Notices

Old 09-24-2020, 10:10 AM   #921
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default OMG loving it.......

~~~
Ratched (Netflix)

It's one wild ride......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2020, 04:24 PM   #922
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~~
Ratched (Netflix)

It's one wild ride......
cast includes..Sarah Paulson Sharon Stone Judy Davis Amanda Plummer Cynthia Nixon

WARNING: Possible triggers
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2020, 10:27 PM   #923
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~~
Ratched (Netflix)

It's one wild ride......
I’m really enjoying it too. I seem to like the Netflix series with the over the top production values, enjoying the sets, costumes, and saturated colors. Visual candy.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2020, 07:57 PM   #924
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 33,964 Times in 8,543 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Binge watching a CBS TV show called The Unicorn on CBS All Access. It’s about a widower whose friends want to see him “move on” after his wife’s death, often by setting him up on dates.

I checked it out because the star of the show, Walton Goggins, usually plays a bad ass and I wanted to see if he could pull off being a nice guy. He does. I’m midway through the season and it sweet and goofy. Exactly what the doctor ordered.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2020, 08:55 PM   #925
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The 40 Year Old Version - Excellent - Netflix

From The Atlantic - “ Making movies about creativity is difficult; making them about creative frustration is harder still. Radha Blank accomplishes just that with her new film, The 40-Year-Old Version, debuting on Netflix today. It follows a playwright stuck in a years-long rut, searching for new ways to express herself. Her journey is difficult, and Blank is invested in showing just how hostile the artistic world can be to someone like herself, a Black female artist uninterested in the grim material her industry wants from her. But The 40-Year-Old Version depicts all that frustration with bubbly, knowing wit; it’s a breezy comedy about not knowing what to do with your life.”
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2020, 07:41 AM   #926
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I’ve been getting lucky finding engaging stories on Prime of late. I’ve also taken some time off from work and actually have time to peruse the offerings. In the last couple weeks I’ve watched and enjoyed:

Youth in Oregon...a really engaging and interesting movie regarding human euthanasia

The Goldfinch....which was a book I always wanted to read and now I think I shall. Incredible movie

Like Sunday Like Rain... the plot fell apart but I muddled through

Witness to 9/11...first hand account of a tragic day

The Bray Road Beast.... first hand accounts of a supposed werewolf like creature(s) in Wisconsin

Facing East....dismal true story about cemetery mismanagement

Addicted to Food: Sharons Story.....sad story

306 Hollywood... documentary made by the grandchildren of a recently deceased woman. Very artfully done as the granddaughter is a film student. This was a gem to find.

Mourning Son.... true story about guitarist Dave Navarro and his mother who was murdered by her ex boyfriend.

The Perfect Victim..... documentary about incarcerated women who killed abusive spouses/partners.

Lord Lucan.... a murder mystery from the 70s ( I think?) gets light shed on it by the wife of the accused murderer.

Missing 411....strange stories of hunters who have disappeared over the course of many decades.

Ted Buddy: Falling for a killer.....fascinating stories from an ex girlfriend of Ted Bundy (and her daughter)
Old 10-21-2020, 07:44 AM   #927
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Ohhhh and we watched all three season of YELLOWSTONE in a matter of weeks! Then we rewatched it again from the beginning. It is just so good!

We don’t have Paramount channel on our lineup, but were able to find Season 1&2 on Peacock and 3 on Fubo.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:51 PM   #928
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Watching
six feet under
wow has held up over time
brilliant television
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2020, 08:19 PM   #929
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Took a look at the new releases on Netflix and selected “Rebecca“. A remake of the 1940 original by Alfred Hitchcock, as a fan of all things Hitchcock I am watching this tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 01:47 AM   #930
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Watched the 60 Minutes interview with Trump on CBS Access last night. Leslie Stahl did a good job (excellent compared to most journalists) of showing how off the rails he is when asked direct questions.

Also watched CSI on CBS Access and on Pluto TV. The focus on scientific evidence is a relief from politics. Too bad they didn’t bring on Ted Danson sooner to CSI Cyber (and toss Bow Wow) or the Cyber series may have lasted longer. It ended just as I was starting to like it.

And Divorce Court with Lynn Toler on Pluto TV. That is the most unusual court setting I’ve seen on tv. Looks like a court from the Star Trek series. I like Judge Toler. Have a book she wrote on lessons her mama taught her. Very good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 08:03 AM   #931
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I finished The Queen's Gambit and it was very well done. They did a good job matching the actresses for the age progression too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 04:49 PM   #932
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

As I watched the 60 minute interview I wonder if he wasn't planning on doing something like that all along?

What is that old saying " Bad publicity is better than no publicity at all'?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 06:14 PM   #933
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I finished The Queen's Gambit and it was very well done. They did a good job matching the actresses for the age progression too.
I loved The Queen's Gambit (although the last 10 seconds, or so, was a bit hokey.

Borat 2 ...I'm hesitating to say that I absolutely loved it and laughed till it hurt. Have me shot.

Then I watched The Dictator (Cohen again ) and I'm hesitating to say that I absolutely loved it and laughed till it hurt. Have me shot... That's a copy/paste.

Also watched Criminal2, The Accountant, and then some other unmemorable stuff.

Nowhere to go; nothing to do. I'm in a Netflix prison.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 08:16 PM   #934
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

I just started watching the Queens gambit also…
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2020, 09:34 PM   #935
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking of hokey, I watched a Christmas movie on Netflix today.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 06:37 AM   #936
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Speaking of hokey, I watched a Christmas movie on Netflix today.
Christmas... something to look forward to..But we're still in October and you haven't yet had to eat all your Halloween candy by yourself in isolation or had your Zoom Family Thanksgiving Turkey dinner (pass the cranberry sauce ).

Temperature checking Santa before you let him get into your chimney wont be easy either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 07:12 AM   #937
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

The Vow on HBO.

The last company I worked at had a couple similarities to Nxivm. Some coworkers and I have been watching The Vow and commenting on it. Though we were sometimes called a cult by competitors, we weren’t. Like these people, our company was Gung Ho! about the work we did. That’s where the similarities ended. There we no sex parties (at least none I was invited to) nor any threats to those who left the company. I stopped watching after the fourth episode. I lost interest once they started branding the women. Also, he was sentenced yesterday. Just too much to stomach for me.

There are 8 or 9 episodes and it could have been done in 4.

It wasn’t done as well as most other docu-dramas by HBO and the series didn’t give me anything I didn’t get in the tabloid papers.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:00 AM   #938
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Christmas... something to look forward to..But we're still in October and you haven't yet had to eat all your Halloween candy by yourself in isolation or had your Zoom Family Thanksgiving Turkey dinner (pass the cranberry sauce ).

Temperature checking Santa before you let him get into your chimney wont be easy either.
No candy for me. I've cut my sugar intake. Won't get together with family either. We live several states apart and most are elderly. We communicate safely via the postal service.

Damn. I won't be able to have cranberry sauce this year. That's a sobering thought.

Now up on my Netflix lineup is yet another Christmas movie. I think this one's called Santa Girl. I'm only in the opening credits so far. Once you start, they shove them at you left and right and I can use the schmaltzy happiness and homey values right now so I don't mind.

As for Santa, no one's been in my chimney for a while so....

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2020, 02:41 PM   #939
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I am currently watching, Hinterland.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:06 PM   #940
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

How is it?
HoldMeSteady is offline   Reply With Quote