Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 10-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation
Default Arcade issues

Hi there! Wow Connect has not been working for me for several months now.... is there a site issue? I LOVE that game!!!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Tournaments Won: 7

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation

I just played it with Google Chrome. But I wasn't sure what to do once the game ended, I couldn't enter a user name and password to submit my score and it just started another game instead of coming back to our leaderboard.
Dutch Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

There was a licensing issue with WOW connect that has beem in limbo for a while now.

Let me try to explain what we're working with:

Our arcade contains games that someone else built. We get them as a free download and can use them as an addition to our site with the understanding that we cant modify their content (beyond renaming them).

VBulletin is the software we use to run this site. They are who determines if the addons that people build (like the arcade) are safe enough to use with this software. A while back, Vbulletin determined that the WOW Connect game had a serious security flaw and basically coded the game so that it was unavailable while they demanded that the developer (the person who actually built the game) fix the hole.

It came back online after about a month and seems to be rather sketchy right now depending on what browswer people are using.

The best I can say is that we will probably remove that game from this package if we see that after a month there will not be a security update. Again, we dont have the ability to fix it ourselves or we would but neither Linus nor I are a game designer (very different from both our expertise although I suspect Linus could figure it out!) and we dont have legal permission from the designer to alter the game. (PLUS, VB would then hold us responsible for it's security).

We'll keep an eye on it but please let us know if it's not back up online within a month or so and we'll update if we hear anything.

Thanks!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

I wonder if the same problem exists with the chess game. I have beaten the computer 3 different times now yet my score is still zero? It's hard to beat the computer , it knows every possible move. You put them in checkmate you should at least get 1 point.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
I wonder if the same problem exists with the chess game. I have beaten the computer 3 different times now yet my score is still zero? It's hard to beat the computer , it knows every possible move. You put them in checkmate you should at least get 1 point.
This seems like it might be a different issue. Let me check the tables in the back and see if anything needs to be repaired. I know that it's normal to have hiccups with this game package but that many times makes me think that the scheduler that records scoring has a flaw.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I use Firefox and Wow Connect has been working fine with it since it came back to us

I missed it and am also one of those that enjoy this game

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
There was a licensing issue with WOW connect that has beem in limbo for a while now.
Darn, ok

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #8
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

I just checked the link again... because I'm stubborn... and it WORKED!! YIPPPEEEE!

Old 07-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
Ravenouss

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
There might be many princesses in a kingdom, but only one Queen!

2 Highscores

Ravenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST Reputation
Default IPad and Arcade

Anyone has trouble playing most games on the iPad? (I'm using Safari)
Going back to the laptop so that I can get my fix!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenouss View Post
Anyone has trouble playing most games on the iPad? (I'm using Safari)
Going back to the laptop so that I can get my fix!
Since a lot use Flash in their elements, it's not surprising that it doesn't work on the iPad since it doesn't support flash.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #11
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

aha..is that the same for iPhones as well? I wonder