Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

tonight I'm starting Small Favor; Book 10 of the Dresden Files

Thoroughly enjoying the series thus far.
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #882
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss to you... for hym...
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

hottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputation

between school and life...

I am still working on

The girl who kicked the hornets nest... by steig larson

super good so far...
hottprof is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hottprof For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #883
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok...tough but valuable reading for me right now.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #884
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok...tough but valuable reading for me right now.
I read this too. A really important book but, yes, extremely tough to read. Heartbreaking.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #885
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Ive been reading a wonderful book... The man who walked through time. By Colin Fletcher... its about the first man to ever walk the length of the Grand Canyon. Im going through a non-fiction phase with emphasis on naturalists...Bernd Heinrich is another favorite... A Year in the Maine Woods was an INCREDIBLE read..he's the Thoreau of our time..but with more of a scientific mind...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #886
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Rereading Cornwell's Winter King, plus a bunch of course readers for uni.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #887
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

This is a favorite genre of mine (non-fiction travel/ naturalists) so please keep posting books and descriptions as they come up for you

One of my recommendations: The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific (by J Maarten Troost)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sex-Lives-Cannibals-Equatorial-Pacific/dp/0767915305/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316744354&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific (9780767915304): J. Maarten Troost: Books[/ame]

I've read this book several times. It really puts you on this amazing island!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
Ive been reading a wonderful book... The man who walked through time. By Colin Fletcher... its about the first man to ever walk the length of the Grand Canyon. Im going through a non-fiction phase with emphasis on naturalists...Bernd Heinrich is another favorite... A Year in the Maine Woods was an INCREDIBLE read..he's the Thoreau of our time..but with more of a scientific mind...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2011, 10:55 PM   #888
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Smile

jus' finished: "the school of essential ingredients", by erica bauermeister (highly recommend dis read!)

and jus' started: "trunk music", by michael connelly (love me some mr. connelly)
Old 09-24-2011, 02:20 AM   #889
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Enders Game by Orson Scott Card

I'm always reading more than one book at a time, but this has my primary focus right now. I am bonded to sf and fantasy, particularly heroic paradoxes and anything that draws upon, regenerates or creates new myths that survive in dystopia. I like to see the underdog win against a dehumanizing force in the present and in the future.

This is a trailer someone made of what a filmed version of the book could look like.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #890
MissPriss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
only lasting realtionship I have is with my job, my gun and my truck.

MissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished Cruel Sacrafice by Aphrodite Jones..........she is one of the best crime writers ever each time I get one of her books I cant put it down her best ever by far is All S/he Wanted it is the true story of the murder of Brendan Tena from the movie Boys Dont Cry....the movie is great but so far from the book. The book is better hands down.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #891
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I am a true crime addict and also love Aphrodite Jones' books! I've read both books you mentioned below. Cruel Sacrifice was so intense! The characters from it were on a two part Dr. Phil interview this year. Amanda was still gay and looked butch. Hey, check out this one by Aphrodite. It's so good!

Red Zone: The Behind-the-Scenes Story of the San Francisco Dog Mauling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPriss View Post
Just finished Cruel Sacrafice by Aphrodite Jones..........she is one of the best crime writers ever each time I get one of her books I cant put it down her best ever by far is All S/he Wanted it is the true story of the murder of Brendan Tena from the movie Boys Dont Cry....the movie is great but so far from the book. The book is better hands down.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #892
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid series. They were good.
Also finished The Evil Within by Heather Graham.
Now am starting Bleak History by John Shirley and Not Flesh Nor Feathers by Cherie Priest.
May also read Slaughterhouse Five again to support banned book week.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #893
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished REAMDE by Neal Stephenson, who is the closest thing I have to a favorite author

Rereading The Age Of Innocence for 4th-Mondays book club

reading The Glass Room for 3rd-Mondays book club and Train to Pakistan for school

Last edited by dark_crystal; 10-01-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: forgot italics
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dark_crystal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #894
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading The Eighty-Dollar Champion by Elizabeth Letts. Would recommend it for any animal lover especially horse lovers.

Just got rereading Eleanor Of Aquitaine by Allison Weir. My favorite historical author
Old 10-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #895
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I am currently listening to a CD set called "The Spirit of Healing" by Lewis Mehl-Madrona. He is a psychiatrist who has also studied Native American healing practices for close to 40 years. I quite like it. It took me a bit to get past his voice, I am glad I did because he has some very interesting things to say. Listening to how he expresses his ideas has led me to alter the lectures I do for the Religious Studies program at the University here.

I just bought "78 Degrees of Wisdom" by Rachel Pollack, a book on tarot. I am thinking about creating and teaching a class on Numerology, Symbolism and the Tarot. For further research I am also reading "The Haindl Tarot, the Major Arcana" again by Rachel Pollack and "The Complete Book of Numerology" by David Phillips.

I am looking for more esoteric teachings for numerology. It has a deep and intriguing history. I spent much of August steeped in Pythagorean Theorem which inspired my idea to create a workshop.

Ramble off

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #896
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

World Without End - Ken Follett

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #897
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I asked R to lend me a copy of a religious book she has because it peaked my interest
I like learning things about other people's religions

Thoughts Matter - The Practice Of The Spiritual Life by Mary Margaret Funk

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #898
nobelcarrot69

How Do You Identify?:
me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Is this a trick question?
Relationship Status:
cheated and mistreated never again

nobelcarrot69 Has the BEST Reputationnobelcarrot69 Has the BEST Reputationnobelcarrot69 Has the BEST Reputationnobelcarrot69 Has the BEST Reputationnobelcarrot69 Has the BEST Reputationnobelcarrot69 Has the BEST Reputationnobelcarrot69 Has the BEST Reputationnobelcarrot69 Has the BEST Reputationnobelcarrot69 Has the BEST Reputationnobelcarrot69 Has the BEST Reputationnobelcarrot69 Has the BEST Reputation

Unlikely Friendships by Jennifer Holland.
nobelcarrot69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nobelcarrot69 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2011, 02:50 AM   #899
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Star Trek and Philosophy: The Wrath of Kant

from the "Pop Culture and Philosophy" series
Old 10-06-2011, 03:18 AM   #900
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

The Eargon trilogy
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading