How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Sadie officially learned to take a bow on cue today! She is way cute when she bows and she knows it too! lol It is super easy to teach because it is a play signal that dogs use to invite another dog or you to play, so the behavior can be captured and rewarded, then a cue is added once they have it down pat.

It looks like this when dog/cats do it:

Or like this when humans use it as a yoga move.

She learned another big thing today but it is in the realm of Service Dog training, and probably not a good fit for the pet thread, so I'll wait to share that in another thread so as not to deter this thread. I'd start a Service Dog training thread but thinking there is not much interest in that.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #262
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

The KKs are pouty faces tonight. I worked out back until 9:00 p.m. tonight. Came in, prepared 2 large bowls of Science Diet - the crunchy dry type. They won't eat. I know why. Yesterday after work I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. They had 2 for 1 steak special. I got 2 two pound London Broil steaks, cooked them as soon as I walked in the door. Their "steak picnic" made them so happy. Not happy now.

Pouty faces tonight ...
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #263
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

My cat is in boarding. No choice since I don't have my own place at the moment and my ex's place isn't suitable for her. I hope she's ok and doesn't feel abandoned.

My employer put me in a King room at the hotel for the meeting. It's great but it feels strange not having the feline and the k9 taking up all the space.

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #264
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pets

Hi,

Well I caught a cold somewhere between Arkansas and home so my baby kitty has been following me around all day. I sit and she sits on me, I lay down and she lays on me, then I get on the computer and she sits next to the computer.

Does she think that I will kill over from a cold or what?

Chad
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #265
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Our babygirl pup has been at nanny's for the last two nights. My babe picks her up tonight. We both can't wait to see her, get kisses, and play with her! I think we'll all be going to the park soon!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #266
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
Our babygirl pup has been at nanny's for the last two nights. My babe picks her up tonight. We both can't wait to see her, get kisses, and play with her! I think we'll all be going to the park soon!
Since she came back she's snoozed a lot and I even took a nap with her yesterday on my day off. She's played and went for a ride in the car today to take momma to work and she even got some chicken for her treat. She's a loved babygirl.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #267
DaddyNik12

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Domme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sir
Relationship Status:
still searching for ms right

Thanked 1,508 Times in 468 Posts
DaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST Reputation

silly dog , her name is baby, shes a brindle pit , she left a wet portion end of a raw hide bone in my shoe
Old 10-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #268
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down responding to DaddyNik22

DaddyNik22,
Baby was sharing with you. LOL! I bet she is a beautiful dog. I love bully dogs.

I have two mixed bullies. My male, Kevin, is a golden brendle bully/mastiff mix, 107 lbs. He loves to eat and does so with much gusto.

Sometime back, I made them some macaroni and cheese. Kevin gobbled his up in record-breaking time. I looked over at him and he had one noodle on top of his head. That was so funny. They are both characters.

Enjoyed your post about Baby.
See you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #269
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

absolutely nothing but sleep!! LOL... That is all that Peppa does...

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #270
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Tonight after I fed Kelly and Kevin, I said last call to go to the bathroom. They both stood up on the bed, all charged up. I put my paper plate with my slice of pizza down on this little side table thing I built for myself. It is for when I eat meals in my bedroom. Anyway I got up, opened the back door and they ran out. I have been remodeling Fort KK Bully Pooch all weekend. (Made it much bigger and raised the roof so I can walk inside and not bump my head. Next, another window and looking into a sky light.)

Kevin always goes to the fort now, he is liking the expansion. He and I were in there and I realized Kelly is missing. This is not a good sign. She is incredibly sneaky and forever into something. Kevin and I came back inside. I found Kelly standing on the bed, leaning at a precarious angle, lips rolled up and had just sunk her teeth into the slice of pizza on the little table. I startled her. She backed away and pretended she had not been caught. Little pizza thief. I know her so well. She planned this when I asked them if they needed to go outside to the bathroom. I am certain of it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #271
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
The KKs are pouty faces tonight. I worked out back until 9:00 p.m. tonight. Came in, prepared 2 large bowls of Science Diet - the crunchy dry type. They won't eat. I know why. Yesterday after work I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. They had 2 for 1 steak special. I got 2 two pound London Broil steaks, cooked them as soon as I walked in the door. Their "steak picnic" made them so happy. Not happy now.

