Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation
Default Soulmates?

So, I was scrolling down random quotes and came across one that grabbed my attention.

"To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a
paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on
someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates,
which takes a lifetime to perfect."

What are your thoughts? Do soulmates exist? If they do, how does one know that this person is their soulmate? Do you know in an instant? Is it love at first sight? What makes a person your soulmate? Can there be more than one soulmate? What if you think you are with your soulmate and then things end. Does this mean that this person was never your soulmate or are you still soulmates but in a different way?

I don't think there should be rules to love or any matter of the heart. After reading this quote, I became intrigued about different perspectives. What is a soulmate to you?
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_ms_sunshyne View Post
So, I was scrolling down random quotes and came across one that grabbed my attention.

"To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a
someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates,

What are your thoughts? Do soulmates exist? If they do, how does one know that this person is their soulmate? Do you know in an instant? Is it love at first sight? What makes a person your soulmate? Can there be more than one soulmate? What if you think you are with your soulmate and then things end. Does this mean that this person was never your soulmate or are you still soulmates but in a different way?

I don't think there should be rules to love or any matter of the heart. After reading this quote, I became intrigued about different perspectives. What is a soulmate to you?

Does a soulmate have to always mean someone you are or want to be in a relationship?
Can't a soulmate be a best friend without partnership status?

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
Trev

How Do You Identify?:
Just a good ole boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

Thanked 10,142 Times in 2,400 Posts
Trev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST Reputation

"Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we're two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we've found the right person."
~Richard Bach

Just another quote to think about

Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
"Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we're two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we've found the right person."
~Richard Bach

who knows if the moon's
a balloon,coming out of a keen city
in the sky--filled with pretty people?
(and if you and i should

get into it,if they
should take me and take you into their balloon,
why then
we'd go up higher with all the pretty people

than houses and steeples and clouds:
go sailing
away and away sailing into a keen
city which nobody's ever visited,where
always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

-ee cummings

--------------------------------------------------------- I believe in soulmates. I believe in kismet, fate & the magick of love.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Does a soulmate have to always mean someone you are or want to be in a relationship?
Can't a soulmate be a best friend without partnership status?
That is exactly what I was getting at. Can a soulmate be in the form of a friendship? I absolutely think that it is possible Wolfy. This is why it is interesting to read different opinions. Thank you for bringing this point up!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
~Richard Bach

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
who knows if the moon's
(and if you and i should

get into it,if they
why then

go sailing
always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

-ee cummings

--------------------------------------------------------- I believe in soulmates. I believe in kismet, fate & the magick of love.

Beautiful... Le Sigh....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
Trev

How Do You Identify?:
Just a good ole boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

Thanked 10,142 Times in 2,400 Posts
Trev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
who knows if the moon's
(and if you and i should

get into it,if they
why then

go sailing
always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

-ee cummings

I too, believe in soulmates...fate, and the magic of love

Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

I love Ms. Sunshine's quote. It really set me to thinking. I have alot of wierd beliefs, or quirky ones. I personally don't believe in the idea of a soulmate as one soul that split apart and we are forever incomplete until we find that other half.

But I do believe in two spirits that entertwine across time (centuries even). Okay, hold on to something, here's where my beliefs get wierd. I believe in reincarnation. I also believe in group reincarnations. Spirits that are so entertwined and have issues to resolve that they reincarnate within each others time lines and continue to find each other. I have an ex, that she and I were able to get glimpses of four other times that we had crossed paths. We have very vivid pictures of our most recent past crossing in the 1930s. So I consider her a soulmate.

This leads to the next part of your question. I don't believe that just because you're a soulmate you are meant to be together.

I really liked, and agree, with "by the art of commitment become soulmates,

Thanks for making me think bella.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama View Post
I love Ms. Sunshine's quote. It really set me to thinking. I have alot of wierd beliefs, or quirky ones. I personally don't believe in the idea of a soulmate as one soul that split apart and we are forever incomplete until we find that other half.

But I do believe in two spirits that entertwine across time (centuries even). Okay, hold on to something, here's where my beliefs get wierd. I believe in reincarnation. I also believe in group reincarnations. Spirits that are so entertwined and have issues to resolve that they reincarnate within each others time lines and continue to find each other. I have an ex, that she and I were able to get glimpses of four other times that we had crossed paths. We have very vivid pictures of our most recent past crossing in the 1930s. So I consider her a soulmate.

This leads to the next part of your question. I don't believe that just because you're a soulmate you are meant to be together.

I really liked, and agree, with "by the art of commitment become soulmates,

Thanks for making me think bella.

A
The idea of reincarnation is romantic. Crossing paths through several lifetimes to connect with that one soul.

Thank you for taking the time to respond Pajarita
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
-Red-Flag-

How Do You Identify?:
.Butch.

Thanked 3,609 Times in 929 Posts
-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation

This makes me think of the movie Hancock and the premise Will Smiths and Charlize Therons characters ... I love that movie..

You will always be fond of me. I represent all the sins you never had the courage to commit.--Oscar Wilde

Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.--Oscar Wilde

I want to fill my mouth with your name.— Pablo Neruda

-Red-Flag- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to -Red-Flag- For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #11
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Red-Flag- View Post
This makes me think of the movie Hancock and the premise Will Smiths and Charlize Therons characters ... I love that movie..
Never seen it...will have to check it out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #12
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,994 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

"To say that one waits a lifetime for his soul mate to come around is a
someone, and by the art of commitment become soul mates,
which takes a lifetime to perfect,”

~ Christopher James Gilbert (2012)

(Otherwise known by his stage name, Criss Jami:
Lead singer for the rock band, Venus in Arms).

Did you know that Gilbert began his writing career in poetry, essays and existentialist prose, while studying philosophy as a student at George Mason University? He was born, the same year as my youngest son, in 1987.

For as young as he is, notwithstanding knowledge about his own life experience or other peoples' life experiences, I would say that his statement contains a particular truth that most people could identify with, existentially.

On the surface of Gilbert's argument, he suggests that people ‘wait a lifetime’ for their ‘soul mate to come around’; which, at heart, is basically ‘a paradox.’ As a person delves further, past the surface of this argument, we find Gilbert mentioning items of interest pertaining to elements of time, timing, rules of decorum, etc by also suggesting, possibly by early youthful observation, that: “People get sick of waiting (time, relationship rules of decorum), take a chance on someone (issues of timing, breaking socially held ideas on relationship rules), and by the art of commitment become soul mates which takes a lifetime to perfect (again, his youthful observation on social norms – rules by which people come to know over a period of time – subvert social relationship rules, by overtly participating in time held beliefs pertaining to rites of marriage relationship rules and over time, hopefully the choice they made to ‘unite by commitment’, their relationship will hopefully resemble something that mirrors institutionally and communally held beliefs on what constitutes a marriage of the mind, soul and body).

At my age, it’s no paradox – the act of waiting around for the ‘right’ person to come along. People wait for the right person to come along, in my opinion, because of their own perceptual life experience or experiences in life. Which is to say that, simply as possible but not as simple as one might think, that there is the very real possibility that life does have rules that regulate how we think or act or how we learn to read in our own mother language or even how we communicate across the span of time as we bridge life’s ‘troubling waters.’

Whether or not we adopt an idea that we could transcend rules of engagement implies that we wish we could subvert a time honored system of engagement with how we conduct ourselves in our everyday relationship with other human beings. Or to push the boundary further, our relationship in and to a physical environment, which nourishes us with food to eat or water to drink or the air which is a prime value in sustaining life for all on Earth.

To provide an answer to your very first question of: Do I believe in ‘soul mates?’

It depends on how we (the general we) define what constitutes ‘soul mate.’ Generally speaking: No, I do not believe that the term ‘soul mate’ shares the same capacity as that of the term ‘partner’ or ‘wife’ or any other term which describes a person you share your life with in terms of a marital relationship commitment (for however long the life of that particular relationship lasts).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #13
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
"To say that one waits a lifetime for his soul mate to come around is a
someone, and by the art of commitment become soul mates,
which takes a lifetime to perfect,”

~ Christopher James Gilbert (2012)

(Otherwise known by his stage name, Criss Jami:
Lead singer for the rock band, Venus in Arms).

Did you know that Gilbert began his writing career in poetry, essays and existentialist prose, while studying philosophy as a student at George Mason University? He was born, the same year as my youngest son, in 1987.

For as young as he is, notwithstanding knowledge about his own life experience or other peoples' life experiences, I would say that his statement contains a particular truth that most people could identify with, existentially.

On the surface of Gilbert's argument, he suggests that people ‘wait a lifetime’ for their ‘soul mate to come around’; which, at heart, is basically ‘a paradox.’ As a person delves further, past the surface of this argument, we find Gilbert mentioning items of interest pertaining to elements of time, timing, rules of decorum, etc by also suggesting, possibly by early youthful observation, that: “People get sick of waiting (time, relationship rules of decorum), take a chance on someone (issues of timing, breaking socially held ideas on relationship rules), and by the art of commitment become soul mates which takes a lifetime to perfect (again, his youthful observation on social norms – rules by which people come to know over a period of time – subvert social relationship rules, by overtly participating in time held beliefs pertaining to rites of marriage relationship rules and over time, hopefully the choice they made to ‘unite by commitment’, their relationship will hopefully resemble something that mirrors institutionally and communally held beliefs on what constitutes a marriage of the mind, soul and body).

At my age, it’s no paradox – the act of waiting around for the ‘right’ person to come along. People wait for the right person to come along, in my opinion, because of their own perceptual life experience or experiences in life. Which is to say that, simply as possible but not as simple as it one might think, that there is the very real possibility that life does have rules that regulate how we think or act or how we learn to read in our own mother language or even how we communicate across the span of time as we bridge life’s ‘troubling waters.’

Whether or not we adopt an idea that we could transcend rules of engagement implies that we wish we could subvert a time honored system of engagement with how we conduct ourselves in our everyday relationship with other human beings. Or to push the boundary further, our relationship in and to a physical environment, which nourishes us with food to eat or water to drink or the air which is a prime value in sustaining life for all on Earth.

To provide an answer to your very first question of: Do I believe in ‘soul mates?’

It depends on how we (the general we) define what constitutes ‘soul mate.’ Generally speaking: No, I do not believe that the term ‘soul mate’ shares the same capacity as that of the term ‘partner’ or ‘wife’ or any other term which describes a person you share your life with in terms of marital relationship commitment (for however long the life of that particular relationship lasts).
Thank you for taking the time to respond! I actually thought a while after posting that I forgot to cite the quote. I am particularly drawn to " I do not believe the term 'soulmate' shares the same capacity as that of the term 'partner' or 'wife'..." That is food for thought.

Thank you for sharing
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #14
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

I belive we can have more than one soulmate ~~ in a life time ~~ such r the levels of love ~~ we change as we age ~~ and those who have been w. that one person and they make it work ~~ god bless ~
Old 02-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #15
peachy

How Do You Identify?:
Me

peachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputation

oh yeh I met my twin flame soulmate alright. I knew because the first time I heard her voice was like talking to my oldest friend even tho we didn't know each other yet. The same night I dreamt about her, this woman I didn't know. A vivid dream where she was excited to see me. It was like a reunion. Like she hadn't seen me for a long time. The first time I saw her was like coming Home. She could say a word, in a way that nailed me to the ground and made the earth stop moving.

I knew her like the back of my hand without her speaking. Like you know your sister or your twin. I know we were meant to meet and I'd go to the end of the earth for her if she needed me. How do I know she is my twin flame soulmate? Because she doesn't have my heart - She is my heart. We might not always be meant to be together or like each other but we always were meant to love each other. Because not loving her feels unbearable.

I have recognised other soulmates too. I believe we can be staring a soulmate in the face but if we are not ready to recognise them we won't. That's where the commitment comes in. I believe if we commit to love, we will find new soulmates and deeper connections with ones already in our lives.

pp

Caution: contains hard stone
peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #16
roxi

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

roxi is on a distinguished road
Question

Is there a possibility that some soulmates are inherent and some are chosen?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxi View Post
Is there a possibility that some soulmates are inherent and some are chosen?
I think anything is possible
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #18
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Oy vey. This is a tough topic for me. I used to believe in soulmates. Well, technically, I still do but I've had a really hard time with this word. I have had 3 people swear that they were my soulmate and all 3 of them turned out to be not soulmate relationships but karmic relationships that became abusive in some way. It is very easy to confuse the two.

Karmic relationships are about kinetic attraction and unfinished business. They are often abusive and trying but if you can survive them, they usually teach you very valuable lessons in life and help you grow spiritually. If you meet someone and the attraction is almost undeniable and the need for them is like a drug, this could be a sign of a karmic relationship and not a soulmate relationship, especially if you start arguing right away. Yes, it's passionate. Yes, it's intense. Yes, it's incredible. But it's also emotionally devastating and will leave you with a giant crater where your heart used to be for a while afterward.

I've also heard that soulmate relationships can be quite challenging too because this person was designed to help you grow spiritually as well but in soulmate relationships, you grow together, you don't spend time tearing each other down.