Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default The best thing invented since sliced bread is ___________________ And History of it.

Clumping cat litter!

------------------

For nerd fun:

The Rise and Fall of Clumping Clay Litter
http://cats.about.com/cs/litterbox/a/clumpingclay_2.htm

1928 - Sliced Bread Invented-
http://history1900s.about.com/od/192...licedbread.htm

-------------------
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

The THERMOS! Keeps hot food hot, cold food cold... how do it know???

Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

The Flush Toilet

For its development history (too long to write out here), see The History of Plumbing by Hodding Carter (yes, that Hodding Carter--i wonder how many parents say, "Oh, honey, let's name the baby Hodding, whether it's a boy or a girl.")

Wiki: 2.5 billion people lack access to improved sanitation and thus must resort to open defecation or other unsanitary forms of defecation, such as public latrines or open pit latrines. Improved sanitation, including hand washing and water purification, could save the lives of 1.5 million children who die from diarrheal diseases each year.

[i have a thing about this]
Old 07-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

POST IT NOTES!
Everyone knows what Post-it® notes are: They are those great little self-stick notepapers. Most people have Post-it® Notes. Most people use them. Most people love them. But Post-it® Notes were not a planned product.
No one got the idea and then stayed up nights to invent it. A man named Spencer Silver was working in the 3M research laboratories in 1970 trying to find a strong adhesive. Silver developed a new adhesive, but it was even weaker than what 3M already manufactured. It stuck to objects, but could easily be lifted off. It was super weak instead of super strong.
No one knew what to do with the stuff, but Silver didn't discard it. Then one Sunday four years later, another 3M scientist named Arthur Fry was singing in the church's choir. He used markers to keep his place in the hymnal, but they kept falling out of the book. Remembering Silver's adhesive, Fry used some to coat his markers. Success! With the weak adhesive, the markers stayed in place, yet lifted off without damaging the pages. 3M began distributing Post-it ® Notes nationwide in 1980 -- ten years after Silver developed the super weak adhesive. Today they are one of the most popular office products available.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

The light bulb Thomas Edison.
How else would I write those late night essays for school? LOL!

The modern world is an electrified world. The light bulb, in particular, profoundly changed human existence by illuminating the night and making it hospitable to a wide range of human activity. The electric light, one of the everyday conveniences that most affects our lives, was invented in 1879 by Thomas Alva Edison. He was neither the first nor the only person trying to invent an incandescent light bulb.

Invention: electric light bulb in 1879

Definition: noun / electric light bulb / incandescent lamp
Function: An electric lamp in which a filament is heated to incandescence by an electric current. Today's incandescent light bulbs use filaments made of tungsten rather than carbon of the 1880's.
Patent: 223,898 (US) issued January 27, 1880
Inventor: Thomas Alva Edison

Criteria: First practical. Modern prototype. Entrepreneur.
Birth: February 11, 1847 in Milan, Ohio
Death: October 18, 1931 in West Orange, New Jersey
Nationality: American
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

The bar code of course. Anyone who is old enough to remember the girl at the local grocery store, throwing a package of sanitary somethings in the air and yelling PRICE CHECK!!!!!!!!! As the bag boy turns red and seems to want to crawl into a brown paper poke. Yep has to be the bar code.

1952 The first patent for bar codes is issued to Joseph Woodland and Bernard Silver.

Of course we didn't benefit from this invention until much later than 1952.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #7
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

My Zune!!!!

( I'm to lazy to look up Wiki)
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #8
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

The internet and BFP. Anecdotal History of the Internet

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.

Last edited by Andrea; 07-06-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Pre-shredded cheese! No more shredded knuckles!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #10
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

The humble microwave oven,I remember the litle samll one mom had when they first came out,now they are in many sises.The microwave oven was a lab accident that was suposed to do one thing but did aomething else better.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 02:30 AM   #11
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This great- all the posts- I am nodding like crazy!! You all RAWK!

Suebee (grated cheeze) reminded me of pre-washed produce- especially lettuce. Saves time and water!!

This blurb on "Ford's Produce Co." is fun- they were the first to do pre-washed spinach. Looks like this came to be in the mid-1980's.

http://www.fordsproduce.com/history.html
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

T-paper,cant live with out it.I have no idea how or why but so glad it is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #13
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Heated car seats. Oh yeah baby ain't nuthin like it in the frozen north. Never ever own another car without them.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #14
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
T-paper,cant live with out it.I have no idea how or why but so glad it is.
OMG! The idea of corn cobbs is just horrible!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #15
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default T-paper

Once I ask a very old person what they did before T-paper came out,she told me that they used anything that was at hand that could do the job but could be thrown away.She also said corn chuck would do if dampend to soften them..so glad I didnt have to do that.Again she said the first time she had a house with runing water and an indoor toilet she thought she was very rich indeed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #16
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Since I don't hold Sliced Bread in such high regards, it could be anything, to me.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #17
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Once I ask a very old person what they did before T-paper came out,she told me that they used anything that was at hand that could do the job but could be thrown away.She also said corn chuck would do if dampend to soften them..so glad I didnt have to do that.Again she said the first time she had a house with runing water and an indoor toilet she thought she was very rich indeed.
I had relatives who used newspaper back in the hills. I mean in my generation. People couldn't afford tp--some didn't even have indoor plumbing. Once away from there, I found the adjustment to be easy.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #18
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

Femmes in summer dresses!
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #19
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Although I have problems with the environmental concerns about plastics in general (and how all plastics bring us to more oil use), as someone that has severe arthritis in the hands, "Zip-Lock" bags are helpful I mean the real "zip-lock" kinds. I wash and re-use them and usually put things in a container in the fridge that can be washed, but sometimes these just work the best.

Always a dilemma with some of these things!!

History
Ziploc brand zipper storage bags were introduced by Dow Chemical Company. According to Dow's website, the first Ziploc bags were test-marketed in 1968. This was the first time that the resealable bag was marketed as a way to keep food fresh. However, in 1954, a company called Minigrip, purchased the license to manufacture a resealable zipper bag. According to Minigrip's website, it manufactured the "first integral zipper plastic bag in the United States" in 1959. It wasn't until 1968 when the technology was licensed by Dow Chemical Company to be used for food storage.

Read more: Who Invented Ziplock Bags?- http://www.ehow.com/about_5365229_in...lock-bags.html

Here is a tid-bit about the historical development of dildoes-

History of dildos

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2997.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #20
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Although I have problems with the environmental concerns about plastics in general (and how all plastics bring us to more oil use), as someone that has severe arthritis in the hands, "Zip-Lock" bags are helpful I mean the real "zip-lock" kinds. I wash and re-use them and usually put things in a container in the fridge that can be washed, but sometimes these just work the best.

Always a dilemma with some of these things!!

History
Ziploc brand zipper storage bags were introduced by Dow Chemical Company. According to Dow's website, the first Ziploc bags were test-marketed in 1968. This was the first time that the resealable bag was marketed as a way to keep food fresh. However, in 1954, a company called Minigrip, purchased the license to manufacture a resealable zipper bag. According to Minigrip's website, it manufactured the "first integral zipper plastic bag in the United States" in 1959. It wasn't until 1968 when the technology was licensed by Dow Chemical Company to be used for food storage.

Read more: Who Invented Ziplock Bags?- http://www.ehow.com/about_5365229_in...lock-bags.html

Here is a tid-bit about the historical development of dildoes-

History of dildos

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2997.html
I cannot believe it took us 'til now to come up with dildos.