Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-25-2020, 10:46 AM   #5041
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

It is very brisk outside, lots of freezing air abounds, so I spent Sunday morning cleaning my car: The windows need to be clean and free from debris, so I can see without weird circular post-cleaning marks are absent from the glass windows. Took me about an hour to do, inside and out. Lots of bending and stretching and getting into areas that are hard positions for me to bear.

I also went for a walk. I only logged about 5K steps on my neighborhood walk, but with cleaning the car windows, cleaning wood floors in my house and vacuuming carpets, I feel like I got a fair amount of exercise in this morning.

There's still the rest of today, but I need to rest and so that is how I will spend my day today (resting up for the work week).

Happy Sunday to all,
~K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2020, 07:40 PM   #5042
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
It is very brisk outside, lots of freezing air abounds, so I spent Sunday morning cleaning my car: The windows need to be clean and free from debris, so I can see without weird circular post-cleaning marks are absent from the glass windows. Took me about an hour to do, inside and out. Lots of bending and stretching and getting into areas that are hard positions for me to bear.

I also went for a walk. I only logged about 5K steps on my neighborhood walk, but with cleaning the car windows, cleaning wood floors in my house and vacuuming carpets, I feel like I got a fair amount of exercise in this morning.

There's still the rest of today, but I need to rest and so that is how I will spend my day today (resting up for the work week).

Happy Sunday to all,
~K.
If you use newspaper and either Windex or vinegar, you won't have lint or streaks when cleaning your windshield. Also, if you wipe your blades with alcohol, it cleans the muck off of them so they don't streak the outside.

As for myself, my walk was about a mile and a half today and my step total thus far is just under 6500. It started to rain otherwise I'd have walked longer. Also, an orange tabby was waiting at my doorstep but ran away when I walked up. Hope he finds his way home.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2020, 08:30 PM   #5043
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
If you use newspaper and either Windex or vinegar, you won't have lint or streaks when cleaning your windshield. Also, if you wipe your blades with alcohol, it cleans the muck off of them so they don't streak the outside.

As for myself, my walk was about a mile and a half today and my step total thus far is just under 6500. It started to rain otherwise I'd have walked longer. Also, an orange tabby was waiting at my doorstep but ran away when I walked up. Hope he finds his way home.
I tried your tip for cleaning windshield wiper blades and it worked like a charm. Thanks Gemme!

I pulled a muscle in my thigh, right thigh, right above my knee but on the inside. I don't know how I did it, but I got out my stretch exercise papers from PT days, a couple years ago, and I hope that muscle recovers soon. It's still a tender area on my leg.

I have yet to get my bicycle tire fixed, but that is because the bicycle shop I go to is still not open to the public. As long as they can somehow be open by spring of next year, I will make sure to get my bicycle tire fixed.

Last weekend I found a great place to go for short walks and because I am taking a few days off before this weekend, I plan to go scout out a few more walking paths. It's down at the coast, so I can hardly wait to go explore.

--K.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2020, 09:17 PM   #5044
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I tried your tip for cleaning windshield wiper blades and it worked like a charm. Thanks Gemme!

I pulled a muscle in my thigh, right thigh, right above my knee but on the inside. I don't know how I did it, but I got out my stretch exercise papers from PT days, a couple years ago, and I hope that muscle recovers soon. It's still a tender area on my leg.

I have yet to get my bicycle tire fixed, but that is because the bicycle shop I go to is still not open to the public. As long as they can somehow be open by spring of next year, I will make sure to get my bicycle tire fixed.

Last weekend I found a great place to go for short walks and because I am taking a few days off before this weekend, I plan to go scout out a few more walking paths. It's down at the coast, so I can hardly wait to go explore.

--K.
Glad my tip worked! Sorry to hear about your pulled muscle. I knew I was getting old when I reached my arm back and pulled a muscle. I wasn't lifting anything or in an odd position; just reaching back onto the sofa and BAM. Eating more bananas has helped. Muscles love potassium!

Tonight, I walked outside and in a store and at work so my total is somewhere above 8200 now. I'm winding down so I may only get another 200 in before bed.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2020, 09:49 PM   #5045
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Finally got out for a beach walk this afternoon, 11,000 steps, sunny with a light breeze it was great!

I haven’t been out there in a week due to my landscaping nearing completion and at the stage where I sort of had to direct traffic and do that more of this, less of that, a bit to the right… It’s finally all coming together though.

Tides are sketchy this time of year and of course the days are ending earlier but I still hope to get back into my own routines soon.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 09:59 AM   #5046
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 33,964 Times in 8,543 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

This week on exercise bike:

– 31.8 miles
– 2.43 hours
– 760 Arm rolls

Even though my miles and time numbers aren't higher, it was a good week ... but not so good today. Just had lots of unexpected interruptions. Met my time and distance goals for today, but it wasn't as good as most days. That's cool—I'm gonna have days like this.

I expolored some food and exercise apps thinking they may help me (thanks, Gemme!), but I prefer using spreadsheets. I found some exercise and weight spreadsheet templates on the internet and in some programs I own. Had to pay 5 bucks for one template but it was worth it because the layout is exactly what works for me.

The only way I can do this, enjoy it, and keep doing it is to log my progress. So glad there are tools out there to help with that.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 06:42 PM   #5047
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

You do you, girl!

Yesterday was tough to get steps in. It snowed all blessed day and my boots were too big so when I started my evening walk, it was distracting and didn't feel right on my feet. I still went a mile and my final step count was 6723. Very good for a day off, most of which was spent in the apartment looking out my window.

Today was a busy work day but I wasn't alone so the work was divided. If I was by myself, I would bet good money that I'd be around 12-13,000 steps. As it is, I'm at 7146 now and will take a walk before bed. I might go a mile. I'm not sure. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if I didn't.

I feel really good about where I am now. Since the beginning of September, I've lost about 15lbs from dropping my sugar intake and trying to maintain at least 5000 steps a day. I'm going to add in a bit more official exercise in November. I don't see the drop physically but a couple of my pants are looser so that's good. Now that it's winter, I gotta make room for my fleece-lined leggings!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 05:35 AM   #5048
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday's exercise was mostly around pulling up the garden, getting all of the plants hauled to compost, turning the soil and then raking leaves. I don't know steps or calories but I got a lot done and it was a full body workout for at least 4 hours.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2020, 04:46 PM   #5049
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Yesterday wound up being a stellar day for steps after all! I finally came in at 13,831. So far today, I'm at 6927. Not sure if I'll walk tonight but if not, I'm good since I'll likely come in around 7500 then.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-02-2020, 09:35 AM   #5050
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Yesterday wound up being a stellar day for steps after all! I finally came in at 13,831. So far today, I'm at 6927. Not sure if I'll walk tonight but if not, I'm good since I'll likely come in around 7500 then.
Well, the wind and rain calmed down and I did wind up going for a walk last night. Last tally was 11,085 steps. Not too shabby. Woke up a pound less too. Looks like Christmas is coming early for me!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:58 PM   #5051
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Well, the wind and rain calmed down and I did wind up going for a walk last night. Last tally was 11,085 steps. Not too shabby. Woke up a pound less too. Looks like Christmas is coming early for me!
Yay for you! Not shabby at all I love unexpected gifts.

I rode 5.4 miles in 23 minutes in Dubai. Did 110 arm rolls.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:34 PM   #5052
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I took an early walk because I want to get to the polls first thing tomorrow. I'm at 9277 now and will probably get between 9500-9750 steps by night's end.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:07 PM   #5053
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Today was a big day for steps. I got up early, had a good breakfast, voted, loaded the car with donations for Savers, ran a bunch of errands, had a big late lunch, took a short walk, did some chores at home, socialized with my employee, had dinner, looked at the polls, took a long walk, did some more household chores, checked the polls again, took a short walk and now I am sitting here, staring at my screen in a state of high anxiety. Elections are bad for my blood pressure, y'all.

Total steps for November 3rd, 2020 = 21,753.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2020, 05:45 AM   #5054
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Today was a big day for steps. I got up early, had a good breakfast, voted, loaded the car with donations for Savers, ran a bunch of errands, had a big late lunch, took a short walk, did some chores at home, socialized with my employee, had dinner, looked at the polls, took a long walk, did some more household chores, checked the polls again, took a short walk and now I am sitting here, staring at my screen in a state of high anxiety. Elections are bad for my blood pressure, y'all.

Total steps for November 3rd, 2020 = 21,753.
It will be over soon—not soon enough, but with all things being relative, it will be over soon.

You were a sole-steppin’ sister yesterday. Way to go! Bet that helped your blood pressure. Congrat’s on a good exercise day.

Right now I’m only exercising my tongue by loudly cursing the talking heads I’m listening to on CNN and MSNBC radio broadcast.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:05 AM   #5055
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
It will be over soon—not soon enough, but with all things being relative, it will be over soon.

You were a sole-steppin’ sister yesterday. Way to go! Bet that helped your blood pressure. Congrat’s on a good exercise day.

Right now I’m only exercising my tongue by loudly cursing the talking heads I’m listening to on CNN and MSNBC radio broadcast.
I've got my fingers and just about everything else crossed too.

I was! Actually, my walk didn't help with my blood pressure as it was a thinking walk, where I go over stuff and worry and whatnot. But steps are steps and they all count.

Currently, I'm at a nearly standstill tally of 500 steps so far today. Going to bed late didn't help. I'll soon be elbows deep in my craft room, moving furniture and bits and pieces here and there so I'll get intentional movement in if not actual steps. I need to get the layout 100% set before I can bring more of my stuff back into the room (it's currently in storage).

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #5056
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

This week on exercise bike:

– 34.1 miles
– 2.6 hours
– 660 Arm rolls

Was an okay week for exercising. Had a few slow days and I didn't ace the arm rolls since I developed sore shoulder. But that's still good. My goal is to get on the bike for 20 minutes and ride, even if it's just at 5-7 mph, and anything else is icing on the cake.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:48 PM   #5057
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

My walk tonight will likely be a casual stroll as my stress level has dropped 60%. Blue has always been a good color for me.

So far today, it's been errands and housework so I'm only at 6615 steps now. Last night was 11,601 steps.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:55 AM   #5058
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

I'm just getting started with my day and wanted to check in.

I've got some torn muscle tissue around my knee and a jacked up muscle the back side of my right leg. I hope to see a specialist soon, but I keep my exercise limited to walking and body stretches.

Yesterday I only got up to about 3K steps.

Today I might get up to about 6K-7K steps because I have laundry to do and other household chores, and also go grocery shopping for the week.

At a recent visit with my primary care physician, I learned that I have been yo-yoing, weight wise. Some weight gain, but I hope to shed some weight by spring. Hopefully.

My a1c is staying inside the best range possible, so there's that.

I also got several booster shots and the flu shot while at my clinic, too. My arm is finally not sore anymore, thankfully.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2020, 08:49 AM   #5059
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Hope you can get your knee and leg looked at soon, Katz!

Last night, I wound up taking a longer walk than I expected. I started my walk at 5620 steps and ended in the 13,500 range! That's just a hair under 3 miles for my nightly stroll and a hair under 5 miles for the day. My final count for the day was at 13,803 steps.

So far today has been very low key. I haven't been up long and have only taken care of my immediate needs and the needs of my fur babies so I'm around 250 steps so far.

I do a daily weigh in to track my weight weekly and to see the fluctuations that naturally occur in between. I like to know how what I put into my body affects it the next day/s. I had a spike a few days ago that I can attribute to eating too close to bed time and then not getting a solid 8 hours of sleep.

Since then, I've been on a slow and steady trajectory downward, which I love. This morning's calculation puts me at a solid 18lb deficit from when I started watching my sugar intake and started being more consistent with my output in energy (aka walked more).

I'd like to get back into the gym to propel my results even faster but I have to admit I'm a bit leery. My gym is small and I'm not sure how they've got things set up. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and just go and check it out. There's no point paying for something and not using it. Also, there's a curfew in effect for the next two weeks due to recent upticks in COVID positive testing so no one is supposed to be out and about between 10pm-5am and that's when I am most likely to go. I'll figure it out.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:46 AM   #5060
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good ride this morning but am still playing catch up with my arm rolls.

Sprained my right shoulder a few days ago and I had to start from 20. I'm at 50 now. Have been able to add a few each day.

Tags
exercise, weights