Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 03-13-2020, 01:03 PM   #21
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
The Covid-19 virus has unexpected testing impacts already. I read tonight, a NYT's article, how people cannot get the test help they need, even after ER doctors tell them they need to get tested because they simply don't 'meet the criteria' for the health threat when seen by medical professionals.

That's got to be super scary.

Today at work, we noticed impacts such as the work population not being as high as it normally is. I also heard from random people at work that when they didn't have supplies on hand, on their specific floor and that janitorial had limited supplies (which is unheard of, seriously, they always have overstock), they shopped at local stores for tissue, sanitizer, paper towels, etc and not one store had any to buy. That was as of today. I was like, "Wow".

Here's that link to the article I read, just minutes ago, published by the NYT's (LINK).

the store shelves here are empty as well. Trump knew in enough time to get us testing kits and products we will all need . He will go down as the president that didn't do what he should have done threw a pandemic. what a bio he has ~ impeachment, inadequacy , liar . add sentiments here lolol
Old 03-13-2020, 02:21 PM   #22
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Our parking deck at work is looking pretty sparse.

I'm scared as heck to look at my 401K account.

I'm working from home now, and so will everyone else in my office within the next week.

I tried to warn my boss we should not sign any long-term (9 months out) contracts for hotels, as we are hearing public health officials say it will be 18 months before they have a vaccine ready for the public. We will just end up paying deposits for sleeping and meeting rooms that we can't get back. Her reply: no one is talking about stuff a year away right now, don't worry about it. Arrrrggghhhhh! She is so short-sighted.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2020, 02:50 PM   #23
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

The Dow is rallying a little.

I'm in isolation as of about an hour ago. Busy day getting everything in place. I didn't get cash, so hopefully society will not collapse, in which case I'm doomed anyway. I do have to go pick up a couple of scripts next week, but I can do it through Walgreens drive through window. No face to face contact.

Exhausting. Everybody is out doing the same thing. I voted early. The election workers weren't taking any precautions, so I swabbed my hands with an antiseptic wipe when I got back in the car. Starbucks workers had gloves and masks. They looked pretty scary, but I'm sure not criticizing.

I had to cancel an ultrasound appointment I had forgotten that I even had until I checked my calendar this morning. It's not urgent and just not worth it.

Well, knock on wood and fingers crossed that everyone stays healthy.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #24
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

People at work are wearing homemade masks.

Still no decision on whether to make it work from home or not.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2020, 07:22 PM   #25
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today was crazy here. Literally hour by hour schools shutting down and having really intense meetings about what policies to put into place reflecting that. As of now we have cancelled all community meetings that we hold in our building and no one is allowed visitors- residents or staff. Daily check ins and health screenings for all 95 residents. Come Tuesday it will likely be down to only essential staff in the building which would be myself, one person on maintenance, one on front desk, a director and our CEO. My daughter moves back home tomorrow, unsure when or if she'll get to go finish her senior year of college. It took three days to get someone from Public Health who had time to talk to me about what protocol we follow if someone in house tests positive. Turns out they don't have a plan. I know National Guard is helping in some places in lockdown so I'm trying to see if they will come to us to drop off food if the building is quarantined.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2020, 08:06 PM   #26
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
. . . My daughter moves back home tomorrow, unsure when or if she'll get to go finish her senior year of college.
I work for a consortium of 16 colleges. (Basically we help them do some things as a group that saves them money, and we apply for and administer grants for them.) They are all going nuts trying to figure out what to do. There are so many questions to consider, like: what if students come back from spring break, one of them tests positive, do they have to quarantine that whole dormitory? The whole campus? All the students in that person's classes? Basically they just don't have the resources to do that. So pretty much across the board, they are telling students to go home, and to not come back from spring break. They are working desperately to find a way to let all the students finish up their courses online. There are a lot of questions with that, too: for instance, accrediting agencies (SACS in the Southeast) have not approved all of these courses for online instruction.

I do know, however, that all of our schools are trying very hard to find solutions for their students. Some will do a better job than others, I'm sure. But they are all taking it seriously, and seem to have the students' situations at the forefront of their concerns. I hope your daughter's school will, too - I feel sure that they are very likely to.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2020, 08:13 PM   #27
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I work for a consortium of 16 colleges. (Basically we help them do some things as a group that saves them money, and we apply for and administer grants for them.) They are all going nuts trying to figure out what to do. There are so many questions to consider, like: what if students come back from spring break, one of them tests positive, do they have to quarantine that whole dormitory? The whole campus? All the students in that person's classes? Basically they just don't have the resources to do that. So pretty much across the board, they are telling students to go home, and to not come back from spring break. They are working desperately to find a way to let all the students finish up their courses online. There are a lot of questions with that, too: for instance, accrediting agencies (SACS in the Southeast) have not approved all of these courses for online instruction.

I do know, however, that all of our schools are trying very hard to find solutions for their students. Some will do a better job than others, I'm sure. But they are all taking it seriously, and seem to have the students' situations at the forefront of their concerns. I hope your daughter's school will, too - I feel sure that they are very likely to.

Yes, they are moving everything to online. It will be interesting. It's her last semester and she is way over on required credits so she has been taking classes like hip hop dance, ballet, glass blowing... I am not sure how that translates to an online class. We shall see.

I hope that if graduation is cancelled that they invite the students back later to have a proper graduation. My daughter homeschooled for middle and high school so she never had a real school graduation experience and as much as she never wanted to be in a real school school she wants that graduation experience at one point in her life.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2020, 09:18 PM   #28
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I am off work early tonight, due to attendance at our work campus being 70% down. People are opting to work from home (for those who can). On the drive home tonight, NPR featured local updates for our metro area and our Governor (Kate Brown) has signed off on closing schools for the next two weeks, which leaves thousands of kids without meals that they would ordinarily get at school. We have a stark divide between the people who are high income earners vs the people who barely get by (living pay check to pay check, in some cases it's more dire).

I also read, moments ago, that the first case of Co-vid 19 is bench marked to have appeared on November 17th of last fall (Patient Zero). So here it is, nearly six months later and it's almost like it's a "little too late" (…).

It's good that Nancy Pelosi has a bill ready to pass that will provide two weeks of paid time off, for those who have been affected by being exposed or who actually have been diagnosed (It's not clear to me, the parameters of help), but it's a start and I hope it helps spur a more vigilant effort on correcting the Medical Industry and other important aspects of what happens to people when you have a massive health crisis that FMLA just doesn't seem to help (etc).

I am being super vigilant with sanitation practices and being aware of risks that might not be so obvious to the careful eye.

All I can think of is that this epidemic is an epidemic that will topple not only anybody's life but across the entire spectrum of daily life activities (earning a living, one's health, etc).

Oh, and I got a call from my therapist's office and the CEO of the clinic personally called each participant receiving therapy at the clinic I go to and they've cancelled appointments for the next two weeks... so they can self quarantine, clean the entire building, etc. Social distancing - is what I think they are advocating. Putting as much distance between oneself and any risk or exposure.

I went by Trader Joes this morning to pick up a salad for my lunch and waited more than 30 minutes to check out my single item. People ahead of me and in lanes nearby? They were buying groceries to the tune of over $500 or more (I heard one cashier voice an amount of over $1K). It was a chaotic crisis scene at that store this morning. And everyone was quiet. Patiently waiting their turn to be checked out. I can't even imagine what it was like at a nearby Walmart or The Dollar Store. One store patron was retelling how there was an actual fight at the Dollar Store over antiseptic hand gel bottles, only four were left.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 07:44 PM   #29
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

did anyone catch the news on Chicago Airport ? People coming in from international flights and flights leaving shoulder to shoulder waiting to get their temperatures tested. what tests? they don't have enough .
Old 03-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #30
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
did anyone catch the news on Chicago Airport ? People coming in from international flights and flights leaving shoulder to shoulder waiting to get their temperatures tested. what tests? they don't have enough .

Now that don't make a lick of sense.....having them stand shoulder to shoulder even IF they had enough tests would be utterly craziness!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 10:31 PM   #31
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default HUD Secretary Ben Carson coughs into hand at coronavirus news conference today..

Surgeon turned U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson got throttled on Saturday for coughing directly into his hand during his opening remarks at a White House press conference addressing the coronavirus pandemic. Neurosurgeon Ben Carson coughed in his hand and then placed that same hand on the podium.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 10:42 PM   #32
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Anxiety over the economic impact. Then I watched a few chapters of Pandemic. Now I am an anxious mess.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:00 PM   #33
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
Anxiety over the economic impact. Then I watched a few chapters of Pandemic. Now I am an anxious mess.
((((( Apocalipstic )))))) stay strong !
Old 03-14-2020, 11:06 PM   #34
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
((((( Apocalipstic )))))) stay strong !
Ocean!

