Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
when I read about Trump getting back on the Obama birth certificate witchhunt again ... geez, we have North Korea testing another missle and Trump is having to get on that obsession boat

Any and all news about Trump makes me scared.Thinking he was dropped on his head as a baby and it caused his mind to be uneven. (that was my nicest way of putting it so far, anybody notice I did not use the f word or any other special words this time when talking about Trump???? ) Just don't get used to it. Our president sickens me!
He is just a demented loon but a very dangerous one. He has the power to make our world even more treacherous. I am profoundly disapointed in Republicans in the Congress and Senate that want to hold onto their power so badly that they allow this behavior from him, without a word of reproach. The only ones that have said anything are those not seeking reelection in 2018.

Some of his Tweets are simply insane.

Disappointed me today? More like he revolts and disgusts me every single day.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2017, 06:49 PM   #382
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

agree with girl_dee

~ocean sure is bad but so funny! (cracked me up! Heh Heh!)
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #383
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

My stepdaughter, as usual. And her grown children who are following the same sad path as their Mother. Very disappointing and upsetting to my spouse and me also.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #384
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Just very let down right now.

I have been cutting down pine trees today with my Black Friday saw. So sweet! Having a fabulous go at it

Who could know everything could turn to shit so rapidly?

One bad cut has ruined the rest of the afternoon. I went in too deep ... the tree pinched the bar and chain. It was difficult getting it out. I mean my poor little Black Friday chainsaw was helpless, just hanging in the tree while I went to retrieve tools to remove it.The tree started falling toward me after I put a wedge in there and began tapping with a sledge hammer. I had been holding my new little saw as I tapped but when the tree was coming my way, I let go of the chainsaw and dove away. It hit the dirt. I have cleaned it but am almost afraid to crank it ... possibility it may have taken on some sand when it hit the ground. Chainsaws do not like sand.

And after all that, the damn tree is stuck about 90 feet up on another tree. It won't fall by itself

I am beat. There's less than an hour of daylight left. Tomorrow I will hook the tow strap to the tree, attach the strap to my truck and we'll say Bye Bye to this aggravating pine tree.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2017, 09:36 AM   #385
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

More optimistic about the incident late yesterday afternoon. I only lost a couple of hours work while it was still daylight. And after cranking the chainsaw, I see it is fine. I was tired yesterday upset about the hold-up is all.

This morning I have re-evaluated the mess I left yesterday with the tree caught up in another tree's branches. It'll be a non-quiz to get that tree down. I do need to quit getting so cocky with outdoor machinery though. When I am having a good time and things are going well, I notice I go too far with it, push my luck. Yesterday I knew I was cutting in too deep with that one cut but thought I would just hurry things along. I now see what happens to me with that mindset. Last night I recalled summer of 2016 when I was having a party with that GroundHog auger I rented from Home Depot. I went too deep (knew better) and buried the auger tight. It was like buried in concrete ... took half a day to dig it out in scorching heat and over the top humidity. I know I do not want to end up in a youtube DUMB-ASS EPIC FAIL LUMBERJOCKING video. LOL ! I wonder if there is anyone else here who does things like this.

I will take out the limb late afternoon because yesterday was supposed to be only day of weekend to work outside. I must do indoor work today when I get back from buying groceries and getting a haircut. Now I wish I had done housework, bought groceries and gotten haircut yesterday. I despise working indoors. It makes me feel trapped. But I seriously need to quit whining about it or hire a housekeeper.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2017, 10:09 AM   #386
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
More optimistic about the incident late yesterday afternoon. I only lost a couple of hours work while it was still daylight. And after cranking the chainsaw, I see it is fine. I was tired yesterday upset about the hold-up is all.

This morning I have re-evaluated the mess I left yesterday with the tree caught up in another tree's branches. It'll be a non-quiz to get that tree down. I do need to quit getting so cocky with outdoor machinery though. When I am having a good time and things are going well, I notice I go too far with it, push my luck. Yesterday I knew I was cutting in too deep with that one cut but thought I would just hurry things along. I now see what happens to me with that mindset. Last night I recalled summer of 2016 when I was having a party with that GroundHog auger I rented from Home Depot. I went too deep (knew better) and buried the auger tight. It was like buried in concrete ... took half a day to dig it out in scorching heat and over the top humidity. I know I do not want to end up in a youtube DUMB-ASS EPIC FAIL LUMBERJOCKING video. LOL ! I wonder if there is anyone else here who does things like this.

I will take out the limb late afternoon because yesterday was supposed to be only day of weekend to work outside. I must do indoor work today when I get back from buying groceries and getting a haircut. Now I wish I had done housework, bought groceries and gotten haircut yesterday. I despise working indoors. It makes me feel trapped. But I seriously need to quit whining about it or hire a housekeeper.

1-800- hire someone helloooooooooo
Old 12-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #387
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Hey RockOn, I am in the same position and need to give in and hire a home cleaning company.

Please be careful with that hard core tree removal. Think about having a spotter for those big jobs. I would hate it if you got hurt alone. I use my mom as a spotter. She can't help but she can dial 911.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2017, 10:34 AM   #388
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Ya what Chad said! You're way out in god's country and unless one of your dogs in the reincarnation of Lassie and can run and beckon for help, you could be laying out there hurt for some time Rock!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2017, 11:48 AM   #389
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=RockOn;1184541

>>>Snipped<<<<<<<

I do know I do not want to end up in a youtube DUMB-ASS EPIC FAIL LUMBERJOCKING video. LOL ! I wonder if there is anyone else here who does things like this.[/QUOTE]

You know that there are, that's how you know about epic fail videos!

The biggest reason is one that Chad mentioned: you could truly hurt yourself and how would anyone know, unless you have a

"I've fallen and can't get up" necklace that you could push.

Are you getting one?

I thought not.

I did lol at homoe's comment about one of your dogs turning into Lassie and going to get help.

It really is not funny. We know that you are a tough butch but there are limits even for tough guy butches!

Really.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2017, 05:04 PM   #390
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Didn't get near done today what I had intended. Maybe next weekend

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2017, 06:43 PM   #391
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,278 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Ya what Chad said! You're way out in god's country and unless one of your dogs in the reincarnation of Lassie and can run and beckon for help, you could be laying out there hurt for some time Rock!
You could always get the "Help, a tree has fallen on me and I can't get up" alert system.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:04 PM   #392
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanks to all of you for your caring suggestions. Going to seriously look at the house-keeper one.

These yesterday were punk trees. I know I will call my neighbor to come over and be a watch guard when I get into trees larger than 16 to 17 inches in diameter.

And there are 6 or 8 I decided to back away from, hire some loggers. I do not think State Farm would cover rebuilding my entire home if I dropped one of these massive trees on it.

Off now to check on the "I've fallen and cannot get up" medical necklaces. Hoping for a bracelet model. Funny, I thought about that jewelry when I saw the timber rattlesnake several months ago. Copperheads usually only make a person very very sick and heard it is very painful but hunters have a healthy fear of the timber rattlers ... they are deadly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2017, 08:02 AM   #393
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Shakespeare’s Sonnets Are Banned In Texas Prisons. But Hitler’s ‘Mein Kampf’ Is Allowed.

Not that I would ban "Mein Kampf' perse, but to ban Shakespere's Sonnets?!

Monty Python’s ‘The Big Red Book,’ ‘Where’s Waldo’ and ‘Freakonomics’ are also banned.

The Texas prison system has a head-scratching list of banned — and permitted — reading material for its 150,000 inmates that bars Alice Walker’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel The Color Purple, but allows books extolling principles of the Ku Klux Klan.

A collection of Shakespeare’s sonnets (because it contains nude images of children), Monty Python’s The Big Red Book (nudity), Where’s Waldo (contains stickers), the economic theory book Freakonomics (may cause “offender disruption”) and 10,000 other books are not allowed. Adolf Hitler’s anti-Semitic screed Mein Kampf and two books written by former KKK grand wizard David Duke are perfectly acceptable. Nearly 250,000 titles are permitted within the prison system.

The twisted list turned up in an analysis of the reading material by The Dallas Morning News.

The logic can be confusing. Some books are banned by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice because officials fear heavy-duty bindings could be used to cache contraband. Content that describes how to make drugs, guns or explosives, and how to escape detection for criminal activity are also a no-go. Nudity and sexual images are also banned, which makes graphic novels like The Walking Dead prohibited. Atlases are banned because they could be used to plan an escape.

Regardless of the stated rules, “many of TDCJ’s censorship decisions are bizarre,” and some are downright “insidious” and “unconstitutional,” noted a report by the Texas Civil Rights Project in 2011. Banned books include many that are critical of the Texas prison system, the report stated.

The Color Purple is banned because it describes incest. As for Mein Kampf, it “doesn’t violate our rules,” TDCJ deputy chief of staff Jason Clark explained to the newspaper.

*If anyone here has read Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, you should be quite alarmed with this story.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2017, 10:38 AM   #394
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

not one thing
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #395
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
not one thing

but the day is still early, give it time.............
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 02:49 PM   #396
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am always disappointed when I see someone publicizing their own "act of kindness." I immediately question their intention. Especially now with social media, where they post it for everyone to see. I see that as wanting praise and pats on the back. If you are really doing it to be kind, then do it and move on. No need to crow to the world about what a great thing you did and expect attention. Unless, that was your intent all along.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #397
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
I am always disappointed when I see someone publicizing their own "act of kindness." I immediately question their intention. Especially now with social media, where they post it for everyone to see. I see that as wanting praise and pats on the back. If you are really doing it to be kind, then do it and move on. No need to crow to the world about what a great thing you did and expect attention. Unless, that was your intent all along.
i get this but i do like when people inspire people to be charitable. i do however get what you are saying.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 08:23 PM   #398
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Totally get what you're saying re: getting a chain saw stuck and losing momentum on the day! The pinch is annoying as hell... even when you've weighed n measured every angle and it STILL gets stuck!

The only thing that's slightly more scary but no less annoying than a pinch... is a kickback on a circular saw! Each time I swear I'm gonna slice a limb!

Quote:

Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 10:06 PM   #399
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

That my ex has not talked to me today. After everything i did she's ignoring me. I just hope I'm over thinking.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2017, 07:34 AM   #400
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:

Tags
disappointed