Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

View Poll Results: Are you a Veteran???
I served in the Army 24 46.15%
I served in the Navy 5 9.62%
I served in the Air Force 7 13.46%
I served in the Coast Guard 1 1.92%
I'm a United States Marine 5 9.62%
I served in the Army Nat'l Guard 2 3.85%
I served in the Air National Guard 1 1.92%
I served in a Reserve Component (please specify) 3 5.77%
I served in the Armed Forces of another country 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #81
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default Happy Veteran's Day ~ Thank You

Old 11-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #82
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

My father, USAF
My stepfather, USAF and flew in the Berlin Airlift
My uncle, Army
My cousins, Marines, USAF
My friends, USAF, Army, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard, National Guard

To those who served and to those who are serving. Thank you.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #83
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation
Default Help , Please !

I need a help since I am not familiar with many things . I hired second attorney . He is just getting familiar with my son's case . However . the INS prosecutor requested his Navy records . This attorney it's more credible that we had from beginning . He told me that my sons record will not be available by January 9 th since it has to go Washington DC , which means more time for mine son in facility .

PLEASE , if you have any advise help me . We already don't celebrating Christmas this year for the first time in my whole life . I can't even think to be eating ham when my son will be eating bologna sandwich .

If you have any experience with these records , please help me . thank you so much for people that reply .

Vlasta
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #84
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

I can tell you this, you will just have to wait for the records. Unless your son has a copy of them, there is really nothing else you can do. Trust me when I say this, the government will take their own time and you will get the records when you get them. Wish I had better news.
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Legendryder For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #85
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendryder View Post
I can tell you this, you will just have to wait for the records. Unless your son has a copy of them, there is really nothing else you can do. Trust me when I say this, the government will take their own time and you will get the records when you get them. Wish I had better news.

Thanks Legend ,well that's what I though , they will take they time . One of my houses in SC burned to the grown in 2002 and we lost a lot of paperwork . He doesn't have it .

hugs and kisses
Old 12-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #86
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a vet from the US Army communication Intelligency!

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #87
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticOceansFL View Post
I'm a vet from the US Army communication Intelligency!

thank you so much for your reply , I would like to now if there be a problem if I PM you for more info ? please let me know . I am so scare if by January 9 th we will not have a paperwork and hearing will be postponed again .

My son was is shock and so was I initially. Actually last night we got into since he was hoping by the hearing things will resolved . Which didn't happened and his state of mind right now it's why I am being treated as a criminal and loosing time with my family and my children .

Please , if you have any info that could help , let me know . I would be grateful .

thanks again

Vlasta
Old 12-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #88
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation

About 10 years ago it took approximately 6 weeks to obtain a full history. That was also back in the day when requests were filed on paper.

Last summer, via electronic request form for DD214 only, it was received in less than 10 days.

It's uncertain from your post whether you are requesting the entire military history or status of discharge upon separation (DD214).

Here is the link that explains in detail what type of records are available and how to go about obtaining them:

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/mil...rvice-records/

Look around that site for other military links that may be of help to you. Read, especially, the paragraph pertaining to ""Emergency" Requests and Deadlines"

There are agencies that will charge fee to do what is available for free using the government's secure website (listed in the above link). Don't get scammed by any site offering to do it for you for a price.

Good luck and hope your son is reunited with all of you soon.
I'mOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I'mOneToo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #89
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mOneToo View Post
About 10 years ago it took approximately 6 weeks to obtain a full history. That was also back in the day when requests were filed on paper.

Last summer, via electronic request form for DD214 only, it was received in less than 10 days.

It's uncertain from your post whether you are requesting the entire military history or status of discharge upon separation (DD214).

Here is the link that explains in detail what type of records are available and how to go about obtaining them:

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/mil...rvice-records/

Look around that site for other military links that may be of help to you. Read, especially, the paragraph pertaining to ""Emergency" Requests and Deadlines"

There are agencies that will charge fee to do what is available for free using the government's secure website (listed in the above link). Don't get scammed by any site offering to do it for you for a price.

Good luck and hope your son is reunited with all of you soon.

I am sorry for not being clear , what I understand they want DD214. Thanks so much for the link and advice.

Vlasta
Old 12-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #90
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation

It's not you who is unclear it's usually me who is often unable to read clearly.

I filled out the form for the request of DD214, printed it out, and had to sign and fax it to the number indicated on the electronic form. They will not process it without a signature so your longest delay may be in getting his attorney to be able to see him to sign it. After it was faxed it was postmarked 6 days later and it was not an emergency request.

Just to be on the safe side I would indicate your son's request is an emergency (because it is). Also I would make a similar separate emergency request for the complete history. It will save time if the prosecutor decides they want more than a DD214. Your attorney is the best to advise you on this. Again, good luck to all of you.
I'mOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I'mOneToo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #91
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mOneToo View Post
It's not you who is unclear it's usually me who is often unable to read clearly.

I filled out the form for the request of DD214, printed it out, and had to sign and fax it to the number indicated on the electronic form. They will not process it without a signature so your longest delay may be in getting his attorney to be able to see him to sign it. After it was faxed it was postmarked 6 days later and it was not an emergency request.

Just to be on the safe side I would indicate your son's request is an emergency (because it is). Also I would make a similar separate emergency request for the complete history. It will save time if the prosecutor decides they want more than a DD214. Your attorney is the best to advise you on this. Again, good luck to all of you.
thank you so much for your advise . It appeared to me when we went to a hearing, prosecutor was just a bitch that she is paid for it and made demands that even judge was looking like WTH ? However , I am still happy that he postponed hearing . Since if he went through the hearing she would appeal right there and it would take another three to four months to wait , which is horrible since my son's wife is pregnant .

Right now I am hoping for his release from INS since he has no criminal record beside this weed past . He is a businessman and if he is out , he will know how to straight this up . I got a new attorney and it seems he it's much more invested in my son's case .

I will definitely do what you suggested and I want to thank you for your kind to reply and be so much helpful .

Vlasta
Old 12-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #92
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

US Marine Corps.......... 76-79 and 80-82
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #93
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
US Marine Corps.......... 76-79 and 80-82
OOOOOOO RAHHH!!!!!!

Another Jarhead!!!!!!

So.....for the USMC, we now have JAGG, Cougar, TxCowboi, Eunique, Nadeest and myself (did I miss anyone??).

We are.......The Fewer. The Prouder. The Women Marines.

Semper Fi.......forever.

~Theo~
Old 01-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #94
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

United States Army Military Intelligency. 1981 - 83

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #95
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
OOOOOOO RAHHH!!!!!!

Another Jarhead!!!!!!

So.....for the USMC, we now have JAGG, Cougar, TxCowboi, Eunique, Nadeest and myself (did I miss anyone??).

We are.......The Fewer. The Prouder. The Women Marines.

Semper Fi.......forever.

~Theo~
Um, Theoddz, I'm probably the only one of us that had to climb up Mount Motherfucker as part of basic training. :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #96
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
Um, Theoddz, I'm probably the only one of us that had to climb up Mount Motherfucker as part of basic training. :P
You must be a "Hollywood Marine" (MCRD San Diego)!!

I'm a Life Member of the WMA (Women Marines Association), though I'd never attend one of their conventions. Somehow, I don't think that most of them could or would quite wrap their minds around me being one of "them".

I'm proud to have you here with us. You're amongst a very special "family" here.

Semper Fi.

~Theo~
Old 01-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #97
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Yes, I am a 'Hollywood Marine', ya swamp fox. :P I do know the feeling. I think that a lot of the people that I served with would be rather astonished if they could see me now. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #98
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Here's a nice little gem.

A shout out to all the Vets who keep this thread going!!!

We are all one.....one force, one love and devotion to our country. We all have served proudly. May G-d bless us, one and all.

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
Old 01-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #99
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default from the Prop 8 Trial Tracker blog

OutServe Capital Summit planned for May 14-15 in Washington, D.C.

OutServe, a nonprofit organization that represents active duty LGBT military personnel, announced today that it will be holding its first OutServe Capital Summit on May 14-15 in Washington, D.C. Courage Campaign is one of the co-sponsors of the summit, as well as the Human Rights Campaign and Servicemembers Legal Defense Network.

OutServe’s theme for its summit will be “Our Families Matter,” and will feature a day of panels and discussions between active duty soldiers of all sexual orientations and advocacy experts about the rights of gay and lesbian military partners under DOMA. Despite the repeal of DADT, same-sex military partners are not eligible for all of the rights that heterosexual military families enjoy, including healthcare, base housing, and other privileges.

The Capital Summit is an exciting idea because it will bring together members of this community who have not necessarily had a chance to discuss the changes in their lives that DADT repeal has brought and provide a space for discussing how DOMA continues to negatively impact LGBT service members and their partners. In addition, the summit will look at what can get done in the future: SLDN, HRC and Courage will lead a discussion about how to elicit congressional action to help LGBT service members, and the second day of the summit will be dedicated to outreach on Capitol Hill.

Registration for the summit opens today at OutServe’s website. Check out the full schedule below!

Monday (May 14th)

8am: Registration

9am-4pm: Our Families Matter Workshops/Presentations

6:30pm: OutServe National Military Families Dinner (tickets sold seperately)

Tuesday (May 15th)

8am: Breakfast/ Morning Briefing

9am: Load Bus

9:30am-3pm: Capitol Hill
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #100
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

I am Air Force for life...cause once you serve in any branch of the military you are...and always will be...a veteran, many of us served prior to everyone in a uniform being called a hero.... back in the olden days, you didnt wear your uniform off base, cause it was not safe..not cause of terrorists but to protect you from having eggs thrown at you, being called a baby killer and you could fool yourself into thinking you blended in with the civilians....
Always thought it was funny watching a group of service folk walking down the sidewalk thinking they blended in as they unknowingly marched in step....

Well blessings to all veterans and current active duty military personnel all over the world and for all countries....and I highly encourage every person that is a veteran to join "veterans For Peace" www.vfp.org The only way to keep all service people alive is to keep peace by dialog not by guns