Old 12-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #21
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

I had to learn how to navigate my way around clients that think their warranty covers self inflicted damage. I think it is ok to tell a customer they are in the wrOng. I think it is important to find a way to do it so not to receive complaints about how it is handled. The goal is to make everybody think they won something.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #22
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

He should of went with the donuts! lol
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #23
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Starting a new service application today:

Me: Is English okay for your Rights and Responsibilities Letter?
Customer: Oh yeah, because I'm white.
Me: :silent because I am trying not to vomit in my mouth:
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #24
twist of lime

How Do You Identify?:
femme

twist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes, there is no getting around it, no matter what you say, no matter what you do, no matter how you cradle them in your arms and flip their lips back an forth with your finger, sometimes they're just an asshole.
twist of lime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to twist of lime For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #25
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
I have something to say that fits exactly what Atlast has said. I am very involved my neighborhood. No need to elaborate on that any further. What is going on in Pittsburgh is a property reassesment. This feels unfair to many. It's been 9 years since the last reassesment. Now, just because the value of your home and or property may have been increased, this does not mean AUTOMATICALLY, your taxes increase. Today, at Lunch time, the Mayor, the Treasurer, and various members of the city tax Department
held a meeting in my neighborhood to help people understand. They also
layed out in a simple powerpoint illustration and handouts how to file tax appeals if you feel your assessment is out of line. People were angry. One person rippped up their assessment as some kind of protest. They wouldn't listen to any reasoning. I understand fear is a root cause. I raised my hand and when the microphone was passed to me, I spoke. I spoke about filing an appeal on the last assessment. (2002) I told the crowd I walked around the neighborhood, took photographs. Looked for properties that were similar in size, structure and date built. The internet was a new thing in 2002, so I went to the City County Bldg and looked up information on these properties I was going to take to my informal appeal. Some were comparable, some were not. In the end, I felt I was able to prove my tax assesment in 2002 was far too high. I was interrupted twice by some angry woman. I just kept giving her an evil look. I then talked about now, how all that information is on the internet, and how much easier the process is. It was far from hostile. This time some guy started to yell at me. When I am speaking publicly, I do a pretty good job with my filter but
he actually said *Listen Babe, I ain't got time for all that shit* Listen Babe?
So I threw away the filter. *No, you just came to fight. Part of the problem. Never interested in a solution*.

It gets old, and I'm pretty sick of rising above it. You can be ignorant back to them, and they don't even know it.

Rant over.
This is such a good example of what I was talking about! Thanks. Also, I agree with how so many people in these kinds of meetings really do just come to argue and go on about themselves and what inconvienences them. I get so tired of the I, Me, Me, Mine generations arising with Gen X. The entitlement and lack of a sense of community and working with others makes me nuts.

LOL, keeping that filter going can be difficult when an idiot thinks his time is the only time that is important- and predicates his response with a sexist flair.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #26
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Updating a service application...

Me: Are you still working at "The Good Guys"?
Customer: No
Me: Ah, so you're working for "The Bad Guys" now? :smirk:
Customer: No, I work at Walmart now.
Me: :holding my breath:

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #27
nekohl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 2,162 Times in 382 Posts
nekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputation

I spoke with a customer over the phone this morning about the availability of a certain car.
His question went along the lines of "when ya'll gonna git that car?"

To which I replied "that car is not being released in the US at least not at this time."
He none to politely said "well I READ on the INTERNET that ya'll be gittin em in the spring of 2012, maybe YOU should go ask sumbody HUNNY."
(At which point I have to take a deep breath. I hate it when they call me that)
And so, I said " well, sir, according to my communications, direct from the manufacturer, that car will not be released to the US at this time."

He said very sarcastically back to me "well, I guess the INTERNET wuz wrong."

"Yes sir, you can not always believe what you read in the internet."

The customer who researches the internet is not always right.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:19 PM   #28
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
When working in a family business, I certainly had this drilled into me. Unless a customer was abusive, they were right, period.

To be honest, I think the level of courtesy and helpfulness in customer service has declined- mainly due to big box stores that sell on volume. The "good name & faith" of a business does not mean what it used to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
True. And online this is often true as well. Sometimes, I really think that our positive face to face communication skills are going to be a thing of the past. Automation of things not only has affected employment, but how we speak to one another. Sometimes I am sickened by how rude and sarcastic people have become- it is different than in the past in social situations to me.

A whole lot of entitlement going on when I think we are all "entitled" to courtesy and a willingness to communicate with each other in a way that leads to mutual understanding no matter if it about a product I bought and want to return or hearing out a loved one or friend.
You are right. It used to be that the customer was always right and that's because, most of the time, they were. Or at least it was an honest mistake and not the customer trying to take advantage of a loop hole or trying to get something for free.

Nowadays, everyone feels entitlement. Kids feel entitled to expensive toys and clothes and getting their way, adults feel entitled to a better life and getting their way. Okay, so some of that bleeds on both sides, but it's the way things are now. Sadly so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
I had to learn how to navigate my way around clients that think their warranty covers self inflicted damage. I think it is ok to tell a customer they are in the wrOng. I think it is important to find a way to do it so not to receive complaints about how it is handled. The goal is to make everybody think they won something.
A lot of the time, I know folks just want to be heard and to vent. I know this and can usually provide them with that. When that happens, a solution can usually be found.

It's those jerks that, like in the examples above who just want to fight and be ignorant, that ruin it for everyone. Some folks take the phrase 'the squeakiest wheel gets the oil' very literally.

For myself, I have to be honest and say that I have it much better than I did before, when I worked in open retail and hospitality. Now, I see new folks regularly, and some of them are absolutely jerks, but most of the folks I see are my current customer base and they have been here for a while. I know who to call and bug with delinquent calls and who will eventually creep in here at the eleventh hour, who is going through a hard time and who was just blessed with the keys to a new house, who doesn't mind paying the charges that they ring up and those who will give me grief.

One of them brought this thread to mind yesterday when she was going on and on about the benefits and yumminess of Arbor Mist wine and I have to say that I agree with her. Blackberry merlot is da bomb.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #29
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Having spent the last week trying to resolve a payment issue, I am not at all pleased with supposed customer service people. In this case, I paid my bill but the money was digitally removed from my account and applied to someone else's account. So, I show as in arrears.

I have spent about 8 hours in 7 days talking with the financial folks who are supposed to help me resolve this. When I call I never get the same person nor will I be transfered to the same person. I am stuck having to deal with whomever answers the phone, have to go thru the story again, have to wait while they recite the history on the computer of all the other calls for the week, wait while they track stuff down that they requested be faxed to them but cant seen to find until the 12th computer screen, then listen as they tell me what they requested wasnt sufficient to resolve the problem. So, then I get this particular persons input as to how to solve the problem which has yet to solve the problem.

In utter frustration today, I found myself lambasting some poor manager who really could have cared less about resolving the issue or understanding my anger and frustration. I do not like to raise my voice but I was screeching at these idiots. It was like talking to a brick wall.

It is rare that I get a customer service person anywhere who seems to know what they are doing or how to resolve an issue. I find the same problem when I get a manager or supervisor on the phone.

I find they expect me to kiss their asses when they made the error not me. I find they expect me to jump thru hoops to resolve a problem they themselves created. I find they are more than happy to treat me like caca rather than admit their own internal problem solving issues.

Verizon is on my fecal roster today. And I really pity the next person I have to deal with.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #30
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I hate talking on the phone. Absolutely hate it. I wasnt always like this but its gotten to be this way over the past few years. Phone conversations, if necessary, are important to be fact based and short. (If its for social reasons, I can carry on a slightly longer conversation if I prepare for it ahead of time) Therefore I am lost when it comes to solving things over the phone that require me to deal with many steps and multiple people.

this Christmas I decided to indulge and signed up for the card exchange. I purchased some cards thru the mail.

First, they did not get my purchase request. It took a month for me to realize this and talk to someone.

then they processed the second request, which magically found the first request and I was billed twice.

I caught it online. I called them and alerted them so they stopped the shipment of the second (or first) order.

but they did not stop payment.

I called, emailed them, barraged their web page on a sometimes daily basis and yet, no change.

After christmas they contacted me and said they were sorry and yes, finally did correct the money situation. But that little bit of money meant that I did not buy groceries that week nor did I have gas in my car. During Christmas. they cant resolve THAT.

They sent me an email saying for my trouble they were giving me a $5 credit.

Very ladylike I told them that they have told me they feel their customer service and reputation is worth $5 to them....

I promptly got offered $10.

I will never deal with this company again. Never. I love their products and loved these cards but what they put me thru and how they chose to resolve it will never happen to me again with them.

I hope that was the best $10 they ever spent....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #31
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Me: Thank you for calling ____, this is Hollylane. May I have the address or account number that I can help you with today?
Customer: Hollylane? Is that your first name?
Me: Yes, Hollylane is my full first name.
Customer: That is so pretty, hmmm...Never heard of that name before...it is truly original.Hollylane, I like that a lot.
Me: Thank you for the compliment. How can I help you today?
Customer: Okay Holly, my address is........

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #32
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

I no longer work in customer service. The 7 months that I supplemented my income by working a job at a call center were possibly the most unhappy months of my life.

The customer is often an asshole. And a liar.

I was a reservations agent for a big hotel chain. And you would not BELIEVE the number of people who make their reservations online and then call into the call center to yell at the agents because the customer made a mistake in their own reservation.

Book a room in Portland Maine when you wanted to stay in Oregon? Just call up the reservations agent and swear at her!

Fail to note that the hotel you booked for yourself has free-WIRED-in-room-high-speed-internet-access? Just call up the reservations agent and yell at her because you need wireless instead!

Book a one bedroom suite when what you really wanted was a two bedroom? Call the reservations agent and shout "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO MAKE THIS RIGHT?!??" (haha, the two bedrooms were all sold out anyway.)

And always ALWAYS lie and insist that it was a reservations agent that screwed up your vacation/business plans. Claim you did not book it online. Escalate to threats when the agent mentions that she went into the reservation history and sees that the reservation was made on the website.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #33
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

On Sunday morning a guest checked out, but there was a maintenance issue with the room so it was held. It wasn't cleaned until this morning. The guest who checked out Sunday called this morning to say that he had lost money in the room and was on his way here. He told my assistant that the money was on the dresser. She went into the room and saw nothing. He then went into the room and couldn't find anything either. He left.
That means my maintenance guy was in the room Sunday, the guest was in the room Sunday, my assistant & the guest were in the room this morning - none of them found any money.
The housekeeper went into the room after all of this (& not knowing any of this had transpired) and pulled the sheets off the bed. Lo and behold, money goes flying. She picks up $400 and brings it immediately to the desk. My assistant calls the guest and tells him that $400 was found. He claims it was significantly more than that and he is on his way back to the hotel. In the meantime, the housekeeper comes down with another $1000 that was folded which she found on the floor.
The guest comes in and is handed an envelope with all his money, which clearly he didn't even realize was missing until this morning. He then spends 10 minutes in the lobby ranting about how the housekeeper should be fired because she was trying to keep $1000 since the last time he talked to my assistant there was only $400 .
I finally stop him by giving him the universal "talk to the hand." I remind him he did get all his money back and to "Have an excellent day, sir."
#Unfuckingbelievable
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #34
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Me: Thank you for calling ___, may I please have the address or account number that I can help you with?

Caller: Um...I am calling from ________Church of God, I want to help one of your customers with managing his account.

Me: May I have the customer's address or account number please?

Caller: I don't have either of those, can you look him up another way?

Me: Do you have his social security number, telephone number or name?

Caller: I don't have his social or his telephone number. Can you look it up by his name?

Me: What is the customer's last name?

Caller: I don't have his last name.

Me: Do you have any information about him.........at all?

Caller: I have his first name.

Me: We're here until 7pm tonight if you are able to call back with any information about the customer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure it is the customer that needs help managing his account. Wow. Just wow.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #35
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

get'm holly !! u go grl ~~
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #36
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Me: Thank you for calling ___, may I please have the address or account number that I can help you with?

Caller: You called me, what can I help you with?

Me: Do you have an account with ____?

Caller: You people provide our electricity.

Me: Can I have the address where we provide electricity for you? That way I can look at the account, and provide you with the reason for our call today.

Caller: The address is _____39th avenue. Why are you people calling my phone number?

Me: May I have your name please?

Caller: Rebecca ______, you've called my number four times.

Me: Thank you Rebecca. I see we have an account at this address for Eric_____. Is he there, so that I can verify we are able to talk to you about his account?

Rebecca: No. I am his wife. You will talk to me about the account, Eric is working, and I handle all payments for our household.

Me: I apologize Rebecca, I'm not able to discuss the account without verifying with Eric that we are able to talk with you about it.

Rebecca: If you people want something from us, you're going to tell ME what it is you want.

Me: Rebecca, I realize the multiple calls may be frustrating, but unfortunately, Eric has not authorized you on the account, I am unable to discuss the account with you at this time.

Rebecca: If you people want something you will talk to me, or you'll get nothing.

Me: Rebecca, again, I apologize, I am unable to assist you with questions regarding Eric's account.

Rebecca: If you want a payment, you'll tell me about this F**king account! If you want something, you WILL talk to ME!

Me: Rebecca, I'm pretty certain that we have something that you want, and that you are aware requires a monthly payment. We are here until 7pm, if Eric would like to contact us, please make sure that when we speak to him he authorizes you for future calls, so that we can help you when you contact us while he is away.

Rebecca: You WILL talk to me! I am the one who takes care of the accounts.

Me: Rebecca, I'm sorry, but it seems that we are unable to assist you at this time. Have a pleasant weekend.

Rebecca: F*ck YOU B*tch!

Me: :click:

It seems this person may need some time in a dark corner without the benefit of the luxury referred to as "electricity"....I'm just sayin'

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #37
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I enjoy being a smart ass to rude customers with a smile of course! hehe.

Man calling: I'm sitting on your ramp right now waiting for valet parking and it's taking awhile. How long does it usually take to get service?

Me: well sir, I understand your concern but it's a busy time right now.

Man: How long does it take?

Me: They should be right with you. Sir if you would rather not wait you are free to continue on and self park in the garage on the right. *SMILE*

Man hangs up.. Me Smiling. hehe.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #38
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Me: Nancy, I have scheduled a stop of billing on 06/27/12 for your electric service, and I have your final mailing address as ______. Is there anything else we can help you with today?

Nancy (in a very grave tone): Yes, I want to talk to you about something. Have you ever heard about electro magnetic fields causing your customers to levitate off of their bed by 2 to 3 feet? I have many metal parts in my body, and your electricity grid is causing electricity to flow from the metal parts into my veins...and I have levitated! Is your company looking into this?

Me ('cause I know stuff I should not know): No, Nancy, that is not something that is caused by the power stations in your area. Perhaps you should look into living in one of the communities that exist without electricity or power lines near them. There are communities of people who live away from populated areas, because they feel that they are sensitive to power stations and power lines.

Nancy: There are? Wow, I'm going to look that up on the computer at the library!

My comment, unheard by the customer while I pressed the mute button:

"Nancy, it's possible that when your head stops spinning, you may want to contact the nearest Catholic Church regarding your exorcism"

My observation...after the call, when I explained the conversation to a co-worker (or 5..ha!): "I sure hope she doesn't levitate while she's using the computer at the library later..."

On a serious note, I do realize that my customer is probably suffering from a mental disorder, and I am empathetic...But, sometimes...the situation is just so absurd, that I feel it is okay to have a good laugh, as long as the customer never knows you did.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #39
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

i work in a huge level 1 trauma center/ER (university of michigan)....the customers we work with are the pt who is sick and scared and not always very nice...unfortunately..the nurses (have i mentioned that we have the BEST nurses in the country????)...are the ones who catch most of the shit...uhhh...sometimes literally!!..we've had our nurses and techs get physically assulted by pts and visitors alike...

the other customers we deal with are the family memebers...talk about people being scared! imagine your loved one lying on a trauma bay cart...SO many things that can happen or go wrong to the human body...OMG!! you have NO idea!!...

alot of the family members are polite and very nice...but there are some who. become very nasty and abusive...usually due to fear and grief or frustration because the medical staff isn't moving fast enough to suit them...

it's a tough job but i LOVE it!! i love the staff...the nurses, the docs and us clerks...we're one big family and we do our job well!!

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #40
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Unbelievable

Hollylane: I would be happy to help you with a payment arrangement Debbie. When are you able to make an initial payment?

Debbie: I don't need a fucking arrangement. I am going to pay $100 once a month, like I have been doing for the past 3 months.

Hollylane: I wish I could say that $100 would be enough to stop the pending disconnection, but unfortunately, your usage has increased to $180 per month on average. Portions of your past due balance are now more than 90 days old, and $100 is not enough to reduce your balance, because your usage is higher than $100 per month. At this time, I'd be happy to help you with an arrangement to stop the pending disconnection, but we're going to need to catch the balance up by the next notice due date, because you're already on an 11 month payment plan.

Debbie: I'm paying $100, I don't give a fuck about how past due I am.

Hollylane: Debbie, I'd really like to help you with a payment arrangement today that will keep your service active. I can use the first payment of $100 to extend the due date with an additional payment of $500 by 08/14/12.

Debbie (yelling to husband in the background): Rich! Hurry up! The line for Space Mountain is moving!! Hurry! Hurry!

Hollylane: Debbie?

Debbie: I'm only paying $100 every month, and you better make those fucking automated machines stop calling my Iphone, you're wearing down my battery and I'm not answering them or listening to the messages you people are leaving. I'm on vacation!

Hollylane: Debbie, I'm unable to stop the calls, but you can stop them yourself by answering and interacting with the automated menu. I just want to make sure you are aware, that I can't guarantee that your electric service will remain on beyond the 16th without a payment larger than $100, unless we have arrangements for a second payment. Can I help you with arrangements for a second payment?

Debbie: Let me talk to your fucking manager, bitch. I already told you I'm not paying more than $100 a month.

Hollylane: I'd be happy to let you speak with my supervisor or lead Debbie. I'm sure they will be glad to help you with an arrangement for a second payment. Can I have you hold for just a moment while I locate one for you?

Debbie: Sure, put me on hold, I'm not paying more than $100. (calling out to Rich) "Fuck, I told you we had to hurry. Do you want to keep waiting in line or go get burgers?"

Hollylane: Debbie, thank you for holding. I have my supervisor Ben on the line, he'll assist you from here.

Ben: Thank you Hollylane. How can I help you today Debbie?

Debbie: I told that bitch more than once I am only paying $100 this month! That is what I pay every month.

Ben: Debbie, as of today, you're account is $400 past due, and portions of that are over 90 days in arrears. We're going to need the full $400 to avoid an interruption of service, no later than 07/16/12, with arrangements for the remaining $200 to be paid no later than 08/14/12.

Debbie: Can I talk to that girl again? She said I could pay $100 now to cancel you turning off my lights, and $500 on 08/14/12.

Ben: I'm her supervisor Debbie, you requested to speak with me. Based on your account status and payment history, we will need $400 to cancel the pending interruption, and an arrangement to pay the balance of $200 on 08/14/12.

Debbie: Fuck. You people are such bastards. (yelling) Rich! Give me the credit card. (mumbling) I guess we're not going to Universal Studios...

I seriously am left speechless sometimes...Disneyland before your electric bill? She wasn't even hiding it...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: