A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Ladies Man

A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2016, 10:19 AM   #20982
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2016, 07:00 AM   #20983
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Bizarrely hilarious vintage ads.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #20984
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Holiday weekend is here. Get your ducks in a row dammit.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2016, 07:54 PM   #20985
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 12:59 PM   #20986
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2016, 07:16 AM   #20987
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Anyone ever had mornings, or whole weekends like this?

When I was a bitty boi, my mom put her hair in curlers, you remember these curlers, seemed like they were made of barbed wire. Sharp to the touch. Anyway, one morning I recall vividly she had forgotten she had put the curlers in the night before, passed the mirror and had a minor cardiac event. Laughed so hard, she was not amused.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #20988
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #20989
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #20990
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

This Glow-In-The-Dark Bike Path Is Powered By The Sun

On the right track to preventing nighttime accidents.

Poland is kicking the concept of a traditional bike trail to the curb.

On Sept. 23, the rural town of Lidzbark Warminski opened a short biking path that glows blue in the dark. Charging by day via the sun, the special section of trail is a new addition to a larger recreation path that leads up to Wielochowskie Lake.

European engineering company TPA sp. z o.o designed the technology that lights this segment of the bike path. The asphalt contains synthetic particles called “luminophores,” which at night emit power captured from sunlight, creating the electric blue hue. TPA says the glow lasts up to 10 hours, according to Polish newspaper Gazeta Olsztyńska.

This segment of bike trail isn’t just pretty; it’s also supposed to be practical.

“We hope that the glowing bicycle path will help prevent bicycle and pedestrian accidents at night,” Igor Ruttmar, TPA president and CEO, told ABC News. “It’s a problem here in Poland, especially in the areas farther from the cities that are darker and more invisible in the night.”

*If not for the avarice nature of fossil fuel companies, the entire planet could be well on its way to harnessing the suns energy in clean and safe effective ways.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2016, 04:29 PM   #20991
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Reconstructed 3D Home Reveals Ancient Pompeii

This is an Ace-inspired post. Thanks for telling me about this, Ace—very cool, indeed! Too bad the Internets ate the post you wrote.

=========================

This reconstructed 3D home reveals ancient Pompeii before Vesuvius struck

The calm before the storm.
PETER DOCKRILL 5 OCT 2016

Archaeologists have virtually reconstructed an ancient Pompeii house in 3D, revealing the beauty of a well-to-do Italian home almost 2,000 years ago.

The project, which recreates the dwelling of a wealthy Pompeii banker called Caecilius Iucundus, gives us our best look yet at what living conditions were like in the famous city before the devastating eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.

The reconstruction builds upon the work of the Swedish Pompeii Project, which began in 2000 at the Swedish Institute in Rome and is now overseen by researchers at Sweden's Lund University.

Scientists led by archaeologist Anne-Marie Leander Touati conducted 3D scanning of a Pompeii city block during fieldwork expeditions between 2011 and 2012, and the plush home you can see in the video below is one of the first 3D models to be completed as part of the virtual restoration:

"By combining new technology with more traditional methods, we can describe Pompeii in greater detail and more accurately than was previously possible," says one of the researchers, digital archaeologist Nicoló Dell´Unto.

The city block the researchers scanned with hand-held laser scanners and a drone is called Insula V1, and was chosen because it was situated at the crossing of two of Pompeii's main thoroughfares.

Because of this centralised location, the researchers say it was a privileged position for both commercial activity and stately living.

This helps to explain some of the grandeur of Caecilius Iucundus's envisaged living space – at least, before the fiery destruction wreaked by Mount Vesuvius, that is, which is estimated to have claimed more than 2,000 lives.

The researchers acknowledge that details of the virtual home come from a variety of sources.

Some of these sources are objective – such as decorations that are still preserved on site – while others are more speculative, based on archaeologists' best interpretations of what the architecture and lifestyle in ancient Pompeii really looked like nearly 2 millennia ago.

In the interests of authenticity, the researchers haven't populated the reconstruction with virtual family members, visitors, and slaves, but they say the large dwelling would have been filled with people both day and night.

While Iucundus wasn't part of the ruling political elite in Pompeii, we know from his surviving correspondence that he was a very wealthy man.

His home was designed to let as much light in as possible to enable him to work, with the house's most decorated room being called the tabularium, where Iucundus would have seen to his affairs.

Insula V1 features two large wealthy estates in addition to the banker's home, plus a tavern, a laundry, a bakery, and several gardens – one of which had taps for a fountain left running at the time of the eruption, the researchers say.

While the primary purpose of the video is to provide the public with a glimpse into the conditions of ancient Pompeii life, the overall aim of the research is more scientific – the team will be sharing their entire 3D data set and workflow, "to make the reconstruction process completely transparent and available for researchers and students".

Awesome – and that means it's possible too that we could be seeing a lot more of ancient Pompeii soon.

You can watch the researchers explain more about the virtual reconstruction project in the video below:

The research is reported in Scires It.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2016, 06:09 AM   #20992
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Texas judge officiates same-sex, then quits Republican party.

A Texas judge has quit the Republican Party after officiating his first same-sex marriage, deciding he had had enough of its intolerance.

A Texas judge has quit the Republican Party after officiating his first same-sex marriage, deciding he had had enough of its intolerance.

Jennings said when some mentioned that many Republican judges might not be willing to preside over a same-sex marriage, “that’s when I started thinking, Well maybe I’m not in the right party then.”

“Today’s Republican Party has chosen a dark path I cannot take,” Jennings said at a Democratic fundraising dinner over the weekend, where he officially made the announcement that he was switching parties.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/10/t...ublican-party/

*High five sir. Thank you for listening to your heart and to your kids.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #20993
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2016, 11:49 AM   #20994
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Arrow -gigglesnorts-

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2016, 06:54 AM   #20995
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Let me introduce you to my husband-wife.

A couple of months ago, I got married. It was, in many ways, traditional — I wore an elaborate white dress; my beloved, a tailored suit. I tossed my bouquet. In other ways, it was not — we walked each other down the aisle, hand in hand. After we exchanged our vows and made out before our community, the officiant (a friend who had become an ordained minister via the Internet) gazed down upon us. “I now pronounce you … married!”

We were never going to be pronounced ”man and wife,” my partner and I — firstly, because it’s gross and archaic, and secondly, because my brand-new spouse is not a man.

She looks like a man, though. Much more than she resembles a woman. She’s lanky and lean. Wears button-down shirts and dress pants she buys online from Topman , a U.K.-based retailer that sells menswear in XS. Her hair looks like a Pomade advertisement from the 1950s, so short the nape of her neck feels like velvet after a salon visit, the sharpest, straightest side part painstakingly combed into the shine of it.

And speaking of advertisements, my former fiancée did a wee bit of modeling, for a website that focuses on the style and fashion of women like herself — masculine, to put it simply, or what was once called butch, a word that can feel a little 1990s, if not 1960s. To get radical academia about it, she’s genderqueer, or gender-variant, or gender-nonconforming, all of which fall into the roomy transgender basket. The photos were so hot that they wound up in the wedding section of the New York Times.

My partner is not a man — she doesn’t wonder whether she should begin a course of testosterone, as many of our friends have done. That’s not her path. She does go by a male name, preferring it to the female one she grew up with. She doesn’t ask people to call her ”he” — though if you do so by mistake, she doesn’t mind. In most all ways cultural and social, my partner is a boy. It’s just that she’s a girl.

http://www.ozy.com/true-story/let-me...mpaign=US_LGBT
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2016, 08:31 AM   #20996
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Happy Sweetest Day to Everyone Here on the Planet!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2016, 05:47 PM   #20997
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Arrow Transperancy...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2016, 08:07 AM   #20998
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Sunday silliness

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 10:28 AM   #20999
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Arrow Art of Tamara Madden

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 02:37 PM   #21000
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Arrow Your life gives hope...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:

Tags
randomly, randomly post, stuff