Plato
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
ProVerb
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Plato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST ReputationPlato Has the BEST Reputation
Talking ... update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiNik View Post
Koop,
Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking about you and wishing a speedy recovery! I will keep the doctor and staff in my prayers.I know you have waited a long time for this! I am very excited for you.
Koop is home from surgery and all went well.
No drains, but he says he was hit by a Mac truck.
.. or that's how it feels, anyway! ...

CONGRATULATIONS KOOP!
Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Plato For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #82
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

Goofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Koop is home from surgery and all went well.
No drains, but he says he was hit by a Mac truck.
.. or that's how it feels, anyway! ...

CONGRATULATIONS KOOP!
Glad to hear he's doing well! That mac truck will get smaller in a couple of days!

Congrats Koopster!
Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #83
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats, great to hear things went well!
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #84
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
Glad to hear he's doing well! That mac truck will get smaller in a couple of days!

Congrats Koopster!

Thanks for all the well wishes

Your right it's more like a pick up truck today!

I'm home and everthing seemed to go great!

Very little swelling and bruising and no tubes, if anyone is ever interested in pics pm me your email and i'm happy to share. Just took pics today.

The funniest thing that happened in all this was at the hotel this morning. My ride slept in and I was hungry so I went down to get breakfast myself. I was moving so slow that everytime I left the table they tried to clear it and I'd have to yellow across the room. The guests were laughing after awhile.

Like Goofy I'm finding that the recliner is the most comfortable. I recommend if someone has to stay at a hotel that they try to find a room that has a recliner or a nice big oversized easy chair. I did not sleep well at all on my back .. and was most comfortable when sitting propted up in the bed.

The dr. didn't believe in the arnica yet said that whatever I did to get ready worked because there's so little swelling and bruising most of it is on my right side ... and the sides in general where he did some lyposuction.

I don't drink much soda but had brought some zevia soda as a treat. Luckily I had because i had a lot of air in my stomach from the anistesia and the carbonation helped a lot.

My only other real challenge was learning how to move because it is so different then for back surgery.

I recommend people do a lot of situps before surgery because the easiest way to lie down and get back up is to do a situp without using any arms to push up. Unfortunately I haven't done sit ups for awhile, otherwise if I do have to push up its easiest to push from the elbows.

Also make sure to have some type of bland food along, like crackers or bread. They recommend a liquid diet the day of surgery but something solid is needed for some of the medicines.

I go back in 12 days to get the stitches out.
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #85
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Koop, did i miss it when you said who your doctor was? Curious where you had your surgery done at.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #86
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
Koop, did i miss it when you said who your doctor was? Curious where you had your surgery done at.
I went to the same one as theo, Voloshin in NewPort Beach. I don't think we was any cheaper then others but just was more convenient, the staff was great, and I was really happy to not have to have drains.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #87
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #88
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post

Thanks for all the well wishes

Your right it's more like a pick up truck today!

I'm home and everthing seemed to go great!

Very little swelling and bruising and no tubes, if anyone is ever interested in pics pm me your email and i'm happy to share. Just took pics today.

The funniest thing that happened in all this was at the hotel this morning. My ride slept in and I was hungry so I went down to get breakfast myself. I was moving so slow that everytime I left the table they tried to clear it and I'd have to yellow across the room. The guests were laughing after awhile.

Like Goofy I'm finding that the recliner is the most comfortable. I recommend if someone has to stay at a hotel that they try to find a room that has a recliner or a nice big oversized easy chair. I did not sleep well at all on my back .. and was most comfortable when sitting propted up in the bed.

The dr. didn't believe in the arnica yet said that whatever I did to get ready worked because there's so little swelling and bruising most of it is on my right side ... and the sides in general where he did some lyposuction.

I don't drink much soda but had brought some zevia soda as a treat. Luckily I had because i had a lot of air in my stomach from the anistesia and the carbonation helped a lot.

My only other real challenge was learning how to move because it is so different then for back surgery.

I recommend people do a lot of situps before surgery because the easiest way to lie down and get back up is to do a situp without using any arms to push up. Unfortunately I haven't done sit ups for awhile, otherwise if I do have to push up its easiest to push from the elbows.

Also make sure to have some type of bland food along, like crackers or bread. They recommend a liquid diet the day of surgery but something solid is needed for some of the medicines.

I go back in 12 days to get the stitches out.
Great to hear that you're doing so well, Koop, and that the whole ordeal has been relatively smooth for you!!!

Everything will get easier now, day by day. You're really lucky that you didn't have those drains. I was "double barreled" for 2 days!!!

Keep up the good work and let us know how things are going.

~Theo~
Old 05-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #89
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Great to hear that you're doing so well, Koop, and that the whole ordeal has been relatively smooth for you!!!

Everything will get easier now, day by day. You're really lucky that you didn't have those drains. I was "double barreled" for 2 days!!!

Keep up the good work and let us know how things are going.

~Theo~
Thanks Theo!

Yesterday was rough, but the sheet the dr gave me said the swelling and bruising would probably be the worse 2 or 3 days out. Also was fighting a fever but it so far is gone today. Once I started taking tylenol every 3 hours it seemed to get under my control, for some reason waiting that 4th hour would allow it to take off. I've actually been able to get the shirt on and off myself but if somebody has help I'd take it.

Finally gettin the hang of how to move around in bed and in and out of my chair.

Things I have found helpful have been paper plates and bowls and i bought some of those bath wipes that you heat up in the microwave. They make cleaning up easy.

Also if you have some tight shirts my doctor says those can be used instead of a binder. I"m still using the binder but do have a tight under shirt under it, to help keep the binder clean longer and because the binder is a little bit itchy.

When were people able to start sleeping on their side? That is the part that is killing me the most.

Did anyone using any cold packs at all? I've been putting them on occassionally on the bruising that is under my arms and goes towards the back. Nothing on the front side. Just on the bruising and swelling that is away from the graphs and incisions.

When did you clean up around the incision area? So far I've stayed away from cleaning that area. I know the paperwork says I can get those strips wet but i know they'll stay on longer the longer I stay away from that area.

Dang had a brain fart! I thought of something else but it's gone now
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #90
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Gosh I really can't wait till I get to lie on my side ... sleep is getting harder and harder!

One of the more interesting things I have found myself doing is standing on my tip toes. I'm fortunate that i'm fairly tall to begin with and often i just need an extra inch or two to avoid having to reach up, and this is accomplished by standing on my tip toes.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #91
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I bet it feels great having had the surgery done bro, I'm happy for you congrats
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #92
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Koop, how's things going?? How's the healing coming along??

I had to contact Dr. V's office here, lately, and ask for a *notorized* copy of my surgical letter, so I can have the State of Florida change my gender marker. I thought they would do it without a notarization, but as it turns out, they do need a notarized letter.

Speaking of backwards, it's only been since last year that the State of Florida would even change a name on a birth certificate with a court order from outside of the state of Florida.

Anyway, Dr. V's office has cheerfully agreed to provide a notarized letter. Talk about great customer service, even waaay after the sale. Dr. V. and his office are truly a caring and helpful team. I can't say enough about this great, compassionate doctor and his staff. There's no way I could have ever chosen a better doctor.

I was able to go outside shirtless today, to grab the garbage that blew into my front yard with the high winds we've had lately. It's nearly 75 degrees here today, and the warm breeze felt great blowing through my chest and tummy hair against my skin.

So Koop, how is your chest turning out?? Are you pleased with your results?? I certainly hope you are and will continue to be as pleased as I am and have been.

~Theo~
Old 05-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #93
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Hey Theo, funny you should ask since I was thinkin about coming in to post today.

Tomorrow will be two weeks since my surgery and i'm just amazed at where I'm at. I've been extremely pleased with the care I've gotten from Dr. Voloshin and his staff. Although i believe there are other excellent places to go I am so pleased I went there.

Yesterday I got the nipple stitches out and got a kick out of the fact that even Dr. Voloshin was amazed at how great my chest looks. I showed it to my roomie last night and he said he was a little jealous at how great my chest looked cause now he's got the man boobs in the house.

I thought I would come in here and post where I'm at with the two week mark. It's easier to post now then to try to remember back some day when other people are looking into their surgeries.

At two weeks, i'm casually walking for about 30 to 60 minutes. I've done a few short drives, 15 to 30 minutes one way and yesterday drove down and back to newport, about an hour each way and did some errands. Was beat when i got home but was out and about for over 5 hours.

I'm able to put sleevelesss under shirts on and even can get my compression shirt that is a single layer with a shirt built in on and off. Although I almost had to call my roomie for help last night, getting it off. It was the first time and I hadn't figured out the best method for that shirt yet.

I'm slowly starting to move things back into their places now that I can easily reach up into the first and second shelves of cupboards. Today I'm going to shower for the first time. Up to now I've been mainly using the disposable bath wipes that you can buy in the store and heat up in the microwave.

About a week back i got so frustrated with sleep that i reclaimed one of the dog beds. I've had problems with memory foam in the past but any itches from it have been well tolerated for the comfortability and ability to sleep. I'm still using it and because of that I was able to finally sleep on my sides last night.

Not sure what else to comment on but i'm just thrilled at where I'm at.

I go back in two weeks again just to be checked on. Till then I'm still suppose to keep the cloth tape on the scars. For the next couple days i'm suppose to still put bandages and cream over the nipples. Everything is coming along good.

I see no reason not to start back at work at the beginning of June. Will still start back part time. It's two more weeks until I can work out good and I want to be able to do some before I'm back in the grind full time.

If I had a desk job I would probaby think about starting back part time next week, but unforunately i'm not that fortunate.

I hpe to also start looking for new work now that this phase is done. I need a job with benefits before I look into any of the name/sex change stuff.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #94
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Did anyone else have binder burns? How long did they take to go away? Have they gone away?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #95
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
Did anyone else have binder burns? How long did they take to go away? Have they gone away?
None here. Are you talking about your surgical binders?

I didn't have any from regular pre-surgery binding either. Post-surgery, I used Ace bandage/tensors, not any sort of "official" post-surgical binder. Maybe that was the difference.

That sounds pretty severe though. If you're wearing something that is causing burns like that, how about using something different??? Or going without while you're at home lying down?

On a side note, how are you feeling? Healing?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #96
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
None here. Are you talking about your surgical binders?

I didn't have any from regular pre-surgery binding either. Post-surgery, I used Ace bandage/tensors, not any sort of "official" post-surgical binder. Maybe that was the difference.

That sounds pretty severe though. If you're wearing something that is causing burns like that, how about using something different??? Or going without while you're at home lying down?

On a side note, how are you feeling? Healing?
These are from presurgery, when the binder would roll up and dig into my ribs.

I'm doing pretty good. Amazed at how much the surgery took out of me. I'll feel decent then do stuff and be exhausted. Had to clean the fridge yesterday because a huge ice sculpture had formed in the freezer and it was a bigger process then normal. Had to just do a little bit, rest and do a bit more. The good note is that the more physically i do the less stiff I am both surgically and all over. Hopng to start some work back up next weekend. Will go in and talk to them towards the end of the week, about what will work the best.

My chest looks amazing though.

I haven't had to do any type of binding now for about a week. Just able to wear a normal shirt. He does have me putting tape over the big incisions for a few months though. Part of that is just to keep it from getting irritated.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #97
Maverick

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them
Relationship Status:
encumbered

Maverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST Reputation

I have a question for the guys that have had their surgeries a while ago and are healed up. I'm thinking about having top surgery in the future but I'm concerned about losing sensation in the nipples afterwards. What are your experiences with this? Is there good sensation still or is it mostly numb now. I will definitely need double incision as I'm fairly large.

Thanks
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #98
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
I have a question for the guys that have had their surgeries a while ago and are healed up. I'm thinking about having top surgery in the future but I'm concerned about losing sensation in the nipples afterwards. What are your experiences with this? Is there good sensation still or is it mostly numb now. I will definitely need double incision as I'm fairly large.

Thanks
i really had no sensation prior and I definitely have sensation now!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #99
Maverick

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them
Relationship Status:
encumbered

Maverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST ReputationMaverick Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

that's encouraging to hear.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #100
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I am so glad that I read this thread. Through it, I found out that there is an SRS surgeon right here in Texas, and that they are still operating. Thanks, everyone, for posting here.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post: