Notices

Old 11-29-2018, 09:37 AM   #401
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Got a tea enthusiast to buy for?

Adagio Teas 617 N State St, Chicago

I would normally go to The Coffee and Tea Exchange over on Broadway but my nephew's wife introduced this place to me! AMAZING selection and very helpful staff. I would have to say a bit higher in price than The Exchange tho
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2018, 10:18 AM   #402
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Greer 1013 W Webster Ave, Chicago

Greeting cards, writing instruments, stationary, etc. etc. A store we all discovered together on our way back to our hotel.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #403
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Book lovers do not miss this store..

Myopic Books 1564 N. Milwaukee Ave Chicago

Me and my grandniece are avid readers, my nephew and his wife not so much so we while they indulged in adult beverages we snuck off and investigated their three floors of books here! If you can't find it here, I doubt you'll be able to any place!
Old 11-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #404
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

If you're going to be in Chicago and want pizza............

Pizano's Pizza & Pasta 864 N State St, Chicago (there are other locations as well)

It's impossible to say who has the best pizza in Chicago, but this place has to be one of them! Plenty here besides pizza too!

I have posted this before no doubt, but after a recent visit, it's remains top on my list!
Finally a place I could introduce my clan to! We opted for the Sausage & Peppers and it did not disappoint!
Old 11-29-2018, 10:51 AM   #405
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Hotels are $$$ in Chicago......

But without a doubt this is one of the best bargains around!
Old 11-29-2018, 11:11 AM   #406
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default If you enjoy "toy stores" check this one out.......

Early to Bed 5044 N Clark St, Chicago

After my family headed back home Sunday I left downtown & moved out to the Andersonville area and ended up what I thought would be a day and half there turned into two and a half days thanks to a snowstorm!

I'm not usually one to go to "toy stores" but this one attracted my attention! It was unreal the amount of stuff they had cramed into such a limited space. It was well organized, clean, brightly lite, and very trans friendly IMHO..
Old 11-29-2018, 11:26 AM   #407
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Inkling 2917 North Broadway Chicago, IL 60657, Chicago

Greeting cards, gift wrap, candles, soaps, lip balm and tons of other merchandise. Cute little store definitely worth checking out ..
Old 11-29-2018, 11:34 AM   #408
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Strange Cargo 5216 N Clark St, Chicago

Funny, Retro &so much more than just t-shirts.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #409
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Visiting and seeking some great Mexican Food?

Diamante Azul 5661 N Clark St Chicago

Excellent nachos and no nobody was dining outside but that could of been due to the fact that snow was falling......
Old 11-29-2018, 12:07 PM   #410
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Visiting and looking for a Southern Twist?

Big Jones 5347 N Clark St Chicago

One afternoon I stopped in and ordered the Skillet Cornbread & Soup du Jour to warm myself up! Both were wonderful and did the trick!
Old 12-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #411
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Recently I picked up my photos at Costco from my Windy City Adventure ( I use toss a-way Kodak cameraS and yes I saw some eye rolls and heard a few snickers) and came across a picture of us here at

Streeter’s Tavern 50 E Chicago Ave, Chicago

playing Ping-Pong & Foosball. This was a fun little spot and I believe we hit it just right for Happy Hour!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2018, 11:41 AM   #412
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Soupbox 2943 N Broadway St Chicago,

There may be other locations as well..
Old 12-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #413
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Sammich 2137 E Burnside St, Portland. She also has one in Ashland Oregon & perhaps a food truck in the Portland area as well!

This was featured on Diners, Drive-In & Dives and some day I pray I get here..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #414
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Last night they showed this on Triple D (Diners Drive-Ins & Dives) and it just so happens I'm planning on being in Chicago Thanksgiving Day weekend (or perhaps even sooner) so I'll be checking it out personally for myself!

Bella Luna Cafe 731 N Dearborn St
Old 12-11-2018, 05:15 PM   #415
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Going to be in Seattle anytime soon? If so, check out Hello Robin Bakery 522 19th Ave E, Seattle, WA.

We checked out this place and gobbled up several (they are small but nonetheless) of their famous Mackles'more cookies on a recent trip across the water to Seattle!
Just picked up a few these again yesterday! Thrilled to report they are still as delicious as ever!
Old 12-11-2018, 05:23 PM   #416
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Christos on Alki Beach is a great place to share some lunch or a late date appetizer with really good coffee..the view is amazing...

This is alive and well and still going strong Miss Kitty.......
Old 12-11-2018, 05:25 PM   #417
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

If you're going to be in the Seattle area, check out Emerald Smoothies!
I believe this one is the bigger store on Broadway, but there are multiple locations throughout the city..
May I suggest the Coconut Passion?
Old 12-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #418
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

If you're flying into Chicago's O'Hare field and are unsure of what mode of transport to take to get downtown, by all means take the blue line El train that runs right under the airport terminal station! TRUST me on this, ESPECIALLY if it's during rush hour! As you go sailing past the "parking lot" of an expressway hopefully you'll remember this post and smile to yourself!
This bears repeating especially if there is any sporting event happening in the city!
Old 12-11-2018, 05:44 PM   #419
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Pike Place Chowder and prepare to be amazed..if you're into chowder- great place to take a date, homoe---------j/s

Didn't have a date but Mary and I stopped in!

She loves chowder but me, not so much so I was holding out for pizza!
Old 12-11-2018, 05:55 PM   #420
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Old Edison Tavern-Seafood, Good Vodka and Amazing Salads-cozy, relaxed, atmosphere..spent many an evening listening to music and visiting with friends
This looks like a good destination for a day trip sometime! Is it at 5829 Cains Ct in Edison, WA?