Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I showered, using my Paris L'Amour wash, lotion, powder and fragrance even if it is just Super Duper Clean-Up Day. And when I'm done with that, I might well get Chinese .
Old 02-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #42
KCBUTCH

How Do You Identify?:
Undaunted QUEER Dom, Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
MYSELF, Syr, Hy, or friend prefered
Relationship Status:
Cautious, indifferent...

Thanked 3,305 Times in 884 Posts
KCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST Reputation

relaxed with coffee
took a long walk with my dog
and got to mtg
Old 02-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #43
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Myself

Had a great day with my buddy K.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #44
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

I slept in, decided it was a day to be lazy and to only distract myself with projects or activites that I WANT to get out of the way.

Cooking, organizing and starting taxes are all on the list but it isn't being done in a manner that will stress me out. It's all very relaxed and I will do it as I please for tonight.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #45
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Done

1)Taking extra good care of myself.2) Saying no no no no.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #46
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

Self administered pedi/mani. Black glitter polish on the toes of my super pampered and polished feet and clear on fingers of my, slightly drier than I'd like, hands. Having my hands in water 50 times a day and the bitter cold, biting winter winds don't help with that. Got to get myself some better kitchen gloves..... (or wear the ones I have ALL THE TIME instead of when I take those extra few seconds...)

*After thought* probably more than 50 times a day and I am not a clean freak.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #47
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow View Post
Self administered pedi/mani. Black glitter polish on the toes of my super pampered and polished feet and clear on fingers of my, slightly drier than I'd like, hands. Having my hands in water 50 times a day and the bitter cold, biting winter winds don't help with that. Got to get myself some better kitchen gloves..... (or wear the ones I have ALL THE TIME instead of when I take those extra few seconds...)

*After thought* probably more than 50 times a day and I am not a clean freak.
A home-made mix of something like cocoa butter, jojoba oil/wax and argan oil will fix those drier than you would like hands.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #48
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
A home-made mix of something like cocoa butter, jojoba oil/wax and argan oil will fix those drier than you would like hands.

In what proportions? Do you have a 'recipe'? Should I use Raw Natural Deodourised Cocoa Butter? (I've been googling)

I'd like to make a batch in time for my upcoming spa weekend 2nd/3rd March and gift jars of homemade hand cream to my two roomies.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #49
Daktari

Quote:
In what proportions? Do you have a 'recipe'?
Proportions are according to preference. Experimentation is the key. I personally currently use a mix with the greater proportion being jojoba, then argan, then evening primrose, with meadowfoam oil as the least. I use this on my face and hands.

Another good method is to whisk a little of the oils into melted cocoa butter and allow it to set to get a 'hand bar' that you can carry in a suitable size tiny 'tupperware'.

The cocoa butter would be a great barrier when used regularly/frequently if you have your hands in water a lot.

Add a little blissful ylang ylang and yer cookin' wit' gas!!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #50
Daktari

Ebay is your friend of cocoa butter. I don't think I've necessarily bothered with the deoderised stuff before. Food grade cocoa butter is what you're looking for.

In UK this the website I've recently discovered and can highly recommend their products and service.
http://www.naturallythinking.com/

Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #51
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thank you for the link! At a quick glance and I can see they sell pretty much everything I could possibly need to make my hand cream. And, reasonably priced too.

Better dust off my cauldron.

The Following User Says Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #52
Daktari

Quote:
Thank you for the link! At a quick glance and I can see they sell pretty much everything I could possibly need to make my hand cream. And, reasonably priced too.

Better dust off my cauldron.

Yup they do have it all. I buy their packaging too.

Can I recommend that you have utensils dedicated to making such products.

If you want a creamy texture for hands then look at shea butter or possibly mango butter.
I've always had a bit of a problem with mixing oils and butters. Sometimes they seem to granulate but I'm not sure why. One day I'll work it out. It's why I tend to work solely with oils nowadays and just have the odd pure cocoa butter 'muffins' for hands (yup, I really do set them in a mini muffin tin).

ps. with the link. Unless you're paying for next day delivery or some such I recommend choosing the cheapest of the postage options, it doesn't seem to make a difference to how quickly it arrives unless you pay scads more. Also found that orders made later in the working week seem to arrive more quickly for some reason...that's my experience anyway.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #53
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

I can't imagine wanting anything badly enough to pay scads more for delivery, ever.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #54
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I was *brutally* honest with my roommate this morning, something I usually am not. I would rather run from confrontation but she had me so mad, I had to let her have it. It feels good to have that off my chest!!!!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #55
Daktari

Quote:
I can't imagine wanting anything badly enough to pay scads more for delivery, ever.
Aye, me too.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #56
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Had a lovely time here http://www.oaklandsmuseum.org with a lovely friend.
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #57
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have turned the lights off and am hiding in my chair..today was HORRIBLE! I am protecting myself from the rest of the day!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #58
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

I turned up the radio in the car and just let it all out! I also made myself a good lunch and took a few minutes on my break to sit back with a magazine and a cup of tea.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #59
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I just deleted Chefville from my FB. There are too many other things I could be doing for myself, and I can find other ways to unwind from work.

For example, after taking care of the pets, and home chores, I could unwind with a glass of wine and a good book.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #60
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I got up, did some work around my space to feel decluttered, organized and calm, made myself a nice meal, motivated myself into working for awhile and then I relaxed!!!!

I even spent time with my friends without multi tasking *laughs*
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post: