Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #21
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

You are SUCH a .... Gem, Gemme.

Here is one theory.

my whole life sleep has been a battle. Since I was a child I have had horrific nightmares. I was attacked but a huge dog (i was not mauled or anything) but i was a wee thing about 5, and i remember e eit like it was yesterday. i hated that dog and knew he was big enough to jump the fence. His name was Dino. i remember seeing him hop over that fence and come my way. i ran, he ran faster and he got me when i was near my house. My father came running out and i could hear everyone screaming *DINO!!!!*. i was ok thank goodness and i never did see Dino again, but for YEARS i had nightmares not about that Dino, but about the Dino from the Flintstones that turned evil, and in my dreams he would gather up all his evil dog friends and wait for me, and attack me. i would go running to my mother who let me sleep on the floor next to her bed, which is where more monsters would hide.

As time went on, my nightmares morphed into other forms of *monsters*. It was always safer to just stay awake, until i was so dead tired i had to sleep.

These nightmares have plagued me forever, BUT for the past week, i have not had any.

My point is that i think this set the foundation for insomnia.
roflmao

Yes, yes I am.

Wow. Yeah, that would definitely lead to some sleepless nights. I'm glad things have improved for you lately.

For me, when I do have sleep issues it comes in batches. I'll be fine for a long time and then have a week or two where sleep is hard because I just can't get to bed or just can't get to sleep once in bed.

It goes back to my childhood, where I would only sleep in 1 to 2 hour increments and then I'd be on high alert in case my abuser tried to come into the room. It took years and years and years to stop that jacked up sleep cycle but it's so easy to slip back into one that is not healthy, so I have to be vigilant and even possessive about my time and how I use it at night. Curfews help.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 04:06 PM   #22
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
. . .

But I think what's worked for me in the past, especially when I could afford it because it can be costly, is going in to see a certified clinician for Energy Therapy. I once had several sessions with a staff practitioner who did energy work on my body by using acupuncture, plant essences and soothing touch/massage therapy.

There was a really nice article in the January 2017 issue of Prevention magazine that talked about energy healing arts in the field of Natural Medicine. You could look it up online at their website or maybe even try to see if your local library keeps copies of this magazine in their periodicals section.
I do love getting a massage and then going to sleep. Even better, a massage followed by a long, hot bath, and then sleep. But, this is an occasional luxury.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 09:20 PM   #23
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
roflmao

Yes, yes I am.

Wow. Yeah, that would definitely lead to some sleepless nights. I'm glad things have improved for you lately.

For me, when I do have sleep issues it comes in batches. I'll be fine for a long time and then have a week or two where sleep is hard because I just can't get to bed or just can't get to sleep once in bed.

It goes back to my childhood, where I would only sleep in 1 to 2 hour increments and then I'd be on high alert in case my abuser tried to come into the room. It took years and years and years to stop that jacked up sleep cycle but it's so easy to slip back into one that is not healthy, so I have to be vigilant and even possessive about my time and how I use it at night. Curfews help.
Gosh yes. i never even thought of this. As kids we would go to bed about 9 and my father would come home sometime later and the arguing would wake us all up. Funny how those things mold your life.

(((( Gem, because you are one ))))))
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #24
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I do love getting a massage and then going to sleep. Even better, a massage followed by a long, hot bath, and then sleep. But, this is an occasional luxury.
Me too, Georgia. It really does aid in helping your body to recalibrate and just feels so good.

I don't know what type of work sponsored health insurance you have, but my work sponsored health insurance plan allows the PPO (your primary physician ) to refer one out for certain alternative health treatments -- up to 5 visits, per each type of recommended alternative treatments.

So, I have the January 2017 issue of Prevention magazine, and the news article I posted about appears on pp's 64-73. On page 72, is a little green colored box of contact information for readers to use, to check and see if you can find a board certified technician and if they accept the type of health insurance one has, as counting toward payment of services rendered. There are 3 ways to find a practitioner for any method of treatment spotlighted in the news article (pp.72):

1) More than 3,000 sound healers are featured on the website at Sound Healers Association (www.soundhealersassociation.org)

2) Many energy healers have training in multiple therapies. On the website for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (www.nccaom.org) , you can search for practitioners by zip code, specialty or both.

3) The Boston Brennan School of Healing website (www.barbarabrennan.com) lists contact information for hundreds of graduates.

Seeing this story the other night when I couldn't sleep gave me the idea to look up and see if anyone at my Center for Natural Medicine might be listed as an credentialed, board certified healer. If I find someone locally at my center, then I'm gonna call and see if they take my health plan insurance and if they do, and my primary doctor can refer me to them, then I'm going to see about getting all three treatments (acupuncture, sound therapy and hands on healing therapy --with plant essences).

I'm feeling pretty relaxed tonight, so I'm headed to bed shortly, after a nice long bath.

I hope you and others and myself included get some good sleep tonight.....sweet dreams to all and Night Night.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 01:16 AM   #25
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

does anyone use PM medicated, Advil PM for example.

i think i am becoming immune. i took two (usually one) around 9 pm and i am wide awake.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 04:44 AM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

i think i am becoming immune. i took two (usually one) around 9 pm and i am wide awake.
I'll use it on occasion but not enough to build up a tolerance to it. It's entirely likely, if you do use it on a regular basis, that that is what has happened.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #27
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Me too, Georgia. It really does aid in helping your body to recalibrate and just feels so good.

I don't know what type of work sponsored health insurance you have, but my work sponsored health insurance plan allows the PPO (your primary physician ) to refer one out for certain alternative health treatments -- up to 5 visits, per each type of recommended alternative treatments.

So, I have the January 2017 issue of Prevention magazine, and the news article I posted about appears on pp's 64-73. On page 72, is a little green colored box of contact information for readers to use, to check and see if you can find a board certified technician and if they accept the type of health insurance one has, as counting toward payment of services rendered. There are 3 ways to find a practitioner for any method of treatment spotlighted in the news article (pp.72):

1) More than 3,000 sound healers are featured on the website at Sound Healers Association (www.soundhealersassociation.org)

2) Many energy healers have training in multiple therapies. On the website for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (www.nccaom.org) , you can search for practitioners by zip code, specialty or both.

3) The Boston Brennan School of Healing website (www.barbarabrennan.com) lists contact information for hundreds of graduates.

Seeing this story the other night when I couldn't sleep gave me the idea to look up and see if anyone at my Center for Natural Medicine might be listed as an credentialed, board certified healer. If I find someone locally at my center, then I'm gonna call and see if they take my health plan insurance and if they do, and my primary doctor can refer me to them, then I'm going to see about getting all three treatments (acupuncture, sound therapy and hands on healing therapy --with plant essences).

I'm feeling pretty relaxed tonight, so I'm headed to bed shortly, after a nice long bath.

I hope you and others and myself included get some good sleep tonight.....sweet dreams to all and Night Night.
Thanks, Kätzchen, that is incredibly useful information. I'm going to see what I can arrange!

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 07:45 PM   #28
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Thanks, Kätzchen, that is incredibly useful information. I'm going to see what I can arrange!
You're so welcome! And thanks for letting me know. I hope it proves useful to others too, if by chance they explore and learn that there's an possibility of getting this kind of therapy too.

I'll keep all of you posted too, on what I find out.
I probably will be able to get some sort of idea on my situation by late April, early May.

Last night I slept fairly deeply, but not as long as I would have liked to slept. I am going to start my bedtime rituals a little earlier tonight. I spent some time outside today and although it's still kind of a struggle to walk, I walked with my walker for about an hour or so.. Going down three flights of stairs and going back up them, after an afternoon walk on the property was tiring, but I'm trying to build up my strength. I see the Cardiologist on Wednesday (I thought my appt was tomorrow).

I hope to get some good news. I'll learn about the results of my month long heart study, the extensive echocardiogram testing and other heart news trivia.

I've got my fingers crossed for good news.

_____ ______
Old 04-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #29
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:

I used to take that occasionally, last summer, and it seemed liked it worked? But as time went on and I needed it more, it kind of didn't work....so I quit taking it. I know that's probably not too newsworthy, but my concern taking it was about it messing with my allergies because it's like taking those benadryl tablets, with out the advil part. I've heard or maybe I read it on the bottle, that if if doesn't help you after two weeks of use, that you should see a doctor about your specific situation.

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 08:29 PM   #30
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I can't sleep, so I have broken into my last remaining box of Girl Scout Thin Mints. I also lowered the temperature a little, so maybe that will help. I didn't get much sleep last night, so I have really got to get some tonight. If none of this works, I might try a glass of .

- Prince
Old 04-10-2017, 08:39 PM   #31
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Night night

_____ ______
Old 04-18-2017, 07:23 PM   #32
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

In the early hours of the morning, last Friday, something really really bad happened in my neighborhood. So, since last Friday, tragedy has affected practically everyone, including myself. I have had a hard time getting to sleep...I usually turn in for the night around 9:00-9:30pm, but since last week, I can't seem to sleep, worried over my own safety.... like, last night, I couldn't fall asleep until way after 1:00am.

I hope it's different tonight, that I can fall asleep and catch up somehow, at least feel more rested in the morning.

_____ ______
Old 04-19-2017, 02:38 AM   #33
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

MORNING!! i am up before the petty cardinal....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 04:13 AM   #34
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,486 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

Wellllll I finally got sleep but only because I took pain pills for My back which I do not like doing but it was pretty bad..
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 06:27 AM   #35
NavyButch
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sir, Captain

NavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST ReputationNavyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I seem to be plagued by insomnia lately or at least not enough sleep. I am not sure why but I am looking into my day to day stuff to see what the cause might be.
NavyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NavyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2023, 02:28 AM   #36
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I don't know why this thread petered out, except everyone must be getting excellent sleep these day.

Everyone except me! I went to bed 4 hours ago and I can't find a single comfortable position. My back hurts and my knees hurt, and there's no position that is comfortable to all 3. I took 800 mg. of ibuprofen, and my knees are better but it hasn't touched my back pain. I tried the heating pad, no luck. I took an extra half of a sleeping pill, hoping it would just knock me out, but no cigar.

Aaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh!

- Prince

Tags
insomnia, sleep