How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue

7 Highscores

Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Love is...<3

Share what love is to you?

How to Dance in the Rain

It was a busy morning, about 8:30,

When an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived

To have stitches removed from his thumb.

He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.
On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health.

He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.

He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?'

He smiled as he patted my hand and said,

'She doesn't know me,

But I still know who she is.'

I had to hold back tears as he left,

I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought,

'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'

True love is neither

Physical, nor romantic.

True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;

They just make the best

Of everything they have.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

7 Highscores

FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Love is..."Friendship caught fire."
Old 12-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
sharonsuburbia

How Do You Identify?:
femme

sharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeminineAllure View Post
Share what love is to you?

How to Dance in the Rain

It was a busy morning, about 8:30,

When an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived

To have stitches removed from his thumb.

He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.
On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health.

He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.

He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?'

He smiled as he patted my hand and said,

'She doesn't know me,

But I still know who she is.'

I had to hold back tears as he left,

I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought,

'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'

True love is neither

Physical, nor romantic.

True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;

They just make the best

Of everything they have.

i just got teary - i hope im loved like that
sharonsuburbia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sharonsuburbia For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonsuburbia View Post
i just got teary - i hope im loved like that
YEP..Me too.That is powerful..

Love is my girl ...sharing fun You Tubes to cheer me up when she knows I have had a hard day.It does lighten the load, and she always finds one to make me smile. Hope this makes you all smile...Go ahead ..play it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oADfmYQWmW8"]YouTube- Love Is All[/ame]
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

...something unconditional.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

7 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

"Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end."
Old 12-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #7
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I like this thread!

Love shows itself to me daily in a hundred different ways. When my guy is extra patient with me because he knows I feel like crap and am crabby as crabby can be, that's love. When the puppies stop in the midst of their playing to come romping towards me because they see me getting ready to go to work and don't want me to leave without kisses, that's love. When I take a deep breath and think of the reasons NOT to go on my coworkers, that's love. When my guy cackles in glee because of the weight of the Christmas box he sent out, that's pride...and love....showing itself.

I'm a semi-romantic. I like but don't require them to know that someone cares. The same goes for the other usual schmoozy stuff. I recognize love when someone takes a few extra moments out of their day to think about me and do something for me that will save me a little bit of time, when they pick something up for me at the store because it "looked like me", or when I'm being thought of and I know it. That's some of the different shades of love.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #8
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Love Is As Love Does.. No Matter What Anyone Feels Or Says.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:39 PM   #9
jey_z76

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
Still single

jey_z76 is on a distinguished road
Default Love...

I think how often we miss love in a lifetime by a wrong gesture, by an unspoken word, or by not keeping silent at the right time. We lose it by the interference of other people, by a lack of money and communication, by a quarrel over something stupid and yet.... we cannot live without it.

There are no words to describe how beautiful or special a woman is or even how I will feel when it comes to her. To put these things into words would be to define them, to quantify them, which means to limit them. There would be a beginning and an end. There is no definition fitting nor any limit.

Seems that I'm always searching for someone to truly love. Running through life blindly, awaiting and dreaming of her. I just have to imagine her laying here with me, no matter where that might be. All my senses reach a new height. If ever my wishes would come true, she will be in front of me. If I ever make it through these dreams, I hope that she will feel the same. As dawn's gray light approaches with leaded heart, I find an empty space beside me. Somehow she seems to be a figment of my imagination. But if the dreams I have shall come true, it will be there that I find the solace of when our souls unite. I have never met her in person, though I have the desire to. To look into her eyes and see her beauty within that will perfectly match her outter beauty!

This is love!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #10
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

"Love puts the fun in together,
The sad in apart,
The hope in tomorrow,
The joy in the heart."
- Anonymous

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 12:16 AM   #11
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

7 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”
Robert Heinlein
Old 01-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Love is...not always what you think it is, sometimes it's even better.....then again sometimes it aint.....

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #13
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Love is....

Letting me sleep in on a Saturday morning....
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 02:05 AM   #14
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Me: Baby, I wanna see about doing ...
Her: I'm behind you every step of the way. I'll talk to ... about it when I see him next week.

A girl that's willing to stick with her guy on one of the most critical journeys of his life.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #15
MaggieBluIze

How Do You Identify?:
Feisty Kick Butt Bratty Babygirl Femme LOL
Preferred Pronoun?:
Something Sweet Please =)
Relationship Status:
My rainbow bubble holds love, happiness and life with my sweet Husbutch Daddy Bass!

Thanked 5,385 Times in 1,504 Posts
MaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST Reputation
Default TRUE Love is ...

... so elusive but WILL be found.
... not a delusion.
... something deserved.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #16
nicetgurl_30

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

nicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Different beat

Love is something that is often spoke to quickly
And misunderstood since the beginning of time.
Love is for those who still believe in fairy tales and someday seek and shall find.
Because love is the greatest treasure ever hidden and yet all of us can find
L
nicetgurl_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nicetgurl_30 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #17
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Love is...

Knowing that when I am in so much pain, she will wake up from a dead sleep and drive an hour just to take me to the emergency room. Or when its 10pm at night and I am pulled over on some unknown street vomiting out the car door and she will leave work, just to take me home to make sure I am okay and safe.

And love is...

The day of my grandmothers funeral, my grandfather was sitting there as they lowered the casket into the ground, and he looked at my aunt and said..."I can't wait until I am right there next to her again." And more often than not, he doesn't know who he is today, or where he is, or even what year he is in, but around the holidays, he will never fail to remember his wife, and ask for her.

Love is also...

Watching my dad or my sister walk into a room that my nephew is in, and his face light up with the biggest smile that only a baby can have as he reaches for them and grasps onto them for dear life.

Love is...

The simple things in life, the things that make you smile, that make you feel important, that fill you with this feeling that makes you want to turn around and do something good for someone else. It is a lot of things around us that we take for granted and might not ever see, but are always there. Love is what you make of it.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #18
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Being able to bust up laughing together during an intimate moment.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #19
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Being able to share moments neither of us would be willing to share with others, whether it's too embarrassing or not "socially accepted".

Brute.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #20
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

I remember these little "Love is... " cartoons back when I was like six years old

Of course there are the new up-to-date versions too LOL

jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post: