Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 03-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #41
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

This looks like a very good thread, I will make sure to try some of these recipes in the future

Oh and I LOVE the Food Network Magazine as well as Quinoa, so I will have to try that recipe you posted Corkey
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #42
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I just saw this thread. I am glad I did. I will be following some of the thinking, and receipes here.

Fabulous!
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #43
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

What a great idea! I get so tired of eating the same dishes, so it's nice to see recipes that others have tried and actually like... especially diet dishes.

One of my favorite websites with all kinds of diet tips & receipes, is www.3fatchicks.com

I'll post a couple for y'all that I want to try, too.

Oven Fried Honey Chicken

1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp. Balsamic or wine vinegar
1 1/2 cups dried bread crumbs
6 each boneless skinless chicken breast halves

recipe directions:
Combine honey and vinegar. Dip chicken in honey mixture then roll in bread crumbs to coat. Place on a baking sheet which has been sprayed well with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.

Serves: 6 - Nutrition Information Per Serving: calories 280 total fat 3 sat fat 1protein 31 fiber 1 sodium (mg)310 carbs 32 ww pts 6
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #44
mountainbikedyke

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

mountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cookbook

Hey all- I've been eating a lot healthier these days so I've been researching different recipes, etc. The new Biggest Loser cookbook is awesome. It basically gives you calorie-saving alternatives for the foods we all typically like...

Keep up the good work!
mountainbikedyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mountainbikedyke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #45
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Spicy Thai Diced Chicken with Basil

recipe ingredients
1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chopped or sliced yellow onion
4 medium cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 medium habanero chili, stemmed, seeded and minced
3/4 tsp. arrowroot or cornstarch, dissolved in 2 teaspoons water
3 Tbsp. Thai fish sauce
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. sugar
3/4 cup Thai sweet basil leaves
1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Rice:
1 can (14½ ounces) vegetable or nonfat chicken broth, plus water to equal 3 cups
1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Lemon wedges

recipe directions
Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve the arrowroot in the water. Stir in the fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Set aside. Chop the basil leaves coarsely and set aside; some of the tiny leaves can be left whole.

To prepare the rice: In a large saucepan, combine the broth-water combination, rice and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring well. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes. With a fork, stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice, recover and set aside.

While the rice is cooking, heat the tablespoon oil in a 9- to-10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and stir 2 minutes. Add the garlic and chili; stir 2 minutes. Turn the heat to medium-high, add the chicken and stir 3 minutes. Stir in the fish sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the chicken gently 5 minutes. Check for doneness. Stir in the basil and lemon juice.

Spoon the chicken over the rice and serve with lemon wedges.

calories 308 total fat 5 sat fat 1 protein 24 fiber 1 sodium (mg) 336 carbs 43ww pts 6
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #46
mountainbikedyke

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

mountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
Spicy Thai Diced Chicken with Basil

recipe ingredients
1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chopped or sliced yellow onion
4 medium cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 medium habanero chili, stemmed, seeded and minced
3/4 tsp. arrowroot or cornstarch, dissolved in 2 teaspoons water
3 Tbsp. Thai fish sauce
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. sugar
3/4 cup Thai sweet basil leaves
1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Rice:
1 can (14½ ounces) vegetable or nonfat chicken broth, plus water to equal 3 cups
1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Lemon wedges

recipe directions
Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve the arrowroot in the water. Stir in the fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Set aside. Chop the basil leaves coarsely and set aside; some of the tiny leaves can be left whole.

To prepare the rice: In a large saucepan, combine the broth-water combination, rice and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring well. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes. With a fork, stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice, recover and set aside.

While the rice is cooking, heat the tablespoon oil in a 9- to-10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and stir 2 minutes. Add the garlic and chili; stir 2 minutes. Turn the heat to medium-high, add the chicken and stir 3 minutes. Stir in the fish sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the chicken gently 5 minutes. Check for doneness. Stir in the basil and lemon juice.

Spoon the chicken over the rice and serve with lemon wedges.

calories 308 total fat 5 sat fat 1 protein 24 fiber 1 sodium (mg) 336 carbs 43ww pts 6
WOW! This looks good!
Old 03-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #47
mountainbikedyke

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainbikedyke View Post
Hey all- I've been eating a lot healthier these days so I've been researching different recipes, etc. The new Biggest Loser cookbook is awesome. It basically gives you calorie-saving alternatives for the foods we all typically like...

Keep up the good work!
I meant to add that this cookbook is great for us culinary-challenged guys! Of course, we ARE born with the keen ability to grill meat, which is a very healthy method of cooking...
Old 03-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #48
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I look for recipes that keep the sodium levels below 100 mg. Sodium is a major fluid retainer, which makes one swell, and it isn't heart healthy. When I use soy sauce, I use low sodium soyu.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #49
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

It made me smile to see more of you reading and contributing to this thread.

If any of you use any of the recipes posted, could you come back and tell us what or if you liked or disliked about it? It would help others to decide if they want to make it. I know I see some I'll be happy to make when I have all the ingredients readily available........must go now and make a shopping list, lol.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #50
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm making this tonight

Asparagus Soup

Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2003

Rated: 5 stars out of 5 Rate
Cook Time:1 hr 0 minLevel: IntermediateYield: 8 to 12 servings

Ingredients
3 pounds fresh asparagus, rinsed
8 cups chicken stock
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup minced shallots
1 cup minced leeks, whites only, well rinsed
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan, garnish
Directions
Trim the attractive top tips from the asparagus, about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in length. Cut the woody stem ends from each spear and reserve. Cut the remaining tender stalks into 1/2-inch pieces.

In a medium pot, bring the stock to a boil. Add the tough woody stems, lower the heat and simmer to infuse with asparagus flavor, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and discard, reserving the stock.

Add the decorative tips to the stock and blanch until tender, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Remove with a strainer and refresh in an ice water bath. Drain on paper towels and reserve for the garnish. Reserve the stock.

In a medium stockpot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. When foamy, add the shallots and leeks and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chopped asparagus stalks, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the reserved broth and simmer until the asparagus are very tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.

With a hand-immersion blender or in batches in a food processor, puree the soup until smooth. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. If serving right away, return to medium heat and add the cream and reserved asparagus tips. Cook, stirring, until the soup is warmed through, about 3 minutes.

Alternatively, if serving the soup later, do not add the cream and let cool at room temperature (or in an ice water bath). Cover and refrigerate. Before serving, add the cream and asparagus tips, and warm the soup gently over medium heat, stirring occasionally.

To serve, place the soup in a soup tureen and sprinkle with cheese. Ladle into demi-tasse cups or small coffee or tea cups, and serve.

If one is worries about the heavy cream, use half n' half.

This is a Lagasse recipe, so there is no nutritional info. Lets just say I'm splurging.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #51
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

If one is worries about the heavy cream, use half n' half.

FYI... I use nonfat evaporated milk in my atkins recipies. I have to watch my fat intake so I start using that just to try it. It works really well, particularly for alfredo sauce. lol yummmmy
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruthie14 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #52
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Bumpity Bump Bump Bump

I see some people are looking for healthy recipes in a new thread
Here's a bunch of them to get ya'll started

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nutrition, recipes, weight loss