Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 10-20-2020, 08:08 PM   #521
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Theo.....I am from SC.....Walhalla (up near Clemson University) & I know what you mean about crooked politicians from there. Ole Sperm Thurmond (as he was called) did indeed father many illegitimate children, at least one biracial known. He had the sweetest wife, much much younger than him, & I always felt so badly for her.

Weasel Lindsay Graham is from Central....close to my hometown. I have never cared for him. He makes my skin crawl. Jaime Harrison is whipping Graham's political ass. I hope he wins, Harrison that is. Graham is a switch hitter...meaning he votes whatever way benefits him and a huge ass kisser! HE! NEEDS! TO! GO! along with Rumpuswrinkledskin & Moscow Mitch & Ted Cruz & all the old dinosaurs. I WANT the Squad in there...fresh, new young & women!!

I, too, will be watching the Debaucle Thursday night AND the election! I hope Biden staays cool & persevere as he did previously.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:46 AM   #522
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry there is a much longer clip but I couldn't find it.......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2020, 04:42 PM   #523
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,129 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say I am crushing on Barack Obama ~ He is truly a class act Barack dotted the "I"'s and crossed the "T"'s ~ and you know Dumpy Trump can't do that ! all I can say is speak brother speak ! A great tribute to Biden and Harris ~
Old 10-21-2020, 07:40 PM   #524
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
I have to say I am crushing on Barack Obama ~ He is truly a class act Barack dotted the "I"'s and crossed the "T"'s ~ and you know Dumpy Trump can't do that ! all I can say is speak brother speak ! A great tribute to Biden and Harris ~

Honk, Honk!!!

Just read the CNN coverage. Now to find a video of his speech.

I agree, Ocean.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/21/polit...ump/index.html

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 10-21-2020 at 07:57 PM. Reason: typo
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2020, 05:49 AM   #525
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Stay focused, Joe. Ignore that blabbering noise "over there".
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 08:50 AM   #526
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 10:44 AM   #527
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

In light of tell-tale troubling behaviors, like daily inundating social media news feeds, I find myself wondering if social media websites will develop policy concerning people who inundate news feeds on a daily, nightly basis.

Take for example, T---p: every day he inundates the Twitter website.

I feel certain that there are lots of people who are sick of seeing news feeds imploded daily.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 10-23-2020 at 10:47 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 04:53 PM   #528
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

MY, MY!

" The New Yorker has suspended reporter Jeffrey Toobin for masturbating on a Zoom video chat between members of the New Yorker and WNYC radio last week. Toobin says he did not realize his video was on."

Oh Jeffrey, you bad boy. I think your " goose" is cooked.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 07:23 PM   #529
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ballots

I'm so upset. I received my voter's pamphlet but never received my ballot. Fortunately I happened to noticed a pamphlet at my oldest son's house and asked him in light of the pandemic when he thought we'd be getting our ballots. He told me they'd already received theirs, both of my sons and their wives. If that was the case then mine should have been here by now, was in fact long over due. Turns out even though I'd updated my address, which is why I got the voter's pamphlet, my ballot was returned because they sent it to my old address where it was promptly returned as undeliverable . Yep my fault because I failed to update my address. Okay so why didn't you send my voter's pamphlet to the wrong address then, because I didn't give you the new address as evidenced by the fact that you have it?

I'm so glad I caught this mistake. I don't know who is responsible for mailing out the ballots, addresses these things, but the post office can only send mail to the address they're given and if you gave them the wrong one then how can you possibly be blaming me or the post office. Fortunately I discovered it while I still have time to vote but if this could happen to me, how many other people has this or similar happened to? Oh and then what did I get in the mail this week? Someone else's voter registration card. I can see how, though not right, it would be understandable if someone who'd lived here prior had moved and failed to update their address but I'm the only person who has ever lived at this address. These apartments were still being built when I moved in.

Then of course there's the matter of if this crud could happen to me who else has it happened to. I don't have any reason to believe anyone intentionally meant to do this, it was obviously just some sort oversight seeing how quick to respond and correct it they were but if something like this can so easily happen when people are trying to get it right and have just made an honest mistake what about people with true evil intent, malice in their heart? I mean right now someone could be sitting there filling out my ballot. I suppose the signature wouldn't match. I wonder how they check a thing like that or if they even bother to compare signatures at all. People have already been busted for tampering with ballots. What a mess. I'm going to be so glad when this election is over.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 07:41 PM   #530
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Over 30 million people have voted so far! That's 21.7% of the total who voted in 2016 (about 138 million). This year, it is expected that 150 million or more might vote, so it's probably about 20% in the bank.

Democrats are doing a great job of getting out and voting early. Obviously, the most committed people will vote first and we have a long way to go, but we have a lot of votes in the bank and a lot more than Republicans.

I think the Republicans are making a big mistake by bashing mail-in voting and they don't seem to be encouraging early in-person voting either. There is nothing wrong with voting in person on election day, but getting votes in early helps to avoid unexpected events - bad weather, virus outbreaks, your car not starting, etc. On the campaign level, it also allows the Biden campaign to see where votes have been cast and where they are outstanding. The Republicans have a lot less early votes in so they are more in the dark.

Here is the cool early vote tracker I am keeping an eye on:

https://electproject.github.io/Early...20G/index.html
I like that vote tracker link: I checked tonight and so far, Oregon is still blue (democrat). Hopefully this remains the trend until all votes are counted. Now to look at other states and see how it's stacking up. Hopefully, The Democrats sweep both the house and senate. *fingers crossed*

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 08:17 PM   #531
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I like that vote tracker link: I checked tonight and so far, Oregon is still blue (democrat). Hopefully this remains the trend until all votes are counted. Now to look at other states and see how it's stacking up. Hopefully, The Democrats sweep both the house and senate. *fingers crossed*
I'm glad you like the tracker. I'm kind of addicted. It's so exciting that over 53 million have voted so far!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 11:16 AM   #532
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,588 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
In light of tell-tale troubling behaviors, like daily inundating social media news feeds, I find myself wondering if social media websites will develop policy concerning people who inundate news feeds on a daily, nightly basis.

Take for example, T---p: every day he inundates the Twitter website.

I feel certain that there are lots of people who are sick of seeing news feeds imploded daily.

Twitter has rolled out some stuff. The other day i retweeted a press release for my own organization and twitter asked me if i was sure i didn't want to read the article before sharing. The dialog said they were trying to improve the quality of information being spread. They are also annotating the trending topics with "context" and not allowing trends for which no useful context can be provided.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:36 PM   #533
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Trump Tells Supporters He’s Iffy on a Peaceful Transfer of Power if He Loses the Election...

President Donald Trump flirted with the possibility of an authoritarian power grab yet again Saturday, suggesting to supporters at a campaign rally that he may not commit to a peaceful transfer of power should he lose the presidential election.

Trump has deflected the question before when asked by reporters, saying, “We’ll see what happens.” But he has not made the case for defying a transfer of power directly to supporters before. Vice President Mike Pence has joined the president in refusing to answer the question, dodging it at the vice presidential debate last week.

Former Vice President Joe Biden, who assisted with the transition to Trump from the Obama administration, reacted with apparent exasperation last month when Trump first refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses: “What country are we in? Look, he says the most irrational things. I don’t know what to say.”

Sidebar: This is only my opinion but I think Trumps just likes to toss this out in order to work up folks into a frenzy!
You can tell it works too especially with Rachael Maddow!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #534
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Lindsey Graham Calls For Probe Of Rival Jaime Harrison's Ability To Out-Fundraise Him...

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) indicated that mysterious dark forces — rather than his own increasing unpopularity — are responsible for surging campaign contributions to his Democratic rival, Jaime Harrison. He called for a legislative review of the kind of small-dollar donations that are boosting Harrison.

“Where’s all this money coming from?” Graham asked in an interview Wednesday with The Hill. “Some of these shadowy figures out there running ads, is there any foreign influence afoot?”

Graham conceded last month that, in fact, he’s getting “killed” by Harrison’s fundraising because his foes “hate my guts.” He pleaded for contributions on Fox News.

Harrison raised a record $57 million, mostly in small, individual contributions, in the third quarter of the year, while Graham raised $28 million. Recent polls give Harrison a slight lead over the three-term incumbent.

“I don’t know what’s going on out there, but I can tell you there’s a lot of money being raised in this campaign,” the senator told The Hill.

Graham called for an investigation into the process. “When this election is over with, I hope there will be a sitting down and finding out, ‘OK, how do we control this?’” Graham said. “It just seems to be an endless spiral.”

Graham singled out ActBlue, a nonprofit technology company that provides online fundraising software to help Democratic candidates collect small donations. He complained that the operation doesn’t report individual donors who contribute less than $200 because it’s not required by campaign finance regulations.

An ActBlue representative told The Hill that the organization reports even its smallest donations to the Federal Election Commission, yet the names and addresses of donors giving less than $200 had not been reported. Its October filing will provide the names, hometowns and employers of donors who contributed more than $1, according to ActBlue.

Hopefully Lindsey will soon join the thousands of others unemployed and knows how it feels to worry about the future!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 08:09 PM   #535
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Promising signs that young voters (18 to 29) are voting in higher numbers this year, especially in key states like Texas, Florida, and North Carolina.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...-voting-490710

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2020, 07:40 AM   #536
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,624 Times in 2,490 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

I've changed my mind. After what the Republicans have done I think expanding the Supreme Court is a completely sane and appropriate course of action. Of course we need to have control of the Senate to do it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #537
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I've changed my mind. After what the Republicans have done I think expanding the Supreme Court is a completely sane and appropriate course of action. Of course we need to have control of the Senate to do it.
Me, too. Two weeks ago I was saying it set a bad precedent and meant the court would eventually balloon to the size of the Senate with each new power shift yielding more and more justices, but what the Republicans have done is shady as hell and basically amounts to the same thing. They are the ones that went there, first.

Democrats will be blamed for setting the precedent because we (hopefully) will TECHNICALLY, officially be the first to add justices for partisan reasons but only bc the Republicans literally, brazenly, stole two seats.

They made the decision, and if we expand the court and that triggers ever-increasing and more frequent expansions in subsequent administrations, that will be for those administrations to worry about. Right now we have no choice, expanding the court has to be done to literally save lives.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:40 AM   #538
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) indicated that mysterious dark forces — rather than his own increasing unpopularity — are responsible for surging campaign contributions to his Democratic rival, Jaime Harrison. He called for a legislative review of the kind of small-dollar donations that are boosting Harrison.

“Where’s all this money coming from?” Graham asked in an interview Wednesday with The Hill. “Some of these shadowy figures out there running ads, is there any foreign influence afoot?”

Graham conceded last month that, in fact, he’s getting “killed” by Harrison’s fundraising because his foes “hate my guts.” He pleaded for contributions on Fox News.

Harrison raised a record $57 million, mostly in small, individual contributions, in the third quarter of the year, while Graham raised $28 million. Recent polls give Harrison a slight lead over the three-term incumbent.

“I don’t know what’s going on out there, but I can tell you there’s a lot of money being raised in this campaign,” the senator told The Hill.

Graham called for an investigation into the process. “When this election is over with, I hope there will be a sitting down and finding out, ‘OK, how do we control this?’” Graham said. “It just seems to be an endless spiral.”

Graham singled out ActBlue, a nonprofit technology company that provides online fundraising software to help Democratic candidates collect small donations. He complained that the operation doesn’t report individual donors who contribute less than $200 because it’s not required by campaign finance regulations.

An ActBlue representative told The Hill that the organization reports even its smallest donations to the Federal Election Commission, yet the names and addresses of donors giving less than $200 had not been reported. Its October filing will provide the names, hometowns and employers of donors who contributed more than $1, according to ActBlue.

Hopefully Lindsey will soon join the thousands of others unemployed and knows how it feels to worry about the future!
Lindsay is correct! I have recurring ActBlue donations going to Mark Kelly, Jaime Harrison, MJ Hegar, Amy McGrath, the entire squad, and Sara Gideon. Because the whole GOP is fired!
Old 10-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #539
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Talking

When The People's Party (Democrats) take back the WH, how long will it take a hazmat team to make sure the WH is Covid-19 free?

Will members of Team Lie Like Hell have their access to security clearance revoked?

I keep wondering how long it will take for the cancerous party of the GOP to crumble and never be tolerated in American politics.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2020, 04:49 PM   #540
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

The Deplorables

Just once I'd like to see a CNN reporter, interviewing a Trump supporter, say: "That's a really stupid, ignorant answer" and walk away.

Hillary was very right about "The Deplorables." and I'm sorry she got tossed to the wolves for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post: