Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 03-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Do you remember when......

- When Kool aid was the only other drink for kids besides milk and juice?

- When there were 2 types of sneakers, Keds and PFFlyers and the only time you wore them at school was for gym?

- When it took five minutes for the tv to warm up?

- Nearly everyones mom was home when the kids got there?

- When no one owned a pure bred dog?

- When a quarter was a decent allowance?

- When girls neither dated or kissed until late in high school, if then?

- When your mom wore nylons that came in 2 pieces?

- When you got your windshield cleaned, oil checked and gas pumped without asking......for free everytime and you didnt pay for air? And you got trading stamps to boot?

- When any parent could discipline any kid or feed him or use him to carry groceries and nobody, not even the kid, thought anything about it?

- When they threatened to keep a kid back a grade if he failed....and they did?

- When being sent to the principals office was not as bad as the punishment awaiting a misbehaving student at home?

Ahhhh the good old days....when Leave It To Beaver was tops, gas was 39 cents a gallon, and penny candy actually cost a penny.

~Kobi~

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

Our parents never had to look for a warning label on a single or an album

There was no such thing as "latch-key kids"

You did what you were told to do and you NEVER thought of even asking, WHY???

Designated as civil defense shelters I remember having "air raid" drills where we learned how to get under our desk or in the hallway on the floor with our heads and necks covered

There was a mother and father living at home

We called our elders Mr. Mrs. or Miss. there was no Ms. then, and definitely we did not call elders by their first name

Our parents knew exactly where we were and there were no posters seeking little children gone missing

You could safely leave both front and back doors wide open and all the windows too, and trust that noone would come in and rob you

You could go Trick or Treating and did NOT have to have your candy examined.

When I was a kid everyone knew the mailman by his name. The Ice Cream truck driver knew all the parents AND the kids. The milk man came to my parents door.

I remember playing outside with the other kids until dark and you came in when the street light came on..BTW I was told the "Tooth Fairy lived in what I know now to be the "transformer" box, on said light pole"

I remember when students respected teachers

There was no such thing as a "drug" problem

There was a Drive In just outside of town

Hide and go seek, Jacks and Jump rope.

We ate meals at home there were no fast food places and when we went out to Dinner, we dressed nice and we knew to "mind our manners"

Christmas toys were actual toys. You played outside and had to actually use your imagination. You drank out of the water hose because mom was moping the floors and cooking and she didnt want you getting things dirty.

WE were the remote control and the channels were 2, 11, 13, 8, 26 and 39.

Mutual of Omaha was on Sunday nights as well as The Wonderful World of Disney.

Leave it To Beaver, I dream of Jeannie, The Munsters and I Love Lucy were after school favorites.

Guns were for the police and the military

We had manners! Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am, Thank you and No Thank you. Please and Your Welcome. NEVER a No or Ya or "Whatever"

Shag carpet!!
Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
mountainbikedyke

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

mountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Big Wheels

I remember riding mine all over the place! I wore those damn plastic wheels out before I wore out the Big Wheel!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainbikedyke View Post
I remember riding mine all over the place! I wore those damn plastic wheels out before I wore out the Big Wheel!

YES!! I rode my brothers all the time and the Mean Green Machine.
Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I remember my blue Schwinn stingray chopper banana seat bike with the high handlebars and the cool three speed shifter.

I loved that bike, wish I still had it lol
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ahhh yes..those were the days.

I remember when...

I could go to the movies with a dollar...25 cents to get in...50 cents would get me an A&W root beer,candy and popcorn..the other 25 cents I saved for ice cream on the way home.

coke was 10 cents in a glass bottle.I miss the taste of coke in a glass bottle ,nothing like it so cold and crisp.

micky d's sold a burger for a dime...frys for a nickle.

the police officers were respected and not feared.

the world was a safer place to be.The cold war was still areoiund but I felt safe in my neighborhood.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post: