Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Question Coming out, quick version

In the "It Hurts Me" thread Firedance said:

Quote:
I can handle being invisible. I have coming out to strangers down to an art form. I have a 30 second, two minute, and 20 minute version of my own gender-education/dynamic-education talk that I deliver to strangers, acquaintances, and friends regularly.
and thedivahrrrself said:

Quote:
This made me laugh out loud, because I have the same 3 versions, depending on the audience!
I'd love to know what you say! I find when non b/f people start questioning me it's kinda rude. I don't go around asking people why they are attracted to the people they are attracted to. I don't really want to know. But I understand they are curious.

My sister is constantly questioning me about it. It's annoying. Hasn't she heard of google? She wouldn't get it anyway.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quick version is:

"Pass the salsa, I'm a Lesbian."

Quick answer to "you have just not found the right man":

"and let me guess, you're the chosen one"

Quick answer to "well why not just date a man then":

"I like pussy"

Quick answer to "but you use a strap on":

"I wear it" or "it does not squirt disgusting stuff"

Quick answer to "why would you choose to be Femme"

"in Butch clothes I look too much like Truman Capote"
Old 04-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Nip it the bud

I ask what makes you so rude that you gotta be up in my sexuality, I don't ask you why you're hetero...
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe it's my saucy disposition but no one has ever asked me such things, i'd eat their lunch possibly!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Maybe it's my saucy disposition but no one has ever asked me such things, i'd eat their lunch possibly!
Cool! Next time I get bored with the same old tv dinner as usual, I'll ask you something like that, you can eat my lunch then I'll have a reason to get chinese food or something really good. Thanks for the info!!!! I'll be hitting you up soon I suspect. lol
Old 04-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
They never ask me anything personal again! lol.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

For the Long Version, I like to use the gingerbread person:

So, I explain that while I am female and express femininity, I am attracted to those who express as masculine, but who are chromosonally XX, be they FTM, TG, or butch women, which makes me queer and often at odds with the popular lesbian community.

The 5-second version usually involves the phrase "my ex-wife" [was the same way, did the same thing, took all my money] LOL It's relatively clear.

I rarely utter the words "I am a lesbian". Straight people don't say "I'm straight". They just talk about their life like it's completely normal, even if I think they're weird. ("My boyfriend loves fireworks and builds rockets.") So, I follow their lead and do the same thing. ("Your boyfriend likes blowing stuff up too? The woman I'm dating helped design the cruise missile system. One of our favorite vacation spots is near a blast site.")

I used to "come out" in those terms, "I'm gay". But it opens people up for a political conversation I don't always care to have. Approaching it the other way does not leave them any room to attack. It says, "we are not different" rather than "I am different from you in this way" It does not have an agenda, except to seek common ground.

Even the most conservative people have a hard time labeling you as some radical dyke if you approach things in this way. You're talking about your life, I'm talking about mine. We're just two people wandering through the world. If they are that averse to gays, they'll politely end the conversation and stop telling me about their gross hairy boyfriend in the future. It's a win-win.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

I've always worked with men. I get called sir constantly. Men would still hit on me. I usually found myself saying to them something along the lines of "really bitch"?
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

And if they invoke religion, I simply reply, "Well, God made me a lesbian because He knows how much I hate body hair. The idea of curling up to a bushy, hairy armpit makes my stomach turn"
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #10
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

When asked; in the past I’ve replied with these…

One who seeks to know: “Are you gay?”
Me: “Why, yes I am! Thanks for asking!”

Me: “Can I ask if you are?”
One who seeks to know: “No!”
Me: “Oh bugger!”

Me: “Yes, I am! And so is Christmas!”

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

If someone asks me straight out, I say that I am. But most people don't... they'll usually dance around it, saying, "Are you married? Seeing anyone? Dating?" and I just smile and say, "Eventually." That could mean anything... 10 years, 10 minutes after I leave work....
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #12
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
And if they invoke religion, I simply reply, "Well, God made me a lesbian because He knows how much I hate body hair. The idea of curling up to a bushy, hairy armpit makes my stomach turn"
I can't use that any more as I love my hubby's body hair. Who'da thought it!

I used to explain my sexuality to people, until I got bored. I wasn't put on this earth to educate them. The less I cared the less grief I seemed to get, but maybe I don't remember it as it stopped bothering me.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
Cool! Next time I get bored with the same old tv dinner as usual, I'll ask you something like that, you can eat my lunch then I'll have a reason to get chinese food or something really good. Thanks for the info!!!! I'll be hitting you up soon I suspect. lol
&#*(@&(**#(@!*)#* !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

i once told a man that if he and i were the last two people on Earth mankind would end with us.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
&#*(@&(**#(@!*)#* !!!
oh great there goes my chinese take out hopes.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #16
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
Hahahahah love it!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #17
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
oh great there goes my chinese take out hopes.
Exactly! ......

The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: