Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #4061
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepfordfemme View Post
[SIZE="5"][B][SIZE="7"][*]Please do not leave people hanging as this is going to be a 1-for-1 exchange.

This is a 1-for-1 exchange. I'd like for us all to get something really awesome!~
I would like to do it by random draw of all participants names--Everyone signs up...then I draw and let you know your receiver.
I do have a question ...... as we are only making ONE piece of art, should we not send it directly to the receiver?? This would be less costly as we would only pay our initial postage. Or, perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #4062
stepfordfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme-inist.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones :)
Relationship Status:
I really really like someone.

stepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
I do have a question ...... as we are only making ONE piece of art, should we not send it directly to the receiver?? This would be less costly as we would only pay our initial postage. Or, perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

Deb
Totally valid point! I didn't even think of it like that.

Do we all have it in us to do 9 small projects?

I think then it's just a size modification so as to not be crazy expensive!

I like doing the swap, but I didn't want to overwhelm everyone!!!

Thanks Sis!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #4063
stepfordfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme-inist.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones :)
Relationship Status:
I really really like someone.

stepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Change of Plans! (it's my first wrangle I swear)

DEADLINE IS JULY 15th

This is BOLDED for emphasis as we have a participant that is signing up under the premise that I can meet her travel window.
Please do not over commit yourself.
Please do not sign up if you dropped out of other projects.
Please do not be late

As wrangler, I'm going to reserve the right to look back at your previous posts and see how you've fared in previous projects in terms of drop outs. You can all PM me if you have any questions about this.

Theme

Puzzles!

Interpret this how you will, use puzzles in your work, or as part of your work.

Secret cryptex, decoder keys, 2 in 1 projects, game pieces as artwork, hidden compartments, surprises!

I want to give you all a chance to use your imagination for the piece....Altoid tins, small trinket boxes,magnets, small canvas artwork, business card holders, bracelets, keychains, you name it....

Sizing
All pieces MUST BE no bigger than lets say... An Altoid Tin or a regulation sized deck of cards. Think light and small sized!

Participation
This is a 9 piece exchange! Way more fun that way....but a bit more work Time to get creative!

Lets say 5-8$ American to cover postage. Pay what you can.

LIMITING THIS TO 10 PARTICIPANTS MAX

Please ask me any questions before I start the sign up (Will open this up for sign up Saturday AM)

This is my first wrangle so I'd like to get some feedback before we start sign up. I'm hoping everyone is still in!

I will do a sign up post Saturday AM to make sure there are no unanswered questions prior! Thanks everyone!

PS....Thanks for point out my need to change the plans Sis...totally helpful for my first time wrangle!

Last edited by stepfordfemme; 05-01-2014 at 05:57 PM. Reason: I am having a rough day with bolding lol.
stepfordfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stepfordfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #4064
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I don't know about all of you, but I'm hooked on projects. I'm going to throw this out and if more than me likes this idea, I'm going to give it a whirl.

How about a project before the July project? I have ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I'm down with that, Besame! Go for it!

*cough cough*

What are we going to do? Besame first? There are 2.5 months till July 15th?

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #4065
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I honestly liked the one to one swap idea better and what sis mentioned I also like as we send directly to our person of trade. Having folks do more than so many on such a timely piece takes a lot of time and energy and towards the end pieces start to fail. I'm only speaking for myself as I know this in my style. Smaller projects are easier to do a large trade.

Still a good idea about size and price but I won't be participating if it isn't one to one.

I hope that it goes to the original idea because I'd like this idea.

ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #4066
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

If we do Stepfordfemme's project as a potentially 9 piece exchange, I think we should delay Besame's until after because we'll need that time, especially with needing not to be late because of the special nature of making sure our sister Deb gets her projects before returning to China!

Stepfordfemme, the idea looks totally cool to me! I have to say I love how you wrote:

"Please do not over commit yourself.
Please do not be late

As wrangler, I'm going to reserve the right to look back at your previous posts and see how you've fared in previous projects in terms of drop outs. You can all PM me if you have any questions about this."

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #4067
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

My fave project was Ami's where we had to make stuff with only the cool stuff she mailed us. I first dreaded it (out of having to leave my comfort zone), and then loved it!

I also have a special place in my heart for the green project. Why was that so damn memorable

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #4068
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I know you all have done inches and half-inchies but can you give an idea of some of the other projects you all have done? I know I can go back in this thread and look but I seem to remember that there might have been a thread like this on the Dash site.

Either way, what was one of your favorite projects? I can see why people love to do this. I had a good time doing mine and can't wait to see everyone else's!
I think my ultimate favorites were Jennifer's PostSecret projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
That was ages ago. The letter magnets you did are on the fridge.
Ditto!

I love the lime green splash of color on my fridge.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #4069
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepfordfemme View Post
DEADLINE IS JULY 15th

This is BOLDED for emphasis as we have a participant that is signing up under the premise that I can meet her travel window.
Please do not over commit yourself.
Please do not be late

As wrangler, I'm going to reserve the right to look back at your previous posts and see how you've fared in previous projects in terms of drop outs. You can all PM me if you have any questions about this.

Theme

Puzzles!

Interpret this how you will, use puzzles in your work, or as part of your work.

Secret cryptex, decoder keys, 2 in 1 projects, game pieces as artwork, hidden compartments, surprises!

I want to give you all a chance to use your imagination for the piece....Altoid tins, small trinket boxes,magnets, small canvas artwork, business card holders, bracelets, keychains, you name it....

Sizing
All pieces MUST BE no bigger than lets say... An Altoid Tin or a regulation sized deck of cards. Think light and small sized!

Participation
This is a 9 piece exchange! Way more fun that way....but a bit more work Time to get creative!

Lets say 5-8$ American to cover postage. Pay what you can.

LIMITING THIS TO 10 PARTICIPANTS MAX

Please ask me any questions before I start the sign up (Will open this up for sign up Saturday AM)

This is my first wrangle so I'd like to get some feedback before we start sign up. I'm hoping everyone is still in!

I will do a sign up post Saturday AM to make sure there are no unanswered questions prior! Thanks everyone!

PS....Thanks for point out my need to change the plans Sis...totally helpful for my first time wrangle!
I'm interested but work all day Saturday and won't have internet access until late evening. May I pre-sign up so I don't miss out?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #4070
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

[QUOTE=Gemme;907106]I think my ultimate favorites were Jennifer's PostSecret projects.

Thanks, I love to host a Post Secret once a year (or thereabouts). One of my favorite secrets that someone sent (and I think this was from like 10 years ago back on the dash pen pal thread) was when someone just scrawled on a piece of paper, "We drove a good ten minutes before we realized that we'd left my mom at the rest stop." I don't know why that cracked me up!

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #4071
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I'm interested in doing this and this will be my first project. Can you only use an Altoid peppermint tin or can you use something else?

Thanks

Zimmeh
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #4072
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Hey, Zimmehhhh, please refer to Stepfordfemme's post about the project. Also if you sign up, you pretty much must regularly keep up with the posts on this thread or things get confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmeh View Post
I'm interested in doing this and this will be my first project. Can you only use an Altoid peppermint tin or can you use something else?

Thanks

Zimmeh

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #4073
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Hi, Zimmeh, in answer to your question, SF wrote:

"I want to give you all a chance to use your imagination for the piece....Altoid tins, small trinket boxes,magnets, small canvas artwork, business card holders, bracelets, keychains, you name it...."

So I take this as you can use something else similar as she describes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmeh View Post

Thanks

Zimmeh

How do I... ?
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #4074
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Oh yeah,,,,and another one was the Barbie Doll project, that nycfem sent out..It was Altered Barbie..and.... I had never played with Barbie before. It was fun to create a Steelers Trans Player...
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #4075
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing all the ideas being tossed around and LOVE the enthusiasm in this thread! So much fun

I think it might be fun to have a project where we all have to reproduce a famous work of art using only non-traditional items. Like, say, the Mona Lisa out of Cheerios that have been colored with food coloring! Anyway, I know we already have a bunch of projects lined up but I am already brewing to host one later this year!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #4076
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing all the ideas being tossed around and LOVE the enthusiasm in this thread! So much fun

I think it might be fun to have a project where we all have to reproduce a famous work of art using only non-traditional items. Like, say, the Mona Lisa out of Cheerios that have been colored with food coloring! Anyway, I know we already have a bunch of projects lined up but I am already brewing to host one later this year!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!
Wheeeeee. what a great idea..
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #4077
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I, too, am enjoying the zeal and activity going on in here!!
I was all set to join this project....for first time...but I will be "in the air" jetting down to that little island for a week...on the beach...sooo....I would love to join the next one. I will be back in a week.....no phones...no internet.....ahhh the turquoise waters will lull me to sleep each night....
I can't wait to see the next project...
chuckling and SMH...rainbow dyed cheerios...I LOVE it. ^5 'Dusa!!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #4078
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you!

Zimmeh

Quote:
Hey, Zimmehhhh, please refer to Stepfordfemme's post about the project. Also if you sign up, you pretty much must regularly keep up with the posts on this thread or things get confusing.
Quote:
Hi, Zimmeh, in answer to your question, SF wrote:

"I want to give you all a chance to use your imagination for the piece....Altoid tins, small trinket boxes,magnets, small canvas artwork, business card holders, bracelets, keychains, you name it...."

So I take this as you can use something else similar as she describes
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #4079
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
If we do Stepfordfemme's project as a potentially 9 piece exchange, I think we should delay Besame's until after because we'll need that time, especially with needing not to be late because of the special nature of making sure our sister Deb gets her projects before returning to China!

Stepfordfemme, the idea looks totally cool to me! I have to say I love how you wrote:

"Please do not over commit yourself.
Please do not be late

As wrangler, I'm going to reserve the right to look back at your previous posts and see how you've fared in previous projects in terms of drop outs. You can all PM me if you have any questions about this."

ok, I will pass this wrangle up. I'm excited to get my creative mojo on...come on Saturday morning!

Stepfordfemm...your rules rock!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #4080
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

okieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputation

My apologies, I'm afraid I'm the reason the half inchies are going out late, I've been in and out of the hospital with chest pains and it took a bit to start feeling human again, to name just one event.

Have you gotten mine yet? And-damn it!-I forgot to sign them! It's a puzzle, by the way.

Quote:
Received half-inchies so far from nycfem (me), Gemme, Amiyesiam, CCB, and Besame's are on their way. I plan to mail out on May 1st so please make sure I have them all by then, thanks. I am awaiting (but they are not late just getting close): Tommi, Kajira, Medusa, okieblu, and nanners. Thanks everyone! So far so great! Everyone's is nice and different as always!
okieblu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to okieblu For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types