How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

My little sister got into a bad habit of flipping the bird when she was 3 years old. (It wasnt me! I had brothers!!)

Well, imagine all of our horror when she flipped the bird to our youth minister at church one Sunday!

My step-mom was in the hospital at the time with a severe issue and had already been gone for about a month and was scheduled to be gone for another few weeks so my step-sister and I devised a plan to get baby sis to stop flipping the bird before the step-mom got home from the hospital.

Step-sister and I would "play fight" with one another and instead of flipping each other the bird, we would put our index finger and thumb together in an "ok" sign and then hiss and "Ooooooooh" at one another as if it was the WORST thing that could ever happen in the history of humankind!

Eventually, baby sis caught on that the "ok" sign was so much worse than flipping the bird that she started making the "ok" sign instead of the bird whenever she was mad. So basically she thought she was doing something really bad and commenced giving the "ok" sign to anyone who would look. This went on for a few years and people would often look at her like she was nuts but at least there were no explanations required about why a 3-year-old was flipping the bird.

Don't know if that counts as a lie but it sure worked
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #22
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya/Georgia View Post
I did not lie much as a kid because I am a terrible lier & always got caught. My parents were extremely strict-dad a Marine Drill Instructor (u get the picture). I rarely was allowed out. Finally, one night they let me go "study" with my best friend and spend the night @ her house. We went to a party with a bunch of older kids (bad judgment but that's what happens when one is allowed zero freedom). It was @ a hotel. It got raided by the Police-too much noise-I was underage & they hauled me to the station. They wanted to call my parents. I was much more afraid of my parents then the police so I told them I was married & my husband was in Vietnam. I lied all night because I thought my parents would be even more upset to be awakened at 3:00AM, than in the morning. Finally, @ 8:00AM I 'fessed up. Parents freaked & yep, another 6-weeks of restriction! I lived my teen years on episodes of 6-weeks on restriction ranging from big things like the police to getting a "C" instead of an A in a subject.

This was going along in the pretty standard teenage way until... you told them you were married and your husband was in Vietnam???

You may not lie much, but you make up for it in audacity!
Old 07-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #23
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
My little sister got into a bad habit of flipping the bird when she was 3 years old. (It wasnt me! I had brothers!!)

Well, imagine all of our horror when she flipped the bird to our youth minister at church one Sunday!

My step-mom was in the hospital at the time with a severe issue and had already been gone for about a month and was scheduled to be gone for another few weeks so my step-sister and I devised a plan to get baby sis to stop flipping the bird before the step-mom got home from the hospital.

Step-sister and I would "play fight" with one another and instead of flipping each other the bird, we would put our index finger and thumb together in an "ok" sign and then hiss and "Ooooooooh" at one another as if it was the WORST thing that could ever happen in the history of humankind!

Eventually, baby sis caught on that the "ok" sign was so much worse than flipping the bird that she started making the "ok" sign instead of the bird whenever she was mad. So basically she thought she was doing something really bad and commenced giving the "ok" sign to anyone who would look. This went on for a few years and people would often look at her like she was nuts but at least there were no explanations required about why a 3-year-old was flipping the bird.

Don't know if that counts as a lie but it sure worked

Oh, it counts. Have you told her about it? I assume she doesn't remember.... On the other hand, she's not out there still "flipping the OK" at other drivers, right?
Old 07-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #24
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Has he caught on yet?
That was 30 years ago.

Until he died about five years ago, he had bigger fish to fry, like why his older daughter's female partner had a firmer handshake than he did, and why my sister wasn't married to the man with whom she lived. <-- joke
Chancie is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #25
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by puregrrl View Post
When I was in kindergarten, I had a weird freckling on my arm that everyone would ask about and I told everyone that I had been bitten by a raccoon.
i have a little chunk nicked out of the back of my head - i've told my nieces and nephews that when i was their age i did not keep my room clean and as a result rats nibbled on my head while i slept - maybe i'll try raccoon with the new wee one
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #26
TickledPink

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girly Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Pink
Relationship Status:
Shacked UP

Location: The Holt-Mason Chateau Decherd/I'm a NashVegas Girl!
Thanked 1,998 Times in 607 Posts
TickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST Reputation

In high school, my friend got a new (to her) Camaro with a scoop on the hood. We ditched school one day and took the car out for a spin. We ended up at the lake and I decided to ride on the hood of her car.

She had just waxed it. We were tooling along down a gravel road to the lake when she and my other friend decided it would be funny to scare me and hit the gas a bit. Welllllllllllll...........Instead of hitting the gas she accidentally hit the brakes instead and I went sailing off the car onto the gravel road.

I landed knee first and crushed my kneecap.

Fast forward to the emergency room when my mother came in and we told her I did it playing volleyball in PE. She believed it until the day she died!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #27
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Let me see.... I told a few exes it was me when I was really breaking up because of them....

I told my mother someone hit her car in the grocery store parking lot so my little brother didn't get yelled at, forever, over a small scrap from a wall.

I have told many people yes, that looks good or fine on you.

I lied once to a waterbed salesman so I could get a new heater for free. Not a good excuse but I was a poor single mother at the time and the bed was really cold without a working heater.

Andrea

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #28
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

I told the Mormons knocking on my door I worshiped Beelzebub and hissed so they would leave me alone....

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #29
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
I told the Mormons knocking on my door I worshiped Beelzebub and hissed so they would leave me alone....

Okay, but did you tell them any lies? <<JUST kidding, heh. Heh.>>
Old 07-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #30
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Our kids and nieces believed that the car had a safety feature and if you didn't buckle up or unbuckled the car would die.
Too funny!!! I told mine the car wouldn't run if they weren't in their belts/car seats.

I told them a red light would come on over their heads if they were lying and that only grown ups could see the light.

I also told them I had magic powers and was a fairy before I decided to be a human and have kids (but that I kept some powers).

Now, for lies to strangers? When travelling, I would tell people that I was originally born in and grew up just outside of London and I did not have an accent b/c my parents moved back home to the States when I was 8 years old.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #31
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

I've lied and said I was American just so I would not have to hear all kinds of ignorant questions about how I came to be here...
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #32
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Oh, the lies, where to start?

In my younger days, when my mom first saw the tattoo on my upper arm of a battle ax and gasped, I yelled out, "It's a temporary tattoo! It comes off!" It gave her some adjustment time, so that after a few months went by, she looked at it and said with a smirk, "That temporary tattoo sure is staying around for quite awhile."

In high school, my gay brother and I, along with a few misfit friends, set out to vandalize a giant pro-life billboard in Ohio. We all dressed in black (so smart of us) and set off with a big plastic gun filled with paint. The problem was that when we got to the actual billboard we realized it was reallllyyyy high up, something we hadn't quite picked up on while driving by it. We ended up having to settle for the one athletic member of our group throwing the gun up at the billboard and were more than lucky that a small speckle of black paint showed up on the white background. On our way home, we were stopped by a policeman, who asked us what we were up to. Since most of us had dabs of black paint on us from trying to deal with the gun, I said, "We were working on the set for our school play." At 4am. On the highway. The officer didn't even bother to respond to that and simply asked for our names so that if he heard about any misdeeds in the morning, he'd know who to approach. That was when some of us should have lied but we didn't. Luckily nothing terrible seemed to have occurred, so we were off the hook, and ever so proud when we drove by that billboard and saw the barely noticeable dot of black paint.

I lied by omission when a butch friend talked to me over the phone about how his most recent ex was "dark sided" because she didn't believe in God and how he wanted to meet a nice girl like me. I should have spoken up but I didn't so quickly want to have to defend myself as to being nice and dark-sided. Heh, heh.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #33
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

I once told a drunk woman I was a Lesbian polygamist and had 2 sister wives...I convinced her that she should join.
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #34
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_ms_sunshyne View Post
I once told a drunk woman I was a Lesbian polygamist and had 2 sister wives...I convinced her that she should join.
and i thought i had good lines....
Old 07-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #35
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

I refuse to disclose on the grounds that it will incriminate me both here and at large.

Plus they really were of the bland, lie to your parents to see your boyfriend type. Or the extensive sets of lies to get into clubs or buy booze.

I love reading this thread thou. Keep them coming.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #36
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Back in the early 1990s, I had started to date a really nice girl and we'd decided to go to the cinema. It was her choice of film and she decided on going to see Naked Gun 33 1/3.

I knew nothing about it (or most other Hollywood films for that matter) but, trying to be uber-cool, I pretended otherwise. On the evening we met up, she asked me what I thought of Leslie Nielsen. Every Lesley I'd know in real life had been female so I instantly replied that she was a great actress and that I was a massive fan of hers .....

The date went downhill from there and taught me that, if I'm going to tell a bare-faced lie, make sure I know what I'm talking about !!!
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #37
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

My most persistent lie:

"I'm sorry, have no idea how fast I was going, Officer. I was just keeping up with traffic."
Old 07-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #38
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation
Default today i lied - just for this thread

i told my coworkers i was busy all holiday weekend with my other job and true passion in life - impersonating neil diamond.
i also told them i'm in especially high demand on the fourth due to my show stopping rendition of america.

the worst part is - i almost got away with it
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post: