Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Poly Relationships

Old 04-18-2020, 04:36 PM   #1
PoeticWitch

How Do You Identify?:
Queer... that is all you get
Preferred Pronoun?:
um... she.. I think... *shrug* call me anything that pleases ya
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,131 Times in 377 Posts
PoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Platonic Poly

Some background
I am in a platonic relationship and it is poly. I hate going to dating sites as I get inundated with creepy guys wanting threesomes or people thinking I am looking to leave my current relationship, which I am not. I am a 45 year old bald(for medical reasons) BBW on the femme side but really I am rather fluid with my two sides. I am so not comfortable in social situations.. can I just say dating is a bitch for hetero women so adding in a fat bald middle age queer femme. I end up feeling like I am trying to compete in an Iron Man Triathlon! So this is an attempt to reach out. to see if anyone is like me in this way and or suggestions.
Old 11-08-2020, 06:37 PM   #2
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Hi PW,

We may be in a similar kind of relationship. I live in the same house with my ex (2 apartments) and we think of each other as family. I think of myself as sexually monogamous and single but since our relationships seem similar I just thought I'd reach out. Also, I'm 56 and looking (turning 57 tomorrow!) which is not easy either.
HoldMeSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #3
Trinket_the_mouse2020

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

Trinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST Reputation

OMG!!! This is real?! I'm not trying to be rude I promise. I just I need information...sort of... (I also don't have enough posts to make my own thread yet)

so here's the tea:
I met this amazing woman...and we started dating things are good. She has sworn to me that she is monogamous to me as I am her. Yet her bestie is Poly. Which is cool. My GF told me that she has a symbiotic relationship with bestie. Which I'm cool with. I found out that her bestie lives at her house 4 days a week. Ok. So one morning I woke early and I was talking to my GF's bestie. And she said 'you know I come along with her right?' I said yes...I don't want to ruin their friendship that is the last thing I want. Then she explained that a poly relationship is really four relationships me and my girl her and my girl and then me and her(bestie) and then ALL OF US and that we are a triad. Ok. I'm cool with this. Although I look up Polyamory as I don't know much about it. And I see the definition for Triad. Which in that def. it was one person dating two people separately. I don't how to make this work...I don't know where I fit. So I asked my GF a couple of times when we were alone. She said you are my girlfriend and the only one she is dating. Ok. After I asked my GF the second time wording between them changed to 'best friend'. Then my GF has nights she spends specifically with her bestie which is cool. I get it. Night with a friend. Yet my GF is also always texting her bestie...I mean they have a home life together... I'm just a little unsure yet I do believe my girlfriend truly. I'm just new to all of this

So I guess all in all I was wonder if If Platonic Poly really existed. And I guess get some more understanding ?
Trinket_the_mouse2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #4
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thanked 21,352 Times in 6,710 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinket_the_mouse2020 View Post
OMG!!! This is real?! I'm not trying to be rude I promise. I just I need information...sort of... (I also don't have enough posts to make my own thread yet)

so here's the tea:
I met this amazing woman...and we started dating things are good. She has sworn to me that she is monogamous to me as I am her. Yet her bestie is Poly. Which is cool. My GF told me that she has a symbiotic relationship with bestie. Which I'm cool with. I found out that her bestie lives at her house 4 days a week. Ok. So one morning I woke early and I was talking to my GF's bestie. And she said 'you know I come along with her right?' I said yes...I don't want to ruin their friendship that is the last thing I want. Then she explained that a poly relationship is really four relationships me and my girl her and my girl and then me and her(bestie) and then ALL OF US and that we are a triad. Ok. I'm cool with this. Although I look up Polyamory as I don't know much about it. And I see the definition for Triad. Which in that def. it was one person dating two people separately. I don't how to make this work...I don't know where I fit. So I asked my GF a couple of times when we were alone. She said you are my girlfriend and the only one she is dating. Ok. After I asked my GF the second time wording between them changed to 'best friend'. Then my GF has nights she spends specifically with her bestie which is cool. I get it. Night with a friend. Yet my GF is also always texting her bestie...I mean they have a home life together... I'm just a little unsure yet I do believe my girlfriend truly. I'm just new to all of this

So I guess all in all I was wonder if If Platonic Poly really existed. And I guess get some more understanding ?

tbh, this sounds very complicated..i was poly a long while ago and it's just my inner witchy sense but personally, i don't think i would be satisfied with her answers..the present arrangement would appeal to me ONLY if it is a very casual relationship and not exclusive...it's too one sided (for my tastes) ..like her, enjoy the ride, but don't fall for her..have a great holiday!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2020, 03:29 PM   #5
Trinket_the_mouse2020

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

Trinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST ReputationTrinket_the_mouse2020 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post

tbh, this sounds very complicated..i was poly a long while ago and it's just my inner witchy sense but personally, i don't think i would be satisfied with her answers..the present arrangement would appeal to me ONLY if it is a very casual relationship and not exclusive...it's too one sided (for my tastes) ..like her, enjoy the ride, but don't fall for her..have a great holiday!

Thank you I'm trying truly. There are other dimensions to it I'm also not sure of but...it will all unfold in time I suppose. Thing is I'm sure my girlfriend is honest but I'm taking it all with a grain of salt if you know what I mean.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trinket_the_mouse2020 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2020, 04:09 PM   #6
Trinket_the_mouse2020

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

I am back....So what would a platonic poly relationship look like?