Old 03-13-2019, 08:33 PM   #33
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm sorry to hear about Simon, Katz. It's always sad to lose a furry friend, even if it's what's best for them.

Today, my two babies had a ball. I got them a new toy; one of those dangly wand toys. This one is perfect. It has a wand that isn't too short (to protect my poor little fingers) with a long furry body and feathers at the end so both of my babies were intrigued. Loki was a bit of a bully, as he tends to be, and tried to hog it all to himself but I intervened and distracted him with another wand toy and made sure that Gracie got the chance to try it out too and they both gave their paw stamp of approval.

Then I set up the new corner litter box I ordered and cleaned the one I'm getting rid of. It's nice but the bottom is black and I would have sworn the picture looked blue. Oh well. Loki found the new box somewhere between me cleaning the bottom and top parts of the old one and christened it and the new carpet pad outside the box so yeah, that clean, fresh smell didn't last long.

Gracie is becoming even more confident in asking for pets and love. She used to be super shy about being touched on the head but will now push her head up as my hand is coming down so she's coming around to the joy of head rubs. She still backs up to me, though, so it's kind of quirky and adorable. If I don't notice her right away, she'll just quietly sit there with her back to me. If she is really insistent on getting petted, she will gradually back up to me until something's touching and I see her.

Loki is still my big baby boy. He crawled into my lap this morning while I watched Junior MasterChef and laid on his back, letting me play with his legs like people play with babies' legs, moving them around like he's running and all that. I got him used to being handled very early and he loves being cuddled and rubbed and played with. Such a sweetie boy, even if he does pick on his younger sister.

Currently, he is in the newest cat tree, hanging over the ends of it, snoozing. Gracie is curled in a tiny bundle on the floor between him and me and is watching TV with me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, pets