Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #3741
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmeh View Post
Lunch today is a huge salad with corn, cranberries, feta cheese, croutons, and sunflower seeds.

Zimmeh
Nice!!

I also did the giant salad lunch....organic baby greens, tomato, cucumber, sliced turkey breast, radishes...and I cheated with a little bleu cheese dressing. Yummy!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #3742
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

You and I need to take Angel and Jaxon to this place They ate organic and the sandwiches are just as yummy

Zimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Nice!!

I also did the giant salad lunch....organic baby greens, tomato, cucumber, sliced turkey breast, radishes...and I cheated with a little bleu cheese dressing. Yummy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #3743
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
Good morning healthies..

It was a challenging week & a half or so for me..
All i wanted to do was sleep, i felt mentally & physically exhausted.
i had no motivation whatsoever.. & finally, yesterday i reconnected..
thank goodness... i did have some moments of exercise, and i did continue to eat healthy, but really i tend to create hard moments for myself in my recovery & so happy i am out of that headspace now..

Today, i will celebrate with a walk around the lake..
i had planned to go to the gym, but something tells me that the sunshine and being at one with nature today is exactly what i need...

To each of you who posted about emotional eating.. i soo get it, i'm an emotional eater too and what counts is that we get back up, dust ourselves off and keep going...

Celebrating that with you all this morning.. because today, i'm bouncing back with you all! ♥ ((((hugggggz))))
I think you're absolutely right.....it's the "getting back up again and trying again" which is MOST important. And I find that it is easier to do because I know what to expect.....After 4 days off playing in Austin, I absolutely knew I had to get back on that bike, go and see that pimply assed 30 yr old trainer.....Interesting that he said, "thought you had given up already".....What a douchebag!!

It is already turning hot here in Tucson (should hit 100* by the end of the week) so I may have to make adjustments to the schedule so that I am watching the sun rise while exercising.....

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #3744
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I so hear you on the fresh air and communing with nature thing sylvie

When I'm really in a funk or stressed, the best thing I can do for myself is grab the dogs and head for the beach. A good 3 mile walk in the wet sand, with the waves tickling my toes, bright sunshine, watching the dogs run and play....does me a world of good, and not just physically.

In other news, I am contemplating the purchase of a treadmill desk....the idea being that you very slowly stroll as you work on the computer. The treadmill is specifically designed for extended, slow use....with a max speed of 4 miles an hour, but can run for 6 hours at a stretch without wearing out the motor.

It's a bit expensive....heck, lots of expensive....but it would keep me up and moving instead of sitting in a chair during the day.

Anyone had any experience with one?
Jo, I am actively trying to work with my company to have the option of having some desks like this available. We have very ergonomic desks at my company. I stand at my desk 10 hours a day, but would love to have the option of using the dreadmill (otherwise known as a treadmill) desk a few times a week. As a substitute, in the meantime, I am lucky enough to have a wireless headset, and when my customers take me on the life story safari, or on the rare occasion there are not calls waiting, I walk my quad(area where my team is located) at a brisk pace. It drives some of my co-workers nuts, but I think they are just stupefied by my drive to remain physically moving all day. They are also not impressed with my superior solo hacky sack skills, that I frequently work hard to perfect while talking to my customers. I've been told that hacky sack is "Soooo 80's". Damn whippersnappers!

In other news...

Just got back from the Doctor. I was happy to be able to rib him, once again, about all of the medications he has prescribed, that I refused to take, and now no longer have a need for. He is frequently amazed by my turning my average blood sugar from 370 average, to 90-110 average, without medication. Also, my cholesterol, while I continue to eat the "bad fat" and good fat, is absolutely normal, and my resting blood pressure is that of an athlete, though I am still on the path to my ultimate goal for weight loss. Another one he was frequently worried about was liver and kidney function. Both of which are well within normal range, for someone who eats more protein than is recommended.

Oh yeah, and I lost another turkey Whoooot! 15 pounds since my last visit.

Okay....end bragging rant...Sorry 'bout that.

I hope you are all having a healthy, happy and successful day. Thank you all for your honesty and support in this thread. You all rock!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #3745
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

That's fantastic Hollylane! Congratulations!!

I love the turkey thing....even though I'm hovering around a plateau weight where I spent many, many years (and I've read that contributes to the challenge but can be done)....it helps to remember that since this journey started I've lost 2 turkeys.

Honestly, I picture one on my stomach, and the other on my butt.....and feel pretty darn good about my progress so far.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #3746
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSchmooze View Post
I think you're absolutely right.....it's the "getting back up again and trying again" which is MOST important. And I find that it is easier to do because I know what to expect.....After 4 days off playing in Austin, I absolutely knew I had to get back on that bike, go and see that pimply assed 30 yr old trainer.....Interesting that he said, "thought you had given up already".....What a douchebag!!

It is already turning hot here in Tucson (should hit 100* by the end of the week) so I may have to make adjustments to the schedule so that I am watching the sun rise while exercising.....

Other Jo,
I do not miss those 100 degree temps in Tucson. Not one lick!

I just wanted to mention something though. I could not get myself to commit to a trainer until I found the right one.

I joined my gym because they had a trainer there that was a little more realistic to my needs. Mark is 63 years old, has an artificial hip, and this coming weekend, he is participating in a body building competition. I find him amazing, and inspiring.

He is engaged during every one of our sessions, really listens to me when I tell him about what I want to accomplish, and builds a training program around my more realistic goals and my existing sports injuries. He knows when I am pushing it too far, and he knows when I should be pushing harder.

I watch the other trainers at the gym, and they literally stand around looking completely nonplussed while their clients grovel and sweat at their feet. They are completely disconnected, and have no respect for the people who have come to them for help.

So, I thought, maybe it might be helpful to shop around for someone who is better suited to your personality, needs, and goals. It worked for me.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #3747
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
That's fantastic Hollylane! Congratulations!!

I love the turkey thing....even though I'm hovering around a plateau weight where I spent many, many years (and I've read that contributes to the challenge but can be done)....it helps to remember that since this journey started I've lost 2 turkeys.

Honestly, I picture one on my stomach, and the other on my butt.....and feel pretty darn good about my progress so far.
And back to the first Jo

Thank you

Make sure you go and pick one up at the grocery store, and really look at it, feel its heft, carry it around, remember what it felt like to carry around that extra weight, and most importantly...giggle about it afterward

My ass is too small, I would like to redistribute one turkey to that portion of my body. Please, and thank you.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #3748
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post

Other Jo,
I do not miss those 100 degree temps in Tucson. Not one lick!

I just wanted to mention something though. I could not get myself to commit to a trainer until I found the right one.

I joined my gym because they had a trainer there that was a little more realistic to my needs. Mark is 63 years old, has an artificial hip, and this coming weekend, he is participating in a body building competition. I find him amazing, and inspiring.

He is engaged during every one of our sessions, really listens to me when I tell him about what I want to accomplish, and builds a training program around my more realistic goals and my existing sports injuries. He knows when I am pushing it too far, and he knows when I should be pushing harder.

I watch the other trainers at the gym, and they literally stand around looking completely nonplussed while their clients grovel and sweat at their feet. They are completely disconnected, and have no respect for the people who have come to them for help.

So, I thought, maybe it might be helpful to shop around for someone who is better suited to your personality, needs, and goals. It worked for me.

I think that is an excellent idea. I have one in mind there at the gym where I work out - he is a Russian ex-KGB (or so he says) officer who actually salutes me every time I walk in the door!

And I can empathize and know about those trainers who are just standing around. I am ready for a change. In fact, one lady who is a member also, walked up to me and asked if I wanted to train with her and have the Russian as a trainer - something about a reduced rate if we trained at the same time with this guy. I would think it would give me some more incentive to do well.....

Thanks for the advice!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #3749
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

I also hear you on the emotional eating, today when I went to pick up my prescriptions I realized that I had very purposefully gone down the candy aisle to pick a treat. I chose hairbo gummy bears (my favourite!)downed half of them before I went back into the office and then finished the rest of the bag on the way home. That's day two of impulse buys with +300 calories. Then I got home and realized that my time has come and perhaps this was PMS associated which has often been an excuse for me in the past to: munch out, skip the gym etc. . .

I really feel like I should go to the gym but I'm super tired and a little painful, so maybe I'll just do some yoga and work my core here at home. It's sprinkling here but my pups love a good walk in the rain; guess I'll don my wellies and do that, too.

Thanks for the warm welcome ~ hope everyone has a lovely evening!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #3750
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Prayer to self:

Please refrain from going overboard on bad choices at tonight's working dinner at Old Wives' Tales...Where there are such delicacies on the menu as:

Spanokopita
Enchiladas Verde
Tostada
Carbonara Fusilli or Brown Rice

But what a great restaurant...Check this out:

DIETARY NEEDS

Over the years, our large moderately priced menu has expanded to meet a wide variety of dietary needs & preferences, such as food allergies, gluten and lactose intolerance, vegan and low carb/high protein.

Diners are empowered to meet their individual needs because the ingredients in the various dishes are listed on the printed menu and on the cards posted by the Soup and Salad Bar, including such details as type of non-hydrogenated oil and type of vinegar.

Any questions not answered by the printed menu can be directed at your server, who can check with our kitchen staff to make sure that your special needs are met.

Our current bread choices are Sourdough (vegan), Multi-Grain(vegan), Marble Rye(vegan), Gluten-Free Gold Honey (egg, but dairy-free) and Gluten-Free Teff (vegan).
Old 04-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #3751
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Just spent the last 20inutes doing the Just Dance 3 game with my roommates We are now going to play Kinect Adventures

Zimmeh
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #3752
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSchmooze View Post

Wow Jo, having a trainer like that can't be very motivating for you..
i've seen some trainers act that way towards their clients at the gym i go to, and i really can't grasp the need to make someone feel bad - or what they think that does for someone..
i think it's amazing that you push yourself to exercise despite the rudeness though.. good for you that you care about your health more, but hope you find someone that will be better for you, you don't deserve that..

if it were me, i would smile and be super nice and drive him crazy.. i work with a lot of negative people and my goal each day is "kill em with kindness" .. ♥

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #3753
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Prayer to self:

Please refrain from going overboard on bad choices at tonight's working dinner at Old Wives' Tales...Where there are such delicacies on the menu as:

Spanokopita
Enchiladas Verde
Tostada
Carbonara Fusilli or Brown Rice

But what a great restaurant...Check this out:

DIETARY NEEDS

Over the years, our large moderately priced menu has expanded to meet a wide variety of dietary needs & preferences, such as food allergies, gluten and lactose intolerance, vegan and low carb/high protein.

Diners are empowered to meet their individual needs because the ingredients in the various dishes are listed on the printed menu and on the cards posted by the Soup and Salad Bar, including such details as type of non-hydrogenated oil and type of vinegar.

Any questions not answered by the printed menu can be directed at your server, who can check with our kitchen staff to make sure that your special needs are met.

Our current bread choices are Sourdough (vegan), Multi-Grain(vegan), Marble Rye(vegan), Gluten-Free Gold Honey (egg, but dairy-free) and Gluten-Free Teff (vegan).
I was told that I had reason to celebrate, and I should just enjoy myself, so I did. I didn't go crazy though. It was a fun time, with good people, good debates, and good laughs. Oh, and I got another hiking trip planned with Andrew and Kristen out of the dinner meeting
Old 04-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #3754
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning everyone..

Getting changed here in a moment and heading out for my walk.. i'm between work shifts, and the walk around the lake did me soooo much good, that i'm doing it again today.. Not only wonderful physically, but so good for the mind and positivity factor for me too.. and it's beautiful out there again !!

Last week, i bought a box of 16 yogurts, and these ones were dessert selections.. i only ate one and decided to give them away - a girl at work said she'd take them off my hands.. Wow, talk about sugar cravings after eating those, i can't handle them at all..

Hope you all have a fantabulous kinda day!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #3755
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I think yesterday was eat everything in sight day. At least half of it was healthy.
With that being said, everyone have a great day!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #3756
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Tomorrow is belly-measuring day. ...first one since getting back to WW online.

*fingers crossed*
Old 04-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #3757
Lazy Daze

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,807 Times in 745 Posts
Lazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST Reputation

I am trying hard this evening to fend off my emotional eating...instead I took the furkids for walks and am drinking a bottle of water...on the other side of the house from the kitchen so I don't give in. I hate days like these.

On a more positive note...I am so proud of everyone's progress! You are all rockstars!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #3758
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Geez I miss ALOT when I'm away for days at a time ~ but I have to say that taking a few days, week however long it was, away from the Planet has rejuvenated me and is inspiring me to come back to track my progress. I do keep up with the thread and read pages when I have the chance ~ hopefully though now I will be able to keep up on the thread better. I have alot to tell, good things are beginning to happen to me and since I love this thread and all of my friends here, I figure that I will share with all of you!

About a week and a half ago I started to really use SparkPeople, and since I have it seems to be keeping me on track more than if I was just trying to get healthy on my own. I'm tracking my food everyday using their food tracker; I'm also tracking my fitness and since I began doing these things I've noticed how much more conscious of things I am as opposed to before. I had gotten so used to stuffing my face with the unhealthy stuff (chips, pepsi, chocolate etc) that I completely let myself go; I got to my largest weight last year (370) and finally said to myself that its time for a change. Since I began to track things on the SP website, I've noticed some basic changes; I've been active every single day for a week, whether its going for a walk or doing some work with my parents (will explain more later). I have been drinking nothing but water everyday (except for one can of diet pepsi around mid afternoon or so) and I'm not eating what I used to.

I've noticed some basic changes since I began a week ago; I do not feel nearly as sluggish as I did before, I'm much more alert and ready to get up and do things (even just simple things like chores). I can stand for longer periods of time without getting nearly as sore or tired as I once did; sure I still do get sore but its not like it was. I'm actually going for walks, getting myself out of my house instead of staring at the same four walls day in and day out. I bought myself a resistance band and weights that I've used once already, when I'm in my house and if I can't get out on certain days (its rainy, I'm babysitting my sister etc) I can use them along with exercises I have and I can do workouts here as well.

Another thing has changed, and this sometimes can be much more important than just weight alone ~ my attitude. I've spend a lifetime listening to people tell me that I can't do anything, I'll never amount to anything etc and for the longest time I believed them. I can't quite pinpoint what it was that finally made me start to alter my way of thinking, but its amazing what a positive attitude can do for someone. There is one other thing that has boosted my self esteem alot and its something I never thought would even be possible ~ work! My parents own a floral shop and unfortunately their full time guy quit on them (his last day was last friday) so my mom is working their again full time and now I am their part time helper. Monday I went in and basically just shadowed them most of the day, but helped them with little tedious things that needed to be done. Then I went in yesterday and she has me do two floral arrangements ~ me? I've never done one in my life but okay sure so I made two of them, and 10 mins after I finished the second one it sold Is that even possible? It is and I was pretty stoked that something I made sold so quickly. I went in again today and got to do two more arrangements, of which one of them sold too .............. so out of four arrangements that I've made since yesterday, 2 of them sold

That was quite the boost to my self confidence, which I've never had much of and it certainly is making me want to take better care of myself so that I can continue to move forward in life. I'm finally beginning to realize that I am worth having good things happen to me and slowly they are ~ this has been one of the best weeks that I've had in years and I won't allow anyone or anything to ruin that
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #3759
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Good morning healthies

I tried very hard to come up with an excuse for not going to Curves this morning. I ran through:
  • I'm really, really tired
  • I haven't washed my hair and it looks a little icky
  • I really have soooo much work to do for work
  • I have been really good about going and I deserve a break
  • I'm already hot and sweaty and I'm gonna feel really icky after working out

...and then I kicked my own butt, went in, and did my circuit.

I feel much better about it now.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #3760
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

Quote:
Good morning healthies

I tried very hard to come up with an excuse for not going to Curves this morning. I ran through:
  • I'm really, really tired
  • I haven't washed my hair and it looks a little icky
  • I really have soooo much work to do for work
  • I have been really good about going and I deserve a break
  • I'm already hot and sweaty and I'm gonna feel really icky after working out
...and then I kicked my own butt, went in, and did my circuit.

I feel much better about it now.
Sounds like me yesterday.
I did not see my trainer yesterday, but the
Russian was there. I have to get up the nerve to ask if he'll
take me on......we saluted each other and I went about
my circuit in silence until I almost fell off the machine
you do the pull ups on, 200 lbs of weights
came crashing down when my leg got stuck -
everyone there stopped, rushed over and asked if I was ok.....
I was sooooooooooo embarrassed......

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post: