Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

View Poll Results: What color would you like the first swapghan to be? (Please vote ONLY if you are participating)
Purple (any shade of including variegated) 2 6.45%
Neutral 5 16.13%
Autumn Jewel (Gold, Rust, Red, Purple, Yellow, Brown, etc) 13 41.94%
Blue (any shade of including variegated) 9 29.03%
Rainbow Squares 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #61
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hello to all

I knit and I like projects

can I join in?

ami
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #62
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

If you are on the list below, you are agreeing to make twelve 12" squares and to mail eleven to the other people on this list. Let me know ASAP if this is not what you expected so I can take you off the list.

1. Arwen
  2. Cath aka bit (need email please)
  3. SuperFemme (need email please)
  4. Christie
  5. Medusa (need email please)
  6. Paphigleo
  7. Linus
  8. K (Linus's partner)
  9. Novelafemme
  10. fishinabaggie
  11. Amiyesiam (need email please)
  12. ?
If you want, please also make 1 extra one that is Pink/Green or a combo. Per Dusa's suggestion we can make a blanket for the Site Reunion raffle/auction/etc.

Doing the extra square:
  • Paphigleo
  • Arwen
  • Cath
  • Christie
  • fishinabaggie
  • Novelafemme
  • PixieStars
If you want to sign up JUST for the pink/green one square, go ahead.

Okay. For the pink and green yarn, I found the follow. These are Red Heart Super Saver no dye lot so they should be really easy to find.

PINK=Pretty 'N Pink
GREEN=Spring Green

Your pink and green will be fine! Those colors are just in case anyone wants to find good colors in cheap yarn!

FAQ's
  • Any pattern is fine
  • 12" squares are necessary
  • Knit or crochet is good
  • April 30th is the date the squares should be out of your house and in the hands of the rest of the swappers
  • Please PM your emails to Arwen. If you put them in the thread, anyone can grab them including spammers.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #63
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

If you are on the list below, you are agreeing to make twelve 12" squares and to mail eleven to the other people on this list. Let me know ASAP if this is not what you expected so I can take you off the list.

1. Arwen
  4. Christie
  6. Paphigleo
  7. Linus
  8. K (Linus's partner)
  9. Novelafemme
  10. fishinabaggie
  11. Amiyesiam
  12. ?
If you want, please also make 1 extra one that is Pink/Green or a combo. Per Dusa's suggestion we can make a blanket for the Site Reunion raffle/auction/etc.

Doing the extra square:
  • Paphigleo
  • Arwen
  • Cath
  • Christie
  • fishinabaggie
  • Novelafemme
  • PixieStars
If you want to sign up JUST for the pink/green one square, go ahead.

Okay. For the pink and green yarn, I found the follow. These are Red Heart Super Saver no dye lot so they should be really easy to find.

PINK=Pretty 'N Pink
GREEN=Spring Green

Your pink and green will be fine! Those colors are just in case anyone wants to find good colors in cheap yarn!

FAQ's
  • Any pattern is fine
  • 12" squares are necessary
  • Knit or crochet is good
  • April 30th is the date the squares should be out of your house and in the hands of the rest of the swappers
  • Please PM your emails to Arwen. If you put them in the thread, anyone can grab them including spammers.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #64
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Default VOTES NEEDED PLEASE

We have eleven folks with a possible twelfth if Hippychickgrl decides to join us.

I am a doofus and spaced the fact that the poll would be on the front page where EVERYONE could vote on it. So it's a freaking mess.

SO!

I would like to hear from all the PARTICIPANTS (only) on what color they want this afghan to be. Remember it is yours to keep or give as a gift so keep that in mind.

Here are the colors we talked about:

Purple (any shade including variegated)
Neutral (tan, brown, black, ecru, white, varigated)

Autumn Jewel Tones (Red, Gold, Brown, Ebony, Green, Purple, variegated)

Blue (any shade including variegated)

Rainbow (Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Green, Indigo, Violet and variegated)

Next question: Is anyone opposed to a Yahoogroup loop for the sole purpose of exchanging addresses and letting each other know how we are doing?

Old 12-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #65
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

We have eleven folks with a possible twelfth if Hippychickgrl decides to join us.

I am a doofus and spaced the fact that the poll would be on the front page where EVERYONE could vote on it. So it's a freaking mess.

SO!

I would like to hear from all the PARTICIPANTS (only) on what color they want this afghan to be. Remember it is yours to keep or give as a gift so keep that in mind.

Next question: Is anyone opposed to a Yahoogroup loop for the sole purpose of exchanging addresses and letting each other know how we are doing?

