Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Al-anon, Nar-anon: when someone you love is practicing addiction.

My name is Drew and I am an alcoholic-addict. I have been clean for 25 years. But that's not what this thread is about.

My 17 year old daughter Jessica is abusing drugs and alcohol. She refuses to admit she has a problem although there are some tangible consequences happening as a result of her drug use. Her violent outbursts at her grandmother (my ex-wife's mother), whom she lives with, have her grandma in fear for her life. Jess hangs around adults who take drugs and are violent people, she has stopped going to high school altogether, and she has stolen her grandmother's ATM card and withdrawn $700 with no explanation about what she did with that money, and she is bringing her friends home to live with her even though her grandmother doesn't want them in her house. Jess simply threatens to get rid of her grandmother's dog and she caves.

I can't convince Jess's grandmother to kick her out or report the stolen money to the police. I can't convince her do anything about this. My ex-wife (who has legal custody of Jessica) doesn't want anything to do with Jess and won't get involved in any constructive way. She yells at her mother and at Jess and that's about it. Jessica's biological father is a practicing addict himself and has a history of being violent with her when she was younger. Basically I am the only parent in her life who believes she needs some tough love and treatment for her addiction, but I have no parental rights since I am not biologically her parent. I can't have Jess come live with me because I am on disability and living with my parents in a retirement community. What complicates this further is Jess will be 18 in 2 months. Then there will be nothing any parent can do as far as forcing her into treatment.

Are there any other people who have someone in their life who is on a crash course with jails, institutions and possibly death due to an addiction? Perhaps we can support each other here.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post: