Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 08-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Eating Disorders ~

This post is an extremely hard post for me - & i couldn't find a thread on Eating Disorders, so thought i would make one.. i'm not one to start threads, but this is one i felt 'i' needed - and not sure if there are others here who could use this thread, but it would certainly be a huge help to me to share and have others share - because as strong as i feel some days - my everyday is a huge fight within, between temptations, my anger letting go of certain foods, practicing abstinence with the no-no's for me & mostly, trying to overcome the things of my past which serve as ways for me to break down emotionally - in other words trying to stop finding reasons to do this, and be a healthy, happier & more well balanced me..

i would like this thread to serve any kinds of Eating Disorders, not just ones like mine, because i've learned in my meetings, many feelings and are quite similar and i constantly learn & grow into a stronger me when i share and when others share with me.. The support & encouragement is much needed, at least for me..

A little about me: *takes a deep breath*

i'm on a journey to a healthier, happier me.. The hardest part of my journey so far has been admitting not only that i have an eating disorder, but that i needed some serious help.. Admitting it to myself has been a huge step in itself, but letting the people who care about me know was almost just as hard - because now i'm kept accountable. i have been formally diagnosed as a binger & purger (i was diagnosed as bulemic in my younger years) and stems from that, of course.. the first few years, i binged & purged however for many years after, it's been binging once my doctor found me out, with the occasional purging when my emotions get the best of me.

i have a lot of anger towards letting go of my food, binging (and purging) has been a source of comfort for me for years.. It was my peace of mind, when i had no control on anything else in my life, i could control that. Over the course of about 10 years, i have pushed family and friends out of my life, i stopped doing things for myself and i let my self esteem sink .. my weight gain has been a source of pain for me, and anytime i lost weight, i did so the unhealthy way - and it's very hard for me to wrap my head around letting go of foods and not eating emotionally and letting go of the anger within... it would be so much easier to starve myself, or purge what i eat and lose weight - but i'm learning the healthier thinking pattern and i know deep down this is stinkin' thinkin' and i need to work everyday at being a healthier me - it's now going to be a lifetime commitment.

i have been to counselling sessions, i have attended some various groups for stress, and coping - and i've even attended some OA meetings, online as well as offline.. i am working on sharing this side of myself, because for so many years i've been hidden, for SO many people in my life, even my own children and i have a lot of people in my life who care about me and love me, and i want to be healthy and extend my life - not dig my own grave.. i have so much to live for, and in saying all of this, i am admitting i need further help - sharing my daily struggles, my moments of weakness or celebrating my strengths.. (it's sooo important for me to find ways to really celebrate my strengths these days)

i often post in the Healthy Weight thread, and feel GREAT when doing so.. i get so much motivation there about staying on track and healthy tips etc.. But this, is a motivation i need of a different kind and i know that thread isn't about Eating Disorders and getting help.. i have contemplated starting this thread for awhile now, but i'm shy, and admitting this truth of mine is difficult.. But the more i do, and the more resources i have for help, the better for me (and possibly anyone else who struggles also)..

If there was anyone else who wanted to share, or post here i'd be so appreciative.. But if not, i could certainly use the thread to get my own thoughts and struggles out.. Everyday is something it seems, and i'm so tired of beating myself up.. i need to seek help, i AM seeking help... Even if its just getting this out to the Universe - it's something a little more than the venues i have right now...

i also know this is a very touchy topic and not everyone wants to share publicly, i am open to making friends who are in similar situations, and am a PM away, because as much as i need the help myself, i'm a great ear for listening - and would lend any advice i could of my own too.

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

This post is an extremely hard post for me - & i couldn't find a thread on Eating Disorders, so thought i would make one.. i'm not one to start threads, but this is one i felt 'i' needed - and not sure if there are others here who could use this thread, but it would certainly be a huge help to me to share and have others share - because as strong as i feel some days - my everyday is a huge fight within, between temptations, my anger letting go of certain foods, practicing abstinence with the no-no's for me & mostly, trying to overcome the things of my past which serve as ways for me to break down emotionally - in other words trying to stop finding reasons to do this, and be a healthy, happier & more well balanced me..

i would like this thread to serve any kinds of Eating Disorders, not just ones like mine, because i've learned in my meetings, many feelings and are quite similar and i constantly learn & grow into a stronger me when i share and when others share with me.. The support & encouragement is much needed, at least for me..

A little about me: *takes a deep breath*

i'm on a journey to a healthier, happier me.. The hardest part of my journey so far has been admitting not only that i have an eating disorder, but that i needed some serious help.. Admitting it to myself has been a huge step in itself, but letting the people who care about me know was almost just as hard - because now i'm kept accountable. i have been formally diagnosed as a binger & purger (i was diagnosed as bulemic in my younger years) and stems from that, of course.. the first few years, i binged & purged however for many years after, it's been binging once my doctor found me out, with the occasional purging when my emotions get the best of me.

i have a lot of anger towards letting go of my food, binging (and purging) has been a source of comfort for me for years.. It was my peace of mind, when i had no control on anything else in my life, i could control that. Over the course of about 10 years, i have pushed family and friends out of my life, i stopped doing things for myself and i let my self esteem sink .. my weight gain has been a source of pain for me, and anytime i lost weight, i did so the unhealthy way - and it's very hard for me to wrap my head around letting go of foods and not eating emotionally and letting go of the anger within... it would be so much easier to starve myself, or purge what i eat and lose weight - but i'm learning the healthier thinking pattern and i know deep down this is stinkin' thinkin' and i need to work everyday at being a healthier me - it's now going to be a lifetime commitment.

i have been to counselling sessions, i have attended some various groups for stress, and coping - and i've even attended some OA meetings, online as well as offline.. i am working on sharing this side of myself, because for so many years i've been hidden, for SO many people in my life, even my own children and i have a lot of people in my life who care about me and love me, and i want to be healthy and extend my life - not dig my own grave.. i have so much to live for, and in saying all of this, i am admitting i need further help - sharing my daily struggles, my moments of weakness or celebrating my strengths.. (it's sooo important for me to find ways to really celebrate my strengths these days)

i often post in the Healthy Weight thread, and feel GREAT when doing so.. i get so much motivation there about staying on track and healthy tips etc.. But this, is a motivation i need of a different kind and i know that thread isn't about Eating Disorders and getting help.. i have contemplated starting this thread for awhile now, but i'm shy, and admitting this truth of mine is difficult.. But the more i do, and the more resources i have for help, the better for me (and possibly anyone else who struggles also)..

If there was anyone else who wanted to share, or post here i'd be so appreciative.. But if not, i could certainly use the thread to get my own thoughts and struggles out.. Everyday is something it seems, and i'm so tired of beating myself up.. i need to seek help, i AM seeking help... Even if its just getting this out to the Universe - it's something a little more than the venues i have right now...

((((((Sylvie))))))

It takes a lot of courage to talk about things that are so very personal and i am so proud of you for sharing your story.

I was once anorexic. I was in my early 20s had a baby, a really bad life, was gay and in a bio marriage to a "not so nice" person. I would go days and not eat. I got down to 50 pounds under my ideal weight. It wasn't a body image problem. It was a "i hate my life" problem and this was the only thing i knew i could control. And, oh i did. My family and my friends were constantly begging me to eat, it made me more determined not to. The days of not eating grew longer and then i went almost a week. Finally, i was admitted into the hospital. I was so runned down and so frail and weak. The docs were going to start tube feedings but i refused.

I'm still not sure what happened. But, one night i was laying in St. Mary's hospital bed and a nun walked in. She saw me crying and she sat with me for hours and helped me see that life is what you make of it. She reminded me of that little baby i had at home that was totally dependent on me. That i had good parents who loved me and were there for me. I was being selfish. It clicked. I was lucky.

To this day i'm sure she doesn't realize she saved my life. Sometimes it takes a light bulb moment or a friend to touch your heart in a way that just works. But, the eating disorder doesn't ever fully go away and it is always a struggle...i believe that anyway. I still have to be careful to eat sometimes. But, i don't do this on purpose any longer and i certainly, by any sense of the imagination, have an underweight problem. But, food taken or not taken is a controlling power that is easily used and abused when we hurt deeply. I feel for you honey. I am so happy you are making good choices about yourself.

I am proud of you. I am proud of me. You are right, it is wonderful to get that positive energy flowing and i feel that from you.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default courage

Sylvie,

I just wanted to applaud you for your post, your honesty, your struggle against that disease, and applaud you for your COURAGE in your fight.

I am closely allied with several Eating Disorder Facilities in this country, and know the fight that people with this disorder have to deal with on a daily basis. I also KNOW first hand from these facilities that people CAN and DO recover!

I wish you strength and continued courage in your fight.

Ann
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,587 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

i think pretty much everybody knows i'm a recently-recovered anorexic, as i have discussed it on a whole buncha threads now.

for me it was caused by extreme partner abuse. when i finally got out of the situation i figured the fact that i had survived meant i was ok- but the trauma from that situation stayed with me and controlled everything for the next two years, manifesting in a very extreme way in my anorexia but also in a whole host of other compulsive and isolating behaviors

so the moral of the story is- seek counseling for trauma! don't just assume you can limp out of Hell and into the rest of your life without processing it- because one way or another you'll be forced to deal with it!

Last edited by dark_crystal; 08-23-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: non-standard spelling
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dark_crystal For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 05:41 AM   #5
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
((((((Sylvie))))))

It takes a lot of courage to talk about things that are so very personal and i am so proud of you for sharing your story.

I was once anorexic. I was in my early 20s had a baby, a really bad life, was gay and in a bio marriage to a "not so nice" person. I would go days and not eat. I got down to 50 pounds under my ideal weight. It wasn't a body image problem. It was a "i hate my life" problem and this was the only thing i knew i could control. And, oh i did. My family and my friends were constantly begging me to eat, it made me more determined not to. The days of not eating grew longer and then i went almost a week. Finally, i was admitted into the hospital. I was so runned down and so frail and weak. The docs were going to start tube feedings but i refused.

I'm still not sure what happened. But, one night i was laying in St. Mary's hospital bed and a nun walked in. She saw me crying and she sat with me for hours and helped me see that life is what you make of it. She reminded me of that little baby i had at home that was totally dependent on me. That i had good parents who loved me and were there for me. I was being selfish. It clicked. I was lucky.

To this day i'm sure she doesn't realize she saved my life. Sometimes it takes a light bulb moment or a friend to touch your heart in a way that just works. But, the eating disorder doesn't ever fully go away and it is always a struggle...i believe that anyway. I still have to be careful to eat sometimes. But, i don't do this on purpose any longer and i certainly, by any sense of the imagination, have an underweight problem. But, food taken or not taken is a controlling power that is easily used and abused when we hurt deeply. I feel for you honey. I am so happy you are making good choices about yourself.

I am proud of you. I am proud of me. You are right, it is wonderful to get that positive energy flowing and i feel that from you.

i know that lightbulb moment very well.. it was a lightbulb moment which helped me see the reality of what i was doing to myself, and needing the help to get this under control after a lil over 10 years...Deep down i knew what i was doing and that it wasn't good for me, but the abuse to myself was very welcome until just recently.. i kept it hidden, and did my absolute best to push people out of my life merely so no one would find out, of course.. my love of food and abusing my system like this came first, just like any other addiction ..

So having that light bulb moment where i realized a/the damage i was doing to myself and my body and b/ the damage i was doing to those who loved me and i kept pushing away happened one day... i had started a self journey of trying to build my self esteem and was at a plateau, where i needed to face some things about myself which were continually beating me down and not letting me make real progress - this being one of those things.. so it was time to come to terms with it, even if it was just telling my doctor and secretly trying to get the help...

Of course, over the time of counselling, it became apparent i needed more than my doctor to know and i gained a real need to overcome this, or to try for the sake of not only me but the people who love me.. Today, i have a drive everyday to be better than this - and most days i use my tools and resources to keep strong.. i have talked about my Eating Disorder with a few people in my life (my children, Mtn, my parents, some family and some people i work with) because in all of these areas of my life, they help keep me accountable... Most days, i am content with that - then i have some hard days which aren't so easy and i get bent up with that stinkin' thinkin' of mine..

And i know that struggle of feeling selfish, and guilty.. that feeling is so overwhelming.. Day before yesterday after a long while of doing so well, i had a bad day.. i binged (not near as bad as i would have) because the guilt took over - and i didn't have to purge, however i merely have to think about doing so and i can be sick when i am in that state of mind, and i was some.. So this post not only is for a means of support for me, but i'm trying NOT to be hard on myself and to take each day as a new day.. But the feelings of selfishness, guilt and ahhh, disappointment, i can't even describe right now.. how does one stop being so damn hard on oneself, i need to forgive myself and keep moving forward and not dwell on this so much.. i think other people sharing their situations with me, may be exactly w hat i need in finding my way to self forgiveness, or at least seeing its possible.. i know it has to be a process and probably different for everyone..

Niki, (((((huggggs))))) , i can't express how thankful i am that You shared this with me..and i truly am so happy that you not only had your light bulb moment, but that it's not dictating your everyday or that you dont struggle so hard with it now..i would love that for myself one day, some days i feel willing and able, but i get reminded often i'm no where really near that.. Maybe this will be a struggle for life for me, right now it's about dealing with the inner stuff and situations of my past, finding forgiveness for people.. but mostly, forgiveness for myself, and healing.. truly healing... and learning different ways to deal with my emotions..

So your sharing inspires me, very much and i'm so grateful - your sharing has been a tremendous help to me in the past re: my father, and your ability to be so honest and helpful, makes me smile big.. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, xoxox

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 05:44 AM   #6
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasPiscesGrrl View Post
Sylvie,

I just wanted to applaud you for your post, your honesty, your struggle against that disease, and applaud you for your COURAGE in your fight.

I am closely allied with several Eating Disorder Facilities in this country, and know the fight that people with this disorder have to deal with on a daily basis. I also KNOW first hand from these facilities that people CAN and DO recover!

I wish you strength and continued courage in your fight.

Ann
Ann, thank you so very much, between the posts from you all here in this thread and the touching reps i received, it helped settle my anxiousness about posting this thread.. Seeking help is hard to do, especially when it's something you've grown so used to hiding - i really do appreciate your words so much... Every bit of encouragement and support i receive these days is so helpful to me and motivates me to strive a little harder..

i am fighting, and continue to fight...thank you for your kind words & support.. ((((Ann))))

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 05:53 AM   #7
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
i think pretty much everybody knows i'm a recently-recovered anorexic, as i have discussed it on a whole buncha threads now.

for me it was caused by extreme partner abuse. when i finally got out of the situation i figured the fact that i had survived meant i was ok- but the trauma from that situation stayed with me and controlled everything for the next two years, manifesting in a very extreme way in my anorexia but also in a whole host of other compulsive and isolating behaviors

so the moral of the story is- seek counseling for trauma! don't just assume you can limp out of Hell and into the rest of your life without processing it- because one way or another you'll be forced to deal with it!

i did not know you were a recovered anorexic, so am so very happy you shared with me here - thank you!

i, too, now know that i developed this as a young child due to events in my life as a means to have control over something - in an appointment i had for an intake to diagnose me recently, they told me i was diagnosed as a bulemic - and this was something i didn't know..

Since finding that out, i am coming to terms with the fact that stuffing the hurt down all these years has not been a help to me, and needing to deal with it.. Counselling was a huge factor in my wanting to help myself more..

i really appreciate your advice, and will continue to seek help through counselling and the courses they've been suggesting for me.. Right now, i am visiting a dietician on a regular basis and also getting ready to start a course called Craving Change - after that i start cognitive behavioural therapy.. All these things combined with the therapy and programs thus far, are helping me have healthier thoughts as far as eating and exercise and treating myself better in the longrun.. But also, to help really deal with those past demons as well that have been a source of constant hurt and easily triggered - which caused me to hurt myself more deeply.. Vicious circle..

Thank you again for your advice and sharing your story.. i really appreciate hearing your thoughts, so much.. ((((dc))))

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #8
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Last night, i attended an OA meeting online..
i find this a useful tool for me, because the OA meetings here in Saint John are only on Monday nights and Saturday mornings, which is when i almost always work..
It is nice to know i have something i can depend on when necessary in the comfort of my home..but i need to learn to USE it more, even on days i feel strong, to help me build strength to overcome the challenges coming to me ..

The online meetings are daily, and every 3 hours, so it's always convenient to find a time to go.. Last night, however, was the first time i was taking something negative from the meeting.. And i managed to get ahold of my own thoughts and removed myself from the meeting, recognizing that it's NOT what i can and will be doing to myself anymore - and so it was a nice feeling to have that bit of control - i felt good that i felt strong enough to overcome those bad feelings .. (celebrating my success at any level is important)

Practicing abstinence is one of the most difficult things i've had to do, especially with 2 teenagers who forget what i go through and bring no-no foods into my safe zone.. It takes every bit of strength i have in me to walk away or not obsess how much i want a taste too...i feel weak and want to be strong enough to handle being around people and the food they choose to eat, and not obsess it.. Not going places with certain friends such as restaurants or get-togethers, because they refuse to understand the battle i have each day and still wave temptation under my nose as a means to drive me crazy.. One of those people being my father, who will deliberately bring something into my house without my realizing, and then eat or drink it smacking his lips and saying mmmm, don't you wish you could have some too? It's simply not nice, and i know i have to be vocal about him NOT doing that, not in my home - it will no longer be tolerated.. (but i just wish i had the strength to NOT let these things bother me anymore, sigh) ... one day, hopefully!

As a binger, prior to getting help, there were many instances i would grab something and hide someplace and stuff it in my mouth, whether hungry or not..At home, my safe zone "then" was having the ability to get as much junkfood, or piling my portions on my plate at mealtimes as high as i wanted to, and eating until my body couldn't handle anymore.. The amounts of food i stuffed into me every single day is alarming, and downright embarrassing..

i try to think of these things, to help me gain strength to be a better and healthier me today..

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #9
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not a binger and/or purger...I'm not a good thrower upper and if I am doing so, please get me to the hospital asap as it's usually a sign of me being terribly ill...but I do have an unheathly emotional connection to food.

For me, I'm not sure it's so much about control as lack of control. When I eat, I zone out. It's like freaking happy time for my mouth and I want more, more, more.

Last year, I started a food journal and workout log and worked out and really paid attention to what I was putting in my body. I felt better and lost a good chunk of weight. Then I started at my job and I was so darn tired from the commute and work itself (I spend at least a quarter of the day outside, which is quite wearing on the body in this heat) and the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was think about what I needed to eat and/or working out.

It's taken the better part of a year, but I've gained all my weight back at this point. Now, I'm in that floaty place where I know what needs to be done, know that I can do it (after all, I just did it not so long ago) but the motivation to do it is just not there. And so, I sit here idling away. No worse, no better.

Come to think of it, I take back what I said earlier. I do binge. Was it you, Sylvie, that said 'as much as my body would hold'? Well, I go beyond that sometimes. To the point that I look, honestly, like a pregnant woman in the beginning of my third trimester. It's terribly uncomfortable and just makes me feel worse once I realize just HOW much I ate.

I appreciate you starting this thread. Motivation and celebrating the good things, small and large, are definitely helpful in gaining more control over one's eating patterns. I look forward to reading more.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #10
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I never thought I had an eating disorder untill I had to face the fact that I had near eaten my way to being a diabetic,even then I was in denyal for a while.I mean fruit is healthy...right....bread is or was supose to be good for ya.I mean food is what keeps me going from one carb high to another day after day.What really brought it to me like a cold slap in the face was over the last mardi gras season,I was takeing some pies that had sat in the friges for a fue days so I desided to throw them away...I did ok till the last one,a pecan pie.I walked to the fridge to take it out to the trash on way out the door I picked up a fork ..one more bite for the road.....wrong...I sat on the trunk of my car at 10pm stuffing as much pie in my mouth as I could.I swear I heard a voice say, Hey fool look what u r doing,I stoped to c who it was then I realise it was my inner voice telling me each bite was like playing russian roulett one bite at the time.I had to finaly admitt I was ging to have to own up to my eating habits and fast.Over all now some months later I have changed my eating habits slowly one day at the time to where im in controle of what goes in my mouth.I journal every thing I eat and journal how I feel before I do anything..it has kept me acountable to myself.I have lost weight,inches and two pants sises,I have gone from 303 to 249 since January of this year.I have some more to go but I know I can get there and maintain it when I do.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #11
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Just a note, purging isn't just about throwing up. There's various ways to purge.

Also, purgers can have some very serious medical conditions on down the line if they keep this kind of behavior up for too long.

Upon hitting menopause (age 46, early menopause also caused by purging) I found that I had the bone density of an 80 year old woman. After years of medications and lots and lots of Calcium and Vitamin D, I'm now up to Osteopenia, but it took years to gain that bone density back.

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #12
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm not a binger and/or purger...I'm not a good thrower upper and if I am doing so, please get me to the hospital asap as it's usually a sign of me being terribly ill...but I do have an unheathly emotional connection to food.

For me, I'm not sure it's so much about control as lack of control. When I eat, I zone out. It's like freaking happy time for my mouth and I want more, more, more.

Last year, I started a food journal and workout log and worked out and really paid attention to what I was putting in my body. I felt better and lost a good chunk of weight. Then I started at my job and I was so darn tired from the commute and work itself (I spend at least a quarter of the day outside, which is quite wearing on the body in this heat) and the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was think about what I needed to eat and/or working out.

It's taken the better part of a year, but I've gained all my weight back at this point. Now, I'm in that floaty place where I know what needs to be done, know that I can do it (after all, I just did it not so long ago) but the motivation to do it is just not there. And so, I sit here idling away. No worse, no better.

Come to think of it, I take back what I said earlier. I do binge. Was it you, Sylvie, that said 'as much as my body would hold'? Well, I go beyond that sometimes. To the point that I look, honestly, like a pregnant woman in the beginning of my third trimester. It's terribly uncomfortable and just makes me feel worse once I realize just HOW much I ate.

I appreciate you starting this thread. Motivation and celebrating the good things, small and large, are definitely helpful in gaining more control over one's eating patterns. I look forward to reading more.
Ahh Gemme, the more i read this post the more i was nodding and soo knowing what you meant.. Especially with work, my work hours are a bit all over the place and when i work split shifts and 12 hour shifts, the last thing i feel like doing is taking the time to prepare something healthy AND working out.. especially after being on my feet all day - i still struggle with that today.. i do walk to and from work, which is only about a 10-15 min walk each way, but i think my body is adjusted to that now because i always walk to work.. So it's frustrating, VERY frustrating...

Yes, i did say that i would binge as much as my body would hold.. When i said that, i meant exactly what you meant cept it wasn't explaining it right, my body can hold much more than my appetite allows me, so my overeating is stuffing things inside me regardless of how full and digusting i feel, it 'is' a horrible feeling, especially when i finally shake myself out of my food coma and feel the effects of abusing my body the way i had..

My emotions of course take over, and i am SO hard on myself, and i get the negative thinking within, that im worthless and deserve to gain that weight back and it just shakes my confidence altogether that i've spent so long building up to keep myself motivated.. Then it becomes a vicious circle if i dont stop myself, now that i've binged and probably gained weight, i may as well eat that dang cookie, cuz its not going to matter.. Oh and well may as well eat junkfood for the rest of the day now and start new tomorrow.. my tomorrow really never comes, when i get in that frame of mind..

i know the bloating and feeling like a pregnant woman - i deal with that often too and it's strange when i stay on track, i notice mostly in my stomache that i lose first, so just goes to show what doing this to myself really does..

i'm so sorry about gaining your weight back Gemme, i didn't realize but you CAN do it, even when working.. We should work together and find ways to eat healthier and a workout routine around our work hours, i could really benefit from a healthier plan while working.. i do well on my days off or my short workdays, but i get myself in a real pickle when i'm working...

i also deal with emotional overeating, thats one huge stressor on my binging right there.. Monday, i got upset over the fact i had to delay the trip by two weeks to go see Mtn, i was to leave Sept 14 and now had to move it to Oct 3 due to passports - my heart was SOOO set on Sept 14.. What did i do? i lost control and overate , my portions were ridiculous and i felt SO awful for what i did, that i started again being hard on myself and again just not paying attention to what i was eating again and i really had to get myself back on track..

my weigh in today showed a 4 lb gain.. :: sad sigh ::
it's going to be a rough day, i can feel it.. i'm trying so hard not to be hard on myself, but 4 lbs in one week? takes me a friggin' week to lose 2 lbs!

thank you for sharing with me Gemme, and thank you for being happy for this thread, if any of you can use it or find benefit of having this thread here too, then that makes me happy.. i was scared to post it because a/i have a hard, hard time sharing this part of me, and b/i was scared no one else would understand or want to post in here..

i know it takes a great deal of courage to admit these things, and thought at least if i put it out there, even if people didn't post, someone might be reading and benefit from my struggle in some way to help themselves.. So, the same for any of you who post too, i really, truly thank you! Not only helps others, but me as well! ((((((((Gemme)))))))))

Old 08-25-2011, 08:06 AM   #13
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I never thought I had an eating disorder untill I had to face the fact that I had near eaten my way to being a diabetic,even then I was in denyal for a while.I mean fruit is healthy...right....bread is or was supose to be good for ya.I mean food is what keeps me going from one carb high to another day after day.What really brought it to me like a cold slap in the face was over the last mardi gras season,I was takeing some pies that had sat in the friges for a fue days so I desided to throw them away...I did ok till the last one,a pecan pie.I walked to the fridge to take it out to the trash on way out the door I picked up a fork ..one more bite for the road.....wrong...I sat on the trunk of my car at 10pm stuffing as much pie in my mouth as I could.I swear I heard a voice say, Hey fool look what u r doing,I stoped to c who it was then I realise it was my inner voice telling me each bite was like playing russian roulett one bite at the time.I had to finaly admitt I was ging to have to own up to my eating habits and fast.Over all now some months later I have changed my eating habits slowly one day at the time to where im in controle of what goes in my mouth.I journal every thing I eat and journal how I feel before I do anything..it has kept me acountable to myself.I have lost weight,inches and two pants sises,I have gone from 303 to 249 since January of this year.I have some more to go but I know I can get there and maintain it when I do.
First of all, a super huge congratulations to you on the weight loss.. wow, that's fantastic, seriously!
i often worry about diabetes as well and honestly, i have no clue why i dont have it, considering the amounts of food i have eaten , high in sugar, salt etc.. i get tested every so often and it always comes back with great sugar results, so ive been very lucky.. Not to say it wouldnt have happened if i would have continued though..

But i sooo know the feeling, on that binging and devouring the food and hearing that voice.. my voice sadly tells me the opposite, to keep going.. i know it's a bad thing and that's my fight right now, keeping myself accountable and making these changes despite what the inner me is telling me to do.. i kind of have to step outside of myself sometimes and look at the big picture, what my goals are and what do i have to do to achieve them.. But it takes one little mistake of putting something in my mouth that i shouldn't to throw me all out of whack..

i keep saying i am going to be faithful about journalling what i eat.. i started doing it a few times and never kept it up.. i do know its important to do, and should, because seeing it there in print would probably help me stay on track more..

thank you for sharing Rockinonahigh, i sooo appreciate it and keep up the great work!

Old 08-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #14
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by T D View Post
Just a note, purging isn't just about throwing up. There's various ways to purge.

Also, purgers can have some very serious medical conditions on down the line if they keep this kind of behavior up for too long.

Upon hitting menopause (age 46, early menopause also caused by purging) I found that I had the bone density of an 80 year old woman. After years of medications and lots and lots of Calcium and Vitamin D, I'm now up to Osteopenia, but it took years to gain that bone density back.
((((Stevin))))
You are so right, it's not just throwing up.. for me, personally, thats what purging has been, but i know there are other methods and i'm glad you brought this up..
my scare has always been how what i am doing is affecting my health, i'm 38 years old now and after doing this for so long i am 'now' feeling it more in ways i never have, and knew it was a matter of time before something would impact my health negatively.. (or even moreso, i should say)..

i didn't realize purging could bring on early menopause.. To be honest, i'm petrified to look up what i've been doing to myself and what things could happen to me, i've always avoided looking..(sad, i know) But, important that i'm wanting change, now.. i think a big reason of why i started this thread is knowing i would learn from others, if they were to share, and would motivate me to be more aware of what i do to myself when i do these things...i need to be deal with the truths, and be honest with myself, of course..

i soo appreciate you sharing here, Stevin.. and thrilled that you gained the bone density back and are finding yourself in a healthier place.. that is wonderful!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #15
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Today's Update:

weighed in this morning, to a 4 lb gain.. :: sad face ::
i am struggling emotionally, i wanna throw it all to the wind and give up, but seriously, it's 4 lbs.. i know i can lose that again, and i know i made some bad choices which is why i gained it...

Jennifer said in another thread, that i should celebrate the overall loss, because it's still a good loss of weight.. Sometimes it really helps to hear the positives and motivation from others, and that's why i have this thread.. it not only keeps me accountable, but motivated..

i made the mistake of binging on Monday, and although i didn't physically stick my fingers down my throat to purge it, i am able to do so just by thinkin it, and it will come up.. my body is trained to act on my want or need to do it, which is a pretty scary thing sometimes.. i didn't fully void all the food i had consumed, only a little because as i was, i was so disappointed in myself for falling back to old habits...

The overwhelming guilt i had for keeping the rest of that food in, however... i can't even explain, i had the inner fight with myself - and so now today, seeing that weight gain made me think back to "why didn't i just DO it".. now, i'm mad at myself for even thinking that. While i have the stinkin' thinkin' within me still, i also have the healthier thinking too, and know that i need to make changes.. so my thoughts get overwhelmed at times like i am spinning in circles and can't find my way!!

VERY thankful for this thread today - getting this out there, helps me see i CAN and WILL get back on track.. This is a bump in the road, not a reason to give up!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #16
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
Ahh Gemme, the more i read this post the more i was nodding and soo knowing what you meant.. Especially with work, my work hours are a bit all over the place and when i work split shifts and 12 hour shifts, the last thing i feel like doing is taking the time to prepare something healthy AND working out.. especially after being on my feet all day - i still struggle with that today.. i do walk to and from work, which is only about a 10-15 min walk each way, but i think my body is adjusted to that now because i always walk to work.. So it's frustrating, VERY frustrating...

Yes, i did say that i would binge as much as my body would hold.. When i said that, i meant exactly what you meant cept it wasn't explaining it right, my body can hold much more than my appetite allows me, so my overeating is stuffing things inside me regardless of how full and digusting i feel, it 'is' a horrible feeling, especially when i finally shake myself out of my food coma and feel the effects of abusing my body the way i had..

My emotions of course take over, and i am SO hard on myself, and i get the negative thinking within, that im worthless and deserve to gain that weight back and it just shakes my confidence altogether that i've spent so long building up to keep myself motivated.. Then it becomes a vicious circle if i dont stop myself, now that i've binged and probably gained weight, i may as well eat that dang cookie, cuz its not going to matter.. Oh and well may as well eat junkfood for the rest of the day now and start new tomorrow.. my tomorrow really never comes, when i get in that frame of mind..

i know the bloating and feeling like a pregnant woman - i deal with that often too and it's strange when i stay on track, i notice mostly in my stomache that i lose first, so just goes to show what doing this to myself really does..

i'm so sorry about gaining your weight back Gemme, i didn't realize but you CAN do it, even when working.. We should work together and find ways to eat healthier and a workout routine around our work hours, i could really benefit from a healthier plan while working.. i do well on my days off or my short workdays, but i get myself in a real pickle when i'm working...

i also deal with emotional overeating, thats one huge stressor on my binging right there.. Monday, i got upset over the fact i had to delay the trip by two weeks to go see Mtn, i was to leave Sept 14 and now had to move it to Oct 3 due to passports - my heart was SOOO set on Sept 14.. What did i do? i lost control and overate , my portions were ridiculous and i felt SO awful for what i did, that i started again being hard on myself and again just not paying attention to what i was eating again and i really had to get myself back on track..

my weigh in today showed a 4 lb gain.. :: sad sigh ::
it's going to be a rough day, i can feel it.. i'm trying so hard not to be hard on myself, but 4 lbs in one week? takes me a friggin' week to lose 2 lbs!

thank you for sharing with me Gemme, and thank you for being happy for this thread, if any of you can use it or find benefit of having this thread here too, then that makes me happy.. i was scared to post it because a/i have a hard, hard time sharing this part of me, and b/i was scared no one else would understand or want to post in here..

i know it takes a great deal of courage to admit these things, and thought at least if i put it out there, even if people didn't post, someone might be reading and benefit from my struggle in some way to help themselves.. So, the same for any of you who post too, i really, truly thank you! Not only helps others, but me as well! ((((((((Gemme)))))))))
Thank you for your support, Sylvie.

For me, I find that working helps me to keep on track. Well, at least for the first part of the day. I have my fairly healthy breakfast of oatmeal, raisins, walnuts and skim milk and then I pack my lunch, which is usually a sandwich and some fruit. I tend to bring an extra banana in case I get hungry before my lunch. But then again, my lunch hour is set and my schedule is much more streamlined and routine than yours.

My trouble comes at night. I sit in front of the telly and zone out or play online and nibble at this and that. My switch that says "I'm full" doesn't work at night. I can, and have, put away more food in that one hour than I have all day.

I know it's largely a case of mindful eating. But that takes time. When I'm home, I multi-task. Even now, I'm here but I'm doing laundry and eating breakfast. Simply Orange juice and turkey sausage, which isn't horrible, but I'll probably add on something really bad like ice cream.

The structure of my work days help me and my days off are harder for me to control. I get that 'it's my day off and I don't want to do anything' feeling which leads to more laziness and general overeating.

I have developed a bit of a Coke problem lately too. Ebon and I have joked about it, but it's true. I used to drink soda once in a while and I'm now downing several a day. I'm drinking my calories, basically, because it fills me up and then I'm not hungry when I should be and so I wind up eating later....

Eh, I know I will work it out. It's just this time in between, when I'm realizing where I was and how far I've let myself slide, that's really difficult to deal with.

As for your weigh in, I have found that the most honest way to weigh in is right after I get up and go to the restroom, but before breakfast and coffee, etc. As you go about your day, you add food and drink that has sodium (water retention and bloating) and sugar and just weight in general. That's one thing that I learned a while ago and, when I do weigh myself, I try to follow those parameters for as honest a number as possible.

TD, I didn't know about the other ways to purge. The image of the "typical" person with a binging/purging eating disorder is pretty much burned in my brain from all those after school specials and news reports. Female, teens to early 20s, etc. even though I do know that males also battle eating disorders too and that it's not about the person's shape (big, little, medium...can all have one), so thanks for adding some clarification.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 08:51 AM   #17
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Gemme,

i am SOOO the same way, i swear that it felt as though i was reading my own words right there..

At work, i find it much easier to stay on track too, mostly because we get busy with our shifts and then come breaktime, we have half hour which between that and talking with the others, it's pretty easy for me to stay on track.. i find it much worse when i come home, because i work til 7pm.. and i dont want to eat at work, the food isnt the healthiest there, but getting home at 7pm, showering and THEN eating, i find myself eating at 8 or 830pm.. course, going from our afternoon break til when i can eat at home without eating, by the time i am home im famished..

it's SO easy to fall off track because of this, so a real struggle of mine too.. i'm definitely a picker, grab a lil of this and a lil of that but i am not mindful to how much i am taking in altogether.. it never feels like much when i am just taking a bit of this and that..

i got myself off of sodapop back in April and can honestly say thats something i have NOT done since.. however, i will admit i was so down this morning, i threw change into the pop machine at work and got diet pepsi, and i took one sip of it, and the guilt took over and i poured it out down the sink and tossed the can to recycling.. Why i did it, i dont know. . i think i was so mad at myself for the 4 lbs, so i was punishing myself or something... i dont even crave it these days anymore, so wasnt that i was craving it at that moment, think i was just ready to beat myself up or something.. Glad (now) that i poured it out, that was the best decision i could have made today.. but, ugh! i know the sodapop frenzy well, i used to drink it all day everyday, til i quit it.. i was buying a big bottle of diet pepsi and drinking it all myself through the run of a day and sometimes going back for more! i didn't get water or anything else in my system, what a load of sugar!

my days off are also days i want to overeat, mostly out of boredom.. i could push myself out for a walk, or to exercise, and i feel more motivated to be good to myself, but when i am watching tv or playing here online, i want to eat out of boredom, or by habit because i always ate and snacked while watching tv or here online... especially when i binged..

Just right now, even.. sitting here spilling my guts about how hard it gets, it's taking everything not to go to the corner store and buy the potato chips and stuff i'm craving and eat it, ALL of it.. This morning, i prepared dessert for the residents for lunch, chocolate chip cookies , homemade.. Damn, why did i get stuck gathering those cookies all up and getting them ready??? They looked soooo good, but i stayed strong..

Well, sort of.. i went to the staff lounge, and sat at the table by myself and cried my eyes out.. Over cookies!

Thank you sooo much for the tip on weigh ins.. i weigh in at work, but maybe i should buy myself a scale.. i'm scared i will obsess and weigh myself constantly.. so figured i would weigh in at work, one of the managers keeps track of my weight lost etc for me, and i use her scale, she has a weight watchers digital one... i go once a week that way, but maybe it would be better if i had one on my own...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #18
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good point. For a while, I did obsess about weigh ins. I was also trying to learn better how certain foods/meals/etc affected my weight, though, so I'd weigh myself before and after working out to see how much I'd sweated out and after each meal and I can honestly say that I did learn some valuable things. But you are right...it is very easy to become obsessed with the numbers on the scale.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #19
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

When i was in my 20's i found myself fighting my way back from bulimarexia...an ugly cycle of binging, purging, restricting, obsessing, smoking like a chimney, living on chewing gum - sugarless of course and black coffee, exercising constantly well into the night, sometimes all night...

At the height of this i wouldn't eat in front of anyone; was addicted to laxatives (Correctol being my fav since it was pink) taking as many as the entire card of 15 tablets any time i put food in my mouth so food would pass very quickly; was also so addicted to ipecac that my fav pharmacies finally refused to sell it to me but i found it at a grocery store and bought every bottle they had as often as possible...

i wore designer clothes and looked wonderful (according to my Mom)...but i couldn't sit in a hard chair because my tailbone was poking out and it hurt, my hair thinned, my nails became brittle - they have never really recovered and 25 years later are still thin and misshapen, the enamel on my teeth was destroyed, sleep had become a foreign concept...i was so controlled by this i could go for 2 weeks or more without food and for a while wouldn't even swallow my own saliva...

Then Karen Carpenter died...

That got my attention because until then i didn't realize this could kill you and we shared a fondness for ipecac. i was scared and sought help and stayed in therapy until the behaviours stopped but never dealt with the underlying causes until going back into counseling last year.

i've had to accept that this will never leave me...

i've had to learn to love me just the way i am...

i've had to learn to accept that i will always be wary of every bite of food that goes into my mouth...

And i've had to learn that when my whole world seems to be spinning out of control i will always find myself wanting to fall back into some of those comfortable, familiar patterns, that there will be times when i will slip back into them...and when that happens i need to forgive and nurture myself...

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #20
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,587 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
At the height of this i wouldn't eat in front of anyone; was addicted to laxatives (Correctol being my fav since it was pink) taking as many as the entire card of 15 tablets any time i put food in my mouth so food would pass very quickly; was also so addicted to ipecac that my fav pharmacies finally refused to sell it to me but i found it at a grocery store and bought every bottle they had as often as possible...

i wore designer clothes and looked wonderful (according to my Mom)...but i couldn't sit in a hard chair because my tailbone was poking out and it hurt
I was the same way about people seeing me eat- and i still have moments when i am eating and someone walks in on my and i feel like i can't finish until they leave again

I was afraid of laxative addiction b/c i had heard you could end up with a colostomy bag forever- i decided i was going to outsmart that and just have multiple daily enemas- haha guess what- long term effects the same

i got so bony that it hurt to lay on the bed and i couldn't go through doors with my hands full because opening it with my hip was too painful

the scary part is that i still think i looked great and have moments where i really resent my recovery

then i remind myself of how lonely it was- i couldn't go anywhere or do anything because there are calories in every social, family, and professional event

and there is still a little voice that whispers "there must be a way to get back to a 16 BMI and still have a life"

Tags
binge, bulemia, eating disorders, food addictions, purge