Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation
Default Something Delicious

Greetings,

Welcome to the Foodie Networking thread.

I thought that it would be fun to have a place where we could discuss all things and anything related to food, restaurants, ingredients, cooking tips, cravings, best of, worst ever and so on.

Have you been to a great little place that made the best "___" that you have ever had? Post about it.

Have you developed a taste for something new and delicious? Tell us about it.

Would you like to share tips or techniques for making something really good? Go for it.

Do you have a favorite childhood or family food memory to share?

Places to have general food discussion can be hard to find, so lets see what we can create here and have some fun while doing it.

Thank you, and Welcome!

Sun

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

subscribing....
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

such a good idea sun....we have a lot of good cookers here...of which i am not ....lol I DO love to bake though.....and I am also employed by a former chef who has opened my world to new ingredients and spices and such...ive learned a lot already....and i would love to learn more!
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

My first thought seeing this is that I want some good Pho.

Foodie checking in. Will be back. Thanks for starting this!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Poutine!

nice thread!

This is poutine made with turkey gravy (traditional is beef gravy) from our favorite restaraunt. This is the best place for Poutine! Myrts Family Restaraunt in Mattawa, ON ! i love their grilled fish !

They love their poutine in Canada!

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Foodies! There is an awesome app called *Foodspotting*

You can take a pic of any dish at any restaurant and share them with other Foodies.

It's lots of fun and it's free!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation
Default YAY!!

We have launched! Yay!

Awesome! Glad to see you all jumping on board and look forward to getting to know some of you through these discussions.

Corkey I am going to be looking out for some of your tips and grill talk.

Cinnamongrrl, I don't bake, well, only if I have to. lol. So I too will look forward to learning in here.

easygoingfemme..some good Pho would be great right now! If it is a good soup, I love it. Asian soup..even better.

Cant wait to see what you all will bring to this thread!

― Rumi

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #8
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

Favourite food memories as a child: Being in my Baba's kitchen, pinching pyrohy and stirring steaming vats of jam.

Favourite food memory abroad: My first meal in Paris (my first meal outside Canada, in fact,) was a full fondue. It was the most interesting hybrid of a place, all of us reclining on chaises and finishing our meal with fruity shisha and surreptitiously refilled glasses of wine.

Favourite food memory under duress: After surgery last year, they wouldn't let me leave until I'd eaten. I stared disconsolately at the toast, which celiacs can't eat, and my mother went and bought those Chapman's ice cream cups. I ate two in a row, having fasted then for over 24 hours, and the nurse came in. Oh my goodness, they tasted so amazingly good, and I was still eating as she said, "You've eaten all that ice cream? You're going to be sick." I pointed my spoon at her in my drug haze and said, "You don't know me. I like to hang onto my food."
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

A clean and well oiled grill is a happy grill.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Foodies! There is an awesome app called *Foodspotting*

You can take a pic of any dish at any restaurant and share them with other Foodies.

It's lots of fun and it's free!
Hi Dee! Welcome!

Wow I am going to have to check out that app. How cool.

Love the pic. Never tried that! Now there is a good reason to cross the border!

― Rumi

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #11
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisfawn View Post
Favourite food memories as a child: Being in my Baba's kitchen, pinching pyrohy and stirring steaming vats of jam.

Favourite food memory abroad: My first meal in Paris (my first meal outside Canada, in fact,) was a full fondue. It was the most interesting hybrid of a place, all of us reclining on chaises and finishing our meal with fruity shisha and surreptitiously refilled glasses of wine.

Favourite food memory under duress: After surgery last year, they wouldn't let me leave until I'd eaten. I stared disconsolately at the toast, which celiacs can't eat, and my mother went and bought those Chapman's ice cream cups. I ate two in a row, having fasted then for over 24 hours, and the nurse came in. Oh my goodness, they tasted so amazingly good, and I was still eating as she said, "You've eaten all that ice cream? You're going to be sick." I pointed my spoon at her in my drug haze and said, "You don't know me. I like to hang onto my food."
Love your stories! This made me laugh out loud!

I truly pity anyone that would try to get between myself and my ice cream.

What kinds of jams did you like most as a child? Recalling that I adored jam when I was young.

― Rumi

The Following User Says Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #12
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
So true. The next time that I grill for 100 people I am going to come looking for you. It all sounds fun until they all come back for seconds and my arms start getting grilled too! lol

― Rumi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun View Post
So true. The next time that I grill for 100 people I am going to come looking for you. It all sounds fun until they all come back for seconds and my arms start getting grilled too! lol
LOL you know where to find me, just make sure I have a chair...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #14
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am a foodie in that I love to eat what other people cook! I don't like cooking. Maybe when I am retired. My sister loves to cook and is so good at it. She comes home from work and is so excited to get into the kitchen. She loves to cook for crowds. She loves to grocery shop. I hate it. Sigh. I will read and listen and hopefully get some inspiration. My family thanks you. I am, though, a good cook. Just see it as more a chore. I am cooking dinner right now.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
i saw "girl" for " grill "

Wholeeee different meaning.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i saw "girl" for " grill "

Wholeeee different meaning.

ROFLMFAO!!!! Yes, quite....
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

I love to cook!

Problem is, I can only cook a few things other than my native Tex Mex cuisine--a little Italian, a little American comfort food--and I cannot document recipes because I was taught by my Guelita who didn't use measurements either...

That said, even if I follow a recipe I will modify it and hope for the best...lol...don't ask me why, maybe rebellious?

This is a great thread idea, Sun!

I could use a little sprucing up in the kitchen department.

I'm hoping to impress my guy with my skills...
In the KITCHEN!

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #18
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm less of a foodie and more of an eater.

Looking forward to what everyone comes up with.

In the meantime, I used to love going to this restaurant when I lived in WA. They have their own brewery on site and made a most delish warm spinach salad, which I don't think they carry anymore. I'd be sad, except I'm not there anyway, so I'm not.

http://www.silvercitybrewery.com/

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #19
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I am a foodie in that I love to eat what other people cook! I don't like cooking. Maybe when I am retired. My sister loves to cook and is so good at it. She comes home from work and is so excited to get into the kitchen. She loves to cook for crowds. She loves to grocery shop. I hate it. Sigh. I will read and listen and hopefully get some inspiration. My family thanks you. I am, though, a good cook. Just see it as more a chore. I am cooking dinner right now.
Hi Julie!

Yes cooking can be a chore and many people do not enjoy it. I love when someone cooks for me. That is by far one of my great joys in life. So what are you cooking?

― Rumi

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #20
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm less of a foodie and more of an eater.

Looking forward to what everyone comes up with.

In the meantime, I used to love going to this restaurant when I lived in WA. They have their own brewery on site and made a most delish warm spinach salad, which I don't think they carry anymore. I'd be sad, except I'm not there anyway, so I'm not.

http://www.silvercitybrewery.com/
Hi Gemme!

Wherever I go I can find a dish that I will enjoy and miss. Funny how many times spinach salad has come up as a topic in conversations with friends. Must be the dressing? A lot of people use bacon in the dressing. I do a spinach salad with soy, rice vinegar, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, a little toasted sesame oil and a little sugar. Then again I m in love with Asian flavors so that dressing could top many dishes and I would likely enjoy it!

― Rumi

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post: