Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I'm watching Reds2 on Netflix..for some reason a fully bald, old Bruce Willis is becoming more appealing to me these days.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2016, 06:06 PM   #2882
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

A Girl Like Grace (2015) Meagan Good, Raven-Symoné, Garcelle Beauvais

I really wanted to like this movie, unfortunately I didn't

I can say Raven-Symone was outstanding as a bad ass!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:54 PM   #2883
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Hollars (2016)

It was enjoyable..................
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #2884
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,370 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

My client's husband rented The Accountant with Ben Affleck. It was omg good. Edge of your seat good...

I happened to mention that my brother looks a lot like Ben Affleck. The husband said I have a very good looking brother. Why yes...yes I do
Old 01-11-2017, 08:26 PM   #2885
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw these movies today.

Excellent. So, so excellent!!!

If you enjoy this series, this will answer a couple of questions and it's visually stunning. I enjoyed it greatly.

I also saw these yesterday.

I hated this movie and the main character for the first half hour but after that, things got better.

Disney does it again. Very well done.

This is a pretty timely movie, given where we are in the world.

I loved this in the movie.

This documentary was great and story for the Davids of the world trying to do their best around the Goliaths. That and it's a horse documentary. I tend to love things with horses in them.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2017, 06:17 PM   #2886
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I watched a movie called Sister Cities on Netflix. I thought it was pretty good. Kept my attention when very little does these days.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:27 PM   #2887
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

My daughter and I went to see Hidden Figures on Friday night. It was SOOOO good. We knew it would be but it was so much better than we thought to dream of. I'm really glad we saw it together. Very empowering film that really showed how to rise up, go high, and make change. Also, always glad to fill in a missing piece in history.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2017, 01:21 AM   #2888
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

I just saw To Joey With love
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:55 AM   #2889
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

La La Land
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #2890
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Live By Night with Ben Affleck.

5 out of 5 stars!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #2891
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw this movie and it was cute.

Before that, I saw this movie and it touched my crying nerve, which surprised me. It's well done but I really wanted to beat the stupid people senseless.

Given how they were behaving, it wouldn't have taken long.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #2892
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

My client and I watched Christine last night. It's about a reporter in the 70s that I don't remember hearing about previously.

It was very good but I found the lead actress distracting. Her voice and postures went back and forth between feminine and masculine.

Still, good movie.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:23 PM   #2893
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw Jackie. It was good but disturbing for a few reasons. A lot of people are buzzing about another Oscar for Natalie. Maybe. She's good.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 08:32 PM   #2894
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I saw Jackie. It was good but disturbing for a few reasons. A lot of people are buzzing about another Oscar for Natalie. Maybe. She's good.

I hope that movie is still featured at a theater, when I'm able to go out for a night at the movies. Looks like a good film to see, Gemme.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #2895
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I hope that movie is still featured at a theater, when I'm able to go out for a night at the movies. Looks like a good film to see, Gemme.
It hasn't come out in my area yet. I was at a private screening so I think you have some time.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2017, 03:21 PM   #2896
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Midnight Special

I liked it. It had a good cast.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2017, 06:40 PM   #2897
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw these movies on Tuesday.

This was cute and fun.

This was intense and brought up some pretty strong emotions. Very well made.

This was thrilling and fun.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2017, 11:35 AM   #2898
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thank You, Mr. President: Helen Thomas at the White House (2008) Directed by award-winning filmmaker Rory Kennedy.

I watched it on HBO but I believe it's also posted on youtube as well

It's an inside look at the White House Press Corps and I found it very interesting.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2017, 04:54 PM   #2899
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I saw A Dog's Purpose on Friday. I was a bit torn about it given the video that's surfaced showing a trainer forcing one of the dogs into rapidly churning water and then s/he was soon after sucked under. It was hard to watch.

I was torn, of course, because that's not how animals are supposed to be treated anywhere--not just on a movie lot--and also because the person who leaked this obviously has no interest in the care of the animal at all.

Movies are typically made 1-2 years before they open in theatres and someone sat on this footage all that time with the only intention of ruining opening sales for the movie. There was no humanitarian or altruistic leaning in this; it is purely financial and/or vengeful.

Part of me wants to work against their goal for the principle of it but part of me did want to hold off because there are agencies in place to make sure that stuff like that doesn't happen. That dog was failed, on multiple levels and by multiple people.

BUT

I went to see it and bawled a good 50% through the movie. It's a good movie. I still want to find out what happened after the water situation and if it was addressed or not, but I'm not sorry that I went to see it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:45 AM   #2900
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Book of Love Jason Sudeikis, Maisie Williams, Jessica Biel

Henry is an introverted architect. After the death of his wife in a car accident, he sets out to help Millie, a homeless teen, to build a raft to sail across the Atlantic.

I enjoyed it very much
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie