tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lies You've Told

Funny, shocking, embarrassing, evil, "white," whatever. What are some lies you've told?

I'll start it out with a funny one. And though I don't lie much, I have others in all the above categories to admit to if this gets going.

All right, innocuous but nonetheless a lie:

When my kids were in the age range 4-6, we lived in a neighborhood where there must have been 500 ice cream trucks driving around looking for business. Every time we heard one, my little ones would be all, Can we have ice cream? Huh, can we? Hurrrrrrry!!!!! And it's not like they think, Oh gee, we had ice cream yesterday, or even Ha ha, we had ice cream already today.

So I told them that when the ice cream trucks played music, it meant that they were out of ice cream. Then when we'd hear the trucks, I'd say, Oh, darn, all out. Maybe next time.

I can be like that. Can you?
Old 07-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

The Tooth Fairy I told my kids he was real...
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My kids were unimpressed with me when they really young.
So the peace momma told them my life was really a shield for the fact that I designed the original stealth bomber.
They believed me - Told all their friends.
GOD - I could never trust them with my secrets (lies) again.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
The Tooth Fairy I told my kids he was real...

I went along for quite a while letting mine believe that, but then one time I forgot about retrieving the tooth and leaving cash for, like, three nights in a row and so finally I handed her a bill and said, Here's 5 bucks, honey. The truth is I'm the tooth fairy.

Guess that's more a lie I didn't tell....

Thought of another category: Lies you told when you were a child and still squirm over. (Uh, no, I don't have a bunch of those, why'd you ask?)
Old 07-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Our kids and nieces believed that the car had a safety feature and if you didn't buckle up or unbuckled the car would die.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,346 Times in 2,667 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Our kids and nieces believed that the car had a safety feature and if you didn't buckle up or unbuckled the car would die.
I told my mother that the car wouldn't start if she didn't buckle her seat belt.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

When I was in high school, I had taken a year out, and was doing home schooling. I had to go up to the school to meet a friend for lunch, she was in the gym class and I was waiting there for her. The teacher asked if I wanted to participate, I said no, she pushed it and I told her I had been in a car accident, and had two plates in each leg, and couldnt. She let it go. I went back the next year, and in the spring, I was wearing shorts, and she saw me, and noticed I had no scars on my legs. I had to make up almost a years worth of PE classes in a month!
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peach For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #8
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,346 Times in 2,667 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Well, this may be typical teenage mishegoss.

I was the live in house manager in a community residence for adults with developmental disabilities.

I did learn a lot, and it fell into the category of 'an honorable job that I enjoy' but

My father was worried about me, and

He was worried that I would never go back to college, so

I told him that I was taking classes at Brooklyn College during the day, since

I worked a split shift.

That was a big fat lie, and eventually

I went back to college, and to grad school, and then

I went back to college again, and then to grad school again.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

My parents till this day don't know how many concerts I've gone to when I was "spending the night at Raquel Padilla's house".

Sometimes I get uncomfy when they say they wished they would of not been so strict
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #10
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

When I was in kindergarten, I had a weird freckling on my arm that everyone would ask about and I told everyone that I had been bitten by a raccoon.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Ha ha! I should have told that one. Then I could have threatened them less.

Now, did they think the car would die, as in not run? Or did they think the car would die?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #12
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
I told my mother that the car wouldn't start if she didn't buckle her seat belt.
Well. That's... quite the turn-about. Either Mom would believe anything or I'm just coming up on a generational difference.

>;-)
Old 07-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach View Post
When I was in high school, I had taken a year out, and was doing home schooling. I had to go up to the school to meet a friend for lunch, she was in the gym class and I was waiting there for her. The teacher asked if I wanted to participate, I said no, she pushed it and I told her I had been in a car accident, and had two plates in each leg, and couldnt. She let it go. I went back the next year, and in the spring, I was wearing shorts, and she saw me, and noticed I had no scars on my legs. I had to make up almost a years worth of PE classes in a month!
Oh, baby, you're not supposed to get caught!

I told lies like that in high school all the time, too, and invariably it would be so outrageous that I'd get caught in it. I once told my teacher I was going to Europe, when really I was just going to Cleveland. She asked me all these detailed questions about the trip and I had to 'fess up.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #14
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

When i was in high school my curfew was 11. Way too early.

So, one night my best friend Sandy told her mom she was spending the night with me, as i told my parents i was staying with Sandy.

We just haddddddddd to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show like all the other kids.

It started at midnight. Which was great, had a blast. Problem was after the show was over then what. It was winter, we didn't exactly plan past the "event".

We ended up spending the night in the parking lot and waking up turning the car on every once in awhile to heat it. Finally about 4 am we went to Krystal and heated up in the bathroom where they had those heat hand dryers. We were misreable and cold and no blankets, no pillows and no nothing.

Lack of planning. Not a good thing.

Oh and as far as what i told my kids? Gosh. I remember one thing for sure. If they cried it would thunder. To this day they both hate storms. Ooops.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #15
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Well, this may be typical teenage mishegoss.
I was the live in house manager in a community residence for adults with developmental disabilities.
I did learn a lot, and it fell into the category of 'an honorable job that I enjoy' but
My father was worried about me, and
He was worried that I would never go back to college, so
I told him that I was taking classes at Brooklyn College during the day, since
I worked a split shift.
That was a big fat lie, and eventually
I went back to college, and to grad school, and then
I went back to college again, and then to grad school again.

Has he caught on yet?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #16
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
My parents till this day don't know how many concerts I've gone to when I was "spending the night at Raquel Padilla's house".

Sometimes I get uncomfy when they say they wished they would of not been so strict
You can tell them, "Good news: no harm done!"

Er, there was a real Raquel Padilla, yes?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #17
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by puregrrl View Post
When I was in kindergarten, I had a weird freckling on my arm that everyone would ask about and I told everyone that I had been bitten by a raccoon.
O-Kay. My personal interpretation of that is that you were kind of whacked as a kid. But hey! That's not a bad thing! The whacked among us are also the most interesting among us.

I had a birthmark on my chest when I was little and in a pool or whatever people sometimes thought my nipple was sticking out. So when I got old enough not to be mortified, if someone asked me about the birthmark, I would say it was an extra tit.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #18
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
You can tell them, "Good news: no harm done!"

Er, there was a real Raquel Padilla, yes?

oh yes, she was my cover for all things music

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #19
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
When i was in high school my curfew was 11. Way too early.

So, one night my best friend Sandy told her mom she was spending the night with me, as i told my parents i was staying with Sandy.

We just haddddddddd to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show like all the other kids.

It started at midnight. Which was great, had a blast. Problem was after the show was over then what. It was winter, we didn't exactly plan past the "event".

We ended up spending the night in the parking lot and waking up turning the car on every once in awhile to heat it. Finally about 4 am we went to Krystal and heated up in the bathroom where they had those heat hand dryers. We were misreable and cold and no blankets, no pillows and no nothing.

Lack of planning. Not a good thing.

Oh and as far as what i told my kids? Gosh. I remember one thing for sure. If they cried it would thunder. To this day they both hate storms. Ooops.
I laughed all the way through that. Kids never do plan even a second beyond their fondest desire.

I think "If you cry, it will thunder" rivals my "Uh-oh, no ice cream!" in terms of wicked mama stuff.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #20
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Red face My biggest lie

I did not lie much as a kid because I am a terrible lier & always got caught. My parents were extremely strict-dad a Marine Drill Instructor (u get the picture). I rarely was allowed out. Finally, one night they let me go "study" with my best friend and spend the night @ her house. We went to a party with a bunch of older kids (bad judgment but that's what happens when one is allowed zero freedom). It was @ a hotel. It got raided by the Police-too much noise-I was underage & they hauled me to the station. They wanted to call my parents. I was much more afraid of my parents then the police so I told them I was married & my husband was in Vietnam. I lied all night because I thought my parents would be even more upset to be awakened at 3:00AM, than in the morning. Finally, @ 8:00AM I 'fessed up. Parents freaked & yep, another 6-weeks of restriction! I lived my teen years on episodes of 6-weeks on restriction ranging from big things like the police to getting a "C" instead of an A in a subject.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: