Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-16-2019, 08:25 PM   #4401
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Lugging groceries up three flights of stairs is a pretty big chore, if you ask me. I can barely carry one bag, let alone three. I usually have to go one bag at a time, which carries over into going up and down the stairs multiple times.

That's an excellent work-out, in my mind.

Three cheers for you, CCB.
Thank you! I'm trying to do little things where I can, but I am having a very hard time starting a regular exercise routine.

I don't think couch to 5k is for me because I really don't want to run. I have arthritis and I'd rather do something lower impact. The gym is not an option because our car is dying. So it's between walking and YouTube videos.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2019, 07:28 PM   #4402
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

well....

interestingly enough I accidentally started week 2 of the C25k.

It consists of 90 seconds running followed by 2 minutes walking. I actually found it easier and was ready to run before the 2 minutes were up. Very odd.

My breathing is the main reason for my lack of progression. I'm trying breathing exercises to expand my lung capacity ( I have always had bad lungs, having had childhood asthma and being prone to respiratory infections; I attribute it to living with smokers almost the entirety of my life) This seems to actually be helping.

I don't feel the endorphins till after I'm done. But they are fanfriggintastic.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:31 PM   #4403
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I did a little walking today.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2019, 07:28 PM   #4404
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today is Sunday, May 19th, and I exercised for the first time this month. I have had a whole to-do with iron vitamins that made me sick. My dad suggested I test my hematocrit and it was a little low (nothing shocking), so on my own I decided to take extra iron. I already get 18 mg per day (the recommended dose for women) in my multivitamin but I'm vegetarian x decades so I always try to look out for anemia. Anyway, I started taking one 65 mg iron pill per day without food. It made me nauseous but I just persisted on. Then I guess it built up in my system and I started having horrible stomach problems that were hard to get rid of, very severe cramps. Such a nightmare. I went off all my vitamins (I also had been taking B12 and Vitamin D with no problems.). I did that because I think my stomach needs to heal from the iron. Oh, it's been quite a disaster.

Anyway, when I arrived at the gym I was really tired. I sat and read a NY Times article and ate an apple. I talked to La La. She was wearing a bikini and had been sunning herself on the roof. She asked where I'd been, and I told her my story. Somehow getting up and chatting with her energized me a bit, so I went and did my stairmaster, a less stringent routine.

Levels 9 down to 1, repeated for 15 minutes, 30 seconds each level.
Levels 9 down to 1, repeated for 3 minutes, 15 seconds each level.
Then I was exhausted and went rogue, keeping it on Levels 1-3 depending on how I felt. My heart rate was in the 160's, and I didn't want it to get higher so it worked out well. I did the stair master 35 minutes total.

Then I did 30 minutes on the weight floor. It was all men on the weight floor. It was a beautiful day. Everyone was presumably outside. It was also kind of late, dinner time.

I'm glad to be back at the gym and hope I don't have any more setbacks.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2019, 06:38 PM   #4405
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Jennifer,

Just a suggestion ... before you take vitamins like iron or b anything, be sure and eat first .... makes my stomach hurt reading this because I have done that same thing you did.

Best Wishes! Here is a for your tummy.
RockOn
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2019, 08:58 PM   #4406
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

No exercise today. Exercised 35 minutes on the stairmaster yesterday, Monday May 20, 2019:

Levels 8 down to 1 on my favorite stairmaster: 1 minute each level x 1 set, then several 30 second sets, then several 15 second sets, then going rogue between levels 1 and 3 (Can't quite remember, but something like that)

Today I seem to be starting to get sick, but hopefully won't. I work with babies so... the other staff have been sick, and I definitely have or am fighting off what they have. First world problems but frustrating to deal with another ailment. Hope it doesn't become full-blown .

Here is what I have had physically in the past few months:

cold (caught from spouse)

iron vitamin disaster

cold - maybe / current (caught from work)

UGH!

Yesterday at the gym feels so far away!

So yesterday at the gym, I ran into Judith. I told her my vitamin story which I thought she might get involved with but she totally was not into. It was nice to see her as always.

I spent time with La La as well. I think she checked in with me about my vitamin angst (nice), and then I asked her some questions about her vitamins. She said she takes Biotene (just spelling by sound) for hair and nail growth / health. She takes chromium. And she takes something for bones- I forget what. She said that generally she finds vitamins to be gimmicky which is what she told me yesterday. I also asked La La how fast she walks on the treadmill and she said 3 to 3.7.

I ran into Gayle, the old Ricky Lake producer who does a slow 2 hours every day on the elliptical while reading. As always, she was blowdrying her hair. She's growing on me very slowly. And I think she feels the same about me.

I ran into Hillary, the one who Taylor left me for to go talk with another time. Hillary is a young lawyer and has chronic lyme disease which seems to be well treated.

It was nice to see so many regulars. OMG, I'm so tired right now but I wanted to catch up on this thread anyway

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2019, 11:05 PM   #4407
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Vitamins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
iron vitamin disaster
Several years ago, getting older and living alone, I considered it wise to consult an expert - a naturopath, on the use of vitamins... Not only did she recommend certain vitamins, but also chose which brands, as well as tell me when to take them.

Not being an expert on biology nor believing in self-diagnosis, I am grateful for the wise advice she gave, which has been quite beneficial.

I did throw out a multi-vitamin drugstore variety that didn't cost me much that I had tried earlier. And, now, I use a better quality multi-vitamin, NewChapter (every woman's, 40+), and 3 others as needed: a probiotic, Omega-3 from NutraSea, Vitamin E from Natural Factors (this to prevent the onset of Dupuytren's contracture (because of Viking genes), + CanPrev Magnesium (gentle) - to prevent Charley horses (something that I suffered from even as a child).

All the food we eat no longer contains all the vitamins and minerals that were initially in them years ago, all because of the agri-business over-farming of land and crops. I am also careful in choosing organic over cheaper food types, whenever I can.

I have a Sodastream, and drink more of that than pop.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 07:51 AM   #4408
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post

Today I seem to be starting to get sick, but hopefully won't. I work with babies so... the other staff have been sick, and I definitely have or am fighting off what they have. First world problems but frustrating to deal with another ailment. Hope it doesn't become full-blown .

Here is what I have had physically in the past few months:

cold (caught from spouse)

iron vitamin disaster

cold - maybe / current (caught from work)

UGH!
Airborne. Or Emergen-C. I can't stress these enough. Airborne has worked wonders for me throughout the winter and Emergen-C can be taken warm or cold in water. I don't like their chewables as much as I do Airborne's. It's an immune system bump and has never caused any issues with side effects for me. I take the chewables immediately before eating breakfast to get the day started on the right foot.

I hope it doesn't develop into anything!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 04:30 PM   #4409
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

So I did what I could of C25k week 2 day 2. It's supposed to be 90 sec running 2 minutes running.

Seems like my breathing is greatly improved. I'm not as winded during recovery like I was before. But now my bad hip ( I feel like I'm 90 saying that!) is giving me angst. It's an oldish injury from my car accident in 2014. It doesn't bother me when I'm walking but when I run.....good lord.

So from now on I think I'll try taking an ibuprofen or three before I "wog" (as I call it; walking/jog lol)

I need to get more regular with my yoga since that tends to help that hip open more.

My weight is consistently going down and I'm glad for that, but I feel like I need to step up my workouts and stop being wishy washy. The only thing I do consistently is the C25K. But even that I can't do in its entirety. YET.

On a positive note, my calves and my thighs feel stronger. I'm just hoping as the weight comes off it starts to get easier. I just don't enjoy the running. YET
Old 05-22-2019, 04:37 PM   #4410
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Oh and I meant to chime in on the iron convo!

I have a heck of a time with my iron being low. I used to linger for days in bed, weak as a kitten. Iron pills are NOT my friend and leave me feeling sick. I only could tolerate the lowish dose in prenatal vitamins when I was carrying my daughters.

So I have two suggestions:

1) told to me by an older nurse; their word is gospel to me. Take your iron pills not only on a full stomach but also with orange juice. Something about the juice helps with absorbing the iron and lessens the icky feeling they give your tummy. (very professional medical terminology here!)

2) while I was down south I began using cast iron pans for cooking almost exclusively. I was told by my doctor and a nurse that it would help my iron. I figured it was trace amounts but it PROFOUNDLY helped my iron and I no longer have need of supplements.

just a couple things to consider! I hope one or the other helps you dearest friend <3
Old 05-22-2019, 07:51 PM   #4411
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default running training

How To Start Running When You're Overweight

"Here's how to start running when you're overweight. Losing weight can feel extremely daunting as a task, and as such keeps even the most strong-willed people from getting started. While it may feel too intimidating to walk into a gym without a plan or self-confidence, it's never too early to simply start moving. Coach Holly breaks down her best tips for getting started safely and making it stick. Consider this the start of an awesome journey!"

"Keep it easy guys and take lots of walk breaks.
Lose the walking is cheating mindset will allow
your body time to slowly adapt and progress from there!..."

keep on keepin' on friends, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 08:00 PM   #4412
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default stretching...stretching...and more stretching

Beginner Runners' Guide to Stretching and Mobility

Hatha yoga is excellent stretching as well...and is
my stretching method...remembering to breathe
deeply and slowly...

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2019, 08:47 AM   #4413
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Those videos are great, Greco! Thanks for posting them.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2019, 11:37 AM   #4414
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I love yoga....when I take the time to do it....

Those videos were awesome. I’m not sure what type of yoga my yogi does. I just know it feels good during and even better after.

As for me, today I did a an awesome kettle bell workout. And I’m currently watching another since beginner is a little too easy for me. I think I need a 20lb weight soon though. I find my muscles respond well to exercise (probably because I’m short limbed; muscles just develop quicker it seems)

I appreciate all of y’all keeping me motivated and accountable!
Old 05-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #4415
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Here's a snapshot of the type of exercise I've been getting, over the past six weeks:

1) Preparation for my move, which happens next weekend. I have carefully packed up all the contents of my house, which the count of boxes (small to very large) stands at 55. I bought three huge new boxes at Lowes tonight, to pack up my wardrobe which doesn't hang on hangers. And I have 5 other small boxes yet to seal up with packing tape (shower, bathroom, kitchen stuff, cleaning stuff, etc), which will bring the total count of boxes to 63.

2) I've deep cleaned appliances that stay in the apartment, and I've deep cleaned appliances that are mine that I am taking with me to the new studio apartment. That took a whole weekend, just a couple weeks ago, or so.

3) Last weekend, I did up all my laundry and freshened up laundry, in case I am burned out after the move and can't bring myself to do laundry again.
Also, last weekend, I washed all the walls and cleaned all the windows. This weekend, I am painting the walls and trim, throughout the apartment. I just bought the best paint in town and all the stuff I need to do it with (brushes, rollers, paint pans, paint cloths, painter's tape, etc). I'm even leaving the expensive LED lightbulbs in the apartment, as a kind gift to the new renter who probably can't afford to buy them, and it will reduce their electricity bill. I hope they silently thank me for the rest of their lives (lol).

This is it, the moment I've waited for since last year and all the years before, when I couldn't move, but now I can. So happy I can do it. I earned it and I deserve it.

The new studio is situated in a very quiet, median range income type neighborhood. We have a huge indoor pool and spa. It's got an expansive layout with plenty of room to begin a new life. And to learn how to find my balance on my bicycle and hopefully regain some mobility skills which have been so hard to accomplish. Between practicing mobility exercise in the pool and to train to learn how to ride a bicycle again, I might be a few steps closer to who I used to be, before the day I nearly lost my life in a car crash, on the job.

I'm getting there: One step at a time. One day at a time. And sometimes, one moment at a time.

Cheers to all of you, in the exercise group.

K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2019, 09:57 AM   #4416
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I had a great workout day on Saturday.

Went for my early morning wog (still on week 2 of C25K, and probably going to stay there for quite a while)

Then got home to an empty house (!!) and did a step aerobics routine I found on YouTube.

Followed by some Yoga with Adrienne because the step made me realize how stiff my hip flexors were.

Then I ruined all of that by having a (drive in) movie night. Today I have a sugar hang over. But back on track today
Old 05-26-2019, 07:50 PM   #4417
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I had two great exercises yesterday and today (Saturday and Sunday).

First of all I ended up being able to fend off myself from fully getting that cold that was going around the daycare where I work. What a relief!

Yesterday I went to the gym and did my favorite stairmaster for 40 minutes. My pattern (I think) was:

Levels 8 down to 1 (1 minute each level, 1 set)
Levels 8 down to 1 (2 minutes each level, 1 set)
Level 1 for the rest of the time (not balancing hands on sides, in order to keep my heart rate up when needed)

I did that during the day yesterday, and then yesterday evening I walked for like an hour in the park (10K).

Today I went on a walk with an old college friend, Alice, and her five-year-old son, so it was very stop and start but altogether 15K.

Judith from the gym actually joined in for part of it but then left us to head back to the gym.

It feels so good to feel healthy and the sunny weather and be able to move and be active with friends.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2019, 06:24 PM   #4418
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did 35 minutes on my favorite stairmaster. My second favorite one is out of order so I really got lucky that someone was getting off just as I wanted to get on. My pattern was:

Levels 8 down to 1: 2 sets at 2 minutes each level, followed by 2 sets at 30 seconds each level. Then I just did level 1 for the rest of the time. It was great!

I had a funny interaction with Judith today. OMG, it was so funny. I was sitting on a locker room bench while she arrived and was getting herself situated. She had brought in take-in Asian food which she had not yet unpacked. She also brings in a plate, cup, and silverware from home to use for her dinner (real table setting type deal). I've met my match in quirkiness! So she said to me, "Do you want some soy sauce? I have like TONS of soy sauce, and it's the best in all of Japan: Kikkoman." Judith is from Hong Kong so I was all excited, thinking, "Wow, she is going to set me up with all these jars of free soy sauce that is the best of the best." I said, "Yes, I'd love that. I make tofu and vegetable stir-fries." So then she goes in her bag and takes out a handful of soy sauce packets that she had accumulated from ordering sushi and not using all the packets. I was so disappointed! It's funny when you think one thing but it ends up being another

I had a great talk with Taylor. When we first ran into each other, I was cool with her. I was still a bit jealous of how she left me for Hillary last time I saw her. She asked how I was this time, and I said fine, and she caught how I was being and so when I asked how she was, she said good. But then the Taylor Bug took hold of me, and I could not resist talking to her in a real way. The fact is, I love Taylor! She feels like a very special friend to me. Sometimes we push people away a bit when we like them because we are scared of them not caring as much about us.

Taylor is having quite the soap opera with her love life. It was juicy AF! Ross, the billionaire who she works for, is divorcing his current wife with whom he has two older children, one of whom committed suicide (!). He is then telling Young Taylor that he wants her to marry him and have his kids. She was playing this all off as so romantic and soulful but c'mon- Ross is a total asshole and Taylor is completely green... as well as an asshole herself! Ross and Taylor are having unprotected sex, and Taylor is hoping to get pregnant.

Taylor still looks extra skinny, and she said it's because of her Topemax which she takes for migraines. Taylor is 5'1.5" and weighs 85 pounds. I am 2.5 Taylors! Literally! We discussed it. I also saw La La (the other anorexic) but unlike what Taylor did to me with Hillary, I totally kept all my attention on Taylor every time La La passed us. The fact is I just adore Taylor. Taylor actually did expound a bit on Hillary, which made me feel better. I think she mentioned it just as part of our conversation because, of course, I never told her how it hurt me last time when she left me to go bond with Hillary. She told me today that she and Hillary are close friends. She said that it was Hillary's birthday this week and that she got Hillary olive oil and champagne and took her to lunch. Taylor didn't have lunch but she spent special time with Hillary. That actually made me feel better because I felt like Taylor didn't ignore me just for some random semi-friend at the gym.

Taylor told me that she has a piece of gum for lunch, varying only the flavor. She said that Ross, the billionaire for whom she works as the house manager, has a chef who offers her a selection of gum flavors at lunch time. Oh boy.

I also hung out with Miriam, my 80 year old chubby Jewish friend. I also love Miriam beyond all measure. She is taking lots of jazz dance classes. She said the reason that she's aged so well is never having had kids.

I even fit in a little time hanging out with Gayle, who I am deepening my relationship with slowly. We bonded about not being morning people.

It was such a great Memorial Day weekend of exercise. I hope I can carry the good vibes into the work week.

If you've read this far .

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 10:51 AM   #4419
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default s3

The snakes are out.

Let me start from the beginning...Plan: Tempo Run on my new
favorite isolated 14mi trail...Actually Accomplished: 1.5mi in...
then SNAKE...long, long snake stretched out sunning itself across
the road. Was it a Bull snake?...a Rattler?...Didn't get close enough
to tell...wasn't going to jump over to check, NO.

So, headed back 1.5mi out with a PB (Personal Best) time...laughing.
Friend of mine later told me that many wild things were in their
caves, holes...and it's Spring so out them come...bears, snakes
etc...and they're HUNGRY. Ha!

Thing is I know about the Wild Things here...it is the High Desert
after all...but have been running and walking through the cold season.

Ok, so now what? Another trail...not quite so isolated...will miss running
this one OR...will run on it later say middle of June when the
Wild Things are FULL. Damn...today Rest day.

Tomorrow, weights...and 6mi run.

By the way, I don't listen to music, or audio books when out in Nature
...Love the sound of my footsteps, the birds, wind, and
things slithering in the sand...Ha!...and the smell of
Piñon, and Juniper in the air...did I mention the
wide sky...and nourishing Sun! Ok enough.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 07:28 AM   #4420
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default 6

Early am 6mi run in my usual desert road...quiet...
a bit cloudy...thinking about Nature and how I will miss
this wide open sky...almost no humidity...and the Space
...the natural Beauty of this place. Anyway, tonight...weights.

I want to share that being Vegan has made all the difference
on many levels. It's not for everyone, but it certainly is
for me. I am grateful for the discovery and for this day.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights