Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Back in the saddle .......

....... yuppers, I'm starting back to work today. I changed grades (First to Fourth - I'm exchanging wiping tears and noses to guiding kids through pre-teen angst), changed buildings (massive overhaul at my school of 3500 students that ended up with only ONE teacher not changing their physical space), have been asked twice if I know anyhow who wants a teaching position (three folks have decided to NOT return but didn't give notice until they received their bonus on August 10th), and facing meeting a lot of 'new' teachers ('new' to the profession and/or 'new' to Asia). Not the most typical start to a school but a year that I believe will be good for me.

I'm a different 'me' than I was last year at this time.

I'm grateful for the journey I'm having.

Hope all of us at BFP have a great year!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2014, 04:43 AM   #482
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well, its that time of year ..... the HOLIDAYS are approaching! I am up to my neck in the regular school activities of guiding 54-4th graders through their paces; beginning to prepare the students for exams in late January; leading a girls club choir that will perform locally at two venues; gifting my time and supplies for several Choco-Mania parties (I have a million molds and I buy the chocolate, etc.); baking treats to share with Western co-workers in an oven about the size of a six quart bucket; and, generally trying to spread cheer wherever I can.

I love it!

I'm also looking forward to a few days of R&R in Hong Kong and several breaks!

Happy Holidays!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2015, 02:08 AM   #483
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Member Photo Albums

This has been the best holiday season I've had in years. My life is truly blessed! Just having a final cappuccino after a mani/pedi to end my vacation time. Not totally prepared to teach tomorrow but I do have a plan in place! Looking forward to reconnecting with my two groups of 25+ students and I'm sure they're looking forward to seeing me! The Chinese government enforced a three day break so my students are actually in school today ! To all of us who are educators, may you enjoy the little joys of teaching no matter what age they are!!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2015, 05:10 AM   #484
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Member Photo Albums

Ahhhh......today was the last day with students until March! Oh how I enjoy having a break from them for awhile! Next week is four days of prepping for next semester and cleaning up the classroom. It will be so nice to go in and leisurely work through piles of sorting and filing, creating and displaying, chatting with co-workers and being able to finish a complete sentence (never mind a complete thought) without the interruption of a 4th grader. Then a few days rest at home and I'll be off to reconnect with my Thai 'family'. I see plenty of sunshine and Tom Yum in my future! lolol For now, I'll go back to sipping . Only 12 more sleeps until I leave!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2016, 03:39 AM   #485
bkisbutchenuff
PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Catching up....

4 semesters - 26 days! Looking forward to the next stage of my life

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 11:07 AM   #486
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default The Final Countdown

Year 29 is done! One more and it's retirement time!
😬

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #487
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

C2017-2018
Theme: The Final Countdown

https://youtu.be/nG1OMSTKsHc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2017, 05:32 AM   #488
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums
Default ZOOOOM!

The year is flying by...I love what I do but I am SO ready to do me - take time to decompress, relax, and enjoy life ...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2019, 09:47 PM   #489
Plaidandroses

How Do You Identify?:
Kinda sparkly kinda sporty...I like a little shimmer gloss with my undercut :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her/hers

Plaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST Reputation

I wish there was a gay educators group in my area. I have looked for one but I can't find anything. Probably because we are all too tired to start one!
Plaidandroses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plaidandroses For This Useful Post:

Tags
careers, educators, gltb, network