Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 03-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #101
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

UPDATE ON ETHAN:
I just spoke with the Social Services Director at Ethan's Rehab place and he said according to the Drs and nurses, Ethan is doing well... and.. HE IS BEING DISCHARGED ON THE 28th of March!! He gets to come home in 8 days!!
So excited to have him back home, and we can start living a normal life again. Apparently he will still have Home Health Care come for a period of time to help his adjustment at home go smoothly.
He will be home in time for Easter. YAY!
Thank You all again sooo much for all the love, care, support, prayers, positive energy, etc that everyone gave..
i love y'all so much!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #102
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb0670 View Post
UPDATE ON ETHAN:
I just spoke with the Social Services Director at Ethan's Rehab place and he said according to the Drs and nurses, Ethan is doing well... and.. HE IS BEING DISCHARGED ON THE 28th of March!! He gets to come home in 8 days!!
So excited to have him back home, and we can start living a normal life again. Apparently he will still have Home Health Care come for a period of time to help his adjustment at home go smoothly.
He will be home in time for Easter. YAY!
Thank You all again sooo much for all the love, care, support, prayers, positive energy, etc that everyone gave..
i love y'all so much!
Oh I am so happy to hear this news, Deb!!!!! (((Hugs))) Thanks for keeping us all updated.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #103
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

UPDATE ON ETHAN:
Found out a little bit ago that they are keeping him in the rehabilitation place two more weeks. It took me getting mad and making them listen to him for them to finally realize what some of the major issues were with him. The Physical Therapist is using a special ultrasound on his knees to try to straighten and strengthen them, and it is slowly working.
He used to not be able to stand in place for more than 10 seconds before having to sit down or fall down.. since they started doing the ultrasound on Friday, he increased his ability to stand to 45 seconds today. He would not be able to get the kind of treatments he needs at home, and since there are signs of improvement, he will spend the next two weeks there. Sucky thing is, we are celebrating Easter in the rehab place.. *sighs*
At least i can still cook a ham and the fixin's and take a plate to him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #104
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

UPDATE ON ETHAN
I know it has been awhile since i posted anything about him, but now...
For 13 years this Man was told," You will never walk again", "Might as well get used to being in a chair for life", "You have no need for physical therapy", etc etc etc.
After two weeks of physical therapy in the rehabilitation facility..
Ethan went from being able to stand for less than 10 seconds to....
Walking with a platform walker.. for... 350 Feet today!
Talk about amazing!!
They have been using ultrasound on the front and back of his knees, and working with him, and pushing him, and encouraging him and he is making sooooo much progress!
He is turning into Someone i never knew. He is wanting to work out.. He is wanting to stay out of bed, he is not reaching for extra pain meds.. He is really trying and forcing Himself to not give in to the pain that accompanies Him.
This is the first time in 13 years.. that someone.. has cared enough to say You can do this.. and then help him do it.
Hard part about all this, and please forgive me if this sounds selfish...
But i can't help it..
They are looking at keeping him there another 5 weeks.
Their goal is to get him completely out of his wheel chair and get him walking with maybe an assistance of just a cane.
That is another 5 weeks of sleeping alone, being a single mom.. yet again.. and travelling back and forth between the rehab and home.. and take care of everything else..
But to have him be able to walk again.. and not need a wheel chair..
it will be worth it.
I just have to remember that this is not about me right now..
It is about him finally getting the care and attention and help he has been denied for 13 years..
i can wait.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2013, 03:50 AM   #105
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations to him and hope he gets to come home soon!

Zimmeh

Quote:
UPDATE ON ETHAN
I know it has been awhile since i posted anything about him, but now...
For 13 years this Man was told," You will never walk again", "Might as well get used to being in a chair for life", "You have no need for physical therapy", etc etc etc.
After two weeks of physical therapy in the rehabilitation facility..
Ethan went from being able to stand for less than 10 seconds to....
Walking with a platform walker.. for... 350 Feet today!
Talk about amazing!!
They have been using ultrasound on the front and back of his knees, and working with him, and pushing him, and encouraging him and he is making sooooo much progress!
He is turning into Someone i never knew. He is wanting to work out.. He is wanting to stay out of bed, he is not reaching for extra pain meds.. He is really trying and forcing Himself to not give in to the pain that accompanies Him.
This is the first time in 13 years.. that someone.. has cared enough to say You can do this.. and then help him do it.
Hard part about all this, and please forgive me if this sounds selfish...
But i can't help it..
They are looking at keeping him there another 5 weeks.
Their goal is to get him completely out of his wheel chair and get him walking with maybe an assistance of just a cane.
That is another 5 weeks of sleeping alone, being a single mom.. yet again.. and travelling back and forth between the rehab and home.. and take care of everything else..
But to have him be able to walk again.. and not need a wheel chair..
it will be worth it.
I just have to remember that this is not about me right now..
It is about him finally getting the care and attention and help he has been denied for 13 years..
i can wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #106
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

UPDATE ON ETHAN

I know it has been quite a while since i last posted anything, but,
He gets to come home on May 9th! He is stronger than He has been in over 13 years! He is walking up to 450 ft now with the aide of a walker.. and He can push Himself in His manual chair with ease.
It has been a long, long struggle.. but.. it is paying off!
He has changed His outlook and has a brighter hope for the future.
It is going to take us all a bit to get adjusted to Him being home again, but it is way past overdue.
Thank Y/you everyone.. so much.. for all the prayers, positive thoughts, encouragements etc..
Thank Y/you does not seem near good enough to express my gratefulness to Y/you all.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #107
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default WOW

Such good news...

Hope the progress continues and so glad he,s comin home and no more sleeping alone.

Hugs to you both....
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #108
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Talking

You two can walk hand in hand, and share a wondeful reunion.
Welcome Home signs will be posted, and many great wishes.

The smiles and hugs from Big and Little's will be such fun.
I know you are looking forward to that first night of sleeping in Ethan's arms at home again, Priceless.

The Rehab visitation, commuting, long distance caring, and keeping the home fires burning is tough. What he is accomplishing is tough.

The road forward and keeping mobile will be tough, but fun together...So, big kudo's to both of you. And being a caregiver is precious.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #109
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

UPDATE ON ETHAN

He comes home tomorrow. He is excited and so are we.( my daughter and i)
We are also a bit apprehensive because it has been over 2 months since He went in the hospital and everyone kinda got used to the routine.
Honestly, i will be glad to break some of the routine.. like having to go to sleep alone, and having to make the big final decisions alone, and having to drive all the way to the rehab place and back every day.
We all will have to adjust to sharing the tv's again, and dual parenting( even though Ethan was not totally out of the loop.. was difficult to try to keep up with every day stuff from there)
Ethan is stronger than He was, able to walk at least 450 ft at a time with a walker, and He is healthy.

i wanna thank E/everyone so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so ( to infinity and beyond) much for all prayers, positive thoughts and energy and support for us during this time.
i know for myself.. i couldn't have made this journey without Y/you.
i truly do hope we get to go to the reunion, cause i really wanna thank as many P/people as i can face to face and hug T/their necks.
love Y/y'all!
debbie
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #110
curlyredhead

How Do You Identify?:
Female to Male "Straight"
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Taken

curlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputationcurlyredhead Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
UPDATE ON ETHAN

We are also a bit apprehensive because it has been over 2 months since He went in the hospital and everyone kinda got used to the routine.
Honestly, i will be glad to break some of the routine.. like having to go to sleep alone, and having to make the big final decisions alone, and having to drive all the way to the rehab place and back every day.
We all will have to adjust to sharing the tv's again, and dual parenting( even though Ethan was not totally out of the loop.. was difficult to try to keep up with every day stuff from there)
Ethan is stronger than He was, able to walk at least 450 ft at a time with a walker, and He is healthy.

i wanna thank E/everyone so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so ( to infinity and beyond) much for all prayers, positive thoughts and energy and support for us during this time.
i truly do hope we get to go to the reunion, cause i really wanna thank as many P/people as i can face to face and hug T/their necks.
love Y/y'all!
debbie
So glad to hear the news!!! Welcome Home Ethan!!

Looking forward to seeing yall in LR!
curlyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #111
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
UPDATE ON ETHAN

love Y/y'all!
debbie

Great news,hopefull things will be a bit normal.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #112
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Deb I am so happy to hear Ethan will be coming home! Many blessings to you and your family. It's hard being the caregiver for everyone so give yourself some space to take care of you....I know that is easier said than done!