Pouty faces tonight ...
A light sprinkle of parmesan cheese works for my goobers.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #272
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Very stressful day ended with trip to vet. Staples to close 3 inch long gash in top of goober head, after a head shave, we are now watching her Marathon nap until the knock out drugs wear off.

Still don't know how it happened. Geezus. It's only Monday.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #273
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

They all pottied outside! Yay! No accidents today. Whew! Moving them from a house with free rein to the backyard to an apartment has been a tough transition, but they are getting it

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #274
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I have'nt seen my wild Coyotegrrl in over two years until this morning. I met her during a cold winter when she was only a young and hungry pup. I talked to her, and trained her to eat beside the cats out of the same bowl, and come when called, and she even barked when strangers came, but she left again when it warmed up. I just saw her again this morning staring at me outside the house like a long lost pet. I called her name, and she looked at me like she remembered, and did'nt run! I just put a bowl of food out in the yard for my wild Coyotegrrl again..
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #275
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I don't want to talk about it...

Suffice it to say....I went to lay down and take a "nap" last night, left them to their own devices in the living room and 6 hours later......awoke with a start because the dogs weren't in bed with me. They were not at all put out though. They found LOTS of stuff to keep them busy.....lots and lots....
Old 10-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #276
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Chessie and I just got back from the vet. His bottom was bleeding a little and I suspected an infected anal gland. Yep. He came home with pain meds, antibiotics, and some fortiflora. He shared some lovely scented air biscuits all the way home from the vet.

He has also gained 32 pounds. He went from 85 to 117 pounds. Good Dog, that is unacceptable. Apparently, the intestinal diet was incorrectly prescribed as the high energy type, instead of the low fat type.

When he goes for his followup appointment, the vet will be aspirating the tumor that is growing larger on his belly. I'm very nervous about the results of this. If it is bad news, it is bad. If it is good news, that means she is recommending surgical removal. I'm very uncomfortable with a dog of his age going under anesthesia. But I am hoping that is all I have to worry about.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #277
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Arrow Hey Hollylane

Hollylane, how old is Chessie? My vet did several surgeries on my little Hannah the last 3 years of her life to remove mammary gland tumors. Hannah lived to be 16 1/2 years old. Her very last surgery was at 16 years old. I think she would have made it a couple or so more years had she not developed excruciating pain in her back. I would not put her through back surgery and recovery at her age. I had to help her out and did the kindest thing I could do for her. Since Hannah's body was wearing out, in my vet's office, we gently sent her away from the pain.

I feel like you already know about this but want to mention it anyway. My vet used a special type anesthesia which is made for the geriatrics - of course more expensive but much safer.

I am wishing the very best for Chessie. And you too. I am sure you are upset and stressing about your furry- friend. Keep us posted on how he is doing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #278
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

I'll tell you what they did yesterday. Burtie Butt ran away, TWICE. He is like a kitty houdini. Thankfully with the help of Sponge's meow and the smell of my fried chicken I got him back home safely. I wish he would stop scaring me like that though. I understand his need to be free but I need him to understand I am an over protective mama!
She was bored. She loved, had capacity to love, for love, to give and accept love. Only she tried twice and failed twice to find somebody not just strong enough to deserve it, earn it, match it, but even brave enough to accept it.”

~William Faulkner, The Town
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #279
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Hollylane, how old is Chessie? My vet did several surgeries on my little Hannah the last 3 years of her life to remove mammary gland tumors. Hannah lived to be 16 1/2 years old. Her very last surgery was at 16 years old. I think she would have made it a couple or so more years had she not developed excruciating pain in her back. I would not put her through back surgery and recovery at her age. I had to help her out and did the kindest thing I could do for her. Since Hannah's body was wearing out, in my vet's office, we gently sent her away from the pain.

I feel like you already know about this but want to mention it anyway. My vet used a special type anesthesia which is made for the geriatrics - of course more expensive but much safer.

I am wishing the very best for Chessie. And you too. I am sure you are upset and stressing about your furry- friend. Keep us posted on how he is doing.

Thank you for your well wishes for our Chessie. He is a 9 year old Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Gaige and I were talking about being very careful about feeling out the anesthesia options available for him. Personally, I didn't know there was an anesthesia developed specifically for geriatric dogs. Thank you for the information, I'll be sure to ask about that at his next appointment.

Sorry about your pooch, even when it's the right decision, it is so hard to make.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #280
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Snuck in my bed to sleep with me.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, pets