Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #401
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i a hoping someone can help me out here.

i have a 15 inch '09 MacBook Pro that i am so in love with

It's been amazing, so far.

The battery was causing problems on my trackpad, because it needs to be replaced.

So i did the unthinkable and took the back cover off and removed the battery, sure enough that was the problem (thank you Youtube!)

Now i need a new battery- i am just pricing them up and want to install myself.

Anyone know where to get one? i am really leary off brands especially the ones from china that come in a brown plain wrapper....
girl-dee,
I get my Mac, my portable phones, 35 mm, and video-cam recorder all from batteries.com
http://www.batteries.com/_/N-/Ntt-ma...searchTerm=mac
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #402
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
girl-dee,
I get my Mac, my portable phones, 35 mm, and video-cam recorder all from batteries.com
http://www.batteries.com/_/N-/Ntt-ma...searchTerm=mac
Thank you Tommi!!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #403
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have used batteries4less.com for a couple of cameras and a cell phone also.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #404
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I have used batteries4less.com for a couple of cameras and a cell phone also.

thank you, i ordered one from ebay, no one has my exact battery...

Syr gifted it to me, bonus!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #405
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Apple's E-Book Price-fixing Case

By THE EDITORIAL BOARD
It came as no surprise that a federal judge on Wednesday ruled against Apple in an e-book price-fixing case. The easy money was always on the Justice Department, which had evidence that Apple conspired with five major book publishers to manipulate the market. Yet it remains an open question whether these legal proceedings served consumers’ best interest.

Before Apple launched its iBookstore in 2010, Amazon controlled 90 percent of the e-book market. Amazon set retail prices as it saw fit, often steeply discounting best-sellers and hawking them for $9.99, at a loss. Not unreasonably, publishers worried that Amazon was too dominant and were delighted when Apple came on the scene, introducing an “agency model” in which the publishers set retail prices and Apple took a cut. Apple proposed price caps of $12.99 and $14.99 for new releases, with contracts that also included a “most-favored-nation” clause: if a competitor’s list price for an e-book ever dipped below Apple’s, the publishers would match it, allowing the iBookstore to offer the best deal.

The Justice Department argued, and Judge Denise Cote of Federal District Court in Manhattan agreed, that Apple “facilitated a horizontal conspiracy” to eliminate retail price competition. Once the publishers were cozy with Apple, the Justice Department said, they used that relationship as a cudgel against Amazon, threatening to withhold new content unless Amazon moved to the agency model and let prices rise. The strategy worked. Amazon switched, and its prices went up.

To make its case, the government unearthed a telling e-mail from Steve Jobs, Apple’s chief executive at the time, in which he said he could tolerate Apple’s contracts with the publishers “as long as they move Amazon to the agent model too for new releases for the first year.”

Apple plans to appeal the decision.

The big picture is that while Apple’s pact with the publishers raised prices in the short term, it also brought much-needed competition to the e-book marketplace. It is estimated that Apple now controls 10 percent of that market and Amazon 65 percent, with Barnes & Noble and others splitting the rest. That is healthier for the publishers and for consumers, too.

The New York Times’s Editorial Board »

PUBLISHED JULY 12, 2013

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #406
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone upgraded to iOS 8 yet?

I got the new iPhone yesterday and it does not look like there is an option to use one of your photos as wallpaper.

Under settings > wallpaper, photos are not listed- just two of Apple's standard wallpapers.

I can't find a how-to online yet either.

Thanks.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

Old 09-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #407
Clyde

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Queer Butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/They.
Relationship Status:
Butchelor.

Clyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST Reputation

Anya- Go to the photo and taps the icon in the lower left. From there, select "Use as wallpaper".

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Has anyone upgraded to iOS 8 yet?

I got the new iPhone yesterday and it does not look like there is an option to use one of your photos as wallpaper.

Under settings > wallpaper, photos are not listed- just two of Apple's standard wallpapers.

I can't find a how-to online yet either.

Thanks.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2014, 03:03 PM   #408
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
Anya- Go to the photo and taps the icon in the lower left. From there, select "Use as wallpaper".
Thanks so much for this! It worked perfectly

~Washington Post