Old 01-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #1081
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
perfectly content with true love

TheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
Yesterdays reading selections included Edgar Allen Poe's a Tell Tale Heart, and Ralph Waldo Emerson's The American Scholar.

I just love the early American Authors, they have so much passion, so much drive and such eloquence. If today's activists, or even politicians had even an eighth of their skill and determination and grace, the world would be a far different place.

i agreeee...i love the selections you're reading......i think there are a good number of people who do have that passion...who want to see progressive change...and who may be helping to make it happen in their own lives or local communities...unfortunately its seldom heard of....especially with this media.....gods i love you....im looking forward to reading with you for years to come...
Old 01-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #1082
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

"There are parts of Texas where a fly lives ten thousand years and a man can't die soon enough. Time gets strange there from too much sky, too many miles from crack to crease in the flat surface of land." - Geek Love by Katherine Dunn
Old 01-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #1083
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

betenoire - your quote reminds me...

there's a feature in the Kindle (maybe the nook too?) where you can highlight a certain part of the text and other people can see (as they read on their kindles) what other people have highlighted (it tells you how many people highlighted that text).

It can be very interesting seeing what other people highlight... When reading Dresden Files and Hunger Games I found the highlights to be lines that were beautiful, exceptionally comedic, or impacted the plot of the book... but with witch and wizard - the highlights are nonsensical or I've lost my mind.. one of the two.
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #1084
Honey

How Do You Identify?:
big femme heart..... in a tight girlie package
Preferred Pronoun?:
just call me Honey
Relationship Status:
Playin' 4 keeps with Tomboi1982

Honey Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST Reputation

"Shes Come Undone" by Wally Lamb....Everyone should read this...Lamb writes from the perspective of a girl-woman...I am convinced he is NOT a bio male !!
Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Honey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #1085
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Re-reading: Blackfoot Physics by F. David Peat

F. David Peat holds a Ph.D. in theoretical physics and is deeply interested in the relationships between science, creativity, art and culture.

"Blackfoot physics is an account of his discoveries, in a remarkable synthesis of anthropology, history, metaphysics, cosmology and quantum theory. Peat compares the medicines, the myths, the languages, indeed the entire perceptions of reality of the Western and indigeneous peoples. What becomes apparent is the amazing resemblance between indigeneous teachings and some of the insights that are emerging from modern science. Peat's insightful observations extend our understanding of ourselves, our understanding of the Universe, and our place in it. This book is a captivating read for anyone interested in the relationship between science, spirituality, and different ways of knowing."

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #1086
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

Thief of Lives, book 2 of the Noble Dead series by Barb Hendee and J.C. Hendee. I really enjoyed the first book Dhampir. Only 9 more to go in the series (I think).

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #1087
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Just started reading the 4th book in the Game of Thrones series... LOVING IT!

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #1088
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Just *finished* the 4th book in the Game of Thrones series, and just started Jane Lynch's memoir, Happy Accidents... I've got a pile of books on my headboard screaming to be read next, but Jane Lynch is a library book, so she wins.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #1089
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default I am reading....

Love Finds You....in Folly Beach,SC...by Loree Lough.
It is set in a quaint little southern beach town, near Charleston,SC. It is about two people with nothing in common who fall in love.....I am enjoying it immensely!
If you like...go to..
www.follyturtles.com to get more info on the loggerhead turtles program

and you can also go to
www.savethelight.com
this is set up to save the Morris Lighthouse...
Old 01-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #1090
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

TheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST Reputation

i just started reading "aimee & jaguar" ...aka ...a love story from berlin , 1943...amazing book! ....
Old 01-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #1091
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

When I signed up for the gym a week and a half ago, I got a book free from the founder of the gym itself David Patchell-Evans called "Living the Good Life" and so far its been a highly valuable resource

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #1092
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

The Man in the Rockefeller Suit: The Astonishing Rise and Spectacular Fall of a Serial Imposter - Mark Seal

it's the story of the totally made up clark rockefeller
it's completely fascinating, a great thrill ride
and it's all true

run don't walk to your library and find this book
it's worth it

but you don't have to take my word for it
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #1093
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

"Final gifts" by Patricia Kelly
Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #1094
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i'm about 5 pages from finishing and idon't want it to end.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #1095
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

water wars by vandana shiva.....i read this book awhile back....but decided to re read since a dear one just finished it today...
Old 01-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #1096
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,855 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation

When She Woke, by Hillary Jordan

It’s the mid-21st century, after Roe v Wade has been overturned, and a woman who has an abortion is now guilty of murder. Her punishment? Her skin is genetically altered . . . turned bright red for the duration of her 16 year sentence. (Prisons are overcrowded, so now people are marked for their crimes.)

Comparisons to The Scarlet Letter and The Handmaid’s Tale are inevitable, and in fact Hillary Jordan describes it as "a deliberate riff" on The Scarlet Letter. It’s dark and disturbing on so many levels, and I can’t put it down.
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #1097
sugarnspice

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Single

sugarnspice Has the BEST Reputationsugarnspice Has the BEST Reputationsugarnspice Has the BEST Reputationsugarnspice Has the BEST Reputationsugarnspice Has the BEST Reputationsugarnspice Has the BEST Reputationsugarnspice Has the BEST Reputationsugarnspice Has the BEST Reputationsugarnspice Has the BEST Reputationsugarnspice Has the BEST Reputationsugarnspice Has the BEST Reputation

This sounds like a fantastic book! I will go load it on to my Kindle right now!
sugarnspice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sugarnspice For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #1098
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

the girl with the dragon tattoo......again...since my lil sister brought my copy back
Old 01-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #1099
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

my clever ploy to read more by canceling the cable is working...

Last week I finished "Snowdrops" by AD Miller and *HATED* it. It is not thrilling, it is not noir, there are no redeeming characters, every character is shallowly drawn and stereotypical and if I hadn't read it on my kindle I'd have flung it cross the room after reading the last few pages.

In an attempt to scrub my brain of that bad reading experience I was very kindly gift with the "Hunger Games" trilogy which I read between Monday night and this morning. As everyone has said, a very compelling read, I really enjoyed the story.

I'm not sure which next...
Possibly "IQ84" by Murakami which I've been meaning to start for weeks but am feeling a bit daunted by, possibly "The Marriage Plot" by Eugenides, possibly something different all together.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #1100
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

I am currently reading Stephen King's newest novel, 11/22/63, which is about a man that goes back in time to prevent JFK's assassination
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading