Old 07-29-2015, 04:53 PM   #21
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I agree with Shystonefem, I think it is a good idea to find out of someone you are getting involved with has a similar or opposite philosophy about money and spending habits. I've seen where money problems are high on the list of friction points for couples and can create a lot of problems.
Hell yeah, first date discussion (not really, but I probably do "poke around" during the first handle of dates to see how people relate to and think about their money).

I would never date someone who wasn't open to having a retirement plan in place. I don't want to work forever (to cover your lack of planning), sorry.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 02:08 PM   #22
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

This is one of the reasons I won't live with someone again. I've lived with three partners. One when I was bisexual and with my best friend and partner, a bloke. He was great to live with. We had our own bedrooms, we had our own bank accounts, paid our own bills, he did his share of the housework (urban living, no yard. I mean cleaning, laundry etc).
He never pushed me to do "women's jobs" because I would have thrown him off a bridge for it and he didn't want "a little woman to look after him." He wanted what we had. A partnership where things were done according to skill and desire. I was better at fixing the car than he was. He was good at playing guitar to me while I was in the tub.
My dad was the same. He was good at science and maths and baking. He also did the laundry, and split up the house chores on a rota between everyone that lived in the house.
The bills were all paid equally, into a kittie.

I never had the money issue, housework issue until I went dyketastic. Suddenly, a whole bunch of gender roles I never learned with money and housework were thrown at me.
And I have been told that "doing house work is upsetting to me because of the gender thing. I feel like I'm being feminized because my family..."
Wow. That sucks. I'm princess gender. I hear you. My gender requires I sit on the couch and eat cake while you vacume. I feel your pain."

Same thing goes for money. But I find its bent against me - since I'm the nurturer and carer, it's also up to me to pay the bills and do all the admin stuff.

So, I just make it really simple: im 46. We aren't raising kids together. Nor am I going to raise dogs with you. You can support yourself. I can support myself. It's going to stay that way. You be my fantastic, amazing best ever fabulous guest when you stay at mine, I'll be your fantastic, amazing, best ever, fabulous guest when I stay at yours.

That way the domestic responsibility is clear (your house, your responsibility; my little urban apartment, my responsibility) and I can avoid all the nonsense I've put up with with money etc.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 04:13 PM   #23
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I scored Generous Indulger with Lower Risk of Money Troubles.

I'm good at saving money, but I love spending it on myself and others. Anything that's not saved is spent without guilty feelings.

Good survey, imperfect_cupcake.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 04:37 PM   #24
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Secure saver
Does having money in the bank give you peace of mind? Do you enjoy putting your money away even when there’s nothing in particular to save for?
It’s clearly very important to have savings to provide security for you and your loved ones, as you never know when you might need them.
But remember that being secure isn’t just about saving wisely – it means spending wisely as well. Make sure you’re not denying yourself too much in the present with unnecessarily tight budgeting for the future.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 06:24 PM   #25
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Have a fair bit of money...just don't talk about it.

Don't have any money...talk about it all you want.

Either way, someone will be offended.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 06:28 PM   #26
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

I'm good at saving money, but I love spending it on myself and others. Anything that's not saved is spent without guilty feelings.

I got the same thing. Indulger, low risk. I just don't spend what I don't have.
Thanks!
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2018, 02:44 PM   #27
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hell yeah, first date discussion (not really, but I probably do "poke around" during the first handle of dates to see how people relate to and think about their money).

I would never date someone who wasn't open to having a retirement plan in place. I don't want to work forever (to cover your lack of planning), sorry.
I really agree with you. One of my mentors, when he was thinking of dating this woman asked her financial questions (to make sure they were on the same page financially speaking) and they were. He has around $80m now, and much of this is to his wife's working with him on finances.

I also came from a fortunate background, and would be most comfortable with someone from my own background.. more in common, more in synch, same financial beliefs, values, etc.

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #28
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Secure saver

To you money represents security. You like to save it for a rainy day.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #29
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Secure saver

To you money represents security. You like to save it for a rainy day.
me 2 dee secure saver
Old 07-09-2022, 09:19 AM   #30
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

This time I scored Generous Indulger with Moderate Risk of Money Troubles. The differences are: my income is lower because I retired since I last took the test and I'm spending more money when I'm anxious or worried, but that's just a temporary thing.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 02:22 PM   #31
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~

Generous indulger & Moderate risk of money troubles.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2022, 11:04 AM   #32
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~

Generous indulger & Moderate risk of money troubles.
Ditto. A little different than when I took it years ago.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: