Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Travel: Beautiful Places & Spaces

I didn't really see a category for travel here, so I made a place where people might want to share about places they have been to - or have yet to visit!

I haven't traveled much outside the US - I did spend a vacation in Kuai once; it was incredibly beautiful there! And, I've lived in various places on either coast (east or west) or even visited states in the US where the geography of the region takes your breath away!

I'm leaving this photo tonight because I often dream about visiting England and I found this beautiful lake! It's dreamy, yes? Maybe someday, I will travel to England and see all the beautiful architecture in various places and see serene spaces, such as below!

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Big Sur

You can't go wrong visiting Big Sur on the California Coastline. I took my sweetheart there for her birthday last year and had a beautiful suite overlooking the cliffs and the ocean. It is an amazing place!

Provincetown is also a great place to go! If you have never been, it is definately worth planning a trip to go. I've been twice and we are going again very soon for our wedding! I'm looking forward to going there again.

And finally, one of my favorite places to go is the Smokey Mountains in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I've been more times than I can count and I'm hoping to get a trip together for us in the not so distant future. I could visit those mountains every year and never get tired of them!

Happy Travels everyone!

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Paris, France, Europe...........

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Paris, France, Europe...........

Are you thinking about visiting their wine regions, too???

The French Alps are certainly a place I would love to see first hand!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler41 View Post
You can't go wrong visiting Big Sur on the California Coastline. I took my sweetheart there for her birthday last year and had a beautiful suite overlooking the cliffs and the ocean. It is an amazing place!

Provincetown is also a great place to go! If you have never been, it is definately worth planning a trip to go. I've been twice and we are going again very soon for our wedding! I'm looking forward to going there again.

And finally, one of my favorite places to go is the Smokey Mountains in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I've been more times than I can count and I'm hoping to get a trip together for us in the not so distant future. I could visit those mountains every year and never get tired of them!

Happy Travels everyone!

Glynn
Definately - about the Big Sur area! I've been there on many ocassion - truly spectacular! I think the closest I ever got to the Smokey Mtn's was when I was very little and we went to see relatives in Arkansas - the Ozarks - I remember seeing a passion play there. Truly beautiful!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

It's dreamland time for me, so I think I will dream about a far away place tonight!

*Sweet dreams to all*

ps/ the *blue sparkly* far away place
(Copenhagen - the Mermaid of the Sea)!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #7
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Lake Tahoe
http://www.visitinglaketahoe.com/

Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #8
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default great thread!

my favorite city. one of my favorite places to live & visit.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Scotland.....

Ireland.....

Wales....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #10
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I think Diva should put up a picture of her place because when traveling to Austin, it's a must stop at and visit destination.....

.........................that is all

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #11
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

Hawaii is always in my heart and if you can afford to visit you will not be dissapointed.....go to the big island or kauai and see what paradise on earth really is.....
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #12
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I think Diva should put up a picture of her place because when traveling to Austin, it's a must stop at and visit destination.....

.........................that is all

There's a picture of my home in my Gallery.....but it's nothin' like these pictures!!! lol The magic is found in those who visit, I'm thinkin'.....<smile>

Old 12-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #13
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Blue sparkly notes for tonight: Mikhail Bakhtin & Russian Tea

It was so nice to see this forum thread in my files tonight!

A big thank you to Sparkle for sharing her very beautiful places ...
I have heard about the 12 Apostles from friends who have been
fortunate to visit this beautiful rock sanctuary on the Melbourne coast!

_______

I wanted to leave a special post tonight in this forum...

I've been reading a bit about a Russian philosopher of language, literary critic and semiotician Mikhail Bakhtin and his ideas around dialogism, carnivalesque, and his Philosophy of the Act: Bahktin makes three claims regarding the acknowledgment of the uniqueness of one's participation in "being:"

1) I both actively and passively participate in being;
2) that my uniqueness is a given but it simultaneously exits only to the degree to which I actualize my uniqueness;
3) Because I am actual and irreplaceable I must actualize my uniqueness.

(reference)

Liapunov, V. & Holquist, M. (Eds.) (1993). Mikhail M. Bakhtin's Toward a philosophy of the act. Translated by: Vadim Liapunov. Austin, TX: Austin Texas University Press.

SoOOoOoOoo,

Here's a little quote I found while perusing some materials at the library today:

True open seriousness fears neither parody, nor irony, nor any other form of reduced laughter, for it is aware of being part of an uncompleted whole (...) it does not deny seriousness but purifies and completes it. Laughter purifies dogmatism from the intolerant and the petrified, from fanaticism and pendantry, from fear and intimidation.

--M. Bakhtin

Someday....
I would love to visit Russia but until I am able to, I am happy to leave a photo here tonight of a beautiful place I would love to see one day...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #14
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

What a beautiful philosophy, thank you.

"that my uniqueness is a given but it simultaneously exists only to the degree to which I actualize my uniqueness"
I love this sentiment.

I would love to see Russia as well, particularly St. Petersburg

When I lived in London and had easy (& super cheap) access to Europe - I traveled to "warmer" climates almost exclusively. Now I would like to explore Northern & Central European capitals: Reykjavik (I loved Laerkin's photos), Copenhagen, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Krakow, Dubrovnik

But there is so much more of the world to see, such incredibly beauty and adventure everywhere --- I'm not sure when I'll make it back to Europe again.

My next big plan is to explore South America, does anyone have any stories or photos to share?
Old 09-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #15
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation
Default Key West

Key West was a common vacation spot for my family when I was a kid. St. Augustine is my hometown and Florida in general was our playground.

My recent assignment has me working in Key West for several days while you guys are living it up at the reunion.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

In my backyard...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #17
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default The Milky Way over Tajinaste (Teide National Park, The Canary Islands, Spain)

Visiting the Canary Islands has been near the top of my to-do list for ages...

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #18
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Idyllic.

The Four Seasons' beach, Kona Village, Hawai'i
Old 06-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #19
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Leaving in a few hours for the Russian River area of Sonoma County. I spent the summer there last year and will spend two months there this summer. It's my second favorite place in California. I just love it. I have to catch the cats first and then endure two hours of yowling in the car. But it's worth it. Poor babies. They like it too -- once they arrive.

Friends staying with me much of the time. One weekend trip to hear some Bluegrass. Russian River Brewery and Lagunitas nearby. It's a good way to spend the summer. River, redwoods, vineyards and breweries, and a stone's throw from Jenner and the Sonoma coast. I wish my summer breaks at the new job were longer, but it's a good job, and we get extra weeks off during the year. Anyway, so long South Bay. . . .

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #20
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

I took the Amtrak Starlight down to visit a friend who came up for a training in her state agencies' office and while waiting for the train to arrive from Seattle, I sat in the train station lobby next to a rather large group of Amish people from Indiana. They were going to be on the same train, going down to Klamath for this leg of their journey, but they had just come from seeing Banff National Park (in the Calgary/Edmonton area of Alberta, Canada). The group of Amish were composed of six sisters (with their husbands) and their mother and father. They were on their 'trip of a life time,' that all of them saved toward over the past year. They have a family owned business, back in Indiana, so it took a lot of time and preparation to be off for three weeks. The very last car of the Starlight (coastal Amtrak) train was reserved for them - it was a turn of the century car from the late 1880s, early 1900s. They traveled to Banff first, then they're at the Redwoods in Crescent City today and then, they travel down further to the grove of Redwoods in Yosemite, CA.... to finish their summer vacation before returning to Indiana.

Anyway, I've always wanted to take an extended vacation to go see both Jasper National Park and Banff National Park.

_____ ______