Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #21
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a male ID'd Butch TG, I have a female body I rarely acknowledge. That is until I hit 47 and the perimenopauisl shyt of hot flashes bombarded my body and muddled my brain. I took to calling it mental pause because it effected my brain more than I could have ever imagined. I took to reading glasses at 35 and continue to get more distance between my menu and my face, when my wife sits across from me and I have forgotten my eyes she will gladly hold the menu or read it to me. Some kids will wonder if I can read, the answer is yes when I have my damn eyes on. Back to the gates of hell and the night angles that pick one up and drop one into a pool of lava with no hope of ice. This last winter I wore a sweat shirt the entire time and we have some cruel winters of over 60" of snow. I shoveled the white stuff in my sweat shirt the wind in my face glad for the bite of freezing bits of ice. I tried the black kohash, it worked for a while, but not over the years.
I park my ass in front of the fan and pray the flash gods will be kind. I am now at the stage where it is not an every 5 minute occurrence and I can sleep at night with sheet and blanket, often tossed aside but not far from reach.
I am a secure human, so I know this too shall pass and has nothing to do with how I am perceived. In passing you would not know that I had just given a pint of liquid 10 minutes ago, except for the longing stare at the ice machine.
Oh the joys of the addled brain, forgetting from one minute to the next what the hell I'm doing in the bath room when I don't have any business to preform in said room. Or I know I was looking for something if only to remember the next day. These sad tricks of the addled mind are at once frightening and humorous. You can tell I'm looking for my glasses when a remarkable stare fixes my eyes, only to have pointed out they are already on my face.
Yes, dears the joys of mental pause, this too shall pass.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
I'm a male ID'd Butch TG, I have a female body I rarely acknowledge. That is until I hit 47 and the perimenopauisl shyt of hot flashes bombarded my body and muddled my brain. I took to calling it mental pause because it effected my brain more than I could have ever imagined. I took to reading glasses at 35 and continue to get more distance between my menu and my face, when my wife sits across from me and I have forgotten my eyes she will gladly hold the menu or read it to me. Some kids will wonder if I can read, the answer is yes when I have my damn eyes on. Back to the gates of hell and the night angles that pick one up and drop one into a pool of lava with no hope of ice. This last winter I wore a sweat shirt the entire time and we have some cruel winters of over 60" of snow. I shoveled the white stuff in my sweat shirt the wind in my face glad for the bite of freezing bits of ice. I tried the black kohash, it worked for a while, but not over the years.
I park my ass in front of the fan and pray the flash gods will be kind. I am now at the stage where it is not an every 5 minute occurrence and I can sleep at night with sheet and blanket, often tossed aside but not far from reach.
I am a secure human, so I know this too shall pass and has nothing to do with how I am perceived. In passing you would not know that I had just given a pint of liquid 10 minutes ago, except for the longing stare at the ice machine.
Oh the joys of the addled brain, forgetting from one minute to the next what the hell I'm doing in the bath room when I don't have any business to preform in said room. Or I know I was looking for something if only to remember the next day. These sad tricks of the addled mind are at once frightening and humorous. You can tell I'm looking for my glasses when a remarkable stare fixes my eyes, only to have pointed out they are already on my face.
Yes, dears the joys of mental pause, this too shall pass.
Corkey,

Thank you so much for posting.

I must go and thank my T for reading my menu to me once more. Cruel never leaves me . And I appreciate that fact.

Quote:
I am a secure human, so I know this too shall pass and has nothing to do with how I am perceived.
This is THE best statement!!! In my eyes, this is yet another situation in which I give major "att-a-bois".

Mindlessness? wondering if it's 'mentalpause' or Alzheimer's. AAAAhhhhh yes, I've probably already stated about the lack of retention for school. then feeling a form of guilt for not remembering 3/4 of my semester. Although I can get a real chuckle from the kids for looking for the very sunglasses that are on my head.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #23
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelli View Post
You Might Be Going Through Menopause IF...

If you frequently find your head in the freezer, you might be going through menopause.

If more than six times a day, you say "Now what was I doing? -looking for?-saying?, you might be going through menopause.

If your partner asks, "How are you, honey?" and you burst out crying and stay mad at him for the rest of the day, you might be going through menopause.

If you are yelling at your children to "keep it down" and they are reading, you might be going through menopause.

If you consider ramming that car that took your spot, you might be going through menopause.

If all of your clothes are suddenly a size too small, you might be going through menopause.

If the shock of the smaller size of your clothing sends you straight to the freezer and while you're there you grab some ice cream, you might be going through menopause.

If you stand at the refrigerator with the door open and someone else has to remind you of what you want, you might be going through menopause.

If your partner suddenly buys a new motorcycle for quick escapes a few times a day, you might be going through menopause.

If your children seem to be spending more time "out" with their friends, you might be going through menopause.

If your idea of torture is asking that little skinny girl in the cute blouse for the dressing room key, you might be going through menopause.

If you could swear she snickered as she let you in, you might be going through menopause.

If you are suddenly finding the need to shave places you've never shaved before (like your chin), you might be going through menopause.

If your life could be perfect if you didn't have to live with all of these irritating people or work with those jerks or go to church with those other people or share the road with those lousy drivers, you might be going through menopause.

If laughing at a joke reminds you of something else which reminds you of something sad and then you burst out crying while everyone else is still laughing, you might be going through menopause.

If you wish that you could sleep on ice, you might be going through menopause-or global warming.

If you are printing this out to show your friends.......well, you know.

Dose any of this stop??Im 64 and do take some meds that make me a bit sleepy and sometimes a bit of vertago so I thought it was the meds...may be "menopause" insted.Confues hear...yikes!
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #24
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Rockin', some of the symptoms do ease as one gets further down the road. But you see it is all subjective because we are all different. So while mah pony may have gone out to pasture a year ago I still suffer PMS mood swings, though that is even getting better. I'm still getting blemishes from it and that too will go away. The best thing to do is keep your mind and body active, even through the energy drain. I feel better when I can excersize, I may never loose the pounds that came with the change, but I can do my part to help keep the creep at bay.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #25
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

I understand where your coming from. I went through "mechanical menopause " when I was40. I wore a hormone patch or used pills for about 7 yrs before i stopped them. I was lucky as the hot flashes were more of a flush then the full out dripping sweat my friends had told me about. The not sleeping got to me but over that now. The one thing i can say is even after my hysterectomy , once a month i got that "PMS, I don't care what you say , your wrong attitude"........So now that WT is going through it i have lots of patience and just say , yes Honey, whatever you say, because like i told her i know what its like, and its not all about me, its the PMS of menopause.
TIMBER
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #26
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Rockin', some of the symptoms do ease as one gets further down the road. But you see it is all subjective because we are all different. So while mah pony may have gone out to pasture a year ago I still suffer PMS mood swings, though that is even getting better. I'm still getting blemishes from it and that too will go away. The best thing to do is keep your mind and body active, even through the energy drain. I feel better when I can excersize, I may never loose the pounds that came with the change, but I can do my part to help keep the creep at bay.
I work out nearly every day and it dose help keep my head clear and to the point,I can tell the diff when I dont workout,I was told it was because of the endorphine rush that comes from the work out..dont care why just that it works.I know I take a fue more naps than I did years ago and my energy isnt as much as it was...refer to working out to help.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #27
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation
Default For a smile

Sharing by request..lol

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tw-oZyS8Bg"]‪Menopause & Middle Aged Woman Cartoons‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #28
Sparx1_1
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Bullied and silenced
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Timed-out - Deliberate abuse of site resources in public user notes and profile.

Sparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST ReputationSparx1_1 Has the BEST Reputation

As a female id'd butch I haven't had the issues that might be less than pleasant for some male id'd butches facing menopause; so for me it's been a lot easier to just sit and bitch and suck up all the sympathy and advice I can get without any strangeness or discomfort.

So far I am peri-menopausal - for me this has been bursts of menopause followed by bursts of raging hormones that would make any young girl in the first flushes of puberty proud.

The best and worst so far was going 9 months without a period - absolute heaven except that my body decided I was going to bleed "any day now", meaning 9 months of bitching and bloat. The only reason my lovely wife did not divorce me is because "I'm used to you being an asshole, besides it's kinda funny watching you cry at EVERYTHING tee hee." Yes without her loving support, this would be much more difficult.

So far I've been lucky actually. I have a bad knee so the hot flashes (still mild so far) can actually feel really good as it heats up my extremely cold sensitive legs. The night sweats and all the other symptoms are there but they too are also still mild. On the days when the symptoms aren't so mild I just remind myself that Menopause isn't fatal - except to innocent bystanders, but the kids can outrun me.
Sparx1_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparx1_1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 12:17 AM   #29
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx1_1 View Post
The only reason my lovely wife did not divorce me is because "I'm used to you being an asshole, besides it's kinda funny watching you cry at EVERYTHING tee hee." Yes without her loving support, this would be much more difficult.
My Cruel would say your wife sounds like me!!!!

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #30
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Default menopause/manopause diet

I was looking around to find some information about apples supposedly helping you to lose weight, a friend said it was on Dr. Oz, and I stumbled upon this:

http://www.healthy-eating-made-easy....ause-diet.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #31
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Default 7 Dwarfs of menopause/manopause

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #32
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Default Diva Cup - Yes, it works.

The DivaCup

"Have you ever…(?)

~co-opted toilet paper from a public washroom as a temporary measure

~planned a vacation around your period

~avoided white pants for that one 'special' week of the month

~done a supplies hand-off with a girlfriend while the dates weren't looking

~cautiously tucked the telltale string into your bikini

~accidentally pulled a mystery object from your purse in front of a curious male audience

~scuttled to the washroom to survey the leak damage after a sudden 'surge'

~clogged your toilet with "flushable" feminine products

~left a party with a jacket tied around your waist...?

The DivaCup to the rescue!!!

The DivaCup is a non-absorbent menstrual cup that simply collects menstrual flow. It is inserted in the vagina and sits at the lower base of the vaginal canal. It is worn internally, yet because it is soft and smooth, it cannot be felt nor will it leak when inserted properly.

The DivaCup is the most clean and convenient method of feminine hygiene protection. No need to touch the flow. It is worn low in the vagina, not near the cervix, so it is easy to remove. No mess!

The DivaCup ends hassles with unreliable disposables in endless absorbencies, shapes and styles. It is perfect for all activities – giving women true freedom without the worry, guessing and unreliability that disposable feminine hygiene products pose.

The DivaCup can be worn for up to 12 hours before emptying, washing and reinserting for use for another 12 hours. It can be used for light or moderate flows and is emptied more often to accommodate heavy flows. Perfect for overnight use.

The DivaCup’s expert, proprietary, patent-pending features make it comfortable and assures ease of use and reliability. Perfect for traveling, running, biking, hiking, dancing, camping, swimming, diving, scuba, yoga, extreme sports and more...

Latex-free, BPA-free, plastic-free

No dyes, colors or additives

Comfortable, reliable

Clean, convenient, easy-to-use

Worn for up to 12 hours at a time"

```````````````````````````````````````````
http://www.divacup.com/

Old 08-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #33
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

My ex-wife tried the Diva Cup and she damn sure could not go 12 hours without changing it. Overnight was impossible. She had really heavy periods, so maybe that was why.

I posted this in another menopause thread, but will cross post it here:

It's a perfectly natural thing to happen. All my butch friends and I have talked about and still talk about it with great humor. None of us find it embarrassing or any kind of specially cruel joke for butches. One of my favorite conversations occurred outside The Stud one evening. over a cigarette. 4 of us stone cold passing butches (the old terminology) were talking about menopause. We said all the words and were all waiting for the day it all ends. War stories about dripping wet sheets, which movies made us cry the most, etc went on for about 20 or so minutes. I have talked about it with my femme friends who are experiencing the same things.

I haven't bleed in almost 30 years, had my cervix & uterus removed but they left my fine healthy ovaries. So about 10 years ago, the ovaries did their natural slowdown and those wonderful symptoms appeared.

I cried at stupid commercials on TV and steamed up car windows with hot flashes. The crying slowed down, but the hot flashes were like 50 a day and sleeping with me was like being in a steamy jungle. The hot flashes did not stop until I completely permanently stopped drinking alcohol....it took about a month. In the last couple of three years I might have had 3 or four hot flashes.

I turned 59 in June and now that menopause is over.....well that makes me a crone. Another phase in my born butch woman life.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #34
Daktari

I've been using a Moon(Diva) Cup since Un-Mrs.I introduced me to them a few years ago. Highly recommended. I love that I've not had to buy any more 'female' products at the supermarket/shop since I got one.

Thanks for posting here Toughy. I see no need for a seperate 'Butch' menopause thread, especially as several of us male-id and/or butch folks have posted here already and raised the issue of how this affects us.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #35
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
I've been using a Moon(Diva) Cup since Un-Mrs.I introduced me to them a few years ago. Highly recommended. I love that I've not had to buy any more 'female' products at the supermarket/shop since I got one.

Thanks for posting here Toughy. I see no need for a seperate 'Butch' menopause thread, especially as several of us male-id and/or butch folks have posted here already and raised the issue of how this affects us.
I'm pretty sure Strappin started a thread recently for butches going through menopause. I'll see if I can find it!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #36
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

i think i have used every menstrual product out there and can hands down say the Diva cup was my least favorite. my absolute favorite was the sea sponge <shush Lady Snow and Strappin> but with both you inevitably end up having to manage the "bloody hand" predicament when using public stall-style restrooms.

i had a hysterectomy in may of this year and while i love it i do want to remind everyone to still have bi-annual sonograms of your ovaries. Either that or ask your doctor to run a c125 blood work up. That is the ovarian cancer marker, much like the brca test is for breast cancer. ovarian cancer is the silent killer and often is a-symptomatic until it becomes a stage 4 situation.

and for everyone who loathes the gyn office as much as i do (think i'd rather dig a ditch naked), most planned parenthood offices have lgbtq friendly obgyn docs who are trans-friendly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #37
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
The tears at the drop of a hat, the sweats (not just at night mind you) The mood swings god I feel like I'm losing my mind..... Menopause

I mean growing up finding myself as a "female identified Butch" was in it self a hard thing to grow into. Walking into a women's bathroom and being told "sir you are in the wrong bathroom", I was mortified as a young adult to hear that and it still happens to me on a wkly basis. I'm better equipped to handle those words now at my age. But Menopause, god help me!

Lets not forget how I as a Butch tried to say the words Menstrual Cycle it just wouldn't come out of this mouth so I came up with my own word for it the "devil" The things that little thing does to a Butch every month is painstakingly hard to accept at a young age, hell even now. It's as if it's been a cruel joke for us Butches, Ftm's and anyone else that does not identify as femme.

I have been putting off going to the Doctor for a very long time and well I know I have to swallow my pride and go. Because if I don't I may just lose my friends, family and possibly my job because of my emotions. Ok it's really not that bad but holy cats I can't stop crying.. lol I love my friends dearly and they know I'm going through this but I don't think they understand what it's "really" doing to me as far as my masculinity.

Do any other Butches think it's a cruel joke?

The mind games it plays on a butch, I can't even describe or put into words the mind games it plays.
Found it
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #38
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
Found it
Thanks for that Novelafemme...I was saying that I didn't think it necessary for another menopause thread butch or otherwise....thanks anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #39
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Thanks for that Novelafemme...I was saying that I didn't think it necessary for another menopause thread butch or otherwise....thanks anyway.
I'm a selective reader
Old 08-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #40
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
My ex-wife tried the Diva Cup and she damn sure could not go 12 hours without changing it. Overnight was impossible. She had really heavy periods, so maybe that was why.

I posted this in another menopause thread, but will cross post it here:

It's a perfectly natural thing to happen. All my butch friends and I have talked about and still talk about it with great humor. None of us find it embarrassing or any kind of specially cruel joke for butches. One of my favorite conversations occurred outside The Stud one evening. over a cigarette. 4 of us stone cold passing butches (the old terminology) were talking about menopause. We said all the words and were all waiting for the day it all ends. War stories about dripping wet sheets, which movies made us cry the most, etc went on for about 20 or so minutes. I have talked about it with my femme friends who are experiencing the same things.

I haven't bleed in almost 30 years, had my cervix & uterus removed but they left my fine healthy ovaries. So about 10 years ago, the ovaries did their natural slowdown and those wonderful symptoms appeared.

I cried at stupid commercials on TV and steamed up car windows with hot flashes. The crying slowed down, but the hot flashes were like 50 a day and sleeping with me was like being in a steamy jungle. The hot flashes did not stop until I completely permanently stopped drinking alcohol....it took about a month. In the last couple of three years I might have had 3 or four hot flashes.

I turned 59 in June and now that menopause is over.....well that makes me a crone. Another phase in my born butch woman life.
I appreciate your posting Toughster!!!!

You are right about the heavy periods though. I was quoting the site itself. It will go overnight, but again maybe not with heavy bleeding.

Respectfully, jelli*