I am trying! Thank you!!!
Old 03-14-2020, 11:16 PM   #35
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

Surgeon turned U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson got throttled on Saturday for coughing directly into his hand during his opening remarks at a White House press conference addressing the coronavirus pandemic. Neurosurgeon Ben Carson coughed in his hand and then placed that same hand on the podium.
Homoe I saw that my whole family commented as we were watching it. all at once we all said ewwwwwwwww I wonder if he just spread the virus. this is why its a pandemic ~
Old 03-15-2020, 08:33 AM   #36
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

We are ALL in this together, even decent people are falling for the hysterics of this situation. We need to be steady, calm and resilient. Help the weaker among us, the elderly at the store who may not be able to reach something. Pay forward (if you are able) to the woman with the 3 kids in line purchasing milk.

Take a breath and make decisions based on mental clarity, not emotion.

We will get through this and hopefully this country can be on the path to unity and overcome anus 45s incompetency.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2020, 10:27 AM   #37
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,764 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

We are self quarantined as we both are at risk. There are so many mixed messages about this thing. I just wash my hands more and use hand sanitizer more. We stopped going out and will just do so when necessary. The funny thing is we went to the store and skipped the liquor store and now I'm kinda kicking myself. We will survive but it could have been a bit more fun. I worry a lot about my parents who are in their 70s but quite fit and in good health. They live 1600 miles away. I really am disgusted by the greed we as humans are showing. I'm kinda wishing we had a car so I could take supplies to older shut ins. I feel the need to help during this. Since my grandparents died, I have wanted to adopt new ones. I was lucky to have my grandparents alive into my 40s. I worry for our elderly. We have much to learn from them. I have seen every kind of post in my facebook lately. Anything from this is like the common cold to pray to Jesus for your health. I really hope that everyone takes this just a bit seriously and starts to social distance. It is for the greater good. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one as Spock wisely said. I hope everyone here stays safe and we as a planet can minimize the deaths that could occur. I would hate to be one of those Italian Doctors who has to decide who lives or dies. That's heavy on your shoulders. I sincerely hope that in this awful time we can all come together and support each other through it. And remember this stuff come election time.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:38 AM   #38
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I refuse to live in fear...

I've already died twice... So this shit dont scare me.

I also refuse to give into the panic, etc due to media.

I will be going in to work and Friday i will be driving to Oklahoma.

Its tiring hearing different stories online and in media about this virus... We will never know the truth or have stories, facts aligned.

So of youre not compromised... Go live life... If you are... Do what u gotta do.

Im not gonna be controlled by anyone including the government
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:55 AM   #39
Buckaroo

How Do You Identify?:
queer dyke butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,172 Times in 425 Posts
Buckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST Reputation

This isn't about one person. This is about the whole country. I'm in good health and very unlikely ill get serious complications with this virus. My fear isn't for me...its for the vulnerable. Though I may remain healthy... I would hate to think my frivolousness would cause the illness of others. So when people are asked to not travel or go out in public..its, not for just one person.. it's for those that are at greater risk. Though I'm in healthcare i don't pretend for one second i know more than the experts. This is a new virus to humans..this isn't flu...this isn't SARS..this This isn't MERS...this is COVID19. To think anyone knows more than the experts is laughable and downright dangerous. If you don't care about your own health...then at least care about others.
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Buckaroo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2020, 12:07 PM   #40
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

My best friend's parents were on the Grand Princess cruise ship that had 3500 passengers on board where 21 were tested positive. Her parents are now in Georgia. Her mother was exhibiting symptoms before they disembarked and was not tested. Her mother now has pneumonia and was just put on oxygen this morning; she is barely eating. They are still waiting for test results. THIS is why we need to be vigilant about what we do. This affects those who are vulnerable. Cavalier attitudes about this is what will make this pandemic bigger than it should be.

I work in an agency whose clients all have IDD. Most of the individuals are medically fragile. Our agency cannot close as we are essential. While I do not provide direct care, many individuals and those who work directly with them come to the main office for meetings and to see the nurses. We just closed down our day program and stopped all live trainings. I have to go in. So I know I can unintentionally expose these folks to the virus if I am not careful. Exposure to a lot of them would mean certain death. I am socially isolating myself so that I can limit potential exposure. It is the least I can do for them and others in the world.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: