Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hallmark Moments

Was flipping thru a folder I keep with greeting cards that have spoken to me over the years. Some are for holidays, some for bdays, some for life events, some for the heck of it.

I noticed that each card was unique, innovative, creative, unusual.....but each card also meant something very special to me. Regardless of the sender, the cards they chose to send all indicated that these folks knew who I was and what i was about.

There is something heartwarming to know people think enough about you to find the card that says....yep this is you.

One is a bday card....has 3 dudes on the front....a tall lanky guy with blondish hair, a short pudgy guy with dark hair, and a black dude with afro, facial hair and peace medallion around neck. Outside says,,,,happy bday from the Cleavers. Inside says....Wally, Beaver, and Eldredge.

One is a thinking of you card.....from has a toilet with a human leg sticking out the bowl. Inside says....finding oneself is not always an easy or well defined process.

Memories.

So am I the only sap who collects stuff like this?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

Nope. You aren't the only one. lol. I keep things like that too. I tend to collect post cards. People usually send them to me to when they go places because they know I like them.
I LOVE Hallmark. And when I am picking out cards to send I usually put a lot of time into figuring it out. For Valentines Day I got my daughter a card from Hallmark that when you open it - it makes jungle sounds. It cracks her up every time she opens it.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2015, 05:48 PM   #3
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I must say I don't keep cards as mementos UNLESS it's something spectacular!
The best card I ever got was from a lesbian who lived about 6 blocks from me and was a good friend! On the face of the card was a woman sitting in a lawn chair outside of a pink trailer, surrounded by pink flamingos lawn ornaments! The caption " I read that woman have sex in the neighborhood of 5 times a week" Inside "Do you suppose we're living in the wrong neighborhood?
I recreated the card once myself seeing I have NEVER been able to find it! I believe it's an American Greeting line!

I've rarely gotten a greeting card I didn't love!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2015, 04:25 PM   #4
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I've been card shopping, watch out
Old 10-23-2015, 05:42 PM   #5
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

I used to save cards that were momentos, but those friends are long gone, lovers are gone, etc. And I've just not been interested in keeping them anymore. They get out of sight out of mind and take up space. Once in a while I'll find something I missed that I haven't tossed out, I'll reread it , laugh or cry and then off to the trash they go. I don't get cards in the mail much, mostly given to me for my bday from a couple friends, or mom. I just don't see the point in keeping them anymore.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:58 PM   #6
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I saved special cards from my girlfriends, my daughters, my father, erotica written by my long-term ex (she was a great writer) that was tucked into cards that she hand-made (she was also a great artist), etc., etc.

I had files full of everything special to me.

When I prepped my house for sale, I threw all of it out.

I kept thinking about my girls and GF having to go through all of that stuff when I either needed a higher level of care as I aged or when I died and I realized that for me, I did not need to hold onto any of it anymore.

I wanted to be the one that got rid of it and I didn't want my daughters reading the erotica written about me either.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #7
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
The best card I ever got was from a lesbian who lived about 6 blocks from me and was a good friend! On the face of the card was a woman sitting in a lawn chair outside of a pink trailer, surrounded by pink flamingos lawn ornaments! The caption " I read that woman have sex in the neighborhood of 5 times a week" Inside "Do you suppose we're living in the wrong neighborhood?
I recreated the card once myself seeing I have NEVER been able to find it! I believe it's an American Greeting line!

IF ANYONE ever runs across this card would you PLEASE let me know where you saw it! It doesn't have to be exactly the same either! Just the wording is important mainly!
Old 10-27-2015, 04:09 PM   #8
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I have a card problem. I come by it honestly; I got it from my mom. She is the "card lady" in our family and I know when she's gone I will probably take the helm....

I save all important cards (ie from my kids, my parents, my siblings and some girlfriends) I also send cards and have one of those handy dandy accordian type card boxes that are separated into months AND holidays. There is even a tiny drawer for pens and stamps

I have all my old Christmas cards from previous BFP card exchanges and I will use some of the more suitable ones for making ornaments for the tree so I have them always.

In conclusion, yes...I am a big ol sap.

PS: Trader Joe's has a very good selection of creative and attractive cards for a mere .99. I peruse them EVERY time I go. There. I said it.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:30 AM   #9
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Bumping this.;;.....
Old 06-10-2017, 07:32 AM   #10
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
IF ANYONE ever runs across this card would you PLEASE let me know where you saw it! It doesn't have to be exactly the same either! Just the wording is important mainly!
Anyone ever stumble across it?
Old 06-10-2017, 07:37 AM   #11
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I have a card problem. I come by it honestly; I got it from my mom. She is the "card lady" in our family and I know when she's gone I will probably take the helm....

I save all important cards (ie from my kids, my parents, my siblings and some girlfriends) I also send cards and have one of those handy dandy accordian type card boxes that are separated into months AND holidays. There is even a tiny drawer for pens and stamps

I have all my old Christmas cards from previous BFP card exchanges and I will use some of the more suitable ones for making ornaments for the tree so I have them always.

In conclusion, yes...I am a big ol sap.

PS: Trader Joe's has a very good selection of creative and attractive cards for a mere .99. I peruse them EVERY time I go. There. I said it.
Indeed Trader Joe's has terrific cards and such a bargain
Old 06-10-2017, 06:06 PM   #12
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

E- mail and E-cards are fine but IMHO there is nothing like opening your mailbox and finding a little something in there to hold in your hand,brighten your day,and glance at and re-read from time to time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #13
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
E- mail and E-cards are fine but IMHO there is nothing like opening your mailbox and finding a little something in there to hold in your hand,brighten your day,and glance at and re-read from time to time
Agree, there is just something special about getting a card in the mail. I have recently been making it a point to send out cards randomly, just because I can, even if all I write in them is hello, I was thinking of you. It is a nice little special treat for people.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #14
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I think thats why I joined the postcard thread...while I am not a fan of greeting cards for birthdays, anniversaries, etc I LOVE getting cards for fun. We recently had a theme mailing about women...the postcards were a delight!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2017, 07:34 AM   #15
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

If you're a card hound like me and are anywhere near Olympia WA check out

Orca Bookstore at 509 4th Ave E. Make sure not to overlook the close out

selection of cards (in the wooden box) at 10 for $8 or a buck each!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #16
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Was flipping thru a folder I keep with greeting cards that have spoken to me over the years. Some are for holidays, some for bdays, some for life events, some for the heck of it.

I noticed that each card was unique, innovative, creative, unusual.....but each card also meant something very special to me. Regardless of the sender, the cards they chose to send all indicated that these folks knew who I was and what i was about.

There is something heartwarming to know people think enough about you to find the card that says....yep this is you.

One is a bday card....has 3 dudes on the front....a tall lanky guy with blondish hair, a short pudgy guy with dark hair, and a black dude with afro, facial hair and peace medallion around neck. Outside says,,,,happy bday from the Cleavers. Inside says....Wally, Beaver, and Eldredge.

One is a thinking of you card.....from has a toilet with a human leg sticking out the bowl. Inside says....finding oneself is not always an easy or well defined process.

Memories.

So am I the only sap who collects stuff like this?

...Nope I don't think so. I wouldn't say I collect cards but more along the lines of buying them with the hopes of finding either the perfect person or occasion to send them!

Spending countless hours in a card store is one of my guilty pleasures!
Old 03-22-2020, 07:59 AM   #17
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
Agree, there is just something special about getting a card in the mail. I have recently been making it a point to send out cards randomly, just because I can, even if all I write in them is hello, I was thinking of you. It is a nice little special treat for people.

I've been sending out more cards, with short notes, than usual during this time..
Old 03-22-2020, 08:04 AM   #18
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

To this day I've never seen this card again! I do still smile and laugh whenever I think about it........
Old 03-22-2020, 08:26 AM   #19
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I've been card shopping, watch out

Don' worry I picked them up in Trader Joe's where they always have a clear cellophane cover around them.........