Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #241
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
On a separate note, hippie contacted me. She's been ill and not at home for a while. As she expressed interest in still sending out her goodies to you all, I recommended that she get our addies when she is ready to do that, so that we will still get a chance to share her work and she won't feel pressured to push herself to finish them and send them out before she's ready.

So, keep in mind that, at a later date, she will need the addies of those that participated in the Passions round to get her finished work out to you all. Also, keep her in your thoughts for a speedy healing.
are you going to send out what you have for her?

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #242
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
are you going to send out what you have for her?
If that's what the majority wants, absolutely. I was going to leave it up to you all but I was thinking I would.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 02-08-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2010, 12:27 AM   #243
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Okay crafty ones...What can we come up with???..
A Basket from the Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types Thread
..I'll provide the Basket if we can get a collection of things together....We have till August..Any ideas??
We've only just begun and , so far, here are the donations
2 "Last Call" CD's
Diva

Two Gift Baskets of Oh-la-la Handmade Soap
StillettoDoll

One-Year Sentinel Membership (transferable)
BF Planet

10 BF Planet or Reunion Logo T-Shirts
Strappie

2 Framed Photographs
Syr Issac

2 Tarot Readings (A The Peabody, or over the phone, or by mail)
Arwen

BFP Swapghan in BFPlanet colors
BFP Swapghannners

Surpirse ! !
Gemme

and we've only just begun**

I'm going to donate a piece of my pottery for our basket....is that ok?
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #244
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

For those that don't know, Diva makes beautiful pottery! It would be a lovely and unexpected additon to our basket.

Okay, Passions round participants!!! Those who sent me your goodies.........I loved EVERYTHING you did! It seems that, as diverse as we are as individuals and as a community, we have some similar passions. Family is big as is the arts. We're so talented!

I got Rain's work this afternoon and will be sending the packages out tomorrow. If I don't have anyone's addy (for whatever reason), I'll pm you or take it from the package you sent me.

If you do NOT want me to send one of your pieces to hippie, please pm me and let me know. This is your work and will be distributed as you all see fit.

Since we had a surprisingly high number of participants bail on us, obviously there will be leftover pieces. Tommi, I think it's best if I send your leftovers back to you but if anyone else would like theirs back, please let me know by pm TODAY (I most likely won't have internet access tomorrow, so now's the chance to let me know what you'd like me to do or not do with your work). Otherwise, if I don't hear anything different, I will divvy it up so we will receive more than one piece by the same person.

Even though this round didn't quite turn out how I expected it to, I have been very pleased with the work sent in and very proud of my fellow penpallers and crafty types. You all do beautiful work and it's been a pleasure to wrangle this round for you that showed me a different (or more personal) part of you.

Please don't forget to pull the green string on Ami's work! I can't remember off the top of my head if she has instructions on the pieces or not, but I do remember that she posted a reminder a while back.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #245
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

I would like to MAKE the basket. I have been a weaver for years and I gotta brag that my baskets are very very nice........ give it a think and let me know! Rain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Okay crafty ones...What can we come up with???..
A Basket from the Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types Thread
..I'll provide the Basket if we can get a collection of things together....We have till August..Any ideas??
We've only just begun and , so far, here are the donations
2 "Last Call" CD's
Diva

Two Gift Baskets of Oh-la-la Handmade Soap
StillettoDoll

One-Year Sentinel Membership (transferable)
BF Planet

10 BF Planet or Reunion Logo T-Shirts
Strappie

2 Framed Photographs
Syr Issac

2 Tarot Readings (A The Peabody, or over the phone, or by mail)
Arwen

BFP Swapghan in BFPlanet colors
BFP Swapghannners

Surpirse ! !
Gemme

and we've only just begun**
LadyRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #246
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
I would like to MAKE the basket. I have been a weaver for years and I gotta brag that my baskets are very very nice........ give it a think and let me know! Rain

Wow.
You're amazing.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #247
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Cool! Go fer it!
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #248
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

The packages went out yesterday afternoon. I think I was able to wrap everything enough to ensure a safe journey to each of you. I think that Logicaly's and Rainbowchick's work is the most likely to break out of everyone's and, if that happens, please let me know. I opted to keep the extras so that, if that happens, you can pm me and I'll get another one out to you.

The package to hippie hasn't gone out yet as I still need to get some info from her but everyone else that sent something should have their goodies in the next 3-4 business days.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #249
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
The packages went out yesterday afternoon.
I can't wait!!! Thank you for all your efforts with this.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #250
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
1. Diva
2. Pixe
3. Jake
4. purepisces
5. cara
6. Gemme
7. softness
8. Tommi
9. ME ME ME (ami)
10. Logicaly
bump!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #251
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Our next them is:

GREEN

So.....just because this is going to happen during March, doesn't mean it's all about St. Patrick's Day, kids! "GREEN" means all KINDS of things...yes? So be Your perfect and wonderful creative selves and have a BLAST!!!!!!!!

~ Try to keep Your creations to 4" X 6"......

~ Deadline for ADDING YOUR NAME TO THE LIST: February 24th

~ POSTMARKED by March 1st

~ Remember to send $5 to help with postage. AND...if Your particular project is bulky, overly puffy or larger than 4" X 6", please send a little bit more. Thank You.

~ I will be putting Your collected works in the mail on Monday, March 8th.

An additional bump!!

Old 02-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #252
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Diva..I have always wanted to learn how to do pottery. Once I buy my house, I plan on putting together a work area in the garage to do clay work. Can you share with us how you got started and what kind of training it took for you to be a clay artist? In fact, I would really love to hear how some of you got started in and mastered your crafts...
Old 02-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #253
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
Diva..I have always wanted to learn how to do pottery. Once I buy my house, I plan on putting together a work area in the garage to do clay work. Can you share with us how you got started and what kind of training it took for you to be a clay artist? In fact, I would really love to hear how some of you got started in and mastered your crafts...

I don't throw pots.....I paint the greenware, then it's fired. So basically, I just paint designs on the pottery.....I've not been doing it very long.....Fall of 2003.....and I wouldn't consider myself a Master at all...it's just a hobby.....it's relaxing. Thanks for asking....<smile>

Old 02-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #254
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation
Default *squee!*

I got my very special penpal mail package today!!!

I all of them! There are a few that didn't have names attached. Once everyone gets theirs, I will send out thanks. I don't want to spoil everyone elses surprises!

cara
Old 02-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #255
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

I dont know, i just dont know. i am having a very very very very hard time with the new "GREEN" round. My brain is frozen. I may drop out if it does not thaw out soon..........Rain
LadyRain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyRain For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #256
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

Rain...you can use the color green...or how about a green-theme as in environmentally conscious?...or how about your favorite green comic book hero or villain?...umm...you could relate green to spring and do something about blooms and blossoms...or how about st. paddy's day?...or a tribute to the band Green Day!

Just a few suggestions to maybe help kick-start something.

cara
The Following User Says Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #257
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Ideas for Green

green as is going green

green as in with envy

green as in the green zombie tat on the back of my daughters neck

green as in spring

green as in the grass looks greeener on the other side of the fence

green and st pattys day

green as in going to puke

green fairies

green tree frogs

green foods

green bugs

green plants

there are lots of green things

oh
and little green dykes!!!! from the planet likeadyke!

The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #258
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

Old 02-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #259
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Donation from the Penpals Creative Thread

. .Donation from the Penpals Creative Thread

WE HAVE A BASKET FROM OUR THREAD....a real basket too, thanks so much everyone.

We have Wonderful Handmade Basket by Rain, brimming over with a piece of Diva Pottery, 2 of Jakes Breast Cancer Awareness Bracelets ( pink cat's eye and pearls with a solid sterling silver pink Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon charm on each.
), and Cara's Handmade Cards w/Matching Envelopes all prettied up, a B-P Planet Miniature Oil Painting and easel from Tommi . We are on our way..I will post it in the Raffle thread, and add to it if anyone wants to join in..

Thanks to all of you.It wil be great. If you aren't going to the BASH, you can send everything to me and I'll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
Tommi, I will donate a set of handmade cards w/ matching envelopes. I'll even package 'em up pretty.

cara
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTulane View Post
I will donate two crafted by Me.. Breast Cancer Awareness bracelets.. they are made of pink cat's eye and pearls with a solid sterling silver pink Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon charm on each.

Oh and let Me know where they need to mailed to..etc. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I'm going to donate a piece of my pottery for our basket....is that ok?
Quote:
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #260
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
Rain...you can use the color green...or how about a green-theme as in environmentally conscious?...or how about your favorite green comic book hero or villain?...umm...you could relate green to spring and do something about blooms and blossoms...or how about st. paddy's day?...or a tribute to the band Green Day!

Just a few suggestions to maybe help kick-start something.

cara
Money...singles, 5's , 10, 20's ..will work for me..
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types