Autumn Jewel Tones are my fav, followed by the blue family (just not pastels).

Personally, there isnt anywhere in the house we could use rainbow, unless of course, I rig it to a flagpole on the front lawn. I am sure that the Methodist church congregation across the street would just LOVE that!!!

Yahoogroups is fine by me.

Arwen, thanks for all your efforts in coordinating this!

I managed to do the pink/green square yesterday! I am quite proud that I was able to figure it out! LOL I figure out depreciation schedules, accruals and the like... heaven forbid I not be able to figure out a granny square! LOL

Christie
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #66
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

neutrals or autumn colors are my fav's

yahoo group is fine, just tell me how!

are there going to be limits to needle size, patterns, etc? I think I am going to go read the whole thread lol

Quote:

SO!

Old 12-07-2009, 12:39 AM   #67
sweetcali
BFP Angel

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Yes I have a status.

Location: I ride a cowboy in Rodeo in the communist nation of the isle of cali.
sweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

I would love to participate in this. If it is not too late please add me to the list. Let me know please.

Thank you!!!

sweetcali
sweetcali is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetcali For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 01:00 AM   #68
Paphigleo

How Do You Identify?:
da Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
open to new possibilities

Paphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST Reputation

Blues, Neutrals, or Autums is great.. heck just about anything BUT pink (although I will happily purchase and work in pink for the the site raffle!

*winks* I dooo have some beautiful chocolate wool for the neutrals that has recently been added to my stockpile o fiber love!

But that is *my* vote

1. Blues

2. Neutrals

3. Autumns

I am the stone that the builder refused

I can't do this all on my own... I'm no Superman.

My armor, battered but strong. My sword, pitted but razor sharp. My body is bloodied but doesn't know to quit. I am battle-tested and proven, I shall live to fight another day.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...91850051_n.jpg
Paphigleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #69
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

And we are twelve!
  1. Arwen
  4. Christie
  6. Paphigleo
  7. Linus
  8. K (Linus's partner)
  9. Novelafemme
  10. fishinabaggie
  11. Amiyesiam
  12. Sweetcali (need email please)

Votes so far (I'm only counting your 1st choice):

• Purple (any shade including variegated)
  • Neutral (tan, brown, black, ecru, white, varigated) Amiyesiam
  • Autumn Jewel Tones (Red, Gold, Brown, Ebony, Green, Purple, variegated) Christie
  • Blue (any shade including variegated) Paphigleo
  • Rainbow (Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Green, Indigo, Violet and variegated)

So far everyone is good with the Yahoogroup.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #70
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Dear Jess, think of the damage you could do to her tubs and tubs of yarn.
Who do you think keeps her yarns, needles and "stuff" all neat and organized? Her amazing craftiness keeps the HouseDaddy in job security! ( Read: she can be Daddy's lil messmaker at times

I have tried over the years to do these needlecraft arts, because folks said it would help me relax and focus. RELAX???? EGADS! My internal pressure to do things perfectly goes into overdrive. I guess I am just not a "crafty" feller. I do so very much appreciate this skill/ art in others though!

Do I get to vote on colors since I will have to work it into our color scheme? Prolly not, huh? Drats!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #71
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

And we are twelve!
  1. Arwen
  2. Cath aka bit
  4. Christie
  5. Medusa (need email please) vote please
  6. Paphigleo
  7. Linus
  8. K (Linus's partner) vote please
  9. Novelafemme vote please
  10. fishinabaggie
  11. Amiyesiam
  12. Sweetcali (need email please)

Votes so far (I'm only counting your 1st choice):

• Purple (any shade including variegated)SweetCali
  • Neutral (tan, brown, black, ecru, white, varigated) Amiyesiam, FishinaBaggie
  • Autumn Jewel Tones (Red, Gold, Brown, Ebony, Green, Purple, variegated) Christie, Bit, Arwen, SuperFemme. Linus
  • Blue (any shade including variegated) Paphigleo
  • Rainbow (Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Green, Indigo, Violet and variegated)

So far everyone is good with the Yahoogroup.

Last edited by Arwen; 12-07-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: DUH figured out how to see the votes.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #72
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Just a reminder... Autumn colors include chocolate brown and deep jewel-tone blues, plus the camel-khaki-tan-mushroom family of neutrals. We don't necessarily have to be limited, yanno?

The difference between Autumn tones and say, Winter tones, is that Autumn colors are very warm--even the blues--and Winter colors are very pure (including all the icy blues).

So what fibers do people have in mind? Like Nick, I would prefer to work in wool, but I know everyone can't necessarily afford that. I think we have to consider shrinkage and washability of the finished blankets... if we use too many different fibers, they may shrink at different rates.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #73
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Just a reminder... Autumn colors include chocolate brown and deep jewel-tone blues, plus the camel-khaki-tan-mushroom family of neutrals. We don't necessarily have to be limited, yanno?

The difference between Autumn tones and say, Winter tones, is that Autumn colors are very warm--even the blues--and Winter colors are very pure (including all the icy blues).

So what fibers do people have in mind? Like Nick, I would prefer to work in wool, but I know everyone can't necessarily afford that. I think we have to consider shrinkage and washability of the finished blankets... if we use too many different fibers, they may shrink at different rates.

autumn was my second choice, I wanna go to the yarn store (NOW)
I so enjoy things that teach me to be patient.

I am up for anything fiber wise.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
Old 12-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #74
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
autumn was my second choice, I wanna go to the yarn store (NOW)
I so enjoy things that teach me to be patient.

I am up for anything fiber wise.

Yeah, so basically, this is just an excuse for us all to buy more yarn. I'm not fooling myself at all! LOLOLOLOL

Did you want to switch to Autumn then?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #75
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post

I'd like to have a set group of colors just so we can all stay within the same range. No more than 7-9 choices. Can you come up with a list and some pictures for reference? This is sooo not my strong suit!

I can not afford wool plus I'm allergic to it. I break out if it is against my skin.

I'd like to (for the sake of cost) stick to acrylic/cotton/blends. I found one wool yarn that didn't make me break out as badly. LOL
Old 12-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #76
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Yeah, so basically, this is just an excuse for us all to buy more yarn. I'm not fooling myself at all! LOLOLOLOL

Did you want to switch to Autumn then?

Yarn stores rock
sooooo is it acceptable to leave one's butch at a medical procedure and go to the yarn store with his card?
Oh the difficult choices I face in life

soo we need:

range of yarn colors:

type of yarn:
(cotton, acrylic,?)
yarn weight?:
(sport, worsted)

perhaps needle size range?:

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #77
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Ami, the squares need to be 12" finished, so I would imagine any needle/hook that works with your yarn and pattern to get that size. Worsted weight yarn usually crochets nicely with an F hook, I think, doesn't it?

Me, I just pick up hooks and try them till I like the way it looks. *sheepish smile*

Quote:
I can not afford wool plus I'm allergic to it. I break out if it is against my skin.
Then no wool for sure! And yes, I wondered about costs.

Um, Autumn colors... http://www.color-chart.org/blog/tag/...color-palette/ This is someone's blog entry with three separate Autumn color charts, maybe it will give us a starting point?

Also the Autumn blues are turquoise, teal, and dark periwinkle, in case anyone was mystified.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #78
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

I did this with an H hook. Turns out to be a total of eleven rows with RedHeart (forgot to write down which kind but it's the most common one. LOL)

The colors are not coming through. The green is MUCH more lime and the pink is much brighter.

http://twitpic.com/sqsgl link to square pic in case the one I am posting is too big.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 12:29 AM   #79
sweetcali
BFP Angel

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Yes I have a status.

Location: I ride a cowboy in Rodeo in the communist nation of the isle of cali.
sweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputation

I am really looking forward to this. I just need a tad bit of guidance. (shush no comments from the peanut gallery..lol)

So that I am clear, I make 12 squares plus one extra for the raffle. I am confused about the color scheme I am to use. Do I make the colors that won in the poll or am I making squares that the person voted for in the poll.

Thanks for your help...I really excited about doing this and looking forward to it. Thank ya'll for the opportunity to participate.

sweetcali
sweetcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #80
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcali View Post
I am really looking forward to this. I just need a tad bit of guidance. (shush no comments from the peanut gallery..lol)

So that I am clear, I make 12 squares plus one extra for the raffle. I am confused about the color scheme I am to use. Do I make the colors that won in the poll or am I making squares that the person voted for in the poll.

Thanks for your help...I really excited about doing this and looking forward to it. Thank ya'll for the opportunity to participate.

sweetcali
We will do twelve squares in the colorway that wins. So far it is looking like Autumn Jewel Tones are in the lead.

So:

• Twelve 12" squares (make sure they are 12"--lol)
  • I will be sending out an email invitation from the Yahoogroup by Sunday. This will be an email loop where we can discuss this and exchange addresses etc.
  • The size of the yarn and hook/needles do not matter as long as the final product is 12". The whole point is to have something with character, yes?