Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
Well the 2x4 would really attract me Dee!!!!!!!! I would figure 1 of 2 things. Either she is really skilled in DIY home remodels in which case PERK and SWOON, or she needs a butch to help her in which case , it would be her lucky day if I was single at the time. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!

One would think.

Yaknow you can only spend so much money sending boxes to yourself hoping the UPS butch will get the hint...signing your phone number never works, they make you fix it.... You can only break so much stuff in a small office space before they start investigating.

you can only trigger the fire alarm so many times before they fine you, and that butch firefighter is never on duty when you need her to be. (Now i have my very own firebutch and She doesn't really like the fire alarm trick)

i nearly ripped off the floor trim in my office once to get the attention of our handybutch. It didn't work, she came in, fixed it and left shaking her head saying she was not exactly sure how that could come off like that. (Luckily she didn't see the heel print )

You THINK she would have gotten the message when that darn trim came off a second time, not to mention the desk drawer being stuck and that stupid light bulb that i just could not reach.

She DID however ask me to come see her toolbox and her truck. My truck was bigger but I didn't mention that.

Hey wait! Maybe i was the 2x4 femme! Honestly i could have done my own repairs because i am very handy that way but it sounded like a good idea at the time.

Actually i was not trying to catch a date, but just to OUT myself somehow as being gay, and i am sure in the end that happened but not without a LOT of effort and extra construction work on her part.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #82
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialjustice_fsu View Post
Attention all Femmes:

What do you say about gethering up JAGG and hauling him to the lumber yard and let him get cozy with some of those 2 x 4's.
I'm game! I have handcuffs and the skills to put them on you before you even realize they are there.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #83
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
I'm game! I have handcuffs and the skills to put them on you before you even realize they are there.

OMG! The visual I have going on in my head is film-making worthy.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #84
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialjustice_fsu View Post
OMG! The visual I have going on in my head is film-making worthy.
So, a trip to the lumber yard, with a butchnapped Jagg, handcuffs AND a camera?

Sounds like a great weekend to me!

Old 03-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #85
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
I think this is more common than some gals might think.

When I met my SO she was friendly, but not willing to (in her words) "scare the straight girl" no matter how much I batted my lashes. So, I flat out asked her if she was single. After she said yes, I told her she looked delicious in those vintage jeans and asked if I could buy her dinner one Friday night. I wasn't creepy stalkerish in my approach. Just to the point. If it had gone the other way, no harm, no foul.

My opinion, Say Something. Even if they turn out to not be available, you may have made someone's day by just making them realize they've "still got it"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
And saying something really flirty might make you assume we want to date you or as Snow says, get into your pants. i do not want to confuse anyone. i sure don't want to be rejected when i wasn't even on the make. So . . . .
That would be my hesitation in the direct approach. The natural assumption that I was interested in them even if all I wanted was to acknowledge them and be seen myself.

Of course, if they took it as attraction and asked me out.........

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 AM   #86
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
So, a trip to the lumber yard, with a butchnapped Jagg, handcuffs AND a camera?

Sounds like a great weekend to me!

I may or may not have a similar fantasy about this very thing. LOL
Old 03-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #87
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Quote:
I may or may not have a similar fantasy about this very thing. LOL
Hmmm. May or may not?

Should that read MAY or may not?

Old 03-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #88
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Thanked 1,486 Times in 315 Posts
Lady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
I've had a Femme self identify herself to me ONCE, and let me tell you, it couldn't have come at a better time, too!!

I was in the hospital a few years ago having a total knee replacement and those idiots (the surgical staff) put a LATEX foley (urinary) catheter in me. Well, it shut my kidneys down and was super painful. I kept telling my nurses how badly it was hurting, but they'd all dismiss me and tell me "Oh, no one is comfortable with those". I actually went into a full reaction with that and got little to no sympathy.

Until the second day, when I got a wonderful woman named "Lisa" for my nurse. Lisa was a Femme, thankG-dinSunnyHeaven!!!! She told me so, since I was just in my first year of transition at that time, but she recognized some of my more subtle changes and knew I was trans. When she introduced herself to me at the first of her shift, she gently leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Don't worry, you have "family" here and I'm going to take good care of you.". I know I had tears in my eyes when I realized what she was saying and I asked her, almost joyfully, "Are you a Femme??", to which she smiled and said, "Let me put it this way....My significant other is very masculine." Well, I told her my sad story of hurting so badly, and no one would listen, and could she please check the catheter and see if something was wrong. Well, she ended up pulling that damned thing out and she told me it was latex!!! She saw to it that I immediately got some medication to take my allergic reaction down. It took about a week, total, to get the reaction under control, but my kidneys finally started up and making urine again. I don't know what I'd have done without Lisa, that wonderful Femme, and her determination to take such good care of me. Thank G-d for her!!!!

Ladies, you DO make a difference to us, bois, boys, Butches and fellows. Don't be afraid to take those extra measures to let us know who you are. You might be quite pleasantly surprised!!!

~Theo~
On one hand this makes me so proud of my profession and the femmes that abound within. On the other hand, I am so pissed off that the rest of the staff there treated you so poorly. Could have fricken killed you and they would have been none the wiser. Really sad, but a valuable lesson here. I will always defend each and every patient I get, especially the ones that the rest of the staff abhor or dismiss for whatever reason. And I have seen many biases and supposed reasons for their dismissive attititudes. Bottomline it is unethical in a profession that prides itself on the very highest of ethics and honesty. I think the nursing board needs to be forewarned of such bs, imnsho. They have the power to educate and demand equal and fair treatment to one and all. Fight the good fight, mon ami.
Lady_Di is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #89
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hmmm. May or may not?

Should that read MAY or may not?

I think I will just let that be a big mystery. Haha. Let's do the math, shall we ? Kidnapped by a group of femmes handcuffed and hidden in a lumber yard , now what butch has thought about that once or twice, that's all I'm gonna say about that. (Sheepish grin)
Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #90
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Quote:
I think I will just let that be a big mystery. Haha. Let's do the math, shall we ? Kidnapped by a group of femmes handcuffed and hidden in a lumber yard , now what butch has thought about that once or twice, that's all I'm gonna say about that. (Sheepish grin)
Yeah be careful with that thought. I am really bad with directions and I may lose someone if I stash them anywhere. They would need a GPS locator, a flashing beacon etc for me to find my way back.

Especially in a lumber yard.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #91
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Yeah be careful with that thought. I am really bad with directions and I may lose someone if I stash them anywhere. They would need a GPS locator, a flashing beacon etc for me to find my way back.

Especially in a lumber yard.

Haha. Wouldn't be the first time, I was left behind. Just wasn't handcuffed. Lol
Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #92
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Quote:
Haha. Wouldn't be the first time, I was left behind. Just wasn't handcuffed. Lol
Handcuffed in a lumber yard with your butch-napper who is lost is not a good idea.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #93
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Quote:
Handcuffed in a lumber yard with your butch-napper who is lost is not a good idea.

It be tough trying to explain things to the local news stations and police. Lol
Old 03-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #94
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Quote:
It be tough trying to explain things to the local news stations and police. Lol
Hey! I bet the homemade video would go viral! We could be rich!

Old 03-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #95
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Ya know earlier on Medusa said she wore a necklace that said "femme" on it...well it made me curious because ive never seen anything like that. So I went on a little hunt and sure enough Etsy had cute little necklaces that say Femme on them, and I also found a site that you could personalize your own necklace for somewhere around $30. Not too bad!

On another thread someone had mentioned that maybe we (femmes) should wear some specific type and color bracelet so that we could be spotted and identified easily. What do you guys think about that?
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #96
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

only u princess would find just what someone is looking for !!! I <3 u ))
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #97
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I used to wear a 'Dyke' until the day I walked into a store and the guy behind the counter said, 'Who's Duke? Is he your boyfriend?'. Completely stumped for what to say I walked out of the store in silence.

I would wear a 'femme' however, in fact someone I know wears a femme...
Old 05-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #98
MaggieBluIze

How Do You Identify?:
Feisty Kick Butt Bratty Babygirl Femme LOL
Preferred Pronoun?:
Something Sweet Please =)
Relationship Status:
My rainbow bubble holds love, happiness and life with my sweet Husbutch Daddy Bass!

Thanked 5,385 Times in 1,504 Posts
MaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST Reputation

Hi *smile*

This last Sunday ...
Due to a laundry situation, had to borrow my g/f's boi polo ...
Due to a slight weight , wore my baggy khaki shorts ...
Due to lots of walking planned for our outing, I wore tennis shoes ...
Due to needing a haircut, had hair in ponytail ...

Result ... "They" SAW Me!!!

The butches I walked by SAW me ...
Said hello ... Nodded ... Smiled ... OMG!!!!!

This does NOT happen!!!!!
Not just once, but SEVEN times!!!!

It was so exhilarating ...
Till I remembered each time that I was not in my "normal" garb.
I would normally not look like "this".

In MY "normal clothes" today, walked past 3 butches at separate times, not even a half a glance.
Nothing!!!!!!!! It was a very sad moment, each time.

Femme Invisibility ... Yes, I know it well.

Last edited by MaggieBluIze; 05-08-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Changed Butchies to Butches ... Don't want to offend.
MaggieBluIze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaggieBluIze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #99
FemmeAllae

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

FemmeAllae Has the BEST ReputationFemmeAllae Has the BEST ReputationFemmeAllae Has the BEST ReputationFemmeAllae Has the BEST ReputationFemmeAllae Has the BEST ReputationFemmeAllae Has the BEST ReputationFemmeAllae Has the BEST ReputationFemmeAllae Has the BEST ReputationFemmeAllae Has the BEST ReputationFemmeAllae Has the BEST ReputationFemmeAllae Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
I propose the development of a new Iphone app called:

femme visibility.

it will work like a GPS tracking device.
Brilliant!
FemmeAllae is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FemmeAllae For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2015, 04:54 PM   #100
Clyde

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Queer Butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/They.
Relationship Status:
Butchelor.

Clyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST Reputation
Default <3 this

Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:

Tags
femme invisibility