Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #21
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
There is a place in heaven for each and every one of you.

Being crafty is a gift! (I do not possess this gift)
Me either!!! Although I do make lifestyle toys and will create accessories that I need to complete an outfit/costume.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #22
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

June that is great!

Where do you all get your ideas???? I am so not creative.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #23
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Dee....

I get a lot a really wonderful ideas from art blogs and also YouTube tutorials! Try it out!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2011, 02:10 AM   #24
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

MBE scrapbooks.

I'm a bit more simple...

Crochet
Knit
Cross-stitch

I like to make my own designs.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #25
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Pinterest is a great place too.

But, be warned, it is addicting!

Old 12-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #26
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I have seen a lot of folks talking about Pintrest and am going to have to finally check it out!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #27
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday, I made a very expensive mistake with some fabric – I miscalculated the measurements when cutting….I was prepared to use the fabric for something else at a later time; like luxury cushion covers….but, I couldn’t think about that, I’d just stuffed up some costly fabric…

Travelling to a meeting earlier today, I needed to steady my nerves and focused on hand embroidery designs for cushion covers – I gave up….my mind was on the meeting and my nerves were rattling and jangled – no way was I focusing on anything creative. So, with my Muses taking a wee break my thoughts stayed with the meeting – travelling home, I came up with an idea to incorporate my mistake into the Sweater and embroidery design – I hoping it works….

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #28
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
Pinterest is a great place too.

But, be warned, it is addicting!

Yep, although I am not a crafty type, Pinterest has intriged me. The DIY crafts especially. A beer bottle chandelier has caught my eye!

Pinterest
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #29
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

pinterest is REALLY lovely, and full of ideas!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2011, 11:38 PM   #30
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My passion is scrapbooking. But not in the normal sense of scrapbooking. I love to make mini albums, cards, 3-d projects such as cute little boxes, purses, bags, etc.

Having an unexpected 2-4 weeks off work I hope to make some really cool fuckery..Will have to post some of my projects when I get them done.

I am working on a paper satchel that will hold 4 cards and envelopes. Pretty cute gift idea. Damon bought me a cricut for my birthday. It is awesome!! It is a die cut machine. Cuts paper in all sorts of shapes. I cant wait to try my hand at things like Tinkerbell images.

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #31
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

So far, I’ve resisted the temptation to look at Pinterest – I know when I do I’ll be under its spell….and I’m weeeaaakkk! I’m another one who gets inspiration from Etsy and stitching/crafty blogs, lol!

Last night I went over to one of my friends from the stitching group – she lent me the use of her sewing machine as we chatted and laughed. After doing household chores this morning I made a start on the Sweater that I stuffed up when cutting out….over the seam (that wasn’t meant to be), I’m hand embroidering a ‘lacing-up’ effect to “mask” it. I’m not wanting to hide the seam completely, as I can’t….what I’m wanting to do is give the effect that the ‘lacing-up’ is meant to be a part of the Sweater design naturally….of course, it could end up looking like a Picasso that’s been painted whilst drunk and then I have to unpick it all and start again! LOL! ….Here’s hoping that doesn’t happen, lol!

Lacing-up effect...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #32
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

June, I think they make a patch for that.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #33
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I get inspired by Etsy a lot. You could make cards out of your photos. Something I have seen alot is putting photos on a wire with round paper clips or clothespins.

I have a lot of vintage family photos of people I don't know that I might do this with as kind of a banner
I used to do this in my dorm rooms!

Every year I save all of my holiday cards in an attempt to recycle them and make "new" cards the next year. Every year it also never happens.

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #34
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
So, Jack cleaned out her "Butch Drawer" in the kitchen and brought me a bazillion Snus tins:

http://snusauthority.com/blog/wp-con...10-448x336.jpg

I was thinking about painting them and putting little scenes or funny vignettes inside of them. What would YOU do with those?
My mom used to modge podge them or stamp scenes onto them. There is so much you can do! Personally, I like your idea of teeny-tiny little scenes in them.

~Wade Davis
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #35
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

My current craft obsessions are subversive cross-stitch and decorating small, glass vials with beads. I'm crafty when I'm inspired. Recycling inspires me. I like being to do a project without having to buy anything. I also like creating something spectacular out of found objects.

Crafty

~Wade Davis
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #36
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Please consider joining the pen pal project that I am wrangling!!! Go read about it on the pen pal thread

We love reliable, new peeps!

"Penpals, Scrapbookers, Postcard Artists and Other Creative Types" - in the HOBBIES, CRAFTS, INTERESTS forum of Butch Femme Planet
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #37
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

....Bump!....

Yesterday I finished the Sweater….every time I started stitching the ‘Lacing-up’ effect it didn’t feel right, so I left it and concentrated on main design. Stitching it was a breeze and then I unpicked the ‘Lacing-up’ effect and have decided to leave the seam as is....

The heart on the right looks wonky because the fabric isn't laying flat, as it's hanging up drying....

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #38
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Would anyone care to add to this list of the best or favorite crafting-related websites?

Here are a few of mine:

http://www.craftster.org - Probably the best online community strictly devoted to crafts

http://www.pinterest.com - It's kinda like window shopping and highly addictive!

http://www.etsy.com - Homemade and artisan crafts. It's like eBay but without huge retailers (so far)

http://www.dickblick.com - My very favorite in the whole wide world craft store. CHEAP and great variety!

http://www.craftzine.com - Your basic awesomeness devoted to crafting

http://www.yessy.com - A place to buy and sell paintings direct from the artist.

http://www.joann.com - For fabrics and such

http://www.alphastamps.com - My favorite resource for rubber stamps. Average prices over all but GREAT clearance deals on rubber stamps, stickers, glitter, etc.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #39
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,855 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation

My first love is mosaics, but I also do a little furniture repurposing.

For mosaics, the site I use most is http://www.mosaicbeach.com (in Toronto). I mostly buy vitreous glass there. But by far my best shopping is done during the summer at yard sales. I am always looking for dishes to break (way therapeutic) and cut into tiles, and also furniture, mirrors, shelves, picture frames . . . anything that I can mosaic.

I've also gotten tons of great stuff for free by running ads on craigslist asking for broken dishes, ceramics, porcelain . . . and have snagged mosaic supplies this way too, from people giving stuff away.

Dollar stores are great for glass gems, small paint brushes (for applying glue, not so much for painting) and all kinds of other treasures.

Probably the greatest resource for things like (Oops) paint, drawer pulls, tiles, grout . . . is the Habitat for Humanity Restore. If you have one in your area or anywhere in driving distance, it's well worth the trip. Everything sells for a fraction of the price you would pay elsewhere, and (at least in Montreal) there is no tax. It would be the first place I'd go if I was doing any kind of home reno project because they have everything from sinks to doors to tools . . . anything that goes into the building of a house is likely to be found there for peanuts.

Home Depot is a fabulous resource for Oops paint (paint that doesn't turn out to be the colour the customer wanted and is put up for sale) especially if you like bright colours. I can get a gallon can here for $9, compared to the $40 something it goes for usually . . . you just have to check it regularly because it's hit or miss. (Actually most paint stores sell some Oops paint as well, just not in the same quantity as Home Depot.)
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #40
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

adding to medusa's list

artfire.com (like etsy)

ravelry.com (huge knitting, crocheting, spinning, weaving site)

interweave.com (knitting,crocheting, spinning, weaving again)

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post: