Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > New York Forums

Old 05-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #41
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

I just wanted to find a place to plug the Alexander McQueen retrospective at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

The fashion is amazing, the presentation, lighting, video everything - breathtaking.

Seriously, even if you're not a big fashion person, go. just go. It's just awesome.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #42
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Hi, everyone,

My friend Alice is someone who works to place cats in permanent homes. Cats with a less conventional gender presentation are, like us, more at risk for being mistreated. Thus she asked if I'd post at our site, as she wants to maximize the chances that this cat finds a loving, empathic forever home.

Jennifer

See ad written by Alice below:

"INTERSEX CAT SEEKS WELCOMING HOME

Our differences make the world go round! My name is Bowie (yup, like David Bowie!) and I was rescued from the mean streets of Brooklyn this past April. When I went to be spayed the vet discovered I am a happy and healthy intersex kitty.

My anatomy includes a uterus, penis, undescended testicles, vagina, cute pink nose, loving eyes, adorable whiskers, a gorgeous set of chops, big lovable paws, and luxurious black and white fur that's nonstop! I am large and in charge at 14 beautiful pounds, and I'm one of the most sweet-natured, easygoing tuxedo kitties you will ever meet!

I would love to live in a home with at least 1 other cat, because I'm used to being around other cats, and I miss them! And since I am a self-sufficient type, I do not demand a lot of attention, but gladly accept it when offered. I won't be a lot of extra work, I promise.

In fact I'm still a little reserved with people, after spending the whole winter outside as a stray. But now, I'm inside and safe, and my foster dad has been bringing me out of my shell with scratches on the head and pets, which I LOVE. He just has to make the first move, and then I'm 100% mush! Then I follow him around a little bit, and we enjoy each other's company.

What makes me so great is that when you want my attention you can have it, but when you'd rather be left alone, I can do that too. I am a very mellow, easygoing cat. Would you give me a chance?"

If interested, please PM me or email the cat rescuer (my friend, Alice) directly at: alicealice5566@gmail.com
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #43
blueeyes226_l

How Do You Identify?:
soft butch-I am who I am
Relationship Status:
single and looking

blueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputationblueeyes226_l Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
Been wanting to attend butch/femme Socials for some time, sadly I don't live in NYC anymore -sulks-
do share photos and stories !!
Cute cats AND SAYING.
Hoiw is every one? For the people who don't know where I'm from I'm from WNY,near Olean-Hornell,N.Y. Down by the Pa State Line.
blueeyes226_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #44
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Hey was just wondering if anyone lives in Staten Island and if so, what do you think about it?

Thanks,
Scout
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #45
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,331 Times in 2,662 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

<-- ex New Yorker
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #46
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation
Default ATTENTION N.Y. AND N.Y.-ADJACENT LAURA NYRO FANS:

ATTENTION N.Y. AND N.Y.-ADJACENT LAURA NYRO FANS:

Michele Kort is moderating a panel on Laura at the Stoned Soul Symposium at 12:30 on Aug. 11 at the Bruno Walter Auditorium of the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, at 65th and Amsterdam.

The panelists will be Laura's friend Felix Cavaliere (who coproduced Christmas and the Beads of Sweat), Herb Bernstein (arranger of More Than a New Discovery, her first album), and Sheila Weller (author of Girls Like Us).

Michele is, if you didn't already know, the author of the Nyro bio Soul Picnic: The Music and Passion of Laura Nyro.

That night at 6 p.m. at the Damrosch Park Bandshell outside of Lincoln Center will be The Triple Goddess Twilight Review honoring Laura's music, featuring Labelle members Nona Hendryx and Sarah Dash, Desmond Child & Rouge, Melissa Manchester and cabaret singer Kate Ferber.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:00 PM   #47
NYCcatFemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ Queer / Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
single not looking

NYCcatFemme Has the BEST ReputationNYCcatFemme Has the BEST ReputationNYCcatFemme Has the BEST ReputationNYCcatFemme Has the BEST ReputationNYCcatFemme Has the BEST ReputationNYCcatFemme Has the BEST ReputationNYCcatFemme Has the BEST ReputationNYCcatFemme Has the BEST ReputationNYCcatFemme Has the BEST ReputationNYCcatFemme Has the BEST ReputationNYCcatFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hi from a newbie ;-)

Hello NY!!! For short I will call myself NYC Cat and for those of you old enough to recall I was BklynFem on FB.com wayyyy back when, and a wrangler on FABU EAST when there were email lists.

I am a NYC area fifty something femme, sane and funny. I spend my free time rescuing and fostering cats -- so if you are looking for a great cat to adopt -- look me up!

I am newly single and looking for folks to chat with, catch a movie, and have a bite ( I am a vegetarian with vegan leanings). '

Looking forward to spending some time on the planet!

NYCcatFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NYCcatFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #48
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Queer Munch starting in Long Island! For those who don't know, a Munch is a relaxed get-together at a restaurant for people into BDSM.

It will hopefully be a monthly event, starting next Sunday, November 16, 2014 · 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM at The Cheesecake Factory Restaurant in Westbury (The Mall at The Source, 1504 Old Country Road, Westbury, NY 11590).

If you would like to come, please RSVP either on this thread or by PM so I can hold a table for the correct amount of people. We'll be meeting outside the restaurant and going in together. But if you're late, please come find us!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
HoldMeSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #49
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default NY

Hello NY friends,

I am headed to NY and New England next month. PM me if you would like to meet up for a visit.

Chad
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote