Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I totally agree Colette, Biden should be aggressive! I think he will be but maybe not as down and dirty as Coach would like. I've been really looking forward to the debates for a long time. I can't wait!

MSNBC's Stephanie Ruhl interviewed Joe Biden for the Latino-themed L’Attitude virtual event that aired today. A preview of what he plans for the debate.

“Look, the people know the president’s a liar.” I mean they know that. It’s not like it’s gonna come as a surprise to them. And so I’m prepared to go out and make my case as to why I think he’s failed, and why I think the answers I have to proceed will help the American people and the American economy and make us safe internationally.”

Biden predicted Trump’s strategy will be “just straight attack, they’re going to be mostly personal, it’s the only thing he knows how to do,” then told Ruhle that Trump “doesn’t know how to debate the facts because he’s not that smart. He doesn’t know that many facts. He doesn’t know much about foreign policy, he doesn’t know much about domestic policy, he doesn’t know much about the detail.”

He concluded by saying Trump’s debate performance will be “mostly personal attacks and lies, but I think the American people are on to him.”

If the above is true, I predict disaster.

Most people don't know much about foreign or domestic policy and sure don't know details. It will be left to "pundits" to interpret for them and mostly what will be remembered are any gaffes and Biden correcting himself whenever he gets a statistic wrong...and how dull he sounds ... A field day for the right wing pundits who don't care about all those details either.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:56 PM   #1022
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default I have to agree........

100 per cent with the above post!

Also being polite, respectful, and playing by the rules will NOT work with Trump! Joe has got to get down and get a bit of mud on his hands or to fling whichever work best IMHO!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 08:01 PM   #1023
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I think Biden will do quite well. He's going to talk about how Trump has failed and make the case for his own presidency. I think he will be aggressive but if he tried to get in an outright brawl he would lose.

I can't wait to see it!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 08:18 PM   #1024
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not suggesting he get into a brawl. I am suggesting he stay away from numbers, details, specifics and anything else his personality obliges him to get "right".
Old 09-27-2020, 07:06 AM   #1025
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to Susan Sarandons' SCOTUS

With her NEVER HILLARY positions, THIS is where we are. Amy Coney Barrett will replace the notorious RBG unless the democrats delay and derail. Not the way I enjoy politics, but all the gloves are off. Just in case you did not know, Amy:

1. She wrote recently that only virtuous citizens should have the right to vote. (guess I should sign up to be a virtuous police officer, lotsa work)

2. She supports killing the ACA (wrong usage of a word there) She supports the drowning of the ACA, therefore KILLING many Americans who will be part of the gristmill due to preexisting conditions.

3. Any woman here who knows a female or is a female wanting an abortion? THAT will go buh-bye, for Amy believes every life is precious but not the birth mother. (I'll probably make a killing in investing in orphanages)

3A. They'll chant "Pro-Life!" as they are killing immigrant children and our elderly as soon as Medicare is privatized.

4. The ERA continues to be a pressing issue. Without the ERA in the constitution, any and all rights to women can be judicially nullified.

5. She accepted monies from an organization who believe same sex couples rights should be revoked and even penalized with the possibility of imprisonment. Trans folks would be sterilized.

This is the worst possible case scenario, Susan Sarandon was not a visionary, with her help, hundreds of thousands possibly a few million voted Green in 2016. I am grieving for this country, I know I am thinking of a plan B, plan C.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 07:21 AM   #1026
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Even More Unsolicited Advice

Joe, don't bury the lead.

Make your main point first and clearly. Don't lead with explanations.

Largely ignore Trump's answers except maybe to dismiss them succinctly and quickly ( it's ok to be strongly dismissive of his lies but not ok to go on to explain them ) " We all know that's a lie Mr Trump" then move right on to your own points.

Except...if he keeps interrupting you can turn to him and tell him, like a scolding schoolteacher/parent that if he has anything to say he can wait his turn. "This is a debate, Mr Trump, not a rude shouting match"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 07:50 AM   #1027
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

And More

Trump interrupts so...

Biden : "Be Quiet. If you have anything to say that isn't a lie or a rude ugly personal attack, you can wait till it is your turn. Till then, be quiet.

But one thing he shouldn't do is look like he's helplessly looking to the moderator to stop Trump.

And every time he does it...just say "Be Quiet" and go back to your point.
Trump's interruptions will be pointed out and will annoy people.

Wishing you the best, Joe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 12:47 PM   #1028
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
Welcome to Susan Sarandons' SCOTUS

With her NEVER HILLARY positions, THIS is where we are. Amy Coney Barrett will replace the notorious RBG unless the democrats delay and derail. Not the way I enjoy politics, but all the gloves are off. Just in case you did not know, Amy:

1. She wrote recently that only virtuous citizens should have the right to vote. (guess I should sign up to be a virtuous police officer, lotsa work)

2. She supports killing the ACA (wrong usage of a word there) She supports the drowning of the ACA, therefore KILLING many Americans who will be part of the gristmill due to preexisting conditions.

3. Any woman here who knows a female or is a female wanting an abortion? THAT will go buh-bye, for Amy believes every life is precious but not the birth mother. (I'll probably make a killing in investing in orphanages)

3A. They'll chant "Pro-Life!" as they are killing immigrant children and our elderly as soon as Medicare is privatized.

4. The ERA continues to be a pressing issue. Without the ERA in the constitution, any and all rights to women can be judicially nullified.

5. She accepted monies from an organization who believe same sex couples rights should be revoked and even penalized with the possibility of imprisonment. Trans folks would be sterilized.

This is the worst possible case scenario, Susan Sarandon was not a visionary, with her help, hundreds of thousands possibly a few million voted Green in 2016. I am grieving for this country, I know I am thinking of a plan B, plan C.
There is a lot I could say about the things you reference in your post, Ace, but just today, I saw that Dwayne Johnson is placing his efforts and vote to the right people campaigning for POTUS (Biden/Harris Ticket).

I also read this past week, that Nancy Pelosi could end up being interim POTUS if TP refuses to vacate the WH until post-election issues are straightened out. If that happens, it will be the closest our country has ever been to a woman presiding as POTUS (Madam President Pelosi).

Keep the faith that all will be as it should be, that American voters will send a huge message that Biden/Harris is who should lead our country and that frog-marching consequences will take place as soon as voters vote them out.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 06:21 PM   #1029
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
And More

Trump interrupts so...

Biden : "Be Quiet. If you have anything to say that isn't a lie or a rude ugly personal attack, you can wait till it is your turn. Till then, be quiet.

But one thing he shouldn't do is look like he's helplessly looking to the moderator to stop Trump.

And every time he does it...just say "Be Quiet" and go back to your point.
Trump's interruptions will be pointed out and will annoy people.

Wishing you the best, Joe.
Biden will do well during this debate. His only potential problems would be the gaffs, which it seems he's done with. Must have had ongoing speech preparation over the past year.

People watching will observe that Biden genuinely cares about the regular worker and farmer; whereas, Trump's arrogance, disdain, and rude behavior will be on ripe display.

This debate is not very worrisome for me. As my Partner says of the Trump supporters, they "already drank the Kool-aid." We really have no chance to recruit the "deplorables," a lost cause group. Biden knows the groups he must play to. The suburban women, college educated white men, and rust belt labor are his goal and forte. He has most labor, people of color, and the college educated in his corner.

The only worry I have will be the emotional feelings on November third, and that's a personal problem brought on by mail in votes. Not a nailbiter now, but its either that or go to bed early (not likely).
Old 09-27-2020, 06:34 PM   #1030
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Funny thing, I'm thinking the CNN pundits have been reading my advice to Biden... problem is that his campaign advisors have not and they keep insisting it's important to stop and fact check him....therein lies disaster for Biden.

Ignore Trump.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 09:09 PM   #1031
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Funny thing, I'm thinking the CNN pundits have been reading my advice to Biden... problem is that his campaign advisors have not and they keep insisting it's important to stop and fact check him....therein lies disaster for Biden.

Ignore Trump.
I agree ~ Trump sinks himself ~ he will come out slinging lies and crap ~ he's self destructive.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:58 AM   #1032
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I think Biden and his advisors have the debate well in hand. Biden just needs to execute and he's shown plenty of evidence lately of being very focused and disciplined.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...d-biden-422319

Excerpts:

With those stakes in mind, POLITICO interviewed more than a dozen campaign aides and outside allies about the candidates’ preparations and expectations for the 90-minute showdown at 9 p.m. Tuesday. Here’s a look at what we learned.

Biden’s imperative: Don’t play Trump’s game

Stick to Covid-19 and the economy. Don’t waste valuable time fact-checking the president, except perhaps his most egregious falsehoods. And be ready for Trump to go after your kid — and your brothers.

These are among the pointers Biden’s advisers are giving the candidate in prep sessions ahead of the debate.

“The goal for this debate is to not be a fact-checker of Donald Trump. His goal is to communicate directly to the American people and to outline his vision for how we overcome the pandemic, finally,” said a second person familiar with the Biden campaign’s thinking.

----------

Meanwhile, Trump and his idiotic followers (and sadly some on the left) have been spending months claiming Biden is senile. They are violating one of the cardinal rules of debates which is never lower expectations for your opponent. Now Trump is claiming Biden is taking performance-enhancing drugs which explains his coherence. Ridiculous. All this will just make Biden look even stronger and clearer when it is obvious he isn't the slightest bit senile.

I can't wait!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 01:29 PM   #1033
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Who needs enemies...

"Meanwhile, Trump and his idiotic followers (and sadly some on the left) have been spending months claiming Biden is senile." Bulldog

It's probably the longest unbroken tradition on "The Left"....stabbing each other in the back until they slip and slide in each other's blood off the political stage.

I'm very fond of the film, "The Death of Stalin".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 09:17 PM   #1034
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Okay, I will be honest, I didn't think Biden was quite as strong as I would have hoped, but that almost seems unfair given the shit show and constant interruptions.

Biden did make some good points. Maybe they will get out in short clips on TV and social media.

I can't see how Trump helped himself at all. I don't see how anyone who wasn't already going to vote for him would be convinced to vote for him now.

Moderators should have a mute button where they can cut off the mic of the person who isn't supposed to be speaking.

I don't expect this will change the dynamics of the race.

What a disgrace. I just hope Trump doesn't turn a lot of people off from voting.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 09:49 PM   #1035
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2020, 09:11 PM   #1036
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 07:05 AM   #1037
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default The Guardian is reporting.........

Donald Trump showing mild 'cold-like symptoms' – reports
Trump is showing symptoms of the novel coronavirus, but mild ones, according to two people familiar with his condition, reports the New York Times. Maggie Haberman writes:

The president has had what one person described as cold-like symptoms. At a fund-raiser he attended at his golf club at Bedminster, New Jersey, on Thursday, where one attendee said the president came in contact with about 100 people, he seemed lethargic.

A person briefed on the matter said that Mr. Trump fell asleep at one point on Air Force One on the way back from a rally in Minnesota on Wednesday night.

A White House official said that as of Thursday night, the president’s treatment plan was still being discussed. So was a possible national address or a videotaped statement from the president to demonstrate that he was functioning and that the government is uninterrupted.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ve-latest-news
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 04:46 PM   #1039
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

The Biden campaign is pulling their negative ads for now. At first I thought, oh no we need every dirty tactic to beat this guy. But it might be the best. Focus on articulating your vision for the Biden/Harris administration. Everyone knows how bad Trump is and how bad he has handled the virus. Just show leadership and articulate your vision as your closing argument. I think it's good.

Hopefully, I'm not being a naiive liberal.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 08:16 PM   #1040
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

We have a community of like-minded business owners, and tonight on my way home i saw a powerful message on a business store billboard.

"The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression," ~ W. E. B. DuBois.

It was great to see this message. Especially after all the excess tactics by the current DC/WH admin.

We have had four years of an repressive regime by TP & the GOP.

No more.

The best is yet to come and I wholeheartedly believe that the Democrats will come in strong and take control of a very terrible page in American politics.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
2020, election