Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #21
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicbutch View Post
I agree with you 100% but I'm more offended at the grown ass man that worked for the school board saying that he's happy the young people that killed themselves did. The kid that made this game is 19 years old, he probably has never even been out of his home town and he's a nerd (I know my own kind) and is probably gay himself he just hasn't realized it yet.
See, that's kind of my thing.

There are always going to be people who hate Queers. There are always going to be people who hate POC. There are always going to be people who hate fat people, French-speakers, people who voted for Nader, people who wear white socks, etc etc etc. It's not going to go away.

And because I know it's not going to go away - I am a "pick your battles" kind of girl. I just think that there are bigger and more harmful haters out there than some sad little virgin living in his mommy's basement. I'll focus on the haters who are in a position to do actual damage. I'd go bald if I was stressed over a game that maybe a couple hundred douchebags on the internet will play.

And when I am not focusing on the bigger badder haters I will try and match Kobi's score in that "running over children and little old ladies" game.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #22
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
And if the game is in flash, flash is an adobe product and adobe might have some restrictions on the use of said product.

Thank You Nat for getting the information.

I wrote Tom an email, as a parent, a lesbian, a gay teen *once upon a time* and as a fellow human being. I was polite in my email and not threatening. I am hoping for to create communication with him. He is pretty smart, this young man and so young still.

I also watched a video interview about him. He seems (god I hope) to be sweet. Let's just hope he is unaware.

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #23
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Register.com might be open to feedback on how their client is using the domain.

http://www.register.com/

They might not care but they do have a handy customer service number.
Very doubtful.

It's not TM infringement. You may have better luck with the webhost, which deals more with content. But if they do not have an anti-hate clause there's really no grounds.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #24
FlowerFem

How Do You Identify?:
femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
dating

FlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kill gays

I see a law suit. Big lawsuit. LAMDA needs to step up to the plate.
FlowerFem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #25
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
See, that's kind of my thing.

There are always going to be people who hate Queers. There are always going to be people who hate POC. There are always going to be people who hate fat people, French-speakers, people who voted for Nader, people who wear white socks, etc etc etc. It's not going to go away.

And because I know it's not going to go away - I am a "pick your battles" kind of girl. I just think that there are bigger and more harmful haters out there than some sad little virgin living in his mommy's basement. I'll focus on the haters who are in a position to do actual damage. I'd go bald if I was stressed over a game that maybe a couple hundred douchebags on the internet will play.

And when I am not focusing on the bigger badder haters I will try and match Kobi's score in that "running over children and little old ladies" game.
Exactly, it takes all kinds.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #26
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thanks, Nat for all of that information!

I was just coming in here to post a small portion of that:

Tom Fulp, Founder
tom@newgrounds.com

Ryan Pridgeon, creator of Gay Bus

I certainly WILL be writing.....and I'm going to post this on FB, too.

Thanks again, Nat!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #27
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I just posted this information on FaceBook.....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #28
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Then there is cogentco
http://cogentco.com/us/cs_faq.php

"Cogent takes its abuse policy very seriously. Please send abuse complaints to abuse@cogentco.com."
http://cogentco.com/us/AcceptableUsePolicy.php

Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all persons and entities (collectively, "customers") using the products and services of Cogent Communications, Inc., ("Cogent") including Internet service. The policy is designed to protect the security, integrity, reliability, and privacy of both the Cogent network and the products and services Cogent offers to its customers. Cogent reserves the right to modify this policy at any time, effective immediately upon posting of the modification. Your use of Cogent's products and services constitutes your acceptance of the Acceptable Use Policy in effect at the time of your use. You are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur during or relating to your use of the service, and you agree not to engage in any unacceptable use of the service.

What Uses are Prohibited?

Unacceptable use includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:

(these are the two that seem most related possibly)

1. Posting, transmission, re-transmission, or storing material on or through any of Cogent's products or services, if in the sole judgment of Cogent such posting, transmission, re-transmission or storage is: (a) in violation of any local, state, federal, or non-United States law or regulation (including rights protected by copyright, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property or similar laws or regulations); (b) threatening or abusive; (c) obscene; (d) indecent; or (e) defamatory. Each customer shall be responsible for determining what laws or regulations are applicable to his or her use of the products and services.

15. Harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages.

Enforcement

Cogent may immediately suspend and/or terminate the customer's service for violation of any provision of this policy upon verbal or written notice, which notice may be provided by voicemail or E-mail. Prior to suspension or termination, Cogent attempts to work with our customers to cure violations of this policy and ensure that there is no re-occurrence; however, Cogent reserves the right to suspend or terminate based on a first offense

Questions?

If you are unsure of whether any contemplated use or action is permitted, please contact Cogent at abuse@cogentco.com or (877) 7-cogent.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #29
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Also if this kid is in the UK he may be breaking the law:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2010/03/23...s-into-effect/

From may 23rd of this year:

A new law criminalising stirring up homophobic hatred comes into effect today.

The law, which covers England and Wales, will punish offenders with up to seven years in jail or a fine. It brings protections for gay people in line with laws against racial and religious hatred.

Stonewall claimed that a new offence was necessary after it discovered a range of “extreme” websites with anti-gay material. Homophobic song lyrics could also be covered by the law.

Stonewall chief executive Ben Summerskill said: “The newly-extended criminal offence of incitement to hatred will go some way towards addressing the hatred and violence directed towards lesbians, gay men and bisexuals in Britain at a time when homophobic attacks are on the increase.

“It sends a strong signal that such behaviour is unacceptable in a civilised society. Just like race, a person’s sexual orientation is an intrinsic characteristic for which no citizen should ever feel under threat of verbal or physical violence.”

It is unlikely the new law will be used frequently. Similar laws against inciting racial hatred have only been used around 20 times in the 30 years since they came into force.

The legislation will not make it a crime to criticise or tell jokes about homosexuality.

Both religious leaders and comedians had expressed concern that they would be criminalised under it.

While Stonewall and government supporters claimed the initial legislation would not impede freedom of speech, the House of Lords passed an amendment to protect those who criticise homosexuality or urge gays to turn straight from prosecution.

The amendment, tabled by Tory peer and former home secretary under Margaret Thatcher Lord Waddington, allows the “discussion or criticism” of sexual practices.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
Old 11-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #30
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFemme View Post
Kobi - hopefully you will have rested, eaten and prepared a meal of your brain by the time you read.

I am not sure what generation you are (actually should not matter). BUT - I have lived, participated and fought for this community for 30 years - I have seen my friends raped and even murdered based on the fact they were LGBTQ. I was a gay teen and I attempted suicide in 1977. I was 15 years old. I have been raped based on who I am. I can still hear the laughter in their voices.

Today, we are seeing so many of our youth killing themselves - because really as simple as the concept is.

IGNORANCE breeds HATE
Hate KILLS!

IF,

I'm going to presume you meant make a meal FOR not OF my brain I did and lets hope my fed brain makes sense.

I am of the same generation as you. Have done the fighting, the paving of the way, breaking down barriers as both a woman and a lesbian. The scars run deep. Then again so do the survival skills.

I understand your concern for the well being of our youth. It is a tragedy for suicide to be the only option one feels they have available to them. And, I agree, the community needs to advocate against those things which breed and accentuate hate in any form.

I am also a realist. I'm not exactly sure where the concept of and manifestations of hatred come from, but I know it is a reality of life. Regardless of who we are and what we stand for, someone somewhere will find something not to like about us. And they will behave in unpleasant ways including developing silly games (btw I agree, he is a geek and he seems latent to me).

Part of our "job" as the more senior and experienced members of a community is to bolster our youth, help them during the difficult time of identity formation, help them learn to negotiate life on their terms as who and what they are, to help them develop and maintain self esteem, pride, acceptance of self.

Another part of our "job" is to teach them the realities of life, picking battles wisely, developing a thicker skin, dealing with the hatred without losing the sense of self as a worthy and worthwhile person. We need to help them learn to survive the hatred they might encounter and thrive in spite of it. And I think it is an invaluable thing to learn.

I'm thinking a game like this is a good educational tool. Take something potentially harmful and turn it into something helpful, a starting place for a discussion which needs to be had with our youth.

This doesnt mean dont write and call and complain. It does mean, in my head, it is a game and like many games for computers and game systems, violence under the guise of entertainment is the norm not the exception. Whether it is running over kids and old ladies in carmegeddon or shooting pigeons in a couple of games, or batting beheaded penguins, war games, dog mutilation - our arcade is not for the faint of heart.

As much as I would like to be there to protect our youth 24/7, it just isnt going to happen. At some point, we have to teach them to take care of themselves and to be ok doing so.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #31
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Kobi...

Thank you for your words. I think we just look at it differently on a level which is not so different.

I am not worried about our gay youth seeing it, as much as I am worried about the message that it sends to those who are ignorant and if it fosters the OKAY for some people to bash gays.

While it is just a video, it sends a message.

Even with everything I have seen in my life and everything I have experienced. I am still not thick skinned. I hope I never am. I hope I continue to believe the world is kind and in it are kind people. I choose to wear my rose colored specs - they make everything so much prettier.

I don't want our children thick skinned either. I want them to be able to experience the beauty of life. They should not have to experience the hatred.

Maybe I am still naive in this thinking... (shrugs *literally* my shoulders).

p.s. About your brain. I liked your post and your words -- so I am not going to share with you, what I wanted you to do with your brain earlier (lol).

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014

Last edited by Julie; 11-08-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Forgot to address the brain bit. *twitching*
The Following User Says Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #32
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

To me it's a tacit nod of approval and incitement of hate crimes and bullying against lgbtq people. The fact somebody made the game doesn't surprise me, but I am definitely interested in knowing if any of the companies involved in that game's availability are okay with having their services used in this manner.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #33
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFemme View Post
Kobi...

Thank you for your words. I think we just look at it differently on a level which is not so different.

I am not worried about our gay youth seeing it, as much as I am worried about the message that it sends to those who are ignorant and if it fosters the OKAY for some people to bash gays.

While it is just a video, it sends a message.

Even with everything I have seen in my life and everything I have experienced. I am still not thick skinned. I hope I never am. I hope I continue to believe the world is kind and in it are kind people. I choose to wear my rose colored specs - they make everything so much prettier.

I don't want our children thick skinned either. I want them to be able to experience the beauty of life. They should not have to experience the hatred.

Maybe I am still naive in this thinking... (shrugs *literally* my shoulders).

p.s. About your brain. I liked your post and your words -- so I am not going to share with you, what I wanted you to do with your brain earlier (lol).

IF,

It is not naive at all. Your exuberance and focus on what should be is very admirable. I am glad there are people like you in the world.

LOL thank you for sparing my brain from whatever you were thinking of suggesting I do with it

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #34
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

I have a friend who is ad-work....and she just sent this information to the editor of www.afterelton.com to start a campaign.

I KNEW that I would know someone who would know someone who would know someone to put the pressure on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #35
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I have a friend who is ad-work....and she just sent this information to the editor of www.afterelton.com to start a campaign.

I KNEW that I would know someone who would know someone who would know someone to put the pressure on.
Someone wrote in another thread, how parts of this site was inappropriate and should not be allowed yada yada - probably has nothing to do with this (not getting into it or wanting to get into it)...

Except without this site and all the wonderful diverse members of our community...

Perhaps we might not know, and then diva might not have known and then her friend in advertising might not know.

It is a beautiful day in Australia!
The sun is shining!
I love our community.

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #36
1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

A quote from the Author of the game himself....

"Author Comments
Got sick of a few LGBT activists carrying out personal attacks.

I have nothing against any group of people, but apparently comedy isn't allowed.

Sorry.

221 reviews | Log in to write a review | Share this!"
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #37
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Thanks, 1PF....

WOW! I had no idea I was an activist!!!! YEA ME!!! Do I get a tiara for that?

The neat thing is....he thinks I'm done! Wonder what he'd do if he knew this activist looks like his mother....

The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #38
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

and this is our programmer
Yeah he's a real monster.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #39
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

The monster lies between the headphones.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #40
1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Thanks, 1PF....

WOW! I had no idea I was an activist!!!! YEA ME!!! Do I get a tiara for that?

The neat thing is....he thinks I'm done! Wonder what he'd do if he knew this activist looks like his mother....

*Laughing* Diva, I think you should get a tiara...and perhaps a sash..maybe some roses...oh, wait..that's a different thing all together....

I still vote yes to the tiara!!
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1PlayfulFemme For This Useful Post: