Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-31-2012, 07:50 AM   #3541
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Time to jump back on the bandwagon! It has been long enough!

Here we go!
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #3542
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Good for you! We'll be cheering you on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_ms_sunshyne View Post
Time to jump back on the bandwagon! It has been long enough!

Here we go!
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #3543
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Good for you! We'll be cheering you on!!
Thank you! Seems like once you stop going to the gym for a while, it is so hard to take that first step inside that building! Chihuahuas!
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #3544
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I'm pretty happy with my food intake yesterday:

Breakfast: piece of bread with a smear of peanut butter

Lunch/snacks: Lara bar, peanut butter sandwich, non-fat fruit yogurt, banana

Dinner: piece of toast with cheddar cheese and sweet relish, some wheat thins

My partner and her kid are going to Trader Joe's today and I'm joining them so I can pick out some lunch choices for me. I don't think they have roast chicken there but that would be a good protein-high alternative for lunches instead of peanut butter which I'm sure you've noticed, I have quite a Jones for. I suppose I could bake a bunch of chicken breasts for the week, but it's never as tasty as the kind you buy already roasted.

I'm feeling all hopeful because I lost 4 pounds in like just over a week or whenever I first posted in this thread, and I only have 9 to 15 pounds to go (I want to end up at 135-140).

Every time I check this thread, someone has lost a couple pounds. It's very inspiring. Also it's great to have somewhere to report on my progress, which let's face it, is TMI in real life. So thanks for listening/reading.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #3545
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

where are your veggies?? I don't see any veggies!! You need veggies!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
I'm pretty happy with my food intake yesterday:

Breakfast: piece of bread with a smear of peanut butter

Lunch/snacks: Lara bar, peanut butter sandwich, non-fat fruit yogurt, banana

Dinner: piece of toast with cheddar cheese and sweet relish, some wheat thins

My partner and her kid are going to Trader Joe's today and I'm joining them so I can pick out some lunch choices for me. I don't think they have roast chicken there but that would be a good protein-high alternative for lunches instead of peanut butter which I'm sure you've noticed, I have quite a Jones for. I suppose I could bake a bunch of chicken breasts for the week, but it's never as tasty as the kind you buy already roasted.

I'm feeling all hopeful because I lost 4 pounds in like just over a week or whenever I first posted in this thread, and I only have 9 to 15 pounds to go (I want to end up at 135-140).

Every time I check this thread, someone has lost a couple pounds. It's very inspiring. Also it's great to have somewhere to report on my progress, which let's face it, is TMI in real life. So thanks for listening/reading.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #3546
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
where are your veggies?? I don't see any veggies!! You need veggies!!

You are so totally right about the appalling lack of veggies in my diet.

I love baby carrots, and will start packing a bag of them in the morning for lunch at work.

Also if I get canned pumpkin, I can stir it into yogurt.

I guess I could take a baggie of snap peas, too.

And I love canned peas. Why not pack one of those little cans, the kind with the pop-up lid, into my lunch?

Like I said earlier, the GF is going to Trader Joe's today and I'm tagging along (she invited me, which was a sweet gesture; she really doesn't like to share food shopping), to make sure my new food quirks are honored:

canned peas
baby carrots
canned pumpkin
snap peas
roast chicken

Thank you everyone!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #3547
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Scout,

If you're going to Trader Joe's here is some good packaged deli meat:

Get the "Columbus" brand roast beef, maple smoked turkey and pastrami. They also have roasted chicken breast.

Those are very low in points and VERY tasty. I was shocked at how low the points are for something so delicious for 2 oz. of each. You won't be disappointed

For the Maple Turkey Breast it's only 1 point for 2 oz!

I also get their Pita Bread which is very good and also low in carbs. Half of the pita bread is 2 points.

At local grocery stores, I like to get the Special K bars. Only 2 points each. Try the chocolate pretzel and the strawberry bars. Great snack and satisfying when you're craving something sweet.

Good luck!

Quote:

Last edited by Scorp; 03-31-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Need to add more info...
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 11:19 AM   #3548
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Hey Scout,

If you're going to Trader Joe's here is some good packaged deli meat:

Get the "Columbus" brand roast beef, maple smoked turkey and pastrami. They also have roasted chicken breast.

Those are very low in points and VERY tasty. I was shocked at how low the points are for something so delicious for 2 oz. of each. You won't be disappointed

For the Maple Turkey Breast it's only 1 point for 2 oz!

I also get their Pita Bread which is very good and also low in carbs. Half of the pita bread is 2 points.

At local grocery stores, I like to get the Special K bars. Only 2 points each. Try the chocolate pretzel and the strawberry bars. Great snack and satisfying when you're craving something sweet.

Good luck!
Hey Scorp, I just wrote down your suggestions and will take them with me to TJ's. (We are leaving soon; I just got back from the gym, had a good workout.) Thanks so much, this is helpful.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #3549
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

You are so totally right about the appalling lack of veggies in my diet.

I love baby carrots, and will start packing a bag of them in the morning for lunch at work.

Also if I get canned pumpkin, I can stir it into yogurt.

I guess I could take a baggie of snap peas, too.

And I love canned peas. Why not pack one of those little cans, the kind with the pop-up lid, into my lunch?

Like I said earlier, the GF is going to Trader Joe's today and I'm tagging along (she invited me, which was a sweet gesture; she really doesn't like to share food shopping), to make sure my new food quirks are honored:

canned peas
baby carrots
canned pumpkin
snap peas
roast chicken

Thank you everyone!!!
Broccoli, cauliflower and spinach are great veggies too.....
And again, Waldenfarms.com has fat free, calorie free and sugar free
salad dressing, dips, BBQ sauce and a whole bunch of schtuff to include both caramel and chocolate syrups!
Take a look at thier webpage if TJ's does not have what you want....

Jest saying......

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #3550
Lazy Daze

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,807 Times in 745 Posts
Lazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST Reputation

Stepping in and joining the thread

I have never been a "healthy" eater, which I always blamed on the lack of having Fresh fruit and veggies available in my price range (when I lived in Indiana).. But that can no longer be the excuse now that I am in Florida!

Since I moved here in December, I have lost 43 pounds, but would like to lose another 43 before I hit where I want to be So, today I am taking a step in the right direction by adding some "peer pressure" on me, so that I stay on track! It helps that I have a supportive partner, who is also working on losing some weight too, but it is always great to have a group of friends cheering you on!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #3551
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Daze View Post
Stepping in and joining the thread

I have never been a "healthy" eater, which I always blamed on the lack of having Fresh fruit and veggies available in my price range (when I lived in Indiana).. But that can no longer be the excuse now that I am in Florida!

Since I moved here in December, I have lost 43 pounds, but would like to lose another 43 before I hit where I want to be So, today I am taking a step in the right direction by adding some "peer pressure" on me, so that I stay on track! It helps that I have a supportive partner, who is also working on losing some weight too, but it is always great to have a group of friends cheering you on!
You can do it, Lazy Daze! If you already lost 43 pounds, you clearly know what you're doing. Slow and steady wins the race, they say. Build life habits around eating healthy and you won't roller coaster up and down with each new diet fad! But again, it sounds like you know all that—I'm really just reminding myself!

I'm getting lots of good tips for eating better, on this thread. I had a 15- to 20-pound loss goal, and I'm four pounds down now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #3552
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSchmooze View Post
Broccoli, cauliflower and spinach are great veggies too.....
salad dressing, dips, BBQ sauce and a whole bunch of schtuff to include both caramel and chocolate syrups!

Jest saying......

Hey Joe Schmooze, you are reminding me of something I love that I had forgotten about—veggie dipping!

I will check out Waldenfarms. I don't think they have them around here. Sounds like they have yummy dips and syrups. I would like the syrups on oatmeal.

Hey Scorp too, we just got back from Trader Joe's, and I got the Columbus smoked turkey cold cuts that I can make for lunch and also some cooked lemon chicken strips I can eat for dinner with brussel sprouts!

We're going out for dinner tonight and I'm bracing myself because I usually overeat in restaurants. But my partner is online right now and the kid wants pizza so I'm pushing for an Italian place that has a grilled chicken salad, which is often the case.

Everyone have a good dinner!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #3553
deedarino

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
In recovery.

Thanked 1,956 Times in 497 Posts
deedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSchmooze View Post

Jest saying......
I love WaldenFarm's stuff!

On another note, I am going to start making smoothies for breakfast. Any good recipes? I also want to find a sugar free/gluten free protein to add to it.
Squint your eyes and look closer. I'm not between you and your ambitions. I am a poster girl with no poster. I am thirty-two flavors and then some. And I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might want to turn your head~Ani

I want to think again
of dangerous and noble things;
I want to be light and frolicsome;
I want to be improbable, beautiful
and afraid of nothing as if I had wings

Mary Oliver
deedarino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deedarino For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 05:56 AM   #3554
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation
Default stolen from facebook

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #3555
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning healthies

I'm starting the day off with black coffee and fresh pineapple...one of the joys of living in south Florida where fresh delicious pineapple is at the farmers market almost all the time and not at all expensive. Rooster and I both love it, especially for breakfast.

The scale is holding steady but I know I am building muscle and shrinking in inches, so I'm not worried about it. These things take time, and positive changes are happening even in a stressful time that would normally have me running for the Coke and Snickers.

I'm so glad to see so many people in here....and hello and welcome to anyone I may have missed. It helps so much to hear about people successes (and challenges) and to share tips and ideas. Just love it.

Hugs to you all!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #3556
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,774 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

The scale is messing with me.

Day one: 169 and change
Day two: 170 and change
Day three: 169 and change
Day four: 170 and change
Day five: 169 and change

I'm about to hop on it again. If it says 170 and change, I'm going to give it Juney's evil eye.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #3557
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

I'm about to hop on it again. If it says 170 and change, I'm going to give it Juney's evil eye.
Throw it out the window! Jerk of a scale...

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #3558
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,774 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
Throw it out the window! Jerk of a scale...
hahahahaha

It must have been listening to me grumble.

169 plus change

Woot!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #3559
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

Day to day changes aren't indicators as much as long-term change.
Comparing day 1 to day 2 might say a lot about where you are in your cycle, retaining fluid, and foods that cause bloating—temporary changes—but comparing day 1 to day 10 could say something about permanent change.

I gain as much as four pounds before my period. I can start out with comfortable clothes in the morning and while eating sensibly, experience bloating that makes my waistband pinch by the end of any given day, and I can have a difference of two pounds from day to day.

It makes me feel crazy, like I'm not in control. But if I compare numbers over the longer periods of time, I feel reassured that my efforts are making slow, healthy, long-term change happen.

That's also how I get myself to stop beating myself up, if I binge on any given day. I tell myself, It was a bad day, but it was a day out of ten good days. That often (but not always), makes me feel better.

I think it sounds like you're in a good place. What's your goal? Are you fairly close to it?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #3560
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Good morning healthies

I'm starting the day off with black coffee and fresh pineapple...one of the joys of living in south Florida where fresh delicious pineapple is at the farmers market almost all the time and not at all expensive. Rooster and I both love it, especially for breakfast.
Hey JustJo. Pineapple! I love those damn things. I think they are probably showing up in the supermarkets in NYC now; I'll keep an eye out. I love how sweet they are, and it's a lot of fiber.

For breakfast this morning, I had a banana, a handful of unsalted almonds, and a piece of whole wheat toast with a sandwich slice of sharp cheddar cheese on it. Now I'm drinking coffee.

Last night I was really proud of myself.

After not being able to find an Italian restaurant that had good salads, we went to a Persian restaurant and I had a grilled veggie kabob and basmati rice. I ate about 3/4ths of a cup of rice, and didn't touch the bread on the table or have dessert.

And I was very, very full. I've noticed that the less I overeat, the more full I feel when I eat sensibly.

Have a great day! (PS, it must be great to live in Florida, fruit-wise!)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post: