Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Parenting

Parenting This area is for discussing parenting, adoption and anything related to raising our kids!

Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #61
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenouss View Post
I never said an adult only space is not ok. Would you please point that out to me if I have done so?

My point, I believe, despite English being my first language is very clear: "someone is getting married, they should chose whoever they want to attend!"

*sigh*

I wasn't saying or implying you had, I even went as far as to send you a rep saying I was going to bounce off your post with a smiley face to clarify.

That's it just bouncing off a post. My bad..............
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #62
Ravenouss

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
There might be many princesses in a kingdom, but only one Queen!

2 Highscores

Ravenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
*sigh*

I wasn't saying or implying you had, I even went as far as to send you a rep saying I was going to bounce off your post with a smiley face to clarify.

That's it just bouncing off a post. My bad..............
My bad for taking it personally. My apologies and thank you for the clarification.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #63
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Phew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenouss View Post
My bad for taking it personally. My apologies and thank you for the clarification.

Thank you for the communication
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #64
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I personally love kids at weddings- unless they are crying/screaming during the ceremony (of course that goes for disruptive behavior by adults too). I love seeing all the different generations of people at a wedding- the more variety the merrier.

I have never received an invitation for an adult-only wedding, but it wouldn't influence my decision on whether to go or not. I do think it is up to the couple getting married. Hopefully when couples get married they are considerate of their guests while also having the ceremony that is meaningful to them. You will never be able to please or accommodate everyone.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #65
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I can't believe how I blanked this out through this whole thread, but when I was living with someone who had a kid, we were invited to an adult-only wedding.

It was two gay guys getting married, one of whom, ironically, has a kid who was a teenager then (and is now just starting college, and I'm mentoring him and helped them through the registration process).

Anyway, we got invited to this adult-only wedding, and since we had no childcare options, we didn't go.

I regret not having gone by myself, and more than that, I regret having told the friend why we couldn't go, because he felt guilted into making an exception (not what I wanted), which we declined.

It can be so awkward, life. I really like being home alone. It feels so soothing. And these dilemmas we're talking about aren't trite. They bring up all kinds of cultural, social, class issues.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #66
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say I have seen many more problems at weddings (reception any way) caused by adults who have had too much to drink than I have kids misbehaving.

For me, a wedding without kids sounds kind of bland. However, it is up to the people getting married.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #67
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

I was at a wedding where two unattended kids, ate the back half the wedding cake, peed on the dance floor, spit on some of the food and screamed bloody murder when the parents finally tried to contain them during the toasts. This was an adult only event, the parents figured they didnt REALLY mean it, and were shocked when asked to control their children. I put the blame on the parents, first for bringing the kids, then letting them run wild, and their lack of respect for the people getting married. When they watched their wedding video, all you can hear during her fathers toast, were those kids screaming nonononono. fun, not.
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peach For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #68
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

I have never been to a wedding that was that fancy. I have only attended backyard weddings with friends and family. Not being a partier you could find me with infants and toddlers helping new moms.

I loved rocking them to sleep or reading stories. Always been good at calming fussy babes.

An invitation is just that. Not an edict. I would hope that not accepting would not be taken as a personal affront.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #69
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

I've been to both formal, and informal, some with kids some with none. The day belongs to those getting married, their wishes need to be honored, bottom line. As a guest, its isnt my place to say what should or shouldnt be. I went to one, was told what to bring (it was a pot luck reception) how much of it, where to shop for the food....I was told what to wear, organic fibers only.......what gift to bring, with them guessing as to my income, how much to spend! I sent a card, wished them well, and stayed home.
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peach For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2018, 12:09 PM   #70
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Oh totally, my friends make WAY more trouble than kids.

Which is why the reception was an adult only area. We didn't say this explicitly, and we did have the massive room upstairs,s for the kids on the floor between the master bedroom level and the ground floor dinning, reception, and kitchen.

We basically did what our parents did in the 70s. Back then you brought your kids to the party, put them in the basement with whatever games was their favourite, and the 2 oldest bascially got stuck with keeping mind.

At ours no toddlers/babies stayed past the first course of the buffet. They went home with their 2 mums.

The kids played upstairs, occasionally relatively soberish parent would check in. Slowly people went back to hotels, couches, guest rooms, etc with children.

but the adult only was not because kids cause damage LOL - I have caused far more damage than a child, I'm sure, in my 20s and early 30s, but BECAUSE we get *rowdy*
And more than likely someone is going to get naked at some point, and dance around like an idiot with mash potatoes on their arse (*yawn*), we did have to kick someone out for not being able to handle the pot in Amsterdam, And more than likely because there was quite a few UK club folk there, some form of unmentionables would be happening by one or two in the loo at some point and depending on their resulting state they might be mild and amusing people or guerning idiots I'd have to send home.

It was very, very fun, it did get messy, I broke a horse crop over inks arse at one point, I believe.

So... I don't think Adult Only Space is about having children "wreck" things. But about having "adult time to do adult things that kids would find boring or disturbing."
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2018, 03:04 PM   #71
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,364 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I think it is up to the bride & her parents with the groom consulted..since it is the brides parents who will bear most of the cost of the wedding traditionally..it is a thoughtful addition to the invitation to include children if your budget permits but it's not a given. I consider most weddings adult affairs, as a general rule, and if you have a problem it is, don't go. RSVP of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2018, 07:06 PM   #72
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

I attended an Adult-only ceremony last year. I thought it was completely within the bride and groom's rights to decide whether they want children present (with the knowledge some parents may not be able to attend or may choose not to attend if they feel their children are being left out).

BTW, a couple brought their kid (maybe 8 years old) despite the bride and groom's request. THAT was classless.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2018, 08:13 PM   #73
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

There's a time and place and if it's an all adult event so be it ~ it should be respected !