Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

I heard the testimony of the latest woman to step forward and accuse Kavenaugh on BBC Radio on the college minibus as I was on my way home today. That was not, IMHO, the voice or tale of a woman making things up or politically motivated. That, I believe, was the voice of a woman recounting events that actually happened, and a damned intelligent one at that.

I so hope that the USA somehow finds it within itself to reform its political system so that it no longer has the best government that money can buy* - because that so clearly is the reason why and how America is in the dire situation that it is in today. I find it rich that Trump referred to other nations as shitholes, considering he seems hellbent on turning the USA into a mediaeval shithole dictatorship as rapidly as he can.

* The UK's problem is that we have the second best government that money can buy. Sadly,our Tory party seem to be doing their best to try to be as awful as Trump. Luckily, they're not quite managing it.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 03:39 PM   #22
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

Folks-

I am receiving reports about personal attacks in this thread.

This is what I am going to say, personal attacks are against the TOS. Don't do it.

But also? Folks in this discussion need to make sure they are being respectful and reverent. This discussion centers around the very serious issue of sexual assault, of which *I* am a survivor as are WAY too many members of this site.

This thread has not been declared a "safe space" but I would hope on a site full of women, people of a female experience, and people who have lived as women that we realize the impact of the Kavanaugh hearing and what is might mean for all of us if this abusive shitpile is confirmed to the Supreme Court.

Please take a breath and keep it respectful.

Thanks folks,
Admin aka Angie
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 04:16 PM   #23
BermieSwim

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her ... hey you
Relationship Status:
Single

BermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST Reputation
Angry

Did they just fire the only woman on their team in the middle of her job?

Also look at every woman's face in there today. That's what they should be showing on the news.
BermieSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BermieSwim For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #24
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Did they put vodka in Kavenaugh's water glass? HIs little tic of drinking, um water, is a hell of a tell about his nervousness.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 09:21 PM   #25
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Did they put vodka in Kavenaugh's water glass? HIs little tic of drinking, um water, is a hell of a tell about his nervousness.
I bet Dr. Ford not once even thought of the democratic and republican side of her experience. Personally I feel that if Kavanaugh was truly innocent he wouldn't have danced around the question if he would want an FBI investigation. He's not a judge he's a dancer and a dancer dance's ~ oops he fell lololol ** sniffs glass ** hmm vodka don't have a scent but this lime is potent.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:50 AM   #26
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kavanaugh

I watched the entire hearing yesterday. I thought that Dr. Ford was trustworthy, articulate, and gave an honest account of her horrific experience.

I found Kavanagh to be aggressive, angry, and belligerent. Actually, that is exactly how his classmates described him drunk in his youth.
I will be very disappointed and even angry if he is placed on the Supreme Court.

Just my thoughts here.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 12:13 PM   #27
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,369 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Flake is voting yes in committee but the word is he's trying to trade that for a brief FBI investigation. That will probably change things. I read Collins' offices are swamped, but I also read that Republican white women in Maine are conflicted. Jeez. I still think he'll get the job, but this is a nail biter.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:42 PM   #28
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

So Murkowski just said her vote is dependent on a one week delay for an FBI investigation. That's it. Flake and she can block the appointment. People must be talking to McConnell and the White House now to set this up. I wonder how Donald can try to make it sound like it's his idea to bring the fbi in.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:30 PM   #29
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I watched the entire thing yesterday … her four hours and his... I don't know how long. What a complete cluster f*ck! I don't think I can watch anymore … pissess me off just too much!

There was a time when I could respect Republican views … positions on certain subjects. I didn't agree with most of the their views, but I could at least respect their earnest beliefs. Now?! F*ck... WTF is wrong with those people???
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 02:07 PM   #30
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Flake is voting yes in committee but the word is he's trying to trade that for a brief FBI investigation. That will probably change things. I read Collins' offices are swamped, but I also read that Republican white women in Maine are conflicted. Jeez. I still think he'll get the job, but this is a nail biter.
In my opinion, one week is all the FBI will need to totally discredit the beer drinkin' judge, because the FBI knows this Kavenaugh clown was chosen by Trump strictly because he's written about how he thinks no president should be investigated, impeached, indicted or anything while he's in office.
The FBI has enough axes to grind; they will happily expose Kavenaugh as a black out drunk who forgets his habit of raping (or attempting to rape) women while he's under the influence.
If you watched his rebuttal after Dr. Ford gave her testimony yesterday, you would have seen him come unglued, badger a female senator, and question male senators, as in, "No, I am not a problem drinker, ARE YOU? Well, are you?" He's a judge, and he pulls that kind of crap?
Just his rage issues alone should disqualify him.
The guy is so nuts, his antics took Trump off the front page, for once.
This morning Trump said if the Senate leaders wanted the FBI to get involved, he was fine with it.
Even Trump may realize this guy has no up-side.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 02:18 PM   #31
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
So Murkowski just said her vote is dependent on a one week delay for an FBI investigation. That's it. Flake and she can block the appointment. People must be talking to McConnell and the White House now to set this up. I wonder how Donald can try to make it sound like it's his idea to bring the fbi in.
Once the FBI confirms that the guy is a drunk and a big, fat liar, (as they are motivated to do) the GOP-led committee can still vote to confirm him if Trump scares them into it, but without Flake and Murkowski's vote they can't win. This is a lose/lose deal for the GOP, but these cheaters deserve to get knocked back after they stole a SCOTUS pick from Obama.
Their sanctimony only made them seem like even more arrogant cheaters. By the mid-terms, if everyone who needs to vote wakes up and does it...it'll be KABOOM for the reicht wing.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #32
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatToast View Post
In my opinion, one week is all the FBI will need to totally discredit the beer drinkin' judge, because the FBI knows this Kavenaugh clown was chosen by Trump strictly because he's written about how he thinks no president should be investigated, impeached, indicted or anything while he's in office.
The FBI has enough axes to grind; they will happily expose Kavenaugh as a black out drunk who forgets his habit of raping (or attempting to rape) women while he's under the influence.
If you watched his rebuttal after Dr. Ford gave her testimony yesterday, you would have seen him come unglued, badger a female senator, and question male senators, as in, "No, I am not a problem drinker, ARE YOU? Well, are you?" He's a judge, and he pulls that kind of crap?
Just his rage issues alone should disqualify him.
The guy is so nuts, his antics took Trump off the front page, for once.
This morning Trump said if the Senate leaders wanted the FBI to get involved, he was fine with it.
Even Trump may realize this guy has no up-side.
Even with all of this, I still think he will get voted in. Every day is a shit show, and I stopped asking myself when are certain people going to finally see it because it is beyond that at this point. There is an absolute blatant disregard of Trump's behavior, and Kavanaugh's behavior. They Don't Care. They want what they want because they want it.

I would so love to be wrong, but I will have to see it actually happen to believe it. So while I wait, I hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 04:45 PM   #33
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Rachel Mitchell?? Oh yeah! I didn't catch it immediately! I was... what just happened??? WTF are all the dude's talking now??? lol

I heard later it was right when she started asking him about a specific date in his printed schedule. Something about him meeting up with is other buddies … some of which Ford had named … possibly for a party? I didn't hear all that was stated. I was trying to watch and work at the same time. Shrug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermieSwim View Post
Did they just fire the only woman on their team in the middle of her job?

Also look at every woman's face in there today. That's what they should be showing on the news.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:54 PM   #34
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
Even with all of this, I still think he will get voted in. Every day is a shit show, and I stopped asking myself when are certain people going to finally see it because it is beyond that at this point. There is an absolute blatant disregard of Trump's behavior, and Kavanaugh's behavior. They Don't Care. They want what they want because they want it.

I would so love to be wrong, but I will have to see it actually happen to believe it. So while I wait, I hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
You may be right, but IMO, with the entire staff of the FBI authorized to dig up dirt on Judge Brett Budweiser by acting director Rod Rosenstein, I suspect they will do whatever it takes to squeeze his buddy Mr. Judge into admitting that his book character, Bart O' Kavenaugh, the drunken car puker was modeled on Brett Kavenaugh. Not much of a leap, ey?
Though the Senate GOP are pretending that one week won't make a difference in getting this guy on the SCOTUS bench, they are leaving out the motivation the FBI will have in nailing this loser.
Add to that, Trump's sudden laissez-faire in "allowing" the FBI to start digging, tells me the guy is already under Trump's bus.
If Trump was willing to be this passive about the FBI checking into his get out of jail free judge, think of what Trump must already know about the guy. Trump suddenly finding someone distasteful is like making a maggot gag on something even worse than a maggot.
Something seems verrrry fishy about this latest twist.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:58 PM   #35
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Oh, I'm sure not a one! It's hard enough for women to come forward when sexually assaulted. I think … I think... that the ridicule … the victim blaming … etc... etc... would be amplified if it happened to a man. Because, you know... what kind of real man... let's himself get assaulted?

I doubt most of them could even imagine, if only for a moment, just to empathize, being a victim of a sexual assault. It's utterly beyond their comprehension. Such things don't happen to real men!! SMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

I'm just wondering if the tables were turned, how many of the good ole white men on the Judicial Committee would step forward and admit to having been sexually assaulted as Ned Beatty's character was in Deliverance?

Perhaps walking a mile in one of these female's shoes would cure them not to be so quick to judge and dismiss!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 05:07 PM   #36
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

I watched the whole thing too. Kinda which I didn't … just ended up pissed the rest of the day.

RE: K's behavior.... very typical of someone who knows they're in the shit and has no relevant … logical … evidence … facts … whatever … to prove their innocence. So, instead they try to convince you of their innocence with the only thing they do have, emotion … anger ... indignation … hurt feelings... shock... dismay... back to a anger again... martyrdom … yadda … yadda … yadda… and they'll go through those emotions again and again and again … because they have nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I watched the entire hearing yesterday. I thought that Dr. Ford was trustworthy, articulate, and gave an honest account of her horrific experience.

I found Kavanagh to be aggressive, angry, and belligerent. Actually, that is exactly how his classmates described him drunk in his youth.
I will be very disappointed and even angry if he is placed on the Supreme Court.

Just my thoughts here.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 06:41 PM   #37
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

How dare a Federal Judge speak to U.S. Senators with such back talk and nasty tone! I am sure Judge Kavenaugh would NOT allow that in HIS courtroom. This man (and I use the term loosely) is not Justice material. Thank God Senator Flake is the Brakeman on this runaway train! Oh....and I am thankful for those two women who cornered Flake in that elevator! They brought a reasonable man to his senses.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 07:46 PM   #38
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
You may be right, but IMO, with the entire staff of the FBI authorized to dig up dirt on Judge Brett Budweiser by acting director Rod Rosenstein, I suspect they will do whatever it takes
Rod Rosenstein is not acting director of anything. He is deputy attorney general. There is a director of the FBI, Christopher Wray. Rod Rosenstein will have nothing to do with this investigation.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:15 PM   #39
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I suspect they will do whatever it takes to squeeze his buddy Mr. Judge into admitting that his book character, Bart O' Kavenaugh, the drunken car puker was modeled on Brett Kavenaugh. Not much of a leap, ey?
Though the Senate GOP are pretending that one week won't make a difference in getting this guy on the SCOTUS bench, they are leaving out the motivation the FBI will have in nailing this loser.
What is the motivation for nailing Kavanaugh? They are fact finders. That is their only job. They gather all facts and present it to Congress and then it is decided to hold a hearing or change their vote.

A hope is they find evidence that Kavanaugh lied during the hearings or in his background check forms, and then criminal investigation can be started. But relying on people who see Ford as a liar and a tool to thwart any effort to get Kavanaugh in, and who do not seem affected at all about anything that has been said about Kavanaugh, to suddenly have a change of heart? The absolute rabid responses that have been seen in response to Kavanaugh being questioned don't give me any trust that minds will be changed. As for Flake? Still don't trust him.

Listen, I would love to see Kavanaugh go down, but as I said earlier, I will believe it only when it happens.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2018, 07:31 AM   #40
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Let us who have lighter hearts and optimism today not rest on our laurels. Even if Mr. Crocodile tears is thrown out of the running (rest assured he will be offered a multi million job from the billionaire class) the next judges in the running (chosen by the Federalist Society, look them up and have nightmares) are equally anti-women, anti immigration, anti climate change, anti environment, anti protection of endangered species, anti lgbt rights, anti poverty......do I need to go on?

The SCOTUS will be 5-4, no matter how you cut it. The glimmer of hope is taking back both chambers and begin impeachment and have multiple investigations on ALL these hypocrites. Get thee cancer out the best we can. Detoothing IQ45 is a real possibility.

Let's let the good guys and gals get this country back on track! Kamala Harris for President 2020.